He Knows

Not What I Expected

 

 

 

Saturday Morning

 

Sofia woke up and went downstairs to eat breakfast. Her dad was already eating. She walked up to him, kissed him on the cheek, and said 'Good morning'. She had nothing else to do so she asked if she could go to the mall. Her parents said yes so she went to change and left.

 

At the Mall

It was really packed today. She hate packed places. She was about to leave but then she heard someone call her name from behind. It was Sehun with Jaeyun.

"Hey!" he said.

"Hi." she smiled back.

"Want to hang out with us?" Sehun asked.

"Yeah, sure." she responded.

They went to a couple of stores, but Sofia couldn't stand it anymore, she felt like the third wheel. I'm going to call Chanyeol.

"Who are you calling?" Sehun looked at her.

"Chanyeol."

"Why? You aren't having fun with us?" he sounded a bit jealous.

"I feel like the third wheel, that's why." she tells him.

"Oh ok." Sehun looked away.

After an awkward twenty minutes, Chanyeol arrived.

"Hey!" Chanyeol shouted waving his arms around.

He's always happy.

Next, the four went to a really cute store where they have all this girly stuff. Sofia looked around and saw a cute little hairpin with bunny ears. She went over to them and tried them on, but then put them back.

"You don't like them?" Chanyeol asked her.

"They don't go with me." she said with a sad tone.

"You seemed to like them though. I'll buy them-"

"No, it's fine. Really."

Chanyeol frowns, knowing something is wrong. "Is something wrong?"

Sofia sighs. "Kids at school used to make fun of me whenever I would wear things like this. They always said that I should stop trying to fit in and that I look ugly." Sofia looked down.

"And that's why you don't wear things like this?"

"Yeah."

"So? Who cares about what other people think? Just be yourself. If you want to wear this then wear it."

She looked up at him and then she felt as if she were about to cry. He's so nice.

Chanyeol grabbed the bunny ears and paid for them.

"Here." he said handing them to her. She looked at them and then at him.

"Wear them." he insisted.

Sofia grabbed them and put them on.

"You look bonita." Chanyeol smiled and walked away. After turning around, he put his hand to his chest, right where his heart is. Why is my heart beating so fast?

Sofia turned around to see Sehun and Jaeyun buying couple t-shirts. That's something she always wanted to do. She turned back around with a not so pleasant face. Chanyeol turns back around to look at her and notices something wrong.

"Are you ok?" he walks up to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine." she said looking down. He looks behind her to see Sehun and Jaeyun holding couple t-shirts.

And that's when it all clicked. The tears, being mean to him; everything makes sense now.

She likes Sehun. That is why she is upset. Sofia likes Sehun but he already has a girlfriend. How does she tolerate it? Having to see them everyday... I don't think Sehun is aware of her feelings.

"Teach me another word in Spanish." Chanyeol tried to distract her from Sehun.

Surprised by his sudden request she said, "Ummm... 'ya parenle'."

"What does that mean?"

"It means 'stop it already'."

After a few more tries Chanyeol was able to memorize it.

 

Since they were all hungry, the four decided to go eat. It was hard choosing but in the end they decided to eat ramyeon.

"You can use chopsticks, right?" Jaeyun asked Sofia.

"Yes."

"She has been living here for 5 years." Chanyeol said back to her; a little annoyed.

"Oh..." Jaeyun's mission to make her look bad failed.

The four started eating when the food arrived. Jaeyun burned her tongue while trying to eat the hot noodles. Someone was hungry!

"Ahh, I burned my tongue!" she yelled.

"Are you ok? " Sehun panicked.

"It hurts so much!" she exaggerated.

"I'll go get you some cold milk!" Sehun got up.

Chanyeol and Sofia both looked at her; knowing she just wants attention.

"Here." Sehun handed her the milk.

"Thank you, Oppa." she said with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry. Just be careful next time... you worried me so much." Sehun said while wiping her tears.

"Ya parenle~." Sofia sighed looking up; disgusted by their lovey-doveyness.

Chanyeol looked at her recognizing the words. They both laughed.

"Do you know Spanish, Chanyeol?" Jaeyun looked at both of them.

"Sofia's been teaching me."

"You never taught me any Spanish." Sehun looked at Sofia.

"Well, you never asked me to teach you."

What's wrong with her? She's been acting mean lately. Sehun wonders to himself.

 

"I have to go." Sofia said while looking at her phone.

"We'll take you home." Sehun offered.

"It's ok. I can go by myself", she didn't want to deal with Jaeyun.

"Can I take you home? I have to tell you something." Chanyeol asked her.

"Uhh, yeah sure." She wondered what he wanted to say.

 

Outside the Mall

"You didn't really get a message did you?" Chanyeol asked Sofia.

"No", she confessed; laughing a little. "I didn't feel like dealing with Jaeyun anymore."

"Me either." Chanyeol admitted as they both laugh.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" she looked up at Chanyeol.

He hesitated for a second but then said, "I know your secret."

"What secret, huh?" she asked, thinking he was just joking.

"I know who you like." he responded with the most serious tone ever.

Sofia tried not to make it obvious that she was caught. She was terrified to ask him who, since she's never told anybody.