Chapter Two: Terror in the Korean Penninsula

Fanchants and Screams

 

Backstage managers and coordinators were in frenzy. I looked to see that both SNSD, F(x), Exo and Super Junior had followed us back. We laid Onew in one of the dressing rooms and shuffled in. The room was a simple waiting room cluttered with makeup, clothing and a small TV that projected what was going on onstage. Luna grabbed some water and started to care for him. I grabbed one of the Cordi-Noonas that was rushing by. “What’s going on?” I asked her. The Noona’s eyes were wide with confused terror. “Infection… contamination…spreading,” she managed to gasp out between breathes.  “What are you talking about?!” Leeteuk asked her. Everyone was becoming more and more confused by the second. “What are those things out there?” I pressed on. Terrified screams continued coming from the stage area, echoing through the busy hallway. The Noona finally managed to calm down enough to talk to us. “The National Disease Agency, they put on a high alert in all of South Korea awhile ago. There’s a disease going around but the victims are attacking everyone. You’re doomed if they bite you.” She stopped talking and started sobbing.

 “…disease?” Donghae said, turning back to face us. Taemin turned a monitor in the hallway on to the local news channel. The commenter was talking briskly with a worried face “-urges everyone to stay indoors and not let anyone in. Largely populated areas should be avoided. The infected are highly dangerous and if come in contact with can cause death an infection. If you or a loved one is infected please call The National Disease Agency. There have been no reports of this disease spreading to other places outside of the Korean peninsula thus far. We- ahhhhhhh~” bodies scrambled around and the newscast went fuzzy then shut off completely. “Is this a dream?” said a confused Onew who had just awakened. The Noona who had been standing watching with us rushed out and continued to run down the hall hysterically for the exit. The groans and screams from the arena continued to grow louder.

“Omo, what the hell was that?!” screamed Key as he started turning around in circles. I looked back to see the sickened and pale faces of the fellow idols as they realized the situation we were all in. The color resembled the one of the creatures and the thought made my stomach tighten once again. If the newscast was correct did it mean we were doomed by the same public that once loved us? Could my own friends and family be out to get me soon?

Panic started to break out among us. Some of the girls - and the boys, started sobbing. Leeteuk yelled out over the idols, “We have to calm down!” Everyone snapped to sharp attention, “We have to get out of here. As of right now our only hope is to get out of South Korea and somewhere safe.” “We could go to Jeju Island!” shouted Yesung. The others shouted out in agreement. “We can’t just magically teleport there you know,” Taeyeon said. No one said a word. “I’ve got an idea,” Heechul interrupted the silence, “we’ll take the official SM Boat.” And at those words, dozens of fangirl zombies burst out from the stage area flooding the hallway. “RUNNNN!” I screamed.