JOB3- Bom's shopping spree

JUST ONE BEAT

 

SANDARA'S P.O.V

 

 

 

 

*sigh*

 

 

Tomorrow I will leave Busan and go to Seoul with Aunt Ji Eung. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful because she is doing a big favor for me. She has given me a way to follow my dreams. But I am deeply saddened because Sanghyun is going to be left alone. Who's he going to share his feelings with? Who's he going to tell stories to? Who's gonna cook his favorite meal when he's hungry?

 

 

I was on the verge of crying when I heard Sanghyun knock. Good thing I was packing my bags and got my back to the door. I wiped the tears in my eyes and continued fixing my things.

 

 

"Noona." he called again. This time, I faced him, and I smiled, and it required a lot of effort. I hope it doesn't look fake.

 

 

He smiled back but without teeth, and walked slowly and hugged me. "Noona promise me you're going to take care of yourself."

 

 

This time I couldn't hold back my tears. I just sobbed quietly, afraid that umma or appa will hear.

 

 

He broke the hug. "Don't cry noona, you're going to reach your dreams. You should be happy."

 

 

I sniffed. "I'll tell you what, I'm going to get you a guitar soon whenever I have the money. So that I won't be the only one chasing for my dreams. Let's do this together okay dongsaeng?" He just smiled, nodded and hugged me again.

 

 

 

 

 

JIYONG'S P.O.V

 

 

 

 

*Ring ring ring ring*

 

 

"Annyeong? Ah ahjussi."

 

'Your father expects to see you in his office, we have assisted the driver there to drive you here.'

 

I sighed. "Neh, I'll be there in a few minutes." then I hung up.

 

 

Why do I have to go there? Why can't he just go here? Why can't he even call me, not the secretary? Ahhhh that old man. I haven't even eaten yet. I just changed my clothes. Proper ones so I won't get scolded by my also strict father.

 

 

"Seungri-ah! I'll leave later." I shouted since he's in his room.

 

 

"Oh... hyung, you haven't eaten right? Where are you headed to?" he peaked from his room wearing pajamas and bunny slippers. I half-smiled.

 

 

"I'll just eat out. Appa wants to see me. I'll leave you now?"

 

 

"Nehhh. Take care hyong!" he waved then closed his door. Weird kid never fails to amuse me.

 

 

I went outside and sure enough the driver was waiting already. He bowed and opened the door. Thoughts spiraled in my head about why he wants to talk to me urgently. I'm guessing this is about college. Again. I hope they just let it go. I have my own dreams. This made me want to swear at the driver.

 

 

The door opened suddenly and I realized we were in front of our company's building. I sometimes hated the sight of this infrastructure. The man holding the door open bowed and I went inside. A lady rushed into my side and bowed too. "Master Jiyong, Mr. Kwon is waiting for you at his office." I just nodded and went to the elevator. The elevator boy pushed the 50th floor. Aish, I can do things by myself. I hated having helpers all the time. Finally reached his office and several other office women also bowed. I knocked on his door.

 

 

"Come in."

 

 

"Appa, you asked me to come here?"

 

 

"Sit down Jiyong." he cleared his throat and I knew what he was going to say will take ages. "You already know why I called you. It's because of your next step in your studies."

 

 

I didn't speak yet.

 

 

"Here is the list of the top universities in Seoul. You must understand that you are the heir of this company..."

 

 

"I've told you and umma before, even if those are the best universities in here, I want to study music. That is my passion. You can't just push me-"

 

 

"Jiyong! I'm not finished talking yet. Give respect to your father!" he was furious again. This is why I hated going to this building in the first place. I let out a huge gust of wind and just looked at the floor. "I'm getting old son. You can't expect me to run this place forever. This is for your future too. This is not just for me. You will have a big name in this industry. But if it were up to me to choose, Kang Soo offers the most promising background when it comes to Business studies. Even topping other Universities outside Korea."

 

 

"I already know that."

 

 

With that, he just looked at me bitterly.

 

 

"I want to go to Music school. I don't care if it's prestigious or not.... I.. need to think all of this through."

 

 

"You can't negotiate with this, this is final. As for your thoughts on things, I'll give you a day to arrange your emotions about going to college. If you don't like what I picked for you, pick other schools from that list. Fix that mind-set of yours about the zero possibility of you going to music school. You can talk to me again after you have accepted your fate to study in one of those universities. You can go now." and with that our conversation was over, he just continued to sign papers in his desk. If I was really stubborn, my dad would still be number 1 on that list. Maybe I got it from him.

 

 

With fists clenched, I walked out from his office and just ignored the people in that damned building.

 

 

 

 

BOM'S P.O.V

 

 

 

 

"Where are we headed to, miss?"

 

 

"Take me to Times Square please."

 

 

"Right away miss." said the driver with a smile.

 

 

I dialled Mom's number. Ahhhh maybe Umma's in the spa again, it's taking her too long to pick up. "Yaaaa umma umma pick up pick up!!"

 

'YAAAAA young woman are you shouting at me?!' I almost dropped my phone. I didn't realize my mom was already in the other line. -___-"

 

"OH! Mianhe umma." I giggled. "Umma! Im going to the mall."

 

'Aish, you're shopping again?! You just shopped last week?!"

 

"Ummaaaaa school's about to start!! I need new clothes!"

 

'*sigh* Neh neh. Did you ask the driver to drive you there?'

 

"Neh. He'll wait for me to get finished too. Annyong umma, I'll call you again when I get home."

 

'Neh I'm just here in the spa. Bye.'

 

 

I thought so. Whenever mom's not at home or in our company she's always in the spa. My parents are not at home a lot, but it doesn't really matter because we are so close to each other. They let me do what I want to do, not like my other friends who also have fortunate ways of living but have strict parents because of their businesses. They don't pressure me to work for the company. They even support my singing aspirations, they have hired the best vocal trainers for me. Oh, I'm Bom by the way, my friends call me Bommie just to tease me.

 

 

I have arrived in the mall and resisted the urge to eat at one of the ice cream stores I passed by. Anyo. I just want to shop. Period. I already bought cute dog outfits for Summer, my new pet, and a handbag and two pairs of shoes. Now I want a dress. I spotted a peach-colored one-shoulder dress in a shop and quickly went in.

 

 

Someone else grabbed the dress and I quickly held it too.

 

 

"YA." the guys said with a stiff look. WAIT, A GUY?! BUYING A DRESS?

 

 

"Ya. I saw this first!"

 

 

"I held it first, so please get another dress."

 

 

"Anyo, I want this dress!!"

 

 

"I'm already buying it so go away."

 

 

"Bo?! You're a guy!! Why would you want a dress?!!"

 

 

He just looked at me for three seconds with no expression and then laughed like crazy.

 

 

"What? Whattt?! Why are you laughing?!"

 

 

"Nothing." he just smiled and suppressed his laugh. "I wasn't buying this for myself."

 

 

"Good, because I am. Now give it to me."

 

 

"I'm buying it for my sister. Now if you don't want to look like an older noona I'm buying this. Annyong!" then he grabbed the dress and walked swiftly over to the cashier, smiling as he went.

 

 

"Y-yaaa!! AISH!!" I even dropped my other shopping bags. I couldn't run because I was wearing heels!! AISH. And he was so tall!!! The guy had long legs!! AISH!! I stormed out of the store. I needed the ice cream!! I wanted that dress so bad!!!

 

 

 

 

 

TOP'S P.O.V

 

 

 

 

"Ya noona."

 

 

"Top, where have you been?"

 

 

"To the mall. I have a present for you."

 

 

"Ohhhh kansamnida!"

 

 

"Nehh I even had a fight with one of the girls there." I laughed.

 

 

"Silly boy! I'm going to cook food for us. Look out for your nephew while I cook. Oh one more thing, have you talked with umma and appa about college?"

 

 

"Neh noona. I have applied for universities I liked."

 

 

She smiled and nodded. "Good. I'll just be right back."

 

 

I still can't stop myself from laughing at the girl in the mall. She must've cracked her heels just because of the dress.

 

 

I visited my sister because my parents are in a business meeting outside the country, this will help me pass the time. Start of classes is still weeks away and I'm getting bored and bored. I just pass the time by playing with my nephew, who right now is sleeping in his crib. Aish what to do now. Maybe I'll just wake him up.

 

 

 

 

 

*a/n annyong, here's TOPBOM. Hope you enjoyed! ~marianne