Lost

Broken

"So you're pretty good. Most of your injuries are healed. Just come back for your bi-weekly check ups, okay Ms. Kwon?" The doctor asked me. I am finally dispatched from the hospital. Apparently I had gotten into a car accident about 2 weeks ago.

"Thank you Doctor Park" I bowed and said goodbye to the doctor. Outside of the hospital, my friends Jessica and Tiffany were waiting for me. The two of them were helping me with some of my things. I walked out and hugged my friends as soon as I saw them.

"We're glad you're okay Yul" Tiffany said and kissed my cheek.

"Thanks Fany"

I noticed Jessica was more quiet than usual, which is understandable considering the girl lost her cousin. 

Flashback

I was laying on my hospital bed after just waking up. I saw a young girl, in her mid teens, run into the room. The girl was Jessica's younger sister, Krystal.

"Krys.. why are you here??" Jessica asked, but she had a pretty good idea why.

"Unnie!" Krystal ran to Jessica crying. "Is.. is it true?? Yoona Unnie is dead!! I heard from mom and dad."Krystal said in between her sobs.

Jessica embraced her younger sister and nodded. "She is" Jessica whispered. A tear fell from Jessica's face.

"Yoona? Who is that? Is that a family member of yours Sica?" I asked. The name sounded familiar, but I just couldn't remember anything. 

I noticed everyone in the room looked surprised by what I just said.

 

Why? Am I suppose to know this Yoona girl?

 

"Yuri.. you.. don't remember Yoona?" Sunny asked me.

"No. Why? Have I met her before?" I replied while shaking my head.

Jessica just stared are me, shocked.

 

"Y- you don't know Yoona?" Jessica asked me while stuttering, almost as if she was trying to hold back her tears. 

 

I gently shook my head.

 

"Don't worry about it Yul.... it's nothing" Sooyoung told me. As soon as she said that I saw Jessica and Krystal glare at Sooyoung. Tiffany tried to calm the two of them down. She dragged them outside. 

 

I feel like they're hiding something from me. I sighed. 

 

Flashback End

 

Tiffany had asked me to stay with her for a while since my parents were away. She wanted to make sure someone would always be there to take care of me.

 

I simply agreed. Our friends had already helped me move some of my stuff to Tiffany's apartment.  Jessica dropped Tiffany and me off at Tiffany's house. 

 

"Bye Fany. Bye Yul" Jessica said, but she sounded dead. There was no life in her at all.

 

"Bye Jessi" Tiffany kissed Jessica cheek and waved goodbye.

 

Poor Jessica. She lost someone so important to her.

 

Tiffany and I made our way into her home. She lived alone because her family lives in America. She had come to Korea herself to further her studies. Tiffany is majoring in medicine. Jessica is majoring to become a pediatrician. Since the two of them are in the same campus they are very close with each other. I'm majoring in art.

 

"Yul make yourself at home. I'll cook us something to eat" She told me. I smiled, but then I remembered her cooking.

 

"NO!!!!" I screamed to stop her.

 

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and looked at me weirdly.

 

"No what?" She asked.

 

"Fany let me cook!" I was practically begging. I just got out of the hospital, I don't want to go back so soon.

 

"Yah! Kwon Yuri is my cooking that bad?" She complained and pouted.

 

"Have you tasted your cooking????"

 

"Hmph"

 

"Can you please help put my stufff for me?" I asked.

 

"Fine" Tiffany took my bags upstairs and put them in her guest room. Meanwhile I was downstairs and I started making our dinner. Since Tiffany did not have much ingredients I decided to just make pasta for the two of us. 

 

"Yul what are you cooking?" Tiffany walked into the kitchen and asked me.

 

"Pasta" I replied.

 

"Oh yum!! Do you want help?"

 

"NO!!!! I.. I mean I'm almost done. You should just go and watch some television. I'll call you when I'm finished okay."

 

"Fine" Tiffany walked to her living room and the tv.

 

I finished cooking in about 10 minutes.

 

"Fany-Ah.. lets eat!"

 

"Okay Yul. Just bring them to the living room. I have a table for us"

 

"I took the two plates of pasta and brought outside to the living room for the two of us to eat."

 

The two of us started eating in silence. The only sounds were from the television. 

 

"Fany-Ah" I called out.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Can you tell me about Jessica's cousin, Yoona? How come they seemed so close, but I've never met her?" I asked Tiffany. Right after I finished my question, I noticed Tiffany's expressions changed. She avoided eye contact with me and focused on her food.

 

They must be hiding something from me.

 

"Yuri-Yah.. that's not for me to tell. I'm sorry"

 

"I-It's okay. Don't worry about it."

 

The rest of the dinner was quiet. When we finished I took the plates and put them in the sink to wash, while Tiffany went upstairs to take a shower.

 

Why won't anyone tell me about this Yoona girl? What are they hiding from me? Why does that name give me goosebumps and makes my heart hurt?

 

I sighed and just continued washing the dishes. When I finished I walked upstairs to take a shower, Tiffany already took hers and was getting ready to sleep.

 

"Yul. Wake up at around 7 okay. Jessi will come by and drive us to university. You've already missed the first week of the first semester because you were in the hospital" Tiffany told me. I had gotten into a car accident in the last week of our vacation.

 

"Okay Fany"

 

I took my shower and changed into my night clothes. When I dried my hair I walked into the guest room and looked around. The room was pink, as expected of Tiffany the pink lover. I wouldn't have minded as much if it were just the walls, but no,, the ENTIRE room was pink. The floor, the walls, the bed, the pillows, the closet.

 

"Oh geez Fany" I shook my head and crawled into the pink bed.

 

I stared at the pink ceiling. There wasn't much on my mind, but I kept feeling heavy everytime I thought about this Yoona girl.

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

~~

 

"Hi I'm Kwon Yuri" 6 year old Yuri introduced herself to 5 year old Yoona.

 

"I know.. you play with Sica Unnie a lot" Yoona smiled.

 

"Would you like to be my friend?" Yuri asked shyly.

 

"Of course Unnie"

 

~~

 

Yuri was busy doing her math homework so she did not notice someone coming up from behind her.

 

"Whatcha doin Unnie?" Yoona asked while giving Yuri a back hug.

 

"KYAAAA!!! YAH!!!" Yuri turned around and hit Yoona on the forehead.

 

"Sorry Unnie" Yoona grinned and kissed Yuri's cheek. The doe eyed girl has habored a crush on Yuri for so long, but she thinks Yuri doesn't love her the same way. No matter how many signs she gives her Yuri always seems to only think of her as a friend.

 

"Unnie... i have something to tell you" Yoona said.

 

"What is it?" Yuri asked.

 

"I'm going to be in America for the rest of high school." Yoona murmured, but the black pearl heard it. Yuri's eyes widened and tears were threatening to come out.

 

"W-Why?" Yuri managed to asked.

 

"I was given a chance to study there for 2 years. I'll come back for my senior year in high school. The principal said I really should do this."

 

"You don't want to be with me anymore?" Yuri asked sadly.

 

"Of course not!" Yoona shouted and pulled her best friend into a strong embrace. 

 

"Then why? When you finally come back I'll already be in college"

 

"Because I know which college you're applying for next year. I don't have enough money to pay for intuition right now, but they might give me some scholarship if I do this. I don't want to accept money from people for my intuition."

 

"You'll miss me right?" Yuri asked.

 

"Of course I'll miss my Yul"

 

~~

 

"Yuri-Yah!! You're late" Jessica and Tiffany yelled at me while I was running.

 

"Yah!! Not my fault you two are all the way in the medial campus. Don't you know how far it is from art??" I screamed at them.

 

"Psh.. Sooyoung was on time and she's majoring all the way in drama. Seohyun is majoring in law and she made it!" Jessica argued.

 

"Alright alright.. I'm sorry" I apologized.

 

We were all getting ready to get lunch, I was so occupied with arguing with the two americans that I didn't realize there was someone new with us. She was quiet, but very beautiful and had long brown hair. She was laughing with opened, like an alligator, when she saw me arguing with Jessica and Tiffany and she had the most beautiful doe eyes.

 

"Who are you?" I asked. My heart was beating very quickly and I was sweating for some reason. The girl looked hurt that I didn't remember her.

 

"Really Yul??? You two have been friends since you were kids!! I mean I know she's a year younger than us so we graduated before her but COME ON!!" Jessica yelled and hit my head.

 

"It's okay Sica Unnie. I mean I haven't seen Yul in quite a while after all. I was in America for much of high school after all. Yuri Unnie and I haven't seen each other since my freshmen year in high school" The girl tried to calm down Sica, but I could tell she felt hurt. I don't know why but I felt guilty seeing this girl's hurt expressions.

 

I thought long and hard, then I finally realized who it was. I cried and ran to my best friend.

 

"I guess you remember me now Yul?" She smiled.

 

"Of course I remember you. You're finally back in America?"

 

"Yup. I'll be starting school here soon."

 

"I missed you so much Yul"

 

"I missed you too Yo-"

 

~~

 

"YURI!!!! WAKE UP" I heard Tiffany yell and I quickly sat up on the bed. I checked the time and realized it was already 6:30am. 

 

"I'm up Fany!" I screamed. 

 

"Okay! I'll get us breakfast! Go clean up" She instructed me.

 

I heard her walk down the stairs to the kitchen. I was alone in the pink room, trying to recall my dream. My heart was beating so much because of my dream.

 

Who was that girl?

 

I checked the time and remembered that I had to be early. I shrugged off the thoughts of the doe eyed girl and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and quickly changed into my clothes. When I walked downstairs I saw that Tiffany had already prepared our breakfast. 

 

"Good Morning Fany" I smiled.

 

"Good Morning Yul. Lets eat. You know Jessi doesn't like waiting for people" Tiffany reminded me.

 

"Of course I know that Fany. Since we're on the topic of Sica.. are you ever going to confess to her?" I asked. She blushed and looked down.

 

"I want to, but what if she rejects me?" Tiffany asked me.

 

"Well it's worth a try don't you think? If I ever fell for someone I would confess" I replied. As soon as I said that Tiffany had a pitiful look on her face and went back to eating.

 

There she goes again. Why do they all look at me like that?

 

We finished our food and waited outside for Jessica to drive us. In about 2 minutes we saw Jessica's car.

 

"Good morning Jessi" Tiffany said.

 

"Morning Yul, Tiff" She replied short.

 

Tiffany sat in the front seat, next to Jessica while I sat in the back next to Seohyun.

 

"Good Morning Seobaby" I greeted

 

"Good Morning Yuri Unnie" She replied.

 

"Morning Yul Unnie" I suddenly hear a voice in my head. My heart felt so heavy when I heard that voice. She sounded like the girl in my dream. 

 

The four of us got to the university and we walked to our classes. 

 

"Class, lets all congratulate Ms.Kwon for getting dispatched from the hospital" The professor said. Everyone clapped for me, but I noticed everyone in class had the same pitiful look that Tiffany keeps giving me. 

 

What is wrong with everyone?

 

I shrugged off the feeling and sat on my usual seat.

 

"Okay class. I want you all to paint something you're feeling right now" The professor instructed us. 

 

I took out my paint and stared at my blank canvas. Looking around the room I noticed every seat was filled, except the one across from me. For some reason seeing that seat empty made me feel pain. Like I was missing something or I have forgotten something. I tried hard to remember what is it that I forgot, but if I tried I would just feel pain. 

 

~~

 

From: Im Choding:

"Yul Unnie.. what are you painting?"

 

I recieved a text from the cutest girl in the world. She was sitting across from me. Right now the two of us were in class and we were suppose to be painting fruit, but I didn't care. 

 

To: Im Choding:

"Apples. You?"

 

I quickly typed on my iphone and waited for her to recieve my text.

 

From: Im Choding:

"Strawberries... this makes me hungry *pout* :'( "

 

I chuckled seeing such a cute reply. Gosh this shikshin.

 

To: Im Choding:

"OMG You are such a shikshin!! :P"

 

I checked to see if the professor was looking at us, luckily he wasn't. However I felt bad disrespecting him like this so I decided to put my phone away. Just as I was about to get back to painting I felt my phone vibrate.

 

From: Im Choding:

"Yup I'm a shikshin alright. Which is why you love me you kkab"

 

I smiled.

 

I love you alright. I am going to confess to you one day, Im Yoo-

 

~~

 

"Ms. Kwon? Are you alright? Why haven't you painted anything?" The professor asked me. I stared at my empty board. I couldn't think of anything at all right now. I couldn't find my inspiration at all. My hands were shaking from holding the brush and I felt tears coming up.

 

"Ms. Kwon? Are you okay?" The professor asked me again.

 

"I can't do anything... I can't paint." I looked down as tears started building up.

 

Why does it hurt so much? 

 

"Ms. Kwon are you feeling pain? Do you want to go to the infirmary?" My professor asks me, the rest of the class was staring at me, all worried.

 

"Sir. Why is it that my heart hurts so much? I feel like I'm being stabbed" I replied while tears were flowing from my face.

 

"Yuri!!" I turned around and saw Jessica and Tiffany. One of my classmates, Hara who is a good friend of Jessica, must have texted her.

 

"Sica... Fany.. I can't paint. I can't do anything!! What is wrong with me??" I screamed and cried.

 

"Sir can we please take Yuri outside?" Tiffany asks. The professor nods and my friends take me outside.

 

"Fany-Ah.. Sica-Yah, I don't get it. Why am I hurting so much? Why can't I paint anything?"

 

"We don't know Yul" Tiffany responds.

 

"I keep having random thoughts in my head Fany. Of this girl. Why do I miss her so much even though I don't know her?" I cried even harder.

 

"Yuri you should go home for the day. Jessi can you drive us?" Tiffany asks Jessica, who simply nods.

 

We left school early, since I technically have a medical excuse. The two of them walked me to my room. I lay down on the bed and try to sleep.

 

~~

 

Jessica and Tiffany were outside of Yuri's room. The two of them were worried for their poor friend.

 

"Jessi.. I'm so worried about Yuri. She keeps having thoughts about Yoona"

 

"Shh... she might hear you. Lets go downstairs" Jessica suggested.

 

The two of them sat in Tiffany's sofa in the living room.

 

"Jessi.. I'm worried."

 

"Me too. She doesn't remember my cousin, but her brain is trying to."

 

"Do you think it is a good thing?" Tiffany asked.

 

"I really don't know anymore. If Yuri remembers Yoona then she'll be hurt, but if she doesn't I feel terrible. She's left in the dark and my poor cousin is forgotten." Jessica sighed and cried.

 

"Jessi.. please don't cry" Tiffany hugs her best friend and crush.

 

"I miss Yoona so much" Jessica cries even harder.

 

"We all do"

 

The two became silent.

 

"Jessi"

 

"Yes?" Jessica replied, but was choked from her tears.

 

"I know this is a terrible time, but I just want you ro know that I will never leave you. I will stay by your side forever and you can always come to me if you want to talk. I will always have time for you. Because... I love you." Tiffany confessed.

 

"I love you too Tiff" Jessica manages to smile.

 

"No not that way Jessi. I really mean I love you. More than a friend" Tiffany explains, leaving Jessica shocked.

 

Jessica hugs her best friend and kisses her on the lips. Tiffany stood still from shock. After a while Tiffany responded to the kiss.

 

"I love you that way too Tiffany Hwang" Jessica said, out of breath.

 

"I promise I will never leave you" Tiffany vowed.

 

The two continued to kiss, but they did not realize that someone had overheard their entire conversation.


~~

 

Jessica and Tiffany had left for school the next day. Yuri was taking a day off and it was time for her check up. The black pearl hauled a taxi and it drove her to the hospital. 

 

The whole car ride Yuri kept thinking about the conversation she had overheard yesterday.

 

Who is Yoona to me?

 

Yuri closed her eyes and exhaled deeply. When she got to the hospital she talked to the doctor.

 

"Doctor Park. Lately I've been having strange memories of this girl. I don't know why. I think she is someone I knew before, but I seem to have forgotten." 

 

"I think it's because after the accident your brain blocked off memories of things that makes your hurt."

 

"So.. this girl might have hurt me?"

 

"Most likely."

 

"I see.. well thank you"

 

Yuri took a taxi and drove to her home. She hasn't been home at all since her accident. As soon as she walked in she noticed the room was covered with dust. Yuri walked upstairs to her art room and saw many of her artworks all covered.

 

Yuri pulled off the cover on one of them and was shocked to see a portrait of the girl that keeps appearing in her dreams.

 

What is this? Yuri felt her heart beating again. She walked to her desk and noticed it was scattered with papers and letters. One of the letters had a picture of Yuri and Yoona.

 

Merry Christmas Yul,

To the girl I love the most. I am sorry I couldn't spend Christmas with you Yuri. I had an art show that I had to attend. I will make it up for you. See you on the 27th.

 

~YoonYul Forever~

 

~~

 

"Merry (Late) Christmas Yul" Yoona said to Yuri and kissed her best friend and girlfriend on the cheeks. The action made the older girl blush and shy.

 

"Hmph... no one says that on the 27th of December Yoong" Yuri sighed.

 

"I'm sowwie!!" Yoong pouted and kissed Yuri's cheek again.

 

"Open your present!" Yoona said excitedly, the black pearl chuckled at how cute the younger girl was.

 

Yuri opened her present and saw it was a Mickey Mouse in a santa suit. The stuffed doll was holding a giant card and had a necklace wrapped around its neck.

 

Merry Christmas my one and only Yul Unnie. You are the person I cherish the most in the world. I can't believe we've been friends for so many years. I'll always be with you. I love you so much.

 

Yuri felt tears building up. She hugged the younger girl.

 

"Yul I'm so glad you're mine"

 

"Me too"

 

Yoona leaned forward and kissed Yuri passionately on the lips. The older girl wrapped her arms around the younger girl's neck to deepen the kiss.

 

"B-Bedroom.. Yoong" Yuri said in between the kiss.

 

Yoona nodded and, without breaking the kiss, lifted Yuri up and the two walked into the bedroom.

 

"I love you Kwon Yuri"

 

"I love you too... Im Yoona"

 

~~

 

Yuri stared at the picture and tears began to flow. She finally remembered everything.

 

"Y-Yoong.." Yuri found it hard to breathe.

 

How could this happen? What have I done wrong?? Why did that have to happen to Yoona???

 

Yuri fell to the floor and covered her face as she continued to sob.

 

"Yuri!!" "Yul!!" "Yuri Unnie!" Yuri looked up and saw her friends Jessica, Tiffany and Seohyun in front of her door. Tiffany ran to comfort the black pearl.

 

Yuri cried on Tiffany's shoulder.

 

"How could this happen Fany? What have I or Yoona done wrong? Why did she have to die??? A-And how could I have forgotten about her? About us? I'm so horrible." Yuri asked all these questions that she knew would be left unanswered. 

 

Tiffany gently the younger girl's hair while Jessica and Seohyun hugged her too. All four of them started crying.

 

"I bet Yoona hates me now. I forgot about her."

 

"Yoona would never blame you Yul" Jessica said.

 

"Why didn't she tell me about it Sica? I would have understood her. I would have supported her. The last time we saw each other was through a break up. I don't get it." Yuri continued to sob.

 

"Unnie.. Yoona Unnie hid it from you because she knew you would support her. She didn't want you to hurt. So please don't cry" Seohyun said.

 

"What am I suppose to do now?"

 

"We don't know Yuri." Tiffany sighed and hugged her friend. The least she can do is show her friend support.

 

6 Months Later

 

"Yuri are you nervous?" Sooyoung asked the black pearl.

 

"Of course I am! This is my first art show and I might not win first place" Yuri replied.

 

"Don't stress it Yul. You'll do fine. We have to go upstairs now. We can't be here. Lets go guys" Jessica said.

 

Jessica held the hand of her girlfriend, Tiffany and they all walked upstairs. 

 

Yoong.. are you watching over me? I want you to know I still miss you a lot, every second of every day, but I know you wouldn't want me to be sad. I'll smile for you.

 

It was Yuri's turn to showcase her art piece. The black pearl pulled the covers down and revealed a beautiful painting of an angel.

 

"I made this dedicated to someone very special to me"

 

~~

 

"Congratulations Yul!!" Her friends all cheered.

 

"Congrats what? I got second" The black pearl pouted.

 

"Lets still go celebrate! To a buffet!" Sooyoung cheered.

 

"Yah!! Admit it you shikshin giant you just want to eat" Taeyeon shouted.

 

"Keke so what?" Sooyoung stuck her tongue at the oldest girl.

 

"Okay lets go" Yuri smiled.

 

Everyone else were ahead of the group expect Seohyun and Yuri.

 

"Unnie do you remember these?" Seohyun asked and handed Yuri a ring and letter.

 

Yuri's eyes widened and she gasped.

 

"These were found in your car after your crash. I've been holding onto it." The youngest girl said.

 

"Thank you Seobaby" Yuri smiled and patted her dongsaeng's head.

 

The gang all ate and then made their way home.

 

Yuri opened the door to her house and walked up to her room. She looked at all the things that reminded her of Yoona. The black pearl took the letter out to read it, she began to cry.

 

Dear My One and Only Love Yul,

By the time you read this I probably won't be here anymore. I told Seohyun to give this to you when I might not make it. The first thing I want to say is, I'm Sorry. I know these past months I've hurt you a lot. I'm sorry I lied to you and I hope you forgive me. I know I've done many things to hurt you, but I want you to promise me that you will be happy. Please always smile and live your life. Even if I can't be here for you anymore I want you to know that I have always loved you. When you first talked to me I was so happy. I've liked you for so long. When I had to go to America it was so painful not being able to see you everyday, but just the thought of you smiling brightened my day. When I confessed to you and you said Yes, that was the best day of my life. I love and miss you so much Yuri. I'll always watch over you, so if you ever feel sad, just look at the sky because I am watching over you. Be Happy Yuri.

P.S- I will wait for you when I go up there. So for now just be happy and move on. I love you so much. I always have and I always will.

Your Im Choding, YoonA

 

Yuri finished reading the letter and sobbed quietly, but she managed to smile.

 

"I promise Yoong... I'll always be happy for you. And I love you too" Yuri smiled and looked at the stars.

 

"Good night Yoong"

 

~~

 

"So then Sica accidentally called Hara cute! You should've seen how angry Fany looked. She ignored Sica for the rest of the day!" Yuri laughed.

 

The black pearl was sitting in front of Yoona's grave. She looked at Yoona's beautiful picture and smiled. The girl had brought her ex-lover flowers.

 

"I really miss you Yoong. But I promise you that I'll be happy. Yoong I'm still wearing the ring." Yuri said.

 

"Even though you're not here I can still feel your presence. I made a painting of the two of us!" Yuri took out a painting and put it in front of Yoona's grave. The painting was of the two of them smiling together.

 

"You were always more talented than me, but I've improved Yoong. I recently got 2nd place!" Yuri grinned, she was proud of herself.

 

"Yul! You ready to leave?" Sooyoung screamed. 

 

"Okay Soo!" Yuri shouted.

 

She looked at Yoona's grave one last time.

 

"I love you Yoong. Although our story right now does not really have a happy ending, I know we will be together again someday. Because like you always said.."

 

"YoonYul Forever"

 

The End

Sorry for all the people thinking the sequel will be Yoona alive, but I didn't really feel like writing an alternate ending. But don't be sad! YoonYul is forever <33