CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY: WINNER

CHRISTMAS WITH YOU

A WEEK LATER:

     I was now on my way to meet Vee at the library for our usual study session, she at math and it was up to me at this point to get as many algebraic formulas in her head as possible. Our school finals were just around the corner and I could sense that Vee was worried about failing them. The least I could do was help her, right?

     Even though I wanted to be a good friend to Vee, I was in no mood to be out today. I wanted to stay home and catch up on 2PM and any activity I had missed. They were going to announce the winners of the giveaway today but I hadn't heard from anyone yet. Did I not win? I walked into the library with my head hung low. Disappointment washed over me and my mood only became darker as I passed the librarian who was giving me a welcoming smile. I was in no mood to smile or be smiled at. 

     As I was about to enter the study area my phone began to ran. I was embarrassed as my 2PM "Electricity" ringtone rang throughout the entire library. I bowed slightly in apology to the people around and quickly walked out of the library to answer. I looked at the caller ID and saw an unfamiliar number. I answered nonetheless and heard the words that I had been waiting for all week.

"Congratulations, you have won a chance to spend Christmas with the members of 2PM." A man said over the phone.

"What?" I exclaimed into the phone, "You're kidding me right?" I asked in doubt.

     Was Vee playing a prank on me right now? Wait, but this was a man on the phone. Was this reality? Or was I dreaming?

"It's true," He laughed, "Their will be a car sent to your home around 6 PM on Christmas eve. I just need a confirmation from you to make sure that you will be attending."

"Confirmed, confirmed, confirmed! Of course I'll attend." I chanted into the phone.

"Alright," He laughed again, "We'll see you then." He said lastly before hanging up.

     I was still holding onto the phone even after he had hung up. I was in shock, in complete ecstatic shock.

"Unnie, what are you doing outside?" Vee asked as she walked up to me.

     It looked like she had just arrived.

"Ahhhhhh!" I snapped and jumped up and down.

"What's going on?" Vee asked again, a little worried about my sanity.

"Vee! You wont believe what just happened." I pulled her into a tight hug and continued to jump around like a maniac.

"What?" She laughed, "It looks like you just won the lottery."

"No, even better than that!"

"Better than that? Oh no way, don't tell me-" She began to say before I cut her off.

"Guess who has a date with 2PM on Christmas eve?" I squealed.

"No way! You won?" She exclaimed in return.

"Uhuh." I gloated.

"Ahhhh!" We both then screamed in unison.

     The passerbys were looking at us as if we had gone nuts, but at that moment I didn't care at all. This was one of the best moments of my life. I still couldn't believe it, this seemed too good to be true but I wasn't going to question my luck any further. I won and that's all I needed to confirm that I had made the right choice to move to Korea after all. Life finally seemed a bit brighter after winning and that bright light was called 2PM.