NOTE TO SELF: Never go shopping with Kris again

Superiority Complex

 

“Hurry up,” Kris growls as he pulls me violently through the shopping mall.
 
It's about a block away from the school.
 
Students were only allowed to walk over to the mall if their parents had given them written consent to do so.
 
Throughout the course of the day I scan longingly through the shops, staring at the perfumes, earrings, shirts, pants, hats, bags.
 
Stupid Kris.
 
I suppose its nice to be out of the school grounds for a change, but I was counting on today to catch up all that work.
 
The morning was spent in relative awkward silence.
 
Kris seemed to attract every girl in the shopping centre, attention I really didn't want.
 
It all went downhill when he met up with the rest of the squad.
 
Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kai joined in halfway through the shopping expedition.
 
“We’re going for coffee, then we’re all shopping together. You’ll be carrying bags for the day,” Kris tells me.
 
I want to groan, but I can't with all of them watching me like this.
 
Even if they don't know any martial arts, I know they'll overpower me anyway.
 
Kris is just too tall.
 
I can't stand the judgement in their eyes; it's as if they are assessing my every move, ready to swoop in and laugh if I even put a toe out of line.
 
My arms feel like they are going to drop off. 
 
And that's saying something considering my arm muscles are pretty strong.
 
I'm actually embarrassed with how much I like shopping, but this was torture.
 
“Nerd, in here," Kris calls.
 
I scowl.
 
Why can't he just call me by my name?
 
I am whisked across the mall, almost getting hit by a trolley and a pram in my line of movement.
 
Of course everyone moves for Kris, but they're all just happy running me over.
 
Hang on a second...
 
Gucci.
 
The Gucci shop stands right next to whatever shop Kris is interested in going to.
 
I don't even care anymore.
 
Sometimes I can't help but express my excitement through a series of shrill pterodactyl screeches.
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?” Kris says, snapping a finger in front of my face.
 
I stand, stunned.
 
"What?"
 
Kris sifts his way through the rows and rows of shirts and jackets, taking about thirty minutes to make it through even one section.
 
Meanwhile, I'm quite content staring with my mouth hanging open at the various bags that I wish i could afford.
 
“Hey Nerd, I’ve picked,” comes Kris’ deep y voice about two hours later.
 
I look at my watch.
 
I really hadn’t realised I had been gaping and spacing out for that long.
 
“Ah, OK.”
 
I take the shirt off him an walk over to the cashier.
 
My jaw drops at the price.
 
I can't afford this. It's my allowance for a month.
 
Kris eyes me expectantly, and I feel flustered.
 
I get out my credit card and watch sadly as all my money is scanned away.
 
Well, I suppose I'll have to live off ramen and feral cafeteria food for the rest of the semester.
 
Where do they get the kind of money to afford this anyway?
 
Much to my dismay, upon returning practically starved and exhausted as a bag-carrying slave,  I find Chanyeol and his strange friends have decided that they would congregate in our room and interrogate me about my social affairs.
 
“How did it go?” Kyungsoo asks.
 
“Meh.”
 
I'm far too tired to form logical sentences.
 
“I’m so jealous Tao, I mean you actually got to hang out with them," Sehun waves his arms in the air like a crazy person.
 
“Did you know how much that shirt cost?” I begin, stuffing my face in my pillow in an attempt to suffocate myself.
 
“It’s like to be a member of their group you have to own like five hotels and have a truckload of cash just hanging in your pockets!” I complain.
 
“Stupid Kris. There goes half my allowance for the semester!”
 
“Aw, poor baby,” Chanyeol cooes.
 
“At least you got to see Baekhyun’s .”
 
I don't respond to this. I'd rather Chanyeol not lose his with me as well.
 
After all, Chanyeol gets very possessive of a boy that he's too scared to talk to in person. So possessive, in fact, that he acts like one of those seagulls from ‘Finding Nemo’ with a repetitive stream of ‘Mine! Mine!’ escaping his lips.
 
I do not need another round of spastic eye twitches and strange noises. I get enough of that when I'm trying to sleep and Chanyeol's making weird whale sounds.
 
“But seriously Tao, how did it go?” Sehun repeats.
 
I shrug.
 
“Kris made me carry all of their bags. That Luhan…. oh my God. He kept buying the heaviest crap. I don’t even know why he bought that PlayStation.” I groan.
 
“All Baekhyun wanted to buy was that retarded book ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’, and stick after stick of eyeliner.”
 
Chanyeol quirks an eyebrow at this. 
 
Perhaps he was getting some hot ideas for the fictional he had with Baekhyun in his mind?
 
Gross.
 
“Kris didn’t even go into the Gucci store! I mean, how unbelievable is that?” I growl to them all, waving my arms in the air exasperatedly.
 
"I have so much work to do and now my day's completely wasted."
 
Sehun looks at me sympathetically.
 
"You're still doing all of Kris' homework, right? Why don't you just say no?" He asks.
 
"I can't. I need him to help me with English."
 
"But your grade isn't even getting better. It's actually getting worse," Chanyeol points out.
 
"Thanks for that."
 
Sarcasm.
 
“What's so great about Gucci?” Kyungsoo asks.
 
Words cannot describe.
 
“What’s so good about Gucci? Oh. My. God. Have you not seen the bags? The perfume? The hats, the ties the shoes? Gucci is like heaven on earth…”  I purr.
 
Sehun slaps me in the face and Kyungsoo pours a glass of water over me.
 
I realize I was probably fanboying a little too hard.
 
“, what was that for?” I yell.
 
Stupid, ing friends. How I hated them so.
 
“And he’s back,” Chanyeol remarks.
 
We decide to spend the remainder of the afternoon completing our left over homework in front of Chanyeol’s television, while Chanyeol watches Star Wars for perhaps the six billionth time.
 
Chanyeol knows all the lines, and does them in different voices.
 
Don't even get me started when it comes to the weird alien sounds he makes.
 
It's not sane.
 
 
 
I don't expect awakening at two thirty in the morning by a light tap on the door that Chanyeol couldn’t hear because he was snoring too loud.
 
Or the pair of lips that grace my cheek as I am handed what looks like one of the most expensive bags from the Gucci store, by none other than the tall blonde himself.