CHRISTMAS EVE: DINNER

CHRISTMAS WITH YOU

     I stood there in total shock. I wasn't expecting him to actually choose me but I was beaming with happiness nonetheless. I smiled wide at him as I took a step towards him and took the single red rose from him.

"Thank you." I said as we stood side by side.

     He smiled an enchanting smile and I could feel my heart do summersaults from joy. Chansung wasn't originally my bias, but he was now. It was like I had fallen in love at first sight.

"Alright, now that we're all paired up, let's head over to the dining room for dinner." Junho said with a gentle eye smile.

     With that said, all six members of 2PM lead the way to the dining room. We each walked with our partners beside us, some with their arms intertwined. Chansung and I awkwardly walked besides each other with a large gap in between us. I wasn't brave enough to close that gap and it seemed like he wasn't interested in closing that gap anyway.

     As we all walked into the dining room, or more like cafeteria, all of the girls gasped at how beautifully they had decorated the room. There was a huge Christmas tree in a corner with a couple of wrapped Christmas presents, golden Christmas lights hung on the walls, the large dinner table was decorated with a golden table cloth, and they had put mini Christmas trees as the center pieces. I felt like I was in a Christmas fairytale and I was very pleased.

"You like it?" Chansung then whispers in my ear.

     I was so hypnotized by the setting that I hadn't realized how close Chansung now was to me. I turned my head to face him and I could literally feel his breath on my face. He was way too close.

"It's beautiful." I say as I stare into his eyes.

     Neither of us looked away and my heart rate picked up again. He was driving me crazy!

"Let's all take a seat now, the food shall be here soon." Nichkhun was the one to say.

     Thanks to Nichkhun, Chansung and I remembered that there was others in the room. I tried to laugh it off but it came out as awkward breaths. The atmosphere was a little awkward but it didn't stop Chansung from taking my hand and pulling me towards the dinner table. Being the gentleman that he was, he pulled my chair out for me and motioned for me to take a seat. He was too perfect to be real.

     The whole dinner passed all too fast. We ate roasted chicken, steamed vegetables, pasta and other typical holiday dishes. Taecyeon and Minjun were the most playful as they told jokes and practically had us all spit out our food from laughing so much. The girl paired with Wooyoung seemed to be the happiest one of us all due to Wooyoung's never ending aegyo and cautious manners. Even Nichkhun's date seemed to look like she could faint at any moment from having him feed her. Nichkhun seemed to be more charming than I had expected.

     Junho and Chansung held side conversations during dinner and it made me and Junho's date a bit uncomfortable. I wanted to join the conversation but I had no clue on what to say. Chansung would acknowledge me here and there but his attention was always taken somewhere else.

"Did you all enjoy your meal?" Nichkhun asked us all.

     We all nodded and responded with a simple "yes." The food was good I guess, but I didn't really eat much of it. Chansung's lack of attention made me angry, angry enough to lose my appetite. I don't know why I had expected more from Chansung. He was an idol after all. I wanted his attention but he didn't really need mine.

"We have a couple more surprises for you all." Nichkhun says as he stands up and runs over to one corner of the room.

     He picks up a fishbowl with a couple of folded pieces of paper inside. I was clueless on what was going on but I didn't care. Hopefully it was a partner change or else I'd run the risk of getting ignored the whole night.

"Their's still an hour left until midnight, so how about we all go out on separate dates now?" Nichkhun starts to say, "Inside this bowl is six different date locations. The one you pick will be your next destination." He finished.

     Great, I'm still stuck with Chansung. Wait, just me and Chansung though? Meaning, no one else but us. . .FINALLY! This night was looking a bit brighter.

"Should we pick or have the girls pick?" Nichkhun asked.

"Let the girls pick." Junho voiced.

     One by one, we each picked a piece of paper from the fishbowl. Taecyeon and his date were to have an ice cream date, Nichkhun and his date had an ice skating date, Minjun and his date had a coffee date, Junho and his date had a holiday musical date, and Wooyoung and his date were to have a Christmas at the park date. It was now my turn to read what our date was:

"Star gazing." I read out loud.

     Star gazing? We were going to look at the stars? It didn't sound as good as the other dates. They'd be in a warm room or with a date willing to keep them warm, but I was to be outdoors on this winter night with a guy that ignores me. I was worried but then again, it would be just Chansung and I, maybe he'd be a bit more considerate.

"I was hoping we'd get that one." Chansung said to me.

     Great, he was hoping that I'd freeze to death.

"Wait, before we go- Open up the presents we got for you." Wooyoung reminds the boys.

     The members all walk towards the Christmas tree and each pick up a single box. Chansung was the first to walk towards us and he smiles as he hands me the box. I look at the cute snow men on the wrapping paper and smile up at Chansung. The snow man resembles Chansung, cute and mischievous.

"Can I open it?" I ask Chansung.

"Of course." He whispers to me.

     Without any delay, I carefully rip the wrapping paper and reveal a simple white box. Chansung holds the box for me as I remove the lid. As I look into the box, my smile only grows wider as I pull out a picture frame with his picture in it. This was definitely something only he would do.

"Ha, sorry. I couldn't think of anything else." He explained.

"No, it's okay. It's perfect." I smiled up at him.

     It really was perfect. I loved this gift and I was going to forever cherish it.

"What kind of gift is that?" Taecyeon teases Chansung.

     Everyone starts to laugh as the girls gather to see what he gave me. I could only look at Chansung lovingly as his cheeks turned pink in embarrassment. It was the cutest scene I have ever witnessed.