For themissb2uty: Kikwang Oneshot

1stRateDreamer's Curious Shop of Oneshots (Open and Hiring!)

tumblr_meir3uzR6N1rq0dcro1_1280.jpg

 

Username : themissb2uty
Person Requested : Kikwang (Beast) and Yoseob (Beast; makes cameo)
Plot : when he meets you for the first time at a family gathering
OC: Park Maeri 20 Years Old - shy, independent, sings, and composes


Ah, so boring... Kikwang silently whined to himself while he poured some fruit punch into a cup. Nothing eventful ever happens at these reunions. Why do we even hold them every year? Aren't reunions supposed to be every five years or something like that? His eyes wandered over to where his parents were holding a conversation with one of his aunts and her husband. His parents had smiles plastered on their faces, but he could tell that they were trying their hardest not to seem annoyed. And why volunteer to see people that upset you? Honestly...

"Yah, Kikwang!"

The dancer turned his head to his left, spotting Yoseob who was happily dragging a rather pretty young woman with him. The woman looked extremely uncomfortable with what Yoseob was doing, and she seemed about ready to pass out. Kikwang gave a good-natured laugh and shook his head at his best friend.

"Yoseob, you shouldn't drag her like that."

The blonde tilted his head and looked back at the woman who now had a scowl on her previously embarrassed face. He released her hand and rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling sheepishly. "Sorry, Maeri-ah. I just really wanted you to meet Kikwang. Now," Yoseob gestured between the two adults, his cheerful grin popping up again. "Park Maeri, Lee Kikwang. Lee Kikwang, Park Maeri."

Maeri's cheeks turned a light pink, her flustered appearance returning. "It's nice to meet you, Kikwang-ssi."

"Nice to meet you, too, Maeri-ssi." Kikwang smiled softly in an attempt to make the woman more comfortable.

Well, as it was written, it was an attempt.

"So how's everything going this year? Have your relatives become any more tolerable?"

The twenty-two-year-old shook his head, rolling his eyes. "What do you think?"

"That bad, huh?" Yoseob glanced over at Kikwang's parents. "Well, I'm going to go say 'hi' to Mr. and Mrs. Lee. I haven't seen them in forever, and they look like they really need some cute comic relief."

"So modest, Oppa." Maeri commented sarcastically, surprising Kikwang slightly.

"Who said I was talking about me? Come on, Maeri-ah~ It's time to go meet the 'rents!"

With that, Yoseob dragged the poor woman away, practically skipping over to Kikwang's parents who were estatic to see the two young adults and leaving Kikwang all by himself. A pout found its way on the dancer's lips, dissatisfied that his best friend had left him alone, not even leaving the pretty Maeri to keep him company. No one said he couldn't follow them, though.

Kikwang hesitated when he saw his aunt start interrogating Yoseob about something, probably his education or the like. Then again, I don't really want to deal with her. He picked up the forgotten cup of fruit punch and took a sip, leaning against the table with one hand in the pocket of his dress pants. I'll just wait.

"Um, hey..."

"Huh?" The man snapped out of his thoughts and looked up from the ground to see Maeri smiling shyly up at him. "Oh, hey."

"Your aunt distracted Yoseob and your parents, and you looked kind of lonely by yourself, so I..." Maeri spoke quickly in one breath, nerves obviously getting the better of her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a second before continuing on. "So I came back to keep you company."

Kikwang's eyebrows shot up in surprise. She seemed so shy; wouldn't she want to stay with the person she was familiar with? He shrugged the unexpected behavior off, though. He wasn't alone or stuck with any troublesome relatives, so he wasn't going to complain.

"Thanks, Maeri-ssi. I appreciate it." He smiled.

"Oh, it's no problem."

An awkward silence passed between the two. Maeri fiddled with her fingers and shifted her weight from her left to right leg while Kikwang took another sip of his drink, wracking his brain for something to talk about, which was odd for him. He almost always had something to talk about, be it trivial or relatively important, but now, in the presence of this woman he had just met, he couldn't find anything to talk about. What was with him?

Kikwang decided it was the stress his family was putting on him. What else could it be?

"So you're in a group with Yoseob Oppa, right? You guys sing together with four others."

For the second time that day Maeri snapped him out of his thoughts. "Yeah. We're not big yet, but we perform at a lot of places."

"That's really cool!" The long-haired twenty-year-old exclaimed, a look of admiration in her eyes. "It must be a lot of fun performing all the time."

He smiled. "It really is. It can be hard and it gets tiring sometimes, but the feeling while you're on stage..." His eyes became warm, soft at the end of his sentence. "It makes it all worth it."

Maeri seemed to sadden a bit, but smiled nonetheless. "You're really lucky, Kikwang-ssi." The singer looked at her curiously, mumbling as he tried to figure out why she looked so sad.

"I guess I am--" 

"MAERI-AH!"

A blur of blonde hair collided with Maeri, nearly knocking her down in the process, and clung onto the poor woman. Maeri tried in vain to pry the boyish man off of her, but only succeeded in causing his grip to tighten. She sent a pleading look to Kikwang who quickly caught on and grabbed Yoseob's shoulders.

"Yoseob, what're you--"

"THE DRAGON AHJUMMA IS GONNA EAT ME!"

"Dragon ahjumma...?"

"You little fiend! Get back here so I can--"

"Dear, calm down--"

"--you and then I--"

"Dear! There are children present!"

"--as you slowly--"

"What did you do?" Maeri questioned, gazing warily at the furious woman fighting to get out of her husband's hold. "She's really angry." She glanced over at Kikwang to see his reaction, and was surprised to see him trying (and failing) to hold in his laughter. "You find this funny? Isn't she your aunt?"

"Doesn't mean," He let out a badly hidden chuckle. "That I like her."

"Maeri-ah, save me~!" Yoseob whined, burying his face in her shoulder.

"You're a grown man, Oppa!"

"But the dragon ahjumma is scary~!"

The brunette sighed, and patted her friend's back while catching Kikwang's gaze and giving him an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Kikwang-ssi, but I think we should go."

"Ah, but--"

"We'll see you around."

With that she turned and began to shuffle away with Yoseob, nearly tripping several times in the process, but otherwise managing well on her own. Kikwang stood there slightly dumbstruck. He was just having a nice conversation with her a few minutes ago, and already she was leaving. Don't just let her leave like that, you dummy. The dancer clenched his fist. At least go get her number.

"Maeri-ssi! Yah! Wait up!"

The pretty woman turned, Yoseob still clinging onto her, and waited for Kikwang to catch up, a curious look in her eyes. He easily caught up to her and held out a slip of paper, grinning and showing off his eye smile.

"It was fun talking to you, and I'd like to do it again sometime, so..." Maeri took the paper, glancing down at it to find some digits scrawled messily on the surface. "Um, yeah. Call me sometime."

A smile lit up her face a few seconds later, almost as if she didn't quite believe what was going on at first. She nodded her head the best she could with Yoseob holding onto her. "I will."

"Yah... ARE YOU TRYING TO ESCAPE? GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE--"

"Dear!"


Here it is! I really hope you enjoyed it! ^^ I'm scared that I let you down with this, though... OTL

Thanks for requesting and reading and I hope to see you again! :)