JOB3- Goodbye Busan

JUST ONE BEAT

BOM'S P.O.V

 

 

 

"That guy is impossible!! Argh!! So stupid. How can he do that to a girl!" I rushed to my bodyguard and threw all my shopping bags. I really can't believe someone will ruin my day today! My gosh, the nerve I'm feeling right now! "What happened Miss?"

 

 

 

"Shut up! I want to go home now!" okay that's rude cuz I'm still pissed off. I let out a big sigh since I cannot do anything about it anymore. I dialed someone's phone number to let out all my frustrations today. I'm not really in the mood plus my friend is not answering it! Aishh! What is happening people! "Come on! Pick it up!"

 

 

*ring* *ring*

 

 

*the number you have dialed is busy at the moment*

 

 

"Oh now really?" I dialed it again, and still no one's answering the phone. I threw my phone on my left side and looked out of the window. I saw some ice cream bar on the street, so I told the driver to stop and wait for me. As I went out of the door my bodyguard follows me, I was annoyed and told him to stop his tracks or else I'm going to fire him. "I can do it on my own okay?? Just wait here." Stupid guards.

 

 

 

"Good Afternoon Madaam, welcome to Hanakuku Ice Cream" Hanakuku? I tried to contain my laughter, but I really couldn't. The staffs and the lady in front of me are giving me some stare so I stopped laughing. "Hanakuku, that's funny" the lady in front of me faked a smile, okay now she thinks I'm weird. But it really is funny right?! HANAKUKU? Who on earth would name an ice cream bar like that?? Oh except for the stupid owner. Kekeke! 

 

 

 

"May I help you?" of course you dimwit. "Oh I want an ice cream, what's your best seller here?"

 

 

 

"Corn Ice Cream with cheese" hearing that makes me want to puke already. Eeellkkk. Who would eat that? Eww, corn and cheese? Together in one?? I looked at the lady and I think she knew I didn't like the idea. "Oh okay madaam, what about you choose your own flavor?"

 

 

 

"No, it's okay. Let me try that." I've decided to try it although I didn't like the flavors but hey who knows, maybe I'll like it! The lady gave me a regular size of cone, and looked at it for a few moments. I turned it side to side and smell it. I raised my brows and made a OKAY-MAYBE-IT'S-TASTY look. I stick out my tongue and tastes it. "Mmmm" it's good, it tastes fine, it's not what I'm thinking. "Mmmm" i gave the lady an approval showing my right thumb.

 

 

 

I finished my ice cream and was about to go back to the car when I realised "I need more corn cheese ice cream." I turned back and bought a gallon of it. I went home and looked so happy. I waited for my parents, I want them to try this new ice cream! I'm sure they'll love it too keke~ I opened my e-mail and checked if there's new mail, of course it's flooded with mails from my friends in Seoul... too many gossips! "Ahhh. I missed a lot." I scrolled some, and saw an invitation from Kang Soo University. Kang Soo University is one of the most biggest and prestigious university in Korea, well of course my parents graduated there and I want to study there too! I was reading the courses offered from the lists when someone knocked on my door.

 

 

"Bom"

 

 

 

"Neh?"

 

 

 

"It's mom" I quickly got up from my bed and opened the door. I hugged her and showed her my corn cheese ice cream. "What's that?" duh mom it's an ice cream okay? "Ice cream! Corn cheese! Try it mom"

 

 

 

"Corn cheese? That's... unusual." I laughed because it's true, we haven't tried something like that but well she tasted it and said it's good. We talked about how my day was and shared her what happened to the mall. Tsk, I can still remember that guy! "Wow, he must be handsome?" Are you kidding me mom? Really? 

 

 

 

"Ehhh. He's arrogant, too cocky." she just giggled.

 

 

 

"Oh I almost forgot!!"

 

 

"What is it?" I reached for my laptop and showed her the invitation from Kang Soo. "Oh you got the invitation already?"

 

 

 

"What do you mean mom?"

 

 

 

"Did you forget that when an alumni or alumna had a son there's an automatic invitation from the unviersity?" 

 

 

 

"Oh yeah, right. That's why." Yep that's right, that has been a tradition from Kang Soo. The reason is they only give opportunities to the class A and upper, well they give scholars but the applicants should pass the standards. Kang Soo is not all about money, but also they have very high standards when it comes to academic. Let me tell you this, some students are accepted only just because they're very rich, Kang Soo in some point uses their rich to have sponsors and to improve the facilities and the university itself. Well that's just the way it is, but on contrast, Kang Soo is known for top students too. Kang Soo offers a high quality education. 

 

 

 

"So what are you going to take up?"

 

 

 

"Mom, are you really going to ask me that? You know what I want."

 

 

 

"Well I'm just asking."

 

 

 

"Let me hug you mom!" and then we hugged each other. I let out a sigh and told her she's the best. "Thanks mom. I love you."

 

 

 

"I love you too. Now sleep."

 

 

 

 

SANDARA'S P.O.V

 

 

 

 

"Aiuuuu. I can't sleep." I whispered to myself. All of them are sleeping now, aiishhh. I've been lying on this bed for 4 hours and I still can't sleep. Whyyyy? Is it because I'm nervous? excited? happy? sad? Wahh, mixed emotions. I want to change my position but I don't want Sanghyun to be disturbed so I stayed with my position. I can feel my feet cramping now, but I need to stay still. Okay since I can't sleep, I'm starting to overthink again. This is my habit, a bad habit I should say, whenever I'm alone or bored my mind just starts to overthink and it's not helping me. 

 

 

 

 

"What if I don't do well in school? And Aunt Ji Eung stopped me from studying? What if I become a troublesome in Seoul and omma and appa will be disappointed, even Sanghyun? What if after college I can't find a job and will not be able to reach my drems? Aishhh. There's too many questions forming in my mind. I hope I can find friends there if not, then that's a big problem for me. I had a hard time finding friends here, well because I'm an intovert person. I can handle it tho, but it's very hard on my part since I had to do everything by myself and I don't have anyone to run and to talk to if I have problems... that made Sanghyun my bestfriend." 

 

 

 

"Aigoo, I should be sleeping now." I need to wake up early in the morning to go to my boss and resign. I hope he allows me though. *sighed* I closed my eyes and blurted out the words...

 

 

 

"Aiuuuu"

 

 

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 

 

 

"Mmmmm" 

 

 

 

I know it's Sanghyun who's tickling my foot. I tried to open my right eye but the rays of the sun hurts my eye. "You woke up early?"

 

 

 

"Ani."

 

 

 

"Eh. What time is it then?"

 

 

 

 

"It's 10am noona, get up!"

 

 

 

"What!?! Oh no, oh no!" Oh my gosh. I started to run to the bathroom and asked Sanghyun to prepare my clothes in the bed and wait for me outside. Aishh! This is why I hate sleeping at night. Aigoo, I'm still sleepy but I have to hurry! I should be in the cafe last 2 hours ago. Aiuuuu, I hope my boss won't yell at me. My work's supposed to be in late afternoon but my mom talked to my boss yesterday to have an appointment with him. Aishh! Why they didn't wake me up?! After taking a bath, I rushed to the room and dried my hair fixed my self and put on my clothes. Now I'm about to go out of the house when Sanghyun apologized.

 

 

 

"Noona sorry I didn't wake you up. I didn't remember your favor to wake me up early. Mianhe"
 

 

 

 

"Hey. It's okay. I can handle this okay? It's okay. Just wait for me here, and don't go out."
 

 

 

 

"Neh."

 

 

 

"Lock the door! I love youuuu~" I ran through the village as fast as I can. "Aishhh, I hope there's a bus this time!" Bus usually go here from 6am-9am and 10:45am-12nn and it's only 10:25! Ahhhh! I had to wait for 20 more minutes. What is unfortunate! Oh my goodness, I walked back to back non-stop. I can't help but to think what my boss would tell me. Aiiuuuu. 

 

 

 

"1 minute! Okay 60 59 58 57 56 ....... 10 9 8 7 .... 3 2 - " Ta-da! The bus is here *phew* I ran and gave the bus driver my ticket and find a seat. Well the cafe is just 10 minutes away from here, it's a walking distance but I got tired from running so I chose to take a bus. The bus stopped near the cafe so I went out of the bus and ran again. I stopped the moment I was in front of the cafe, I fixed my dress and hair and saw my boss inside, obviously he looked so irritated. "Oh gosh. This is it. Fighting!"

 

 

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm sorry I am late sir, I-I can explain."

 

 

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

 

 

"I thought my mom set an appointment with you... so that I could resign and say goodbye properly?"

 

 

 

 

"Well she already did. She was just here 5 minutes ago. I gave her your salary for this month, you can claim it to her."

 

 

 

 

"You're allowing me to go to Seoul sir?"

 

 

 

"Why not? You're a hardworking student Dara, I know you so much that's why I want you to reach for your dreams and go to Seoul. You deserve to have that chance, so go." This feeling! It's really undescribable, first Aunt Ji Eung supported my college fees and now my boss allowed me to resign! I'll tell you this, my boss is not really a showy boss, he doesn't show any affection or care for his employees but we all know he's a very kind and considerate person. He always yell at us when something is wrong but then apologize after that. 

 

 

 

"Well, thank you for keeping me here and for giving me the opportunity to work with you. Be safe sir, thank you. Annyeong!"

 

 

 

As soon as I step out of the door, I screamed a bit saying "Kamsahamnida!!!!  Kyahhh~~~" Okay now I don't have the problem anymore, so I walked to go back to the house and fix my things up. I'm walking in this street I used to run when I was a child, I played here since there's a mini park here before. My mom used to go here with me, and play seesaw, slide, etc. I had a great time here in Busan with my family. Just thinking of my family, I went to a bakery near the wet market. I want to buy my family a very nice cake to thank them for everything. I chose a red velvet with chocolate chips and cheese cream icing. Sanghyun loves chocolate chips, while mom loves red velvet. I told the lady to put a 'Thank you' and 'I love you always' on the cake. After buying a cake I walked a few blocks and went inside this bookstore to buy a card for my mother. I bough it and sat down in the floor, I took it off from the plastic and write my message.

 

 

"Dear mother,

 

 

I always wanted to thank you for everything you have done for me but I find no time to tell you it. I always wanted to tell you how much I love you but forgets about it. Mother, your love is so warm that made me a stronger Dara. You always support me and take care of us, this time mother after I go to college, I will take care of you. Time will come that when I reached my dreams, you no longer have to work for the market with father. Don't you ever think that you're not a good mother because we are poor and we don't eat 3 times a day, that you can't buy us clothes. You raised me and Sanghyun very well, see we grew up without causing you any troubles. Thank you for loving me mother, and for working hard for us. Please take a good care of yourself and appa and Sanghyun. Write a letter to me arasso? Don't worry about me mother, I will make you proud and will study hard. Saranghaeyo omma.

 

 

Love,

Sandara

 

 

I get up from the floor and went home. Sanghyun fell asleep while waiting for me, I put the cake and the letter in the fridge and waited for my parents to go home. They promised me they will be here by 2pm. It's already quarter to 2 but they're still not here. Instead of waiting for them, I picked out all of my things I will bring to Seoul. I only have 2 bags, one big bag and one back pack. Of course, it's because I don't have much clothes you know and there's nothing no be embarrass about. Before leaving, I thought I have to write Sanghyun a letter too. So I wrote a letter and put it inside Sanghyun's lyrics notebook. Okay okay, I wrote a letter to my father to but it's not that long so I put it inside his favorite jean's pocket. Is it weird? Lol but it's okay as long as they can read it.

 

 

I heard someone on the door so I instantly went out of the room and saw the three of them, omma, appa and aunt Ji Eung. *sigh* I'm going to leave Busan already. It's hard to leave Busan since I stayed here for 18 years. "You're ready?"

 

 

 

 

"Ahh neh."

 

 

 

 

"Okay let's go?"

 

 

 

 

"Wait." I feel like I wanted to cry already, I wanted to tear up but I can't. I don't want them to see me crying. I ran to the room and woke up Sanghyun. "Sanghyun-ah." 

 

 

 

"Mmm?"

 

 

 

"Noona's going to leave Busan now."

 

 

 

He somehow woke up and hugged me. "I'm sorry I had to disturb you, but noona will miss you."

 

 

 

 

"Noona." I felt some water dripping on my shoulder. He's crying. My little brother is crying, I want to cry too but I'm controlling it. If I will cry it will be just harder for me to leave tha I might change my mind. "Sanghyun-ah, are you crying?"

 

 

 

"Andwe." 

 

 

 

"Then why does noona's shoulder wet already?"

 

 

 

"I don't know." I released from our hug. "See you're crying. Stop that. Big boys don't cry." I smiled to him to ease his pain. "I'm just happy for you. I'm going to miss you noona."

 

 

 

"I will miss you too Sanghyun."

 

 

 

"Dara! Let's go, you will be late now." My father called me already. "Wait up! Just one more minute."

 

 

 

"Hey, this." I brought out something in my pocket. It's a g-clef pin which I bought a while ago in the book store. "Wear this, put this in your uniform or in your bag, or somewhere it is safe. Just keep it."

 

 

 

 

"What's this for noona?"

 

 

 

 

"That's a g-clef, the one you see in a music book? I know you love music and this pin here will be a sign of my promise to you Sanghyun. This will represent your noon wherever I will go, so that it will remind you that I love you and I will protect you from anybody. I will come back for you and for mom and for dad arasso?"

 

 

 

"You will buy me a guitar?"

 

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

"And we will reach our dreams together noona?"

 

 

 

"Yes"

 

 

 

 

He smiled at me and hugged me, he stopped crying now. Okay so it's time for me to go. "Release me now, noona have to go." He released from our hug and I kissed Sanghyun to his cheeks. He wiped it out and said "Elllkkk! Noona!" Hihi this kid is so cute. "Let's go." We went outside the room and put all of my things to the car. This is final, I'm going to leave Busan. Aunt Ji Eung is already inside the car but she gave me 5 more minutes to say goodbye to mom and appa.

 

 

 

"Omma, appa. Pls take care of yourself."

 

 

 

"You too, sudy hard okay?"

 

 

"Of course. Don't work too much omma, you'll get sick if you do that."

 

 

 

"Neh."

 

 

"You too appa."

 

 

 

"Arasso."

 

 

 

"Write me a letter or call Aunt Ji Eung, I left my phone it's for you to use it. I already told Sanghyun to teach you how to use it. I'll be calling you if I reached Seoul, and will check you if I have time okay?"

 

 

 

"Okay okay. Take care there, and eat a lot."

 

 

 

"You too, eat heartily, eat more vegetables appa!"

 

 

 

"You know I don't like vegetables."

 

 

 

"But you have to!"

 

 

 

"Arasso, okay okay. Stop lecturing me and go now."

 

 

 

Aunt Ji Eung honked so it's the signal that we really have to go. I was about to leave when mom held my hand and caught my attention. "Omma?"

 

 

 

"We love you Sandara."

 

 

 

"I love you both too."

 

 

 

*A/N okay i promise there will be no more drama after this chapter! aigoo is it boring? T____T pls share this! we need more subscribers and comments keke! ~ comments and subscriptions are highly appreciated. saranghaeyo! <3