JeTi is Real.. right?

Jeti is Real... Right?

JeTi is real.... right?

 

Jessica walked into SNSD's dorm in Seoul and took off her shoes. Her entire body was wet from the pouring rain. Jessica took off her coat and hanged it up to dry.

 

"Hello.. anyone home?" Jessica asked. All the lights were off and it was dead silent. Most of the girls had separate schedules. Yoona and Yuri were busy filming for their dramas, Love Rain and Fashion King. Sunny and Hyoyeon for Invincible Youth. Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun were busy promoting for Girls' Generation's first sub group, TaeTiSeo.. and Sooyoung.. probably off in a buffet or something. Jessica walked to the room she shared with Sooyoung and got new clothes to change into. The ice princess walked into the  bathroom and took a shower. The time was now 7:45 pm.

 

With nothing to do Jessica sat down on the couch in the living room and the television.

 

Sigh... there's nothing to do or watch. Jessica skipped past random channels, tired of channel surfing she decided to watch Dream Concert 2012. TaeTiSeo were performing their song, Twinkle. The song didn't really appeal to Jessica, but she was captivated by the group, or rather TIFFANY. Everything about Tiffany made Jessica go crazy. The outfit she was wearing on stage, her beautiful red hair, that gorgeous eye smile, Tiffany Hwang was the definition of perfect to Jessica. The older girl has been crushing on Tiffany even before debut. The little notes they would give each other during high school, their vocal practices together, their selcas. Those were all Jessica's discreet way of getting close to Tiffany.

 

When they first met Jessica appeared cold and found Tiffany loud and somewhat obnoxious, but as they became close Jessica realized she grew to love Tiffany's bubbly and out going personality. Her eye smile made her melt. Her broken korean was absolutely adorable. Tiffany was perfect period.

 

~~

 

Tiffany walked into the practice room of SM entertainment. She recently moved with her father to Seoul in hopes of fulfilling her dreams. Despite being a korean, she was american born, which gave her a disadvantage in terms of speaking and knowing the cultures. Tiffany wanted to make friends, but decided not to speak that much fearing that she might embarrass herself with such broken korean.

 

In the practice room she saw two girls around the same age and height talking and laughing together, On the far right of the room she saw a quiet girl reading a book by herself and writing a book report. She inspected the rest of the room and saw a tall girl eating and talking to a cold looking brunette, a short girl with a distinct ahjumma like laugh and another girl dancing by herself. The other girls looked at the new girl and started whispering.

 

"Pst.. she's that new american. I heard she's gonna be a vocalist." A girl with tanned skin whispered to her friend with doe like eyes, The latter just stared at the new girl, feeling intimidated.

 

Great.. another person with singing abilities. Why can't I be like that? Plus she knows english like Sica Unnie. Yoona thought to herself and smiled bitterly. The girl next to her, Yuri, saw her friend's sad expression and wrapped her arms around the younger girl.

 

"It's okay Yoongie.. you might not be able to sing as well as Sica, Juhyun, Soyeon, Taeyeon and maybe this new girl, but you're much cuter and have a ier body" Yuri said and then gave Yoona a erted grin, earning a chuckle and a light slap on the shoulder from the younger girl.

 

Tiffany walked up to Jessica, who appears to be the leader of the group.

 

"Uhm.. anyong. uh.. haseyo?" Tiffany said while bowing.

 

The shorter brunette glared at the younger girl and shook her head hearing such broken korean.

 

"You're american right? Me too. I'm Jung Sooyeon. Just call me Jessica." Jessica asked in english.

 

"Oh my gosh!! American girl!" Tiffany said excitedly and pointed at the girl next to her.

 

Jessica glared at Tiffany and walked up to her to whisper.

 

"You shouldn't be so loud. It's bothersome and can be perceived as rude. Also I'm older than you and your sunbae, so I'm your Unnie. You will address me as Unnie. Understand?" Jessica said with a threatening tone.

 

"But.. we're both 1989 right? Why should I call you Unnie? You're only 4 months older than me" Tiffany whispered.

 

"I don't care. You're calling me Unnie or Sunbae." Jessica whispered and walked to Yoona and Yuri.

 

She's.. so... bossy!! Ugh what a b*tch!!! She's definitely one person I don't want as a friend. Tiffany thought.

 

~~

 

Tiffany and Jessica were in their school library studying for their upcoming math exam. In the past few months the two have become closer. At first Tiffany was annoyed having Jessica in her high school and her uptight personality. She would randomly scold Tiffany every time she did something that would appear rude, but as time past Tiffany realized Jessica was doing this for her sake. When Jessica first came to Korea she was also unaware of korean cultures and got shunned by many. Jessica just didn't want the same thing to happen to Tiffany.

 

"Okay let's solve the next problem. If 7 to the K power equals 100 what is 7 to the K/2 power plus 1?" Jessica asked.

 

"uhm... i don't know" Tiffany shyly responded. Jessica sighed and showed the steps. Tiffany was never good at math, even back in the states. The math they're teaching now was practically turning her brain into mush.

 

"The answer is 70. Here look at my steps. Come on Tiff. If you don't get it you're going to fail tomorrow's test." Jessica said. Tiffany only sighed and got back to work, but she smiled knowing that Jessica was here to help her. The eye smiling girl's korean was still at an average level so having another person that knew english was really helping her. Every now and then Tiffany would still make some minor mistakes in pronunciation. For example she has a habit of pronouncing Yuri's name as Yuwree, but Yuri was in no position to complain because she is guilty of pronouncing Stephanie or Tiffany as Steppanie or Tippany.

 

As strict and somewhat bossy Jessica was, Tiffany was glad to have someone like Jessica in her life. In class if Jessica ever got bored she would pass notes to Tiffany. The two would spend class giggling and basically anything but paying attention. On their graduation Tiffany was smiling and waving at the camera, while Jessica lazily walked past it thinking "I hated practically everyone here".

 

~~

 

Jessica and Tiffany were finally ready to debut with the other 7, Yoona, Yuri, Taeyeon, Juhyun who will be named Seohyun, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Sunny who was last to join the group. Park Soyeon, the original leader and main vocalist of Girls' Generation dropped the project for reasons unknown, but woud later join idol group T-ara, and Chanmi, the original maknae also quit for her studies. Their debut song Into The New World was a hit for them in 2007, the start of their journey. In 2008 the girls experienced K-Pop's first "black ocean". Even Taeyeon, who was the oldest was not even 20 at the time. Many looked at this like a curse, but this was a blessing to the girls. It brought them even closer together and they realized they had to work even harder to win their audience over. In 2009 their hit song, GEE helped bring them to the top. Soon after they created even more number ones, Genie, Oh, Run Devil Run, Hoot and The Boys.

 

As time progressed the girls' bonds were even stronger. Tiffany and Jessica went from "the two americans" to best friends. Jessica was always there for Tiffany. Behind all the eye smiles Jessica knew Tiffany was hurting. Tiffany assumed Jessica was just her best friend and sister, but to Jessica... Tiffany was much more than a friend.

 

~~

 

"Jessi guess what?" Tiffany said excitedly. She just came back from a meeting in SM and she heard that she was going to be in a sub group with Seohyun and Taeyeon.

 

"what?" Jessica asked in an uncaring tone.

 

"I'm gonna be in a sub group with Seobaby and Tae Tae!!" Tiffany cheered. Tiffany was so busy celebrating by herself that she didn't notice the pained expression on Jessica's face. The ice princess often didn't care about much, but when it came to Tiffany she couldn't help but become weak. The main vocalist always felt threatened by Taeyeon. She felt if anyone was going to take her Tiffany away it would be Taeyeon.

 

Jung Jessica what are you thinking? You have no right to be jealous. Tiff doesn't belong to you.

 

"Jessi.. is something wrong?" Tiffany asked.

 

Jessica tried her best to force a smile so her best friend wouldn't get worried.

 

"It's nothing Tiff.. I'm happy for you"

 

~~

 

"I''m so stupid. Why of all people did I have to fall for my best friend?" Jessica muttered while watching the dream concert. Seeing Tiffany and Taeyeon on stage together was hurting her greatly.

 

"JeTi.. hwaiting" Jessica said softly as a lone tear fell from her face.

 

Jessica was so lost in thought that she didn't notice Yoona had returned home.

 

"Anyone home? Why is it so dark?" Yoona said to herself as she put away her shoes. Yoona was also soaked from the heavy rainfall outside. She walked into the living room and the lights. She was surprised seeing one of her closest Unnie on the couch crying. Yoona quickly ran to Jessica's side to consult her.

 

"Unnie.. what's wrong?" Yoona asked with a concerned face and tone.

 

"Yoona.... I don't know what to do." Jessica muttered.

 

"What do you mean Sica Unnie? Please you're scaring me." Yoona said as she pulled the older girl into an embrace. Jessica rested her head on her dongsaeng's shoulder as she cried even harder.

 

"Yoona... i love her so much. It hurts." Jessica said while Yoona remained silent and continued to listen to her Unnie speak.

 

"I really love Tiffany" Jessica whispered. Yoona continued hugging her Unnie. When Jessica stopped sobbing Yoona peaked over at her shoulder and saw that the older girl had fallen asleep. Yoona used her strength to carry Jessica to the ice princess' and Sooyoung's room. She pulled the blankets over to cover her Unnie.

 

"Good night Unnie." Yoona whispered and walked out, closing the door behind her. When she walked downstairs she noticed Yuri had returned from her drama filming.

 

"Hi Yul!!" Yoona said ecstatically and ran to hug her favorite Unnie.

 

"Oof!! Gah.. Yoong please get off. I. Can't. Breathe!!" Yuri said while struggling to get Yoona off of her.

 

"Sorry Unnie."

 

"It's alright. What's wrong? Why were you upstairs?"

 

"It's Sica Unnie... She was crying"

 

"What? Why?" Yuri became worried.

 

"Sica Unnie.. she.. really loves Fany Unnie." Yoona said sadly and looked down on the ground. "I feel so useless. We're just standing there watching her get hurt. Why can't Fany Unnie notice Sica Unnie?"

 

"There's nothing we can do. Yoong let's just leave it up to them. Come on let's go back to our room. It's been a while since we got to talk with our dramas and everything."

 

"Okay Unnie!"

 

Yoona and Yuri walked to the room that they shared and began talking about things. Mainly how their filming has been, how the ratings are and other random stuff.

 

In Sooyoung and Jessica's room. Jessica was staring at the wallpaper on her iphone. It was of Tiffany and her. She was going through tumblr and found JeTi moments. To Tiffany those moments could just be fan service, but to Jessica it was and still is, real. Suddenly Jessica saw the tag she most dreads, TaeNy. All the moments of the "Kim Family" for Twinkle was killing Jessica.

 

Jessica decided to call Tiffany. Hearing her voice would make her feel better.

 

"Yeoboseyo? Jessi?"

 

"Hi Tiff" Jessica said weakly. She was still trying to catch her breath after sobbing.

 

"Jessi? Is something wrong? You sound sick." Tiffany asked with a worried tone.

 

"It's.. nothing" Jessica muttered.

 

"If something's wrong. You can tell me. Okay Jessi?"

 

"I know."

 

"So Jessi. Why did you call me?"

 

"I.. missed you" Jessica said slowly. She waited to hear the younger girl's response.

 

"I missed you too." Jessica could hear sincerity in her crush's voice.

 

Jessica was feeling depressed before, but after talking to Tiffany she was feeling better. Suddenly from the back ground she could hear something that made her heart break into pieces.

 

"Fany- Ah who are you talking to?" The voice asked Tiffany.

 

"Jessi. She called me TaeTae." Tiffany explained.

 

"Oh.. Hi Sica!" Taeyeon said loudly.

 

"Jessi we have something to do for our schedule. I'll talk to you later. Bye Bye" Tiffany said in english.

 

"Bye Tiff" Jessica ended the call and turned off her phone. She started at the ceiling with the light from outside.

 

"Is there hope for JeTi?" Jessica asked herself and slowly drifted off to sleep.

 
TBC (maybe)