Different

Of Legend

 

“AAHH! OH MY GOD! SOMEONE HELP!” Was all Sehun heard coming out of the conference room. Immediately he recognized Hwangge’s voice screaming. Heart pounding in fear that something horrible happened he raced down the hall extending a hand for the doorknob far before he was close enough to reach it.

The cold brass of the doorknob came into contact with his hand and before he knew it the door was flung open and Hwanggeum running into his arms. “SEHUN KILL IT!” She screamed turning him so she was a couple feet outside the room.

“What’s going on?!” He said frantically looking all around the room.

“Sehun, there’s a rat! A RAT! In the corner! Kill it!” She screamed pointed and hiding behind him. Sehun breathed a sigh of relief that it was nothing more than merely rolled his eyes before searching for said ‘rat’.

Down on all fours Sehun scavenged the ground for the rodent. He couldn’t hear its little paw scampering around the room. She’s delusional. He thought to himself feeling around underneath the bed.

Cautiously (more like on the brink of wetting herself) Hwanggeum tiptoed around the room to watch Sehun capture the dreaded thing. Her head jerked in all different directions scared the rat would appear out of nowhere.  “You know I think the rat disappeared.” Sehun said sitting back legs crossed on the floor.

Hwanggeum jumped with both feet onto the bed. Knees bent she pointed into the corner this time without a scream. “There it is.” Her voice trembled, “Kill it!” She begged shaking Sehun from the head of the bed quietly so it wouldn’t run away again.

Sitting ever so patiently was something far from a rat. If anything it looked like small armadillo. Black fur-like hairs lay tattered on its back with a blonde patch of hair flattened across its head. The tail was long and beaver-like with a scaly upside and smooth like leather underside.

Sehun smiled at the little creature inching towards it. He noticed its slim nose and whiskers and could tell why Hwanggeum interoperated it as a rat. Stretching out an arm he laid his hand flat out on the ground. A couple sniffs and the small animal was crawling slowly towards Sehun’s hand. The closer it came, the more he realized its size. It was in fact the size of his hand, maybe even smaller.

“Now’s your chance!” Hwanggeum egged on from the bed, “Kill it!” Sehun scooped the small little critter with two hands and brought it close to his chest.

“I’m not going to kill it. Look it’s so cute!” Hwanggeum’s mouth hung open and she scrambled to her feet.

“Kill it now! That flea infested animal just ran freely around my room! I want it dead!” She hollered beating on Sehun’s arm. He covered the animal shielding it from Hwanggeum’s somewhat hurtful fists.

“Will you stop? Its no-AHH” Sehun yelled mid sentence opening his hands causing the animal fall to the ground. Hwanggeum screamed once again jumping back onto the bed where she was safe. “That little bit me.” Sehun cursed shaking his hand vigorously.

Hwanggeum folded her hands over the foot of her bed searching the floor for the rodent. “I told you we should kill it!” She nagged, hair falling in front of her face.

“Oh stop, you made it bite me!” Sehun said picking up the animal by the waist after setting eyes on it. He cradled it on its back with one hand while exiting Hwanggeum’s room. Hurriedly she followed after.

“Oh Sehun, if you don’t kill that pest right now I am not talking to you ever again.” She said walking backwards before him.

“Have fun with Kai.” He said simply before passing her.

Mouth left a gap, Hwanggeum stood in the middle of the narrow hallway. So, that’s how it’s going to be.

---

“It’s so cute!” Luhan squealed like a girl, “Can I hold it?” Sehun nodded passing the new pet over.

“Are you going to keep it?” Chanyeol’s deep voice intervened. Sehun didn’t bother look back. He was too busy admiring his new friend.

“I want to; Kyungsoo said I would have to be responsible for him.” Luhan’s eyes lit up at his words,

“Can I help? Are you going to name him? How do we know it’s a boy? It looks like a boy. Don’t you now? With your wittle face and stuff.” He lifted the small body up into the air examining it fully.

“I’m only allowed to keep him for a short while though. Suho’s rules.” Sehun’s eyes turned a little sadder.

For a long time several of the leaders talked with Sehun about his new pet. Asking him basic questions like where it is going to sleep, what’s it going to eat, etc. With the help of Luhan he answered all those questions. After a good couple of hours the lot of them split off into their own rooms until dinner was to come around.

All but Luhan that is. Luhan walked off to Jinhee’s room. He knocked politely three times on the door. “Jinhee are you in there?”  The door swung open on its own but Jinhee sat contently on her bed. How did - ? Luhan started to think but brushed off the event. “How are you?” He asked sitting on the edge of her bed.

“Good.” Was all Jinhee replied. The door glided closed behind Luhan. He heard the click and turned his head.

He pointed toward the door words of curiosity threatening to leave the seal of his lips. He turned back to face Jinhee who was in the midst of searching something on her laptop. “What are you doing?” Luhan asked tipping back her screen. ‘supernatural abnormalities’ was typed into the search engine. “What’s this?” He took the laptop and placed it into his own lap. Pictures of vampires, werewolves, faires were visible in all the tabs. He clicked a tab open reading the context.

‘Though many people would like to believe vampires, werewolves, wizards, anything that would be considered fantasy and myth is real, it is safe to say it’s not. But with the rare legend recently discovered in year 3850 by alchemist Louis Trender we have evidence that immortalized heads of intergalactic planets hold the ability to obtain supernatural gifts. There is another for-‘

Jinhee shut the laptop screen forward sending the machine into hibernation. “I was reading that.” Luhan pouted his bottom lip attempting to lift the screen once again, but Jinhee’s hand held it shut. She ripped the electronic from his fingertips and slid it under her bed. “Why are you researching that anyways?”

“Why do you have so many questions?” Jinhee retorted slightly annoyed. Luhan shrugged. Taking a deep breath in Jinhee replied, “I’ll tell you if you swear not to tell anyone.” Luhan nodded excitedly.

Jinhee puffed out her cheeks locking the door and taking her seat again. “Watch.” She said lifting her hand and looking across the room towards her bookshelf. Gently she raised her arm palm facing up and fingers stretched out like she was reaching for something. The thin white tips of her fingers closed into her palm and a book on her shelf started to rattle.

Luhan shot his eyes quickly between to bookshelf and Jinhee’s hand trying not to miss a thing. Jinhee pulled her arm in towards her and the book came flying out the bookshelf hurdling at top speed at her head. She ducked as fast as she could hear the air sprint past her eardrums. There was a solid thud from the book hitting the wall behind her.

Her head bobbed up and the books started tumbling from her bookcase unevenly shelf by shelf. “What the hell just happened?!” Luhan blurted out staring widely at Jinhee. She winced a smile on her face and shook her head.

“I honestly don’t know.”

“When did you find out you could do this!?” Luhan said looking horrified.

“I was just lying down on my bed and was acting lazy. So instead of actually getting off my and grabbing my laptop off the floor I reached for it without leaving the bed. It just started sliding across the ground; I didn’t know what was going on!” Luhan held his breathe not believing what was going on around him.

“You need to see Suho.” He brought up abruptly. “There’s something wrong.” Quickly, Luhan was on his feet and going for the door.

Jinhee raised her arm towards her desk, closed a fist and whipped her arm across her torso. Her desk went flying across the room. “You can’t do that.” She said creeping to the edge of her bed.

“Jinhee, this is bad. You don’t know what is going on we need to talk to someone about this. Are you the slightest bit worried that this dangerous in some way? You’re like a mutant.” Luhan refrained from barking his concerns at Jinhee. Her head hung low.

 “I know, and I’ll talk to Suho. I just want to do it myself. Can you pretend this never happened?”

“I can’t just leave you, knowing you are different.”

“Different?” Jinhee looked up at Luhan, “I don’t want to be different. All of a sudden I come to this planet with my cousin and everything about us is different. You probably think I’m some kind of accidental science experiment or something.”

Luhan stood silently staring through Jinhee’s face. “YOU THINK I’M SOME KIND OF ACCIDENTAL SCIENCE EXPERIMENT?!” She screamed at his silence pounding her fists into his biceps.

“I didn’t say that!” Luhan pushed Jinhee away rubbing his arm, “We know nothing about you! How am I supposed to know that you aren’t an alien?!”

Tears formed in the corners of Jinhee’s eyes. Luhan tilted his head, facial expression softening. “I’m going to help you. I promise.” He comforted patting Jinhee’s back. “You tell Suho, but right when you do tell me. We’re going to help you together.” Jinhee nodded falling back onto her pillow.

Salty tears randomly spilled over the edge of her eyelids as she bounced. Jinhee was quick to brush them away with the back of her hand.

Luhan carefully pushed the desk back to its original placing and set the papers and pencils back in order before exiting. 


*A/N: The story is finally getting intense *o* Comment and tell me what you think! I realized how much I missed writing this on my random hiatus.