Life's Treasures

A Daydreamer's Diary

Idol(s): Kim Joon Myun / Su Ho of EXO / EXO-K

Genre: Supernatural

Inspiration: The music video for "Take on Me" by A-Ha and the Korean remake of it, "Take" by Seo In Guk.

Synopsis: Su Ho helps a struggling artist find inspiration.

Individual Story Link: Life's Treasures

Note: This story may contain some Korean terms. If so, their definitions are provided (to the best of my knowledge) when they first appear. You can hover over the hyperlink for a definition if you’re on a desktop computer or click on the link to be directed to a Glossary of Korean Terms if you’re on other devices.

~//~

Finally done moving the heavy boxes of merchandise into the storage room of the convenience store, Kang Ye Seul let out a tired sigh and wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand. She took off her uniform, which consisted only of a forest green apron with the store's name branded on the left pocket, and hung it on a rusty nail on the wall. She checked the time on her phone: 7:33 PM. If she caught the next bus, she could make it to the gallery with at least 15 minutes to spare.

"I'll be going now, Boss," she said to the store manager at the checkout counter.

"Yes, you did well today, Ye Seul. Get home safely," he bade her.

Bowing good-bye, Ye Seul left the store and ran for the bus stop, just catching her bus in the nick of time. After a 10-minute ride, she got off at her stop and walked the rest of the way to the S.M. Art Gallery. Since closing time was only 15 minutes away, the parking lot was void of cars save for a few scattered sparsely, most likely belonging to employees.

As Ye Seul walked up the steps of the building and entered, an old man with white hair, wisely wrinkles, and mismatched brown and hazel eyes greeted her with a smile. "Here again, Ye Seul?"

"Yes, Grandpa," she responded with an embarrassed chuckle. The man wasn't really her grandfather, but nevertheless, she addressed him as such.

"Well, lucky for you, I have some work to finish before I close up, so you've got a little more time," he said with a hearty laugh.

"Thank you, Grandpa," she answered with a bow. "Did any new pieces come in today?"

He nodded. "One, and I think you'll like it very much. It's in the back corner room," he answered, gesturing in the direction. Ye Seul bowed again in respect before heading towards the back of the gallery.

At 21, Kang Ye Seul was a young woman simply trying to make a living in the world. She had left her parents in the countryside and come to the beautiful, thriving city of Seoul in hopes of making it big as an artist. However, she soon found out that achieving that goal was easier said than done, and after countless failures in selling any pieces she endorsed her name on, she settled with numerous minimum-wage part-time jobs just to get by. She didn't dare go back home to her parents, not after all the commotion she had caused in the first place with foregoing college to pursue art in the city.

But despite not being able to make a career out of it, art remained her passion. So as often as she could, Ye Seul visited the gallery for reprieve from her otherwise hectic life of juggling multiple jobs, and most importantly, an escape from the dismal reality her existence had become.

Over the few years since she had discovered the gallery, she befriended the kind old man she referred to as "Grandpa". He was a curator, and upon first meeting, Ye Seul was frightened of him because of his mismatched eyes. But she soon found out that he was actually very amicable, often keeping the gallery open a little while longer, just for her.

Approaching the back corner where the piece was located, Ye Seul glanced around at the pieces in search for the new arrival. She absentmindedly tugged on the strap of her messenger bag as she walked further back into the room, her eyes scanning from painting to painting, all of which she had seen before.

Finally approaching the last one, which obviously had to be the new piece the old curator was referring to, Ye Seul took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Slowly, she reopened her eyes to glance at the painting for the first time.

As soon as she did, a small gasp escaped her lips. Inside the golden frame, was a painting of a young man, surrounded by swirls of water that he controlled with his hands. Ye Seul's eyes were immediately drawn to his beautiful face. His dark eyes stared right through her, his milky, white skin was flawless, and his smile, it was crooked and mischievous, as if he had a secret.

"What do you think?" the curator asked from behind her.

Ye Seul was started by his voice. She was so mesmerized with the painting she had forgotten she was still at the gallery. "Uh…" As Ye Seul tried to answer, her eyes darted towards the placard on the bottom that only stated the title: Guardian. "There's no name on the painting," she responded, turning to look at the man.

He chuckled and nodded in agreement. "The artist wishes to remain anonymous. Do you like it?"

Ye Seul turned back to look at the painting, her eyes immediately drawn to the dark irises of the young man in the painting. "I do," she quietly answered.

"I'm glad," he answered with a smile. "I've got some work in the back room, so I'll give you about a half hour more before I close up," he said before leaving.

Ye Seul continued to stare at the painting, studying the brushstrokes of each detail, from the small droplets of water that trailed each larger swirl, to the wrinkles of his dark pants, to the flawless bone structure of his face. She didn't notice the minutes pass until the old man tapped her on the shoulder and she jolted out of her trance.

"I'm sorry, Ye Seul. I have to close the gallery now," he said with an apologetic frown.

"Ah, no it's okay. Thank you for keeping it open for me, Grandpa," she quickly answered. "Have a good night," she bade him before shuffling out of the building.

Every day for the next few weeks, Ye Seul would make time to visit the gallery and stare at the painting. Something about the young man drew her in and she couldn't get enough of him, despite the countless hours she had already spent gazing at him. Though he was just a painting, Ye Seul felt an unexplainable comfort with him, one that she had never felt with anyone else. In fact, she felt so at ease with him that she found herself talking to him, telling him about herself, her day, and any random thoughts that would come to her.

Ye Seul had just finished her shift at the café she worked at, and was making herself her favorite drink to go, a skinny caramel macchiato with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon on top; it was one of the free perks of working at a café. With her coffee cup in hand, she briskly walked to the gallery to pass the time until her next part time job.

Ye Seul sat down on the bench just opposite the painting, and sipped her drink before she began recounting her day to the Guardian. Luckily, visitors rarely passed by the corner she sat in, or else they would think her crazy.

"I had such a bad day yesterday," she started with a heavy sigh. "At the convenience store I work at, we got a shipment of products that I had to move to the storage room, but I accidentally dropped one of the boxes that contained soda which exploded everywhere. My manager was not happy about it and I'm pretty sure it's because he feels sorry for me that he didn't let me go. And then at my apartment, the water pipe in the kitchen broke and flooded the whole room. The bill for that was just as much as one-month’s rent! I'm barely getting by paying on time, now it's like I have to pay a month in advance. I really don't know how I'm going to make enough in time." She stared at the lid of the coffee cup in her hand desolately. "Sometimes…I feel like there's really no purpose to my life…and that maybe, it's no longer worth living."

Ye Seul's eyes started tearing up in self-pity, but before any tears could fall, her cell phone rang, bringing her out of her misery as she blinked the moisture back and gasped at the caller's name. It was the convenience store manager, who no doubt was calling to ask why she was thirty minutes late for her shift. She quickly stood up and grabbed her things before rushing out to hopefully catch the next bus in time.

As if yesterday's bad day wasn't enough, Ye Seul's manager ended up firing her, not because she was late, but because she had made another blunder during work. It was the last straw for him, and without much of a choice, he had to let her go.

With her head resting against the glass window of the bus, Ye Seul stared out at the blur of the Seoul night scene passing her by. Never would she have thought that the lowest point in her life would result from her pursuing her dream. And it would only get lower if she didn't find another job soon, or else, she would find herself living on the streets.

Ye Seul got off at her stop and walked towards her only solace. But just as she ascended the steps of the gallery, the old man came out in his jacket and hat, ready to close up the building.

"Grandpa!" Ye Seul called to him. "Please, can you keep it open just a little longer?" she pleaded.

"Ye Seul, I'm sorry, but I have somewhere I need to get to," he apologetically answered.

"Please, Grandpa. Just five minutes, that's all I ask. I just need to see the painting really quickly," Ye Seul desperately begged.

"Actually, that painting has already been taken down," he explained. Ye Seul's eyes widened in shock. "The artist has asked for it back, so it's sitting in the back room, getting ready to be sent over to him in a couple of days. I'm really sorry Ye Seul," he sincerely apologized before locking up the building and leaving.

Ye Seul still stood where the old curator had left her, her eyes glazed over as she lifelessly stared at the cement ground. She would never be able to see the Guardian again. Her one comfort from her harsh reality was gone, and the fire that she had come to Seoul with had diminished to a small flame that struggled to keep alive.

After finishing her shift at the café the following day, Ye Seul planned to use the rest of the day that would normally be spent working at the convenience store to find another job. She changed out of her uniform in the locker room, and opened the door to enter into the public area of the café. Unfortunately, her attention was fixated on adjusting the strap of her messenger bag. She failed to see the person standing in front of her, and ended up hitting her forehead against his chest. Ye Seul stepped back, rubbing her forehead that stung in pain from the direct contact of the stranger's metal zipper with her sensitive skin.

"I'm sorry," Ye Seul said as she bowed to the stranger. "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's okay. If anything, I should apologize for letting a pretty young lady's forehead get scathed," the stranger responded.

Ye Seul chuckled slightly at his answer and straightened up to look at the stranger. But as she met eyes with him, she abruptly stopped laughing. Her eyes rounded in shock and disbelief at the young man standing in front of him. He looked exactly like the man from the painting. Everything, from his dark, side-swept hair, to his dark eyes, his milky, white skin…even down to the clothes he was wearing.

"How about I buy you some coffee to make up for it?" he asked her.

Ye Seul continued to gape in incredulity at him. How was it that he looked exactly like him…unless, he was the man from the painting? But that was impossible. Paintings don't just come to life.

"Are you okay?" he asked when she still hadn't responded, a look of worry on his face.

Ye Seul quickly blinked and cleared , pushing aside her crazy ideas. "Y-yes, I'm fine."

The young man gave her a heart-racing, angelic smile that made his eyes crinkle into cute crescent moons. "Great. So how about that coffee?"

Unable to give a coherent response in words, Ye Seul found herself nodding her head instead. He seated her at a table near a window before going off to order their drinks. While she waited, Ye Seul continued to try to convince herself that it was a mere coincidence he looked like the man from the painting. 

"Here you go. I hope you like it," he said, sliding a covered coffee cup towards her before taking a seat opposite her with his own drink.

She thanked him before taking a sip, eyeing the drink in surprise at the taste. It was a caramel macchiato with whipped cream and a hint of cinnamon on top.

"What's wrong? You don't like it?" he asked as he noticed the expression on her face.

"No, it's actually my favorite drink, particularly the cinnamon," she answered, still staring at the cup incredulously. How did he know what she liked? Was it really just coincidence that he happened to get the exact drink she held when she visited the gallery to visit the painting?

"I'm glad. I was going to complain to the worker who told me that was your favorite drink if you didn't like it," he answered with a soft laugh before taking a sip of his own drink. Ye Seul started calming down. So that was it, he had asked one of her coworkers. "If you don't mind my asking. What's your name?"

"Ye Seul. Just, Ye Seul," she answered him. Though he looked like a trust-worthy person, especially since she had confided so much to his painting look-a-like, he was in reality, a stranger. And Ye Seul had seen enough news reports on the TV that hung in the corner of the convenience store she worked at (or rather used to work at) to know that one should never give their full name to someone they just ran in to, literally in her case.

He laughed softly at her reservations towards him. "Well Ye Seul, it's nice to meet you. I'm Su Ho. Just, Su Ho." There was a hint of mocking in his tone, but it was meant to be playful, and Ye Seul was able to discern that from the warm smile he gave her. "So tell me Ye Seul, are you possibly an artist?"

Ye Seul's apprehensions surrounding him returned. Of all the professions he could have chosen, how did he know she was an artist? Well, granted she hadn't actually sold any works to really be considered one, but still, this was something known to no one except the old curator, and the painting. "How did you know?" she asked with increasing suspicion.

"I was just guessing, since your name does literally mean ‘art’," Su Ho pointed out with a small chuckle.

Ye Seul started laughing at herself in hysterics. She was really letting her imagination run wild and becoming paranoid.

"You know, it's odd, but even though we've just met, I feel like I've known you for a while," Su Ho suddenly said.

Ye Seul slowly looked up to see his eyes staring intently at her, like they were looking into her soul. The corner of his lips curved into a small, crooked smile, and Ye Seul stared at him in captivation at the striking likeness he had with the young man in the painting. In fact, if she didn't realize she was still at the café, she would have thought she was back at the gallery, sitting on her bench in front of the Guardian.

Su Ho broke her from her trance by suddenly asking her a question "I hope I don't sound creepy when I ask this, but would you mind going somewhere with me?"

Ye Seul shook her head free of her bizarre thoughts. He was making her start to question her sanity. "Uh, where exactly?"

"Somewhere that I haven't been in a while," he mysteriously answered.

Ye Seul was hesitant to go with him. He was, after all, someone she had just met. And to suddenly go who knows where with a stranger just screamed danger. But even so, she couldn't resist his request. She agreed to go, despite the fact that she was supposed to use this time to find another job.

Su Ho led her outside the café to a motorcycle parked on the curb. He pulled out an extra helmet from the seat trunk and handed it to Ye Seul, who reluctantly took it. She watched him place his own helmet that hung on the handlebars on his head before sitting down and kicking the break stand up. He looked back to see Ye Seul idly standing next to him, the helmet still in her hands.

"Do you need help putting it on?" he asked through his helmet. Ye Seul quickly shook her head before putting on her helmet. She gulped in nervousness before carefully lifting her leg above the seat and sliding in behind Su Ho. "Hold on tight," he directed her. Ye Seul obeyed and slipped her arms around his waist, feeling the pace of her heart accelerate at the action.

Su Ho revved up the engine and drove onto the highway, making Ye Seul press herself against his back tighter as the thrill of speed made her heart lurch suddenly. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth that emitted from his back as he continued to drive, not caring where he was taking her.

When Su Ho finally slowed to a stop and cut the engine off, Ye Seul slowly opened her eyes and looked around at her surroundings. They had arrived at the beach, which was at least a 30-minute drive from where they had started, but the trip didn't seem more than 10 minutes. Was he speeding that much over the limit, or was she just enjoying holding on to him a little too much?

Su Ho took off his helmet and hung it on the handlebars before standing up and staring out at the ocean. He closed his eyes and inhaled the salty air through his nose as the soft wind brushed past his face. "It's been too long," he whispered with a smile.

Ye Seul didn't catch his words because she was preoccupied with taking off her own helmet, which she placed on the motorcycle seat. Su Ho turned back around and with a grin, took her hand before pulling her towards the sand. She stared with wide eyes at his large, warm hand that held onto her smaller one as he continued to lead her closer to the waves.

Su Ho let her hand go once they reached the point where the waves met land and she pulled her hand back to her body. It still felt tingly from his touch. Su Ho crouched down to touch the water, a genuinely happy smile coming across his face. Ye Seul admired his perfect side profile while he closed his eyes and just let the cool water hit his hand. It really must have been a long time since he last visited if he was this happy.

Su Ho suddenly opened his eyes and turned to look at Ye Seul, her heart jolting slightly from being caught staring. There was a mischievous twinkle in his eye and Ye Seul was again in a trance as she stared right at him. Without her noticing, Su Ho glided his hand across the surface and splashed water onto her, making her fumble backwards in shock as she proceeded to wipe at the water marks on her blouse. She heard his melodious laugh and lifted her head to look at him.

"Don't worry. It's just water," he explained.

She giggled at herself and leaned down to also touch the water. It felt soothing as it rippled past the space between her fingers, gently massaging her skin. Come to think of it, since she had come to Seoul, she hadn't once visited the ocean. She just never found the time with her full workweek that included weekends.

After some playful splashing and jumping in the water, Su Ho and Ye Seul took a seat on the beach to watch the waves nip at the sand, the seagulls flying above, and the occasional water critter scurrying around.

"Life is really beautiful, isn't it?" Su Ho remarked as the two stared out at the ocean. Ye Seul didn't answer, making Su Ho to turn his head and glance at her side profile. Her expression was somber and contemplative. "You don't agree?"

"I don't disagree," she answered, keeping her gaze on the horizon ahead. "But, as beautiful as life can be, it can be just as ugly and cruel. And when that's the only facet that reality presents to you, it makes it hard to appreciate life, to the point that you just want to escape." 

"Is reality so bad that you want to escape from it?" Su Ho quietly asked.

Ye Seul shifted her gaze down to her feet and didn't respond, but her silence was answer enough for him.

"I feel differently. I don't think it's that hard to appreciate life, especially when you can find pleasure in even the simplest of things." Su Ho reached out towards something on the sand next to him, a conch shell. He held it out to Ye Seul, who stared at the skeletal-like remnants of sea life in puzzlement. "Take this seashell for instance. It's an ordinary find on every beach, but it's different from any other shell because it actually has its own interesting story to tell."

Ye Seul looked up at him with a dubious expression.

Su Ho smiled before taking the shell and holding it up to his ear. As if it was really speaking to him, Su Ho retold the shell's life's tale. "This shell hails from an island in the Pacific Ocean. He was the humble home of a crab that wandered on to a cruise boat on its way to a port in Japan. And then, it latched itself onto the back of a whale before finally landing on this beach, where its owner abandoned him in search of a new home."

Ye Seul impassively stared at him for a few seconds after he finished recounting his story before breaking out in a small laugh. "You got all that from this shell?"

Su Ho smiled and held the shell up to Ye Seul's ear, making her stop laughing from the unexpected action. "You don't hear it?"

Ye Seul intently listened to the sound of waves crashing coming from the cylindrical opening of the shell.

"He says he's grateful to have someone listening to his story, particularly, a beautiful girl like you," Su Ho explained as he intently gazed at her with a meaningful smile.

Ye Seul's breath caught in at the way his eyes stared directly into hers, saying more to her than spoken words ever could.

Su Ho slowly retracted his hand that held the shell up to her ear and placed it back on the sand. He glanced at the setting sun and wistfully turned back to her. "It's getting late." He stood up and held his hand out to her. "I'll take you home."

Ye Seul let him pull her up, and though he let her hand go afterwards, she thought his fingers lingered against her palm longer than they needed to. In silence, Su Ho led the way back to his motorcycle while Ye Seul followed at a small distance, for once in a long time wishing that the day didn't go by as fast as it had. Su Ho's pace slowed as they approached a stall where a kind-looking old lady was selling various jewelries and trinkets. He turned to face Ye Seul. "Why don't you wait at the motorcycle and I'll meet you there," he suggested.

Ye Seul furrowed her brow in confusion at his request, but nodded with a smile before continuing ahead. She arrived at the cycle and as she waited for Su Ho, grazed her hand across the handlebars, involuntarily smiling as she remembered the feeling of his hand holding hers.

"Did you want to drive?" Su Ho asked from behind.

Ye Seul jumped at the sudden sound of his voice and turned around to meet him standing just inches from her. "N-no," she stuttered.

He chuckled slightly. "Well if you did, I would have let you." His laugh subdued into a soft smile as his eyes drifted to her lips. He forced himself to look away before grabbing his helmet that hung on one of the handlebars. Ye Seul did the same with her helmet that sat on the seat and wordlessly, Su Ho mounted the motorcycle with her following suit.

After giving him her address, Su Ho turned the key in the ignition and the motorcycle roared to life before he willed it to move. Ye Seul kept her eyes open this time as he drove. A sad melancholy settled in her heart at the thought of her time with him ending.

As Su Ho approached the parking lot of her apartment complex, he slowed down to a stop and killed the engine. Ye Seul got off and took off her helmet before turning to Su Ho, who had done the same.

"Thank you for bringing me with you," she said as she handed her helmet to him.

Su Ho took the helmet from her and put it away in the seat  trunk. "Actually, I was going to thank you for agreeing to come with me," he said with a smile.

Ye Seul felt their imminent parting approaching. Her eyes glanced sadly at the cement of the parking lot below her.

"I have something for you," he said, making Ye Seul look up to see him holding a necklace with a shell pendant hanging on it. It was a miniature version of the shell he had held at the beach. "A souvenir in memory of our trip together," he explained as he opened the clasp and stepped forward, gesturing that he wanted to put it around her. Ye Seul complied and turned around, lifting her hair as he placed the necklace around her before reclosing it in the back. "I hope it will always remind you of the beauty that life has to offer, " he said once he was done. Ye Seul turned back around and held the shell between her fingers, admiring its simplistic beauty with a soft smile. He must have bought this necklace from the old lady at the stall while she waited for him at his motorcycle.

She looked up at him with a hopeful look in her eyes. "Will I ever see you again?" she quietly asked.

"I'm a drifter," Su Ho explained with a sad smile. He reached out to twirl her pendant around between his fingers. "I go where the waves take me."

Ye Seul looked down in disappointment at his words.

After a pause of silence, Su Ho spoke again. "Could I get a souvenir from you?"

Ye Seul looked up again, one brow slightly furrowed in question at what he could possibly mean. Their eyes locked and Su Ho slowly leaned forward, his gaze drifting to her lips. Ye Seul's breath hitched in as she felt his lips approach closer and closer, and when they met hers, she immediately closed her eyes, savoring the feel of his warm lips moving against hers. His kiss was calm and soothing, like the peaceful tides of the ocean.

Su Ho slowly pulled back and stared at her intently with his soul-reading dark eyes. "I will treasure this souvenir always. I hope you do the same with yours, Just Ye Seul," he murmured.

With one last crooked smile, he left on his motorcycle. Only when the sound of his engine died away into the darkness did Ye Seul finally move from the spot he had left her and turn to walk towards her apartment. She went to sleep with a serene smile on her face.

Ye Seul woke up the next morning smiling and feeling bouncier than usual. Her hand immediately went to her chest where she clutched the shell that dangled around her neck. Her smile broadened and with a spring in her step, she got ready for the day, despite there still being hours till her shift in the afternoon at the café.

The first thing she did that morning was to visit the gallery, arriving just as it opened. It was still a habit of hers to go when she had free time, and though she knew the painting was no longer on display, it was an opportunity to start off her day positively, and to appreciate art for itself, rather than using it as a means to escape reality.

"Ye Seul, you're here early," the old man greeted her with a smile expressing his surprise. Ye Seul brightly smiled back in response. She was about to enter one of the display rooms when his voice made her turn back around to him. "The painting, the one you had been visiting every day for the past month, it'll be leaving this building today," he informed her. The reminder of the painting's departure weighed down on her spirits. "If you want, I can let you get one last look at it before it's sent off."

Ye Seul immediately jumped at the opportunity to see the Guardian for one last time. The old man led her to the back, turning on the lights to reveal a room in disarray with various tools used to restore paintings. The painting she was after was standing on its frame on the ground, in a corner. The old man left her alone to admire the piece for one last time.

As she approached it, a small gasp emitted from her lips, just as it had the first time she had laid her eyes on it. But this time, it was because of a feature that wasn't on the painting when she first saw it. Around his neck, was the shell, the same one she was wearing which she grasped in her hand. His secretive smile seemed so appropriate at that moment and she returned it with a genuine smile of her own.

"I will treasure it, always," she said to him, her words carrying a deep meaning behind them that she knew he would hear and understand.

With one last glance, Ye Seul left the room and continued on her quest to enjoy her morning. But with so many things life had to offer, Ye Seul had no qualms about having difficulty with that. She discovered intriguing things around her that she was sure to have passed hundreds of times before, yet had never bothered to take the time to actually notice. They were all masked by their ordinariness that it had escaped her sight before. But with her renewed look on life, she was discovering that it was their simplicity that made them so remarkable.

***

A few months had passed since the day at the beach with Su Ho, and Ye Seul found her art career taking a quick turn for the better since then. She had recently sold her first piece to an anonymous buyer for a respectable price considering she was an amateur. Various papers and art agencies were in awe of the up and coming artist that was able to place such a unique beauty and worth to the simplest of life's occurrences, and Ye Seul found that she never had to go looking for the inspiration she had previously been searching for because it was always there, under her nose. Once she realized this, the ideas came naturally. Art had once again become an expression to her, rather than an escape, and she found herself enjoying life more because of it.

Though her first buyer didn't wish to reveal his name, he did give her an address to which she could correspond with him, and Ye Seul took the opportunity to write a heartfelt letter to him, hoping it would bring as much joy to him as it had to her.

The buyer held the letter in his hand and chuckled at the mention of her inspiration coming from a shell that originated from an island in the Pacific Ocean. He folded the letter and placed it on the table next to him before standing up to stand in front of the fireplace. His mismatched brown and hazel eyes stared at the painting hanging above, the title reading Guardian.

"That was a daring souvenir you asked from her," he reprimanded the young man in the painting with a slight frown. He turned his attention to another painting that hung next to it. A placard on the bottom named the artist to be Kang Ye Seul, and his frown slowly turned into a smile. "But, I'll let it go this time."

~//~

Author's Note

So this was the Su Ho one shot that I kept putting off. Originally, I had planned the ending to be the girl entering into Su Ho's world in the painting, making it a reverse take on the music videos that inspired it. But I thought that was kind of a depressing way to end it, so I altered the story to fit this ending. What do you guys think? Should I have gone with the original one?

And Happy New Year / New Year's Eve!

December 31, 2012 9:09 PM00