Chrysanthemum

Pumpkin Spice

Three hours were gone and it felt like forever. Jongin was taking his time, treading over the thoughts of his decision that he would never be able to take back. The interviewer checked the camera a few times, thanking that he had it plugged in and used a 16 mg chip to hold all of the footage. He stayed patient though, listening, wanting more and more that he could stop this man from following through with his decision, for he felt extreme pain and sorrow for him... Though tried his hardest not to show it, for that was in his job description, he couldn't impair one's thoughts... Which was silly. That was for the therapist though. And Jongin had already seen her.

Looking down at his pad of notes he had taken down at the case before he had come, the interviewer frowned, forgetting the last hint of the story that put Jongin where he was today. He didn't know how to approach the topic, he didn't know how to ask, so he just said exactly what was on paper, “He was in an accident...?” His eyes slowly looking up at Jongin from his pad, one hand lifting his cup of tea to his lips.

There was a deep breath being drawn in from across the table. Eyes moving to the chrysanthemum and finger rising to run over one of its petals... Though the death of the flower was too late and the petal fell on contact with the pad of Jongin’s finger.

It took him what felt like eternity to answer, a half smile coming onto his lips before he bowed his head and closed his eyes tightly. The finger that touched the petal rose to press to his eyes along with his thumb. Rubbing his dull orbs, he drew in a tight breath before letting off almost a sob and then said, “He had Rasmussen’s Syndrome...” but that was all that he could manage before he tilted his head all the way back and looked up at the ceiling though no tears came - He didn't let them.