Meeting people

The second heart

Key's POV

I looked  for the source of the voice and saw a guy. He was wearing this school’s uniform. I searched his face in order to find something out of the ordinary but the face was  way to ordinary for me  to even remember. I looked away and  focused on a butterfly attempting to fly away but one of its wings was damaged. I heard the guy come closer but it seemed as if he wasn’t interested in getting the answer to his question. I felt his eyes stop on me but then he turned to Seunghyun.

“Ya! Seunghyun, have you seen Joon?”

“Ani.” – I could sense from Seunghyun’s  voice that he didn’t really want to talk to the guy.

“Aren’t you in one class with him?”

“Yes…. But I don’t follow him around” – The other guy chuckled.

“That is true.  Well, anyway, thank you for your time” – He started moving past me but then stopped. – “And, Hey! Good luck, new kid!” – I slowly turned around but the guy was already far away. Seunghyun signed and I turned my attention back to him.

“Well, Key…. You are really lucky!” – He motioned me to start moving forward.

“Huh?”

“Well…. You met Kim Jonghyun on your first day! I met him only half through the year.” – Kim Jonghyun? Sounded familiar. I must have looked hopeless or like an idiot cause Seunghyun quickly added although with uncertainty. – “He is the ex-boyfriend of Jonghun’s girlfriend, remember?...... The weird guy?.... The genius?” – Ah…. So that was him.

“Okay.” – I said even though I was having a hard time remembering his features even though he left only a min ute ago. Me and Seunghyun stopped in front of a classroom. I read the tag.

“Korean literature. Mrs. Jeon” My stop , I guess.

Seunghyun stepped into the classroom.

“Don’t you have another class?” – I wondered.

“Yep… I have English. That’s classroom 5, if you need me.”

“So…. Why are you here then?” – Seunghyun was searching for something… or someone.

“I want you to meet somebody…..” – His eyes suddenly stopped and he smiled. Then he started motioning someone to come over and I turned my head in that direction. I saw a guy stand up and come towards us. He had brown dyed hair.

“Hey, Minhwan!” – Seunghyun hugged the shorter male and that is when I noticed how tall my first frien really was. –“Guess what? I think I am becoming popular!!!! Today both Jonghyun and Jonghun talked to me” – Minhwan chuckled but I could see his eyes curiously flickering in my direction.

Seunghyun seemed to notice it too.

“Woah! Sorry! Umm… Key, this is one of the most normal people you will meet here! I present to you – Minhwan! And Minhwan, this is the new student – Kim Kibum or Key. I think you’ll like each other. If not I am forever doomed to listen to you to bickering” – Me and Minhwan bowed abit and smiled before he stretched out his hand.

“Minhwan”

“Pleased to meet you. Key.” – I wanted to start a conversation but suddenly the bell ran and all the students groaned. Seunghyun Quickly waved and left the classroom. Minhwan murmered something like “Hwaiting” and made his way to his seat. I stayed near the blackboard.

The door opened again revealing a middle-aged woman with a tight bun and bangs. I could tell right away that Seunghyun wasn’t lying when he said the teacher was nice. She smiled at me and stood in front of the class and made a small coughing noise to attract some attention. When everyone quieted down Mrs. Jeon smiled.

“Today, we have a new student. This is Kim Kibum. Please be nice to him.” – Some people snickered, some didn’t seem to care. To tell the truth, I didn’t care either.  It's not like those people mattered to me. They were just someone I would be seeing everyday from now on. It may sound like a big thing, but in reality it isn’t.  I am pretty sure this school has already established cliques and the people in your clique are the only people you actually acknowledge. From now on to most of my classmates I am going to be nothing more than a chair standing near the desk.

Mrs. Jeon nodded towards  an empty seat. Blame my luck my seat was on the opposite side of the classroom compared to Minhwan. Well…. Nothing I can do. And the seat wasn’t even near the window. Plus it was the second row which was way too close for my liking. I unwillingly made my way to the seat and dumped my bag o he ground before sitting down. and taking out a notebook and a pen, I was ready.

Woah~! The guy in front of me was huge!!! He was so tall it’s kinda creepy. Then I looked to my right. I saw a girl with too much makeup…… Not interested. I lazily turned my head left and met a pair of big eyes. We – me and him  - stayed like that – our eyes locked – for at least 10 seconds before I couldn’t take it anymore and turned towards the blackboard.  I could feel the guy’s eyes on me before he turned away to look out the window. What is his problem?

It was half through the lesson when a paper landed on my desk. I looked over at the huge-eyed guy who was d\signaling me to read it. The hell? I slowly and with uncertainty took the note and started opening it.

“Choi Minho.”

Seriously? Is that it? Is this a joke? What is it? Is that his name? Does he not talk or something?

I looked over at him and he was looking at me expectedly. What am I supposed to do? I already introduced myself. God! I am so lost!!!

“You can call me Key.” – I scribbled down in the best way I could.  At first I didn’t want to reply, trust me but something in his eyes told me was  genuinely interested in getting to know me.  Plus not everyone here is a bastard and I should trust people more. At least according to my doctor…

I passed the note to him quietly and earned a nasty laugh from the girl on my right. Whatever! Don’t mind them, Key. They are just people with nothing better to do than pick on others. And it makes them happy.

Minho returned the note to me. I opened the note.

“Any meaning? Like you are a key-holder in prison or something?”

Let me tell you, that even though we had a rather pleasant talk in class Minho didn’t become my friend although in the future he would play one of the most important roles later – much later.

 

 

So yea, I decided to do this fic from Key’s POV cause it’s easier. Also I would like to organize my characters.

10th grade

Lee Taemin – 16 years old

11th grade

Kim Kibum – 17 years old

Choi Minho – 17 years old

Lee Joon – 17 years old

Song Seunghyun – 16 years old

Choi Minhwan – 16 years old

12th grade

Kim Jonghyun – 18 years old

Lee Jinki – 18 years old

Choi Jonghun – 17 years old

 

And Key’s schedule

Monday: Algebra, Korean literature, English, Science

And luch is between 2nd and 3rd lessons. Each day has 4 lessons one hour and a half each.

Algebra: Key, Lee Joon, Seunghyun

Korean literature: Key, Minhwan, Minho, Siwon ( the extremely tall guy in front of Key )

 

 

The pic is random, but atleast Key is wearing a school uniform. But Victoria is totally random^^ Yep, I am a pro at being random^^ I hope you can live with it. 

 

Feedback appreciated<3