CHRISTMAS EVE: PARTNERS

CHRISTMAS WITH YOU

CHRISTMAS EVE:

     Today was the day that I had been patiently waiting for. The day that I get to see, no meet, the men of my dreams. After four years of supporting 2PM, and even our ex-leader Jay Park, I finally get to tell them how amazing they are to me. I had already met Jay Park last spring at a meet and greet and today I was feeling a sense of accomplishment now that I'd be able to see all of them.

     It felt so surreal as I watched a fancy black car pull up to my homes sidewalk. From the living room window I could see as a driver stepped out of the car and headed straight to my front door. Before he could even knock, I headed to the door and opened it. I couldn't wait any longer and my patience was running on empty now.

"Hello." I say all too happily.

"Hello," He bows, "I'm here for miss Minyoung Park."

"Yes, that's me."

"We can leave as soon as you're ready to-" He began to say but I cut him off.

"I'm ready!"

     At that moment he motioned for me to head towards the car. I nodded frantically, revealing the fan girl in me, and quickly stepped out of my house before locking the door. I walked towards the car and the driver hurried ahead of me to open the back door. I bowed politely to him and then quickly hopped into the car. The car ride felt like it was moving in slow motion. I wasn't patient at all and every second that passed felt like an eternity.

"Here we are." The driver finally announces.

     I looked out the window to find myself in front of the JYP entertainment building. I was a bit taken aback by this. I thought we would spend Christmas at their home or some fancy restaurant but I guess this was just as good. Plus, I'd get to see where my dearest JYP family spent most of their time.

     Before I knew it, the driver had opened the door for me and held out his hand to help me out. I lightly took his hand and as soon as I was out of the car I bowed to him gratefully.

"Go ahead towards the entrance miss. There will be someone to check you in and guide you to your destination." He instructed.

"Thank you." I bowed again and walked towards the entrance.

     As I entered the building, I quickly took in the modern atmosphere of the lobby. The lobby was completely white and on the walls there were posters and albums serving as marvelous decoration pieces. It looked more like a museum, a museum meant especially for JYP family fans like myself.

"Welcome." Someone said.

     I quickly turned to face a young woman.

"You must be Minyoung. You're the last one to arrive." She states politely.

"Oh, yeah." I shyly bow at her.

"This way please." She raises her hands towards the hall.

     I follow her lead until we reach a pair of wide open doors. She walks in and claps her hands for attention as I stand awkwardly by the door. It was then that I saw that there was five other girls in the room.

"Everyone is finally here," She begins to say and I now walk into the room and stand besides the others, "Shall we get started?"

     All six of us nod nervously and look over at each other for comfort. We were probably all feeling the same way at that moment, anxious and expectant. As the young woman leaves the room for a second, the rest of us look around the room. It was only then that I realized we were inside a dance studio. I looked over at one of the mirrored walls and looked myself over. I made sure my hair and makeup were in place before facing the doors.

     At that exact moment, the members of 2PM walked into the room. I felt like I wasn't breathing anymore, like if I had forgotten how to breathe. My heart felt like it could jump out of my chest, as one by one, they all stood before me. I scanned each of their faces and to say that they were perfect would be an understatement. They were beyond perfection.

"Hello," Taecyeon began, "we are 2PM!" All six then chanted.

     I couldn't believe I just heard their most famous introduction. This was definitely a dream, but that dream only seemed to get even better. As I continued to fall in a daze of happy thoughts, I became entranced by one specific person. For some reason, I could not take my eyes off of Hwang Chansung. He was the farthest away from me and yet I felt too close. This was the closest I've ever been to any of them but Chansung was the only one I could see.

     Chansung was beyond handsome. He was wearing a black suit with a cute white bow tie. The way his suit jacket wrapped around his muscular arms was a little too y for my poor heart. I was already melting but my state only got worse as I snapped out of Chansung's trance and looked over at what the other members had on. It was like they were all begging to be stripped from their tight jackets. My imagination was already on the brink and I stopped myself from thinking anymore erted thoughts. Sometimes I wonder if this was the real reason why their fandom was called HOTTEST, they all seemed to make their fans heat up from even a simple gesture.

"And your name is?" Taecyeon asked me as I snapped back to reality.

    I had just blanked out on the other girls introductions and hadn't noticed that it was now my turn.

"Uh- I'm Minyoung." I answer shakily.

     Taecyeon gives me a huge smile and I could just die happily.

"Minyoung, that's a beautiful name. You all have really beautiful names." Minjun compliments.

"Now, before we head over to the dining area why don't we play a quick game?" Taecyeon says.

"What kind of game?" One of the girls ask.

"Mm, a quick match making game?" Junho suggests.

"Their's six of you and six of us. It's only natural that we pair up." Wooyoung smirks.

     These naughty boys had already planned this out and I could only laugh internally. They were too cute. As the guys smiled to themselves and the girls giggled, I found myself staring at Chansung again. His smile was beautiful and I couldn't stop myself from admiring him. He wasn't even my bias, Minjun was, but I felt the urge to talk to Chansung.

"Alright, how about we go one at a time. One of us will stand facing the wall and whoever wants to be paired up with that person will stand behind him. Easy enough, right?" Taecyeon explains as he pulls six red roses out of his back pocket and hands them to each of the members.

     As the pairing began, I was torn on who to go for. Taecyeon was the first to go and he was the most popular choice because four of the girls quickly stood behind him. One by one they all began to get paired and I still hadn't chosen who I wanted to be paired with. My only options were now Minjun and Chansung. Chansung was standing with his back faced towards me and I didn't even hesitate to line up behind him anymore. I looked over at Minjun apologetically but then continued to stare at Chansung's back with a huge smile plastered across my face.

     Before Chansung could turn around, the other remaining girl had stepped up besides me. All I could do was glare at her instinctively but she wasn't looking at me however. Her eyes were glued to Chansung and at that moment I came to realize that I was dying of jealousy. My chances of being paired up with Chansung were slim.

"Ooh~ Turn around now." Wooyoung teased Chansung.

     Chansung turns around and bursts out laughing which was a reaction I was not expecting at all. He was clapping hysterically and I couldn't understand his behavior. I felt a little self conscious and I wished I would have chosen any of the other members.

"Sorry, I'm just really happy." Chansung explained.

     I still didn't understand him though, he was a little too hyper.

"Mm, who to pick?" He wondered out loud, "It's hard to choose between two beautiful girls."

     He was looking back and forth from me and the other girl. I guess you could say that she was the better pick. She was way prettier than I would ever be and that was obvious. She seemed liked the bubbly type too, similar enough to Chansung. I was screwed wasn't I? Why didn't I just stick to my original bias? I'm sorry Minjun, I should have stayed faithful to you.

"Will you do me the honor?" Chansung finally said, pointing a rose at my direction.

     Did he really just pick me?