His Morning

I Stole Her Lips


http://youtu.be/Psy9I5v5d7k

----------

Jun.Q was laid down peacefully on his bed, still fast asleep. Birds were chirping melodiously and the sun was already up, but Jun.Q was still enjoying his slumber. That was till he felt his body swaying slightly, followed by the soft voice of his mother. “Jun Kyu-ah, it’s time to wake up. You have to get yourself ready for the wedding.” His mother whispered as she gently tugged on Jun.Q’s blanket.

Jun.Q grunted in approval and moved his body into a sitting position. He was still in a sleepy state as he stretched his tired limbs with a deep breath, before ruffling his already tousled hair. “Gomawoyo, umma,” Jun.Q mumbled.

Seeing that her son was awake, Jun.Q’s mother nodded and left the room so that her son could get up on his feet and start the day.

Jun.Q lazily reached for his mobile phone close by and stared at the screen through squinted eyes to look at the time. He unlocked his phone and went to the messaging app to send a good morning text. Chuckling at his brief text, he pressed the send button and placed his mobile phone back onto the night stand.

With a pull of his blanket, he slipped his feet out and stood up. As he tried to get rid of the drowsiness, he stretched again and bent his hips from left to right several times. *The day has finally arrived.* Then, he made his way to the bathroom and got himself ready.

~~~

After washing up and a nice, relaxing shower, he came into his room with a white wife beater and pajama pants on. He roughly rubbed the towel on his head to dry his damp hair as he made his way to his closet.  Sliding the door of his closet open, he automatically reached for the tuxedo he got back from the dry cleaners last night. With the tuxedo in hand, he took it out and placed it on his bed.

Then, he walked over to the hair dryer that was already plugged into a socket.  He flicked the switch on and began to blow dry his hair. After a few minutes, he turned it off and ran his fingers through his hair to make sure it was dry enough to style it. Reaching for his styling wax, he stood in front of a mirror and began to shape his hair into a desired style. Usually, he'd just leave his hair in a side parting, but today was no ordinary day, it was a day that he was required to look his best.

When he was satisfied with his hair, he strode over to his bed and grabbed his dress pants before swapping them with his pajama pants. Several thoughts popped into his head as he continued with the buttons on his white shirt, mostly thoughts about what last minute preparations he had to do at the church where the wedding was held at. *I have to confirm the songs with the pianist, make sure the florist sends the flowers and flower petals over, check if the helium balloons are delivered..*

As he went down his long list of chores, his thoughts came onto the alluring bride. He grinned at the thought of how breath-taking you would look in your wedding dress. *Minyeon has always been beautiful to me, today wouldn't be any different.* He smiled at that thought.

Without further ado, he tucked his white shirt into his dress pants so that it would look neater. He took his belt and slid it through the loops of his dress pants before buckling it up. Next, he put on his black bow tie and coat. He examined his reflection in the mirror and adjusted the bow tie to his liking.

Jun.Q look himself up and down, making sure that everything was in place. He gently yanked his coat downwards to get rid of the tiny wrinkles present and brushed the tiny bits of lint off his sleeves. Clearing his throat, he spun around to check if the back of his figure was alright.

He picked his mobile phone up and checked if there were any missed calls or texts he received while he was busy. Fortunately, there were none. Staring at the screen, he contemplated if he should give you a call. *Hmm.. But I don’t she’ll be able to answer her phone either. She’ll be busy and I wouldn’t want to distract her. I’ll probably just wait to see her just like the rest of us.*

Jun.Q was about to leave the room when he remembered something. Going over to a glass cabinet at a corner of his room, he opened it and took out a cologne bottle; it was a fogged glass bottle filled with Gorgio Armani’s Acqua Di Gio fragrance. He’s always been saving this for particular days because it was a gift from you. With the cap off, he applied some pressure onto the top and that musky masculine scent started to waft in the air.

Taking a whiff, he started to smile when he reminisced the time you forcefully bought it for him. Jun.Q liked it a lot but he pretended to pay it no interest when you offered to buy one for him. When you presented it to him on his birthday, he kept a poker face on and nonchalantly thanked you, but on the inside he was melting from your sweetness. You knew he’d love it but after years of being best friends, you’ve also foreseen his less ecstatic expression.

 

Once he mentally confirmed that he was ready, he stepped out of his bedroom to meet his father in the hallway. "Good morning, abeoji." Jun.Q greeted with a deep bow. His father nodded and returned his greeting.

"Is umma ready? I have to do the last minute checkups at the church." Jun.Q said as he pulled up the sleeve of his coat and white shirt to take a glance at his watch. "Umma is still putting on her makeup, but she's almost done. Let's just wait for her in the living room." Jun.Q's father suggested. With a nod, Jun.Q closed his bedroom door and followed his father.

Shortly, Jun.Q's mother graced the living room with her presence, looking wonderful in a pastel colored hanbok. She walked over to Jun.Q and slipped a white, triangular shaped handkerchief into his chest pocket. "You almost forgot this." She chided. He blinked for a moment as he realized what it was and thanked her.

"Let's go." His mother ushered as she quickly picked her shoes from the footwear cabinet. Jun.Q and his father slipped on their dress shoes and they exited the apartment altogether. *I'll get to see Minyeon pretty soon.* Jun.Q thought as he trailed after his parents to the elevator.

----------