Broken

Broken

"Let's break up" Im Yoona said to her girlfriend, well ex- girlfriend, Kwon Yuri coldly. The two were in the middle of an ally.

 

Yuri stared at her girlfriend with a confused and hurt expression. She was so confused. What has she done wrong? They were perfect together. Everyone thought so.

 

"S- Stop joking Yoong. This isn't funny" Yuri gave a small chuckle, hoping it was just one of Yoona's sick jokes. But when she looked at the younger's face. She could tell she was serious.

 

"I'm sorry Yul. We can't be together."

 

"W- Why" Yuri stuttered, trying hard to not cry although the tears were threatening to come out. Her eyes were already red.

 

"I.. don't love you anymore. It's unfair for you to be dating someone like me. Someone that cheated on you" Yoona said while looking down on the ground. She couldn't bear to look at Yuri right now. The black pearl stared at Yoona, hurt at what she just heard. She couldn't believe what she just heard the doe eyed girl say. She never thought Yoona would cheat on her.

 

"You.. cheated on me?" Yuri asked, trying hard to not slap the younger girl.

 

"Yes. With Seohyun" Yoona replied, still looking down on the ground. That was the last straw. Yuri let her emotions do the talking, she slapped Yoona across the face, HARD.

 

"WHY??? HOW COULD YOU??? Am I not good enough for you???" Yuri asked, infuriated.

 

"I don't deserve you. I'm sorry for hurting you. Good bye" Yoona said really quickly, bowed and ran away. Leaving Yuri by herself crying. Their friends Jessica and Tiffany saw this and ran to comfort the black pearl.

 

"Sica- Yah.. Fany- Ah.. Yoong.. just dumped me. She dumped me for Seohyun!" Yuri said in between her sobs. Tiffany was holding the younger girl tightly, while Jessica was looking concerned. She looked behind her and noticed Yoona hiding behind the corner watching them. After a while the youngest girl got tired of sobbing and fell asleep in Tiffany's arm. The ice princess felt a vibration in her pocket, checked her phone and noticed a text from Yoona.

 

From: Annoying Im Choding

Sica Unnie. Please take care of Yul for me. Whatever happens I know you will be there for her. And good luck to you and Tiffany Unnie. Bye

- Yoong

 

Yoona sent the text and gave one last look at Yuri before slowly walking away.

 

"I'm sorry Yul. I'd rather you hate me than continue loving me"

 

~~

 

Yuri woke up in her and Yoona's apartment. She noticed all of Yoona's stuff had been taken away. She prayed it was just a bad dream, but she knew Yoona had really left her.

 

Why... Why did you do this to me Yoong? I thought you loved me.

 

Yuri stopped her train of thought when she heard a knock on the door. Tiffany and Jessica walked into the younger girl's room to check up on her.

 

"Are you feeling better Yuri?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Uhm.. Yeah.. Thanks" Yuri weakly replied.

 

"Let's go to the mall. Sunny and Taeyeon are waiting for us. You don't have to go if you don't want to though." Jessica said.

 

"No.. I'll go." Yuri said and got off her bed. The three of them got into Jessica's car and drove to the mall. Their short friends were waiting for them. Throughout the entire car ride Yuri stared outside the window. When the car parked the three got out and met up with their friends.

 

The five of them went window shopping. Tiffany shopped the most and was about to max out her credit card until Jessica stopped her by confiscating the pink lover's credit card. After about an hour and a half the five went to the food court and sat down. Yuri watched the others eat, while she ate nothing. She wasn't feeling the mood to eat at all. Suddenly she saw 2 figures sit across from them. Yuri found it hard to breathe and a pain in her chest, like someone was stabbing her. From across their table she saw her friend Seohyun feeding her ex girlfriend, Yoona.

 

Yuri walked over to that table without saying a word, alarming her friends.

 

"Say Ahh.." Seohyun said while she was trying to feed some goguma to Yoona.

 

Yoona opened and ate the food. The two continued what they were doing until they noticed someone in front of them.

 

"Y- Yuri" Yoona said quietly.

 

"So... you two.. really are together" Yuri said. She was trying hard to not cry in front of Yoona.

 

"Yuri Unnie.. we're.."

 

"It's okay Seohyun.... I hope you two have a good life" Yuri said and ran out of the food court. Tiffany, Sunny and Taeyeon followed shortly. Jessica walked to Yoona and stared at her intensely.

 

"Yoona" Jessica said harshly.

 

"Yes Unnie?" Yoona replied without looking at Jessica.

 

"Come to my house tonight. I want you to REALLY explain why you're doing this. I know you love Yuri. You've been crushing on her since the 4th grade. You confessed to her. You used to keep me up until 3 in the morning complaining about how much you love her and how oblivious she is. No way you would just have a change of heart like this. You better come to my house tonight.. or I swear... you're no longer my cousin." Jessica said before running after her friends who went to chase Yuri.

 

Seohyun and Yoona were sitting at their table and neither of them talked. Seohyun awkwardly stared at Yoona and decided to break the silence.

 

"Unnie.. don't you think that it's time to tell Yuri Unnie what is really going on? I'm sure she would understand and support you" Seohyun said.

 

"Seohyun. I know Yul would. But that's exactly the problem. I rather Yul hate me, than live loving me and in pain." Yoona replied.

 

Seohyun just nodded her head and was ready to leave.

 

"Unnie. I will support you."

 

"Thank you Seo.. you're a great friend"

 

~~

 

Yuri ran away from Yoona and Seohyun. The scene was just too painful for her to bear. She didn't stop running even after hearing the cries from her friends. She stopped when she felt Sunny tackle her.

 

"Yah. Kwon Yuri. Stop!" Sunny screamed at the younger girl.

 

"Get off me Sunny!" Yuri yelled.

 

Sunny got off Yuri and pulled her up. The others finally caught up with Yuri.

 

"Why did she have to do this to me? I thought she loved me" Yuri muttered. She buried her face into her hands while she cried. Taeyeon and Sunny hugged the black pearl.

 

Tiffany and Jessica volunteered to drive Yuri home.

 

When Yuri got home she took a quick shower. The two americans had insisted on staying with her but she wanted to be alone. When she finished taking her shower she walked to her room and sat on the bed. She never knew loving someone could hurt so much.

 

Yuri walked to the closet and took out a photo album. Inside were hundreds of pictures of her friends, family, and most importantly, pictures of Yoona and her together. Yuri took out a disk and put it into her dvd player. It was a video of her and Yoona's vacation in hawaii together.

 

Flashback

 

"Hey baby. Want to have a party with me and my friends?" A guy asked the y tanned beauty while they were at the beach.

 

"No thank you" Yuri replied uninterested.

 

"Aww come on... it'll be fun. What you got a boyfriend?"

 

"Not a boyfriend. A GIRLfriend. So F**K off *sshole"

 

"Hey that's not nice..." The guy grabbed Yuri's wrist

 

"Yoong! where are you?" Yuri screamed. She was looking around the beach for her girlfriend to save her. Suddenly she felt a a person wrap their arms around her waist.

 

"AHHH!!!" Yuri screamed

 

"Looking for me?" Yoona whispered into Yuri's ears. Yuri relaxed when she heard the voice of the person she's been looking for.

 

"So dude.. uh yeah.. she's mine. So leave her alone. Also if you attack me I will be forced to fight back. I'm not kidding. I have a black belt." Yoona glared at the guy. Normally she's very kind and friendly to everyone, but when she's pissed.. let's say she learned from her cousin, Jessica, how to freeze people with an icy glare.

 

The man left the two and walked back to his friends, feeling defeated.

 

"Yah! Im Yoona! Were you trying to give me a heart attack??? Leaving someone as y as me alone in a beach full of lonely erts" Yuri yelled and hit Yoona.

 

"Sorry Yul!" Yoona gave her angry girlfriend a peck on the cheek. "Better?" Yoona smiled, melting the heart of her girlfriend.

 

"Hmph" Yuri pouted.

 

"Okay. How about this" Yoona leaned forward and pressed her lips against Yuri's. It wasn't any long or passionate kiss, but they could feel each other's love.

 

"Was that better?" Yoona asked as she pressed her forehead against Yuri's. Yuri giggled and pecked Yoona's lip. "You tell me"

 

The two stopped their cheesy back and forth kissing when they noticed a couple of teenaged guys staring at them.

 

"Let's go back to our hotel to finish this." Yoona said.

 

"Why? on the beach sounds so hot" Yuri huskily whispered into Yoona's ear while biting it.

 

Yoona turned bright red, almost like a tomato.

 

"I don't want anyone else to see your body" Yoona muttered.

 

"Awww.... okay. Don't worry. Only you'll get to see. No one else. I don't mind showing your everything. In return you promise me you'll only show your body to me"

 

"Heh.. of course. I love you Yul"

 

"I love you too Yoong"

 

The two walked back to their hotel room and continued where they left off. Luckily the rooms were all sound proof, otherwise their screams and moans would've been heard probably all the way in New York. The next day Yuri had trouble walking. Yoona may appear all cute and innocent, but when it came to Yuri and their love making session.. she was definitely not gentle.

 

End of Flashback

 

The video of the two playing on the beach ended. The tears were dripping down Yuri's face like a faucet. She looked at the couple ring that Yoona bought for her on their 2nd anniversary,

 

"Yoong... I love you"

 

~~

 

Jessica was sitting on her sofa at 9pm waiting for her cousin. When she heard the doorbell ring she opened the door and saw Yoona standing outside her door.

 

"Finally you show up" Jessica said.

 

"Sorry Unnie. Traffic."

 

"Well.. come inside"

 

Yoona bowed and took off her shoes. The two cousins sat on Jessica's sofa. Jessica stared at Yoona. She's known her lovable younger cousin all her life. She knows when she's hiding something.

 

"Spill it Yoong"

 

"Spill what?" Yoona asked,

 

"Why you lied to Yuri"

 

"..." Yoona sighed and got ready to speak.

 

"Unnie.. I.. I don't have much time left." Yoona said slowly, trying hard hold back her tears.

 

"What do you mean? What's wrong? Stop scaring me!" Jessica screamed.

 

"I.. I've.. been diagnosed with a heart disease Unnie!" Yoona said and started crying. Jessica stood still, shocked after hearing the news. She couldn't hold back her tears either. The older girl pulled her cousin into an embrace to comfort her. Both of them were scared. Yoona is like Jessica's little sister, she didn't want to lose her.

 

"Unnie.. what should I do? I really love Yuri. I want to be with her, but I can't do this to her. I can't make her suffer like this." Yoona buried her head in Jessica's chest while she continued to cry all the tears she had been keeping to herself.

 

"Yoong.. it's going to be okay" Jessica whispered while rubbing her cousin's back.

 

Yoona shook her head while continuing to sob "no it's not Unnie. The doctors said I have at most 3 months left to live"

 

Jessica couldn't think of anything else to say. She remained quiet.

 

"Unnie. Please promise me you won't tell Yuri." Yoona looked at her cousin.

 

Jessica sighed and nodded her head "I won't tell Yuri. I promise"

 

"Thank you Unnie. Can I.. stay here tonight? It's kinda late" Yoona shyly asked.

 

Jessica laughed and pat her cousin's head. Even though neither of them were kids now, they still act like they did when they young.

 

"Of course Yoong. Go upstairs and shower. I'll give you some of my clothes."

 

"Thanks Unnie" Yoona gave her cousin a peck on the cheeks and walked upstairs.

 

When Jessica heard the bathroom door close and the sound of running water. Jessica quickly took out her phone and texted Yoona's condition to the person she trusts most, Tiffany. Within seconds of the text Jessica received a call from Tiffany,

 

"JESSI!!!!!" Tiffany screamed.

 

"Yah! Fany I'm not deaf!" Jessica whispered harshly.

 

"Sorry.. Jessi.. is it.. true? Is Yoong really.. dying?" Tiffany asked. Her tone was sad.

 

"She told me the doctors said she doesn't have much time left." Jessica replied.

 

"We should tell Yuri" Tiffany whispered.

 

"No. I promised Yoong we wouldn't!" Jessica whispered.

 

"Well she's going to find out eventually!!" Tiffany retorted.

 

"Yoong is doing this for her. She doesn't want Yuri to hurt anymore!" Jessica responded.

 

The two just sighed.

 

"Let's.. just leave this to them. Hopefully Yoong will feel better. Anyway it's late. Good night Jessi"

 

"Night Tiff"

 

Jessica walked up to her room and threw her phone on the bed then laid down.

 

"Why did this have to happen to Yoona?"

 

~~

 

It's been 2 months. Everyone could see Yoona's body was slowly deteriorating. She has become less active. She has gotten quieter, weaker after each passing day she's been more solemn looking. Yoona rarely went out. She tried her best to avoid Yuri. Yoona had moved in with Jessica, well was coerced into living with Jessica. Tiffany and Jessica kept a close watch on Yoona. Making sure she was healthy. Seohyun would visit very often to do the same thing. The two americans knew that Yoona and Seohyun were not actually dating. They just seemed like close sisters.

 

Yuri had also changed. She became more quiet. Even when she went out with her friends, she was quiet.

 

Tiffany and Jessica were in the kitchen, preparing dinner while Yoona and Seohyun were in the living room watching television. Ever since what happened between Yoona and Yuri, their group of friends had all be affected.

 

"Jessi... we need to tell Yuri"

 

"Tiff we can't.. and you know why!"

 

"She deserves to know!"

 

"She'll find out eventually! You think she's the only one suffering?? I could lose my cousin!"

 

They stared at each other intensely. Tiffany sighed and hugged the older girl.

 

"I'm sorry Jessi"

 

"I'm sorry too. It's just.. these past weeks have been really stressful. We're just watching Yoona get sicker day by day. We can't even do anything"

 

"Don't worry Jessi. No matter what I will be here for you"

 

The two broke their hug when they heard a scream.

 

"YOONA UNNIE!!!" Seohyun yelled.

 

Tiffany and Jessica dropped whatever they were doing and ran to the living room. They saw Yoona on the floor. The young girl had fainted.

 

Jessica quickly ran to Yoona's side and hugged the younger girl. "Yoong! Yoong! Wake up. TIff help me carry Yoong! The ambulance will take forever. We're driving to the hospital!!" Jessica quickly carried Yoona on her back and brought her to her car. Tiffany sat next to Jessica while Seohyun was sitting next to Yoona.

 

"Yoong don't you dare die on me!" Jessica screamed. She didn't care if she wasn't obeying traffic laws. A ticket is worth driving 120mph.

 

When they got to the hospital, Yoona was quickly taken to ICU.

 

Tiffany called Taeyeon and Sunny to come down to the hospital. They were also aware of Yoona's condition. The 5 of them waited outside the ICU for hours.

 

The door opened revealing the doctor.

 

"How is my cousin??" Jessica asked frantically.

 

"We're doing the best we can right now, but.. please prepare for the worst." The doctor replied.

 

Jessica fell onto the floor crying. The others were trying hard to not cry too. Tiffany was hugging her blonde best friend.

 

"Tiff... I can't lose my cousin"

 

"They're doing the best they can. Yoong will be fine!" Even though Tiffany told Jessica that she too was doubting her own words.

 

Jessica walked to the staircase to make a call. She waited for the other line to pick up.

 

"Yoboseyo? Sica?" The voice asked.

 

"KWON YURI! Get your to soshi hospital this instant!" Jessica screamed.

 

"What?? Why??" Yuri responded.

 

"It's Yoona!! She's in the hospital!!"

 

"What?.. Wait.. why should I go? Seohyun's her girlfriend" Yuri tried her best to sound uncaring, but her heart was beating really fast. She was trying hard to not cry. What happened to Yoona?

 

"For god's sake woman! She lied to you!! She told you all that because she knew she didn't have much time left! She wanted you to move on so you wouldn't hurt. I promised her that I wasn't going to tell you, but I can't. You need to know. Now come here!!!" Jessica screamed and hung up.

 

On the other line. Yuri was still in shock. She quickly got her car keys and drove to the hospital.

 

"Yoona.. don't you dare die on me. You stupid idiot! Why didn't you just tell me the truth??" Yuri's tears were flowing.

 

"Please don't die.. I love you Yoona"

 

~~

 

Yoona was in the operating room. She couldn't hear anything, she couldn't feel anything. All she could see were doctors and nurses trying very hard to keep her alive. A lone tear was fell from her eye. All the memories that she shared with Yuri was coming back. When she used to crush on her, all the jealousy she felt, how happy she was when she confessed to Yuri and Yuri accepted her, when they went on their dates, their anniversaries, everything.

 

Yuri... I'm sorry. I really do love you. Thank you for everything. I'm.. so.. tired.

 

Yoona's eyes were becoming heavier.

 

"Sh*t! We're losing her!!" A doctor screamed.

 

"Ms. Im!! Hang on!" The nurse told Yoona.

 

Yoona found herself walking across a beautiful field of flowers. There was no one else there. Suddenly she sees a bridge. Across the bridge were her parents that died when she was a young age.

 

"Umma! Appa!" Yoona said excitedly. Her parents though were not happy to see her here.

 

"Yoona.. why are you here. Now? You're still young!" Mrs. Im asked Yoona.

 

"I have a heart problem." Yoona replied sadly.

 

"It's still very early for you. Don't you have people you'll miss?" Mr. Im asked his daughter.

 

"Of course I do. But.. I know this is the end of me. I can't fight anymore." Yoona said.

 

Yoona crossed the bridge and walked to her parents. She looked behind her and gave a faint smile.

 

Yuri.. please continue to be happy. I'll wait for you. Until it's your turn to be here.

 

Good Bye. You will forever be my first and only love.

 

Saranghae.

 

~~

 

Yuri parked her car and ran into the building. When she got to the stairs she saw Seohyun coming downstairs. She was about to walk past her, but Seohyun grabbed her arm.

 

"Wait Unnie" Seohyun said.

 

"...."

 

"This.. is for you" Seohyun said. She handed Yuri a letter in an envelope and a ring. It was the couple ring she and Yoona shared.

 

"Yoona Unnie.. really did love you. She never stopped. I'm sorry for lying to you. You never once left her mind these past few weeks." Seohyun finished talking and left the building. Yuri ran up the stairs and saw her friends there waiting for her.

 

"How is she??" Yuri asked.

 

"She.. might not make it" Taeyeon said in between her sobs.

 

Yuri felt her whole world turn black. She couldn't control her tears. Tiffany and Jessica hugged her. All three of them were sobbing.

 

The door to the operating room opened. The doctor walked out with a sad expression.

 

"Who here is the family of Im Yoona?"

 

" I am! How is my cousin??" Jessica impatiently screamed.

 

"We're sorry.. we did all we could. We're truly sorry" The doctor said and walked away. Everyone was now crying uncontrollably. Tiffany was holding onto Jessica who was hysterical, losing her cousin.

 

Yuri felt like her entire world had just been shattered. She hoped this had just been a bad dream. And that she will wake up to Yoona's embrace. But she knew this was reality. She saw on the operating table, Yoona's lifeless body. The pain of losing Yoona was too unbearable.

 

Yuri took all her stuff and ran to her car. She drove away as a law breaking speed. She was so lost in her thought that she didn't notice an incoming car. She saw the headlights and froze. Within seconds everything had become black.

 

~~

 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

 

Yuri woke up in the hospital and saw wires connected to her.

 

What.. happened? Yuri thought.

 

"Yuri! You're awake!. Thank god!" Tiffany screamed and woke up the others.

 

"Fany, Sica, Sunny, Tae.. what happened?" Yuri asked.

 

"You got into a car accident." Tiffany explained.

 

"What.. how?" Yuri was very confused.

 

Tiffany opened and was able to speak, but stopped when she saw the door of the room open, revealing Jessica's sister, Krystal.

 

"Krys.. why are you here??" Jessica asked, but she had a pretty good idea why.

 

"Unnie!" Krystal ran to Jessica crying. "Is.. is it true?? Yoona Unnie is dead!! I heard from mom and dad."Krystal said in between her sobs.

 

Jessica embraced her younger sister and nodded. "She is" Jessica whispered. A tear fell from Jessica's face.

 

"Yoona? Who is that? Is that a family member of yours Sica?" Yuri asked.

 

The entire room stared at Yuri, shocked by what she just said.

 

"Yuri.. you.. don't remember Yoona?" Sunny asked.

 

"No. Why? Have I met her before?"

 

Jessica stared at Yuri.

 

How could this happen?

 

TBC (maybe)

So should I write a sequel?