Chapter Three: Jonghyun to the Rescue

Fanchants and Screams

 

My heart was pounding hard as I raced down the hallway. Ahead of me I saw Minho, Siwon, Krystal, Donghae, Chanyeol, Kris and Eunhyuk, the most athletic of the bunch rushing down ahead of everyone. Damn, why didn’t I try harder to be athletic, I scolded myself as I looked for someplace to hide. Obviously, I wasn’t going to be able to outrun anyone. All that was left was to outsmart them. I yanked the nearest door open and pulled Onew and Luna that were running alongside me in. I could hear screams as some of the idols were pulled down by the zombie fangirls. “The desk!” Onew shouted out, locking the door. Onew, Luna and I moved a desk from the room in front of the door. Through the little window I saw as more of the idols rushed by and shut themselves into the other rooms, doing the same thing we were doing. We were in some kind of control room with large windows so I could clearely see what was happening outside the window. The entire street was a mess of running people and those creatures feasting on the ones too slow to make it. I gulped as I imagined me as one of them. “Oppa…Oppa…” I heard the chorus of zombie fangirls murmuring. Minho and the other athletic idols had already burst through the exit and through the frosted glass window I saw them running towards the parking garage on the right. They were way ahead of the creatures so I had no doubt they could outrun them. Onew, Luna and I paused and looked around the room we had locked ourselves in.. We were standing in the concert sound room. “What are we going to do?” I heard Luna mutter under her breath. This is it Kim Jonghyun, I thought to myself, Now’s the time to show everyone what you can do.  No one ever took me seriously, but this time I would prove them wrong, I would get all of us out of this place. I nodded silently to myself as I flipped open my phone and dialed Minho’s number.

 

* * *

 

“Listen up everyone,” I yelled cracking open the door to the room enough to yell through, “I have a plan!”

“Is that Jonghyun?!” I heard someone groan.“Oh god, We’re DOOMED.”

“Might as well let the zombie fangirls take me.”

“What kind of idea can that babo have?!”

I rolled my eyes, Unappreciative, the lot of them. “ANYWAYS,” I interrupted them, “everyone look around and grab whatever there is in your room that you can use to defend yourself and on the count of three everyone is gonna run out of the room and push ahead to the end of the hall, when you make it to the door push through and get in the vans, Minho and the others will be waiting in the vans to make our escape!”

“WHAT?!” I heard a chorus of voices yell.

“YOU WANT US TO GO OUT THERE?!?!” Yoona indigently scoffed. “where those –those, things are?!?!?”

“He’s gonna get us killed!” Heechul said

“Guys, please, just trust me,” I pleaded, “I have a plan! This is definitely gonna work!”     
Everyone hesitantly agreed.

 “Okay, good. Now, on the count of three. Ready?” I heard Onew draw in a deep breath as he and Luna shoved the desk out of the way enough to unlock the door. I heard a similar noise from the other rooms. God, I hope this works, said a tiny voice in the back of my head. I shoved the thought aside as I the speaker and gripped the doorknob.

“One…Two……..THREE!” We all dashed out into the hallway.