Saturday; Hi!

168 Hours of Love

 

“I’m sorry honey. Your granduncle is sick. I have to go.” Your mom hugged you.

“Can I just follow you guys?” you suggest.

“I’m afraid not. You just arrived from a 10hours flight and yet you suggest to add another 20hours of flight.” Your mom raised her eyebrow.

“I’m sure you can take care of your own.” Your brother teased. You gave him a stare.

Your mom had to fly to UK because of your uncle. The best part is, your annoying brother followed too. Your dad? A workaholic. You rarely sees him locked his at home and now he’s currently somewhere in the world but you can’t even recall where he is now.

“We have to go now; our flight will be off in 4 more hours despite the heavy traffic.” Your mom pulled the luggage to the door.

You opened the door for them and bid them farewell. “Hey, buy me something good.” You waved. “If I’m willing to buy for you!” Your brother yelled from the car. Hearing him that, you almost made a swear finger to him, but you can’t. Hey, your mom is there.

‘Great, now I’m alone’, you thought. You make your move to the couch and the TV, ‘Okay, I’m too bored. I’ll just walk around the park then.’ You decide.

The grandfather clock on the living room showed, 15 minutes to 5. You changed to a lose tee and high-cut shorts. You lock the door behind you and went off to the park.

You can see a lot of hyper kids playing at the playground nearby. ‘It’s good to be home.’ It’s been a while you’ve stayed at New Zealand for almost 5 years. Today, you arrived at Incheon international airport for having your senior year at your beloved hometown.

You blank stare for a while, but you didn’t notice someone is looking at you. He walks to you, “Are you alright?” he asked from your blank stare.

You look up, “I’m fine.”

He rounded his eyes and sat next to you, “You can see me?” he whispered. You look to him in confused, “Of course I can. Why?” you play with your phone as you talk with him.

He took a while for answering you. “I try to talk people around me, but they didn’t hear nor see me.” He explained.

You only listen and didn’t spoke a word. “I consider myself as a special person. I can what people can’t” you whispered the last part.

‘This guy seriously, reminds me of somebody. Have I met you before?’ you thought. “So, you really can see me?” he continued.

You nodded slightly, “Yeah.”                                                       

Both of you keep quiet for a while and mesmerize the small kids playing. Your mind wandering off and thought about your senior year, ‘I don’t want an awkward senior year.’ You thought.

“By the way, I’m Howon. But I prefer people to call me Hoya.” He breaks the silence. You smiled. “I’m you. Nice to meet you.” You introduced.

You stood up from the bench and start to walk home, leaving Hoya. You walk and didn’t notice that Hoya is following you. “Hey!” he stopped you.

He walk next to you, “Can I … can I sleep at your place tonight?” he look down. You look at him, “I wish I could, but I’m alone at home. My parents off the town.” You explained, somehow you feel guilty for him.

He nodded at understand, “Well, good to know.” he turned and walk off. Your guilty feels, munching you up, “Wait!” you stopped him.

“You can sleep at my brother’s bedroom. He’s not home either.” You said. Hoya begins forming smile from ear to ear. “Thank you!”

Both of you walk together and set into the house. “So, you -ah, do you really see dead people?” he asked. You look at him, “Kind of. I can see few.” You answered.

“Hoya, can I ask you something?” you sat on the couch facing him.

He nodded. “What’s the cause of your death? I understand if you don’t wanna tell.” You asked in low tune.

He smiled and forming confusion on your face. “I can’t tell if I’m really dead or not.” He said.

“What do you mean?” you asked back.

“Well, the first thing I know is that, I’m already laying on a field nearby.” He told. You begin to confuse. ‘Is there such thing?’ you thought.

“Well, I’ll just show the place tomorrow then.” Hoya suggests. You nodded, “Okay.”

‘You don’t remember me do you?’ he thought.


Hey guys :)

Thank you for subscribing!

Anyway, just a short chapter for the intro.

How was it?