Chapter One: Fanchants and Screams

Fanchants and Screams

 

 

The finale song began to play as we all ran out on stage. The giant pink LED lights flashed SMTOWN IN SEOUL. All the SM Town members appeared to play around with each other and close out the show. The fans grew louder with each playful action between the different members. I looked out at all the fans screaming our names. “Oppa JJong~” I heard a fan scream. I turned around and smiled and waved. I scanned the millions of faces and read all the signs of the hopeful individuals screaming for their Oppas and Unnies. I remembered training for all those years at SM Academy trying to achieve a dream that I was finally living. Working hard everyday had finally paid off in the end. I waved my hands some more and shook hands with some of the fans. This was the life.  I suddenly snapped back to reality by a squirt of water from Key. I started laughing and ran around trying to splash him from my water bottle. The crowd was going wild watching the other idols play around with each other as the song rang through the crowded concert hall. The fangirls waved their light sticks frantically, the sea a mixture of pink, sapphire blue, pearlescent blue, red and silver. Minho was playing around with the Super Junior Hyungs and Taemin was dancing front stage with the SNSD Noonas. It was just another blissful SM TOWN concert.

A sudden loud roar from somewhere in the crowd interrupted my pursuit and I turned around. The screams seemed mixtures of groans and moans that seemed out of place at the concert. I turned around and searched the stage thinking something was happening onstage. I was met with the blank and confused faces of all the idols. I turned to face the crowds as the piercing screams again vibrated through the air. In the split of a second mass panic erupted. My eyes desperately searched to where the fans had started to scatter. Distressed fans ran for the exits with wild panic reflected in their eyes. As a clearing near the front started to form I saw the cause of panic.

“What the hell is that?” I yelled. Standing before my eyes in the middle of the crowd were three human-like creatures with torn and bloodstained clothing. With empty eyes and sickly pale skin they ran around the retreating fans, limbs flailing, with hungry eyes. I watched shocked as on e of the creatures entrapped one of the girls and clawed at them. Blood gushed out of bodies on the floor as the rest of creatures sunk their jaws into the victims. The scene made my stomache flop as I started screaming for the others and pointed desperately toward the creatures. Everyone turned to stare where I was pointing. Screams rose from between the idols. Next to me Onew stood frozen, seeing what I was pointing at. His eyes grew wide before rolling backwards before shutting abruptly and his body collapsed on the stage floor. “We gotta get out of here” I told Siwon who was next to me.

“No, we should pray!” he replied with a frightened look on his eye. “Forget that!” I yelled as I grabbed Key’s arm and between Minho, Taemin and I dragged Onew across the floor and into the backstage area.

***