CHAPTER 17

The Promise []

"JUNSU!!!" Yunho yelled as he witnessed Junsu falling on his side.

He was able to grab Junsu before the frail looking lad hit the floor. A sudden panic and whirl of emotions flooded in Yunho's body as he felt the hotness of Junsu's skin against his. He touched the young man's forehead and gulped, Junsu was burning.

Sweat started to roll on the sides of his forehead as he lifted Junsu in bridal style. Yunho's brows furrowed as he noticed that Junsu was not heavy as he thought he was. He kicked the popcorn that was on his feet and rushed out of the room and into his car as soon as possible and drove off to the nearest hospital.

Yunho managed to sigh in relief but he was still really worried. Even though Junsu was being checked up and was now being assisted, he can't help but get really worried. He paced back and forth in front of the room where Junsu was rushed to. Clasping a handful of his hair as he continued to pace, Yunho wondered of what was the cause why Junsu fainted in the first place.

It would have been better if Junsu told him that he wasn't feeling good or something. Or if there was something that was bothering the younger man, he could have told Yunho. Maybe, he could help out or lend him a hand.

He gave his watch an irritated look. Where's YooChun? What's taking him so long?

He immediately called YooChun when he reached the hospital in order to tell him of what had happened to his best friend. Yunho was thinking that YooChun's going to yell at his face for not taking good care of Junsu. But he doesn't really know what was bothering Junsu. And it was so sudden when Junsu fainted. He was lucky that he managed to catch the young man and brought him to the hospital as fast as he could.

*****

Jae Joong and YooChun had a hearty meal and were now watching some show on TV. They were both seated comfortably at the sofa. They would laugh and snicker at the same time and sometimes both would turn to look at each other and smile. The atmosphere was filled with silence and also with warmth. Jae Joong managed to snuggle closer to YooChun and the younger man smiled as he noticed his lover making a move.

He thought of a better tactic to do in return. YooChun tried stifling a yawn and stretched his arms as wide as he could. Landing his right arm on the back of the sofa, he tried to snake an arm over Jae Joong's shoulder. He was about to get hold of Jae Joong's arm, when he heard the older man giggle.

"Yah, you don't have to do that you know. Pretending to stretch and all... It's.. It's...."

Jae Joong noticed what YooChun was trying to do. He tried to stifle his giggles and waited for Yoochun to finish making his move but he just can't hold it anymore. So he just suddenly giggled which made YooChun pout.

"Jae~ I'm not good at this, you see.. " YooChun even added his puppy eyes with his pout. This made Jae Joong giggle even more.

Jae Joong covered his mouth as he continued to giggle until he laughed. YooChun just watched him with a pout still on his face but with a mesmerized look in both of his eyes. Jae Joong was such a beauty. Such a breath taking creature that you would never get tired of looking at. And YooChun wants to give himself a big thumbs up, a good pat on his back and a high five for finding someone like Jae Joong. In short, he was proud of himself for snatching someone like him. He sure is a very lucky man.

"Jae~" YooChun managed to whine

Jae Joong continued to laugh and he could feel his cheeks getting a bit painful and heavy. But he ignored it anyway. This was the first time he felt that he could laugh as madly as this. He knows well that he was YooChun's first boyfriend (And he was aware that Junsu was Yoochun's first love) and that YooChun wasn't really experienced and an expert when it comes to things like this. And somehow, Jae Joong was a bit glad. He sure did think that his relationship with YooChun would turn out to be something uniquely different with his relationship before. He finds it funny and amusing on how YooChun tries his best to be a good and a patient lover. And he also loves YooChun's ignorance and dorkiness.

"I know what you were trying to do, Chun~ when we first entered the apartment and when you led me in your room" Jae Joong teased as he poked YooChun's chest

This made Yoochun blush as he lowered his head. "I.. was.. I didn't know how .. to"

"Look at me Chun. Look at me as you talk" Jae Joong commanded nicely as he tried lifting YooChun's face.

YooChun trembled at Jae Joong's touch. He hesitantly turned his gaze towards his lover and managed to grin bashfully.

"I'm sorry..... I really didn't mean to..--"

Jae Joong hushed Yoochun up by placing his finger against the younger man's lips. "Are you ready to do it with me?"

This statement made YooChun blush as red as tomato. And he choked on his own saliva.

He wasn't really sure about it. When he brought Jae Joong to his room, he was having doubts of doing it with Jae.

First, since he wasn't an expert and he never experienced it before. Second, Jae Joong might think that he was some desperate monster. Third, he was.. Having doubts, many doubts.

YooChun wasn't really sure if they should really do it. He knows that it was a common thing for lovers who were in love to do. But.....is it really right?

Before YooChun could open his mouth to talk, he got lost as he met Jae Joong's gaze. He was being pulled in. He was being in. He feels like he was hypnotized. With no sudden urge of looking or pulling away, he leaned closer and closer to Jae Joong. And Jae Joong leaned closer too. Their lips were few inches apart.....

A sudden tone interrupted the moment and YooChun managed to snap out of his daze. He groaned inwardly. He and Jae Joong we're almost there, they're about to kiss. He darted his gaze towards his phone on the table in front of them and sighed in irritation as he answered it.

"Hello?"

A familiar voice answered back and this somehow made YooChun's mood change. It was Yunho. And when it's Yunho, Junsu's involved.

"YooChun-ah, I need you here in the hospital quick! Jun.. Junsu! He fainted and I... I.. "

Yunho continued to blab and Yoochun listened to him carefully. A sudden panicky feeling rouse inside of him. Junsu fainted?! Why?

As soon as Yunho hanged up. Yoochun immediately stood up from the couch. Jae Joong gave him a questioning look "Chun, what's wrong?"

Yoochun's hands trembled "Jun..su, he fainted. I'm.. Going to the hos..pital"

Jae Joong grabbed YooChun's arm before he could walk off. "I'm coming with you" he pleaded and YooChun didn't decline.

They both went out of the apartment and headed to the hospital.

*****
Yunho was running out of patience. The doctor hasn't called his attention yet and YooChun wasn't around. He wanted to know if Junsu's fine. And he needs YooChun in case if Junsu will look for him.

He continued to pace around the waiting area and after awhile he heard footsteps running. He raised his head and found YooChun running towards his direction with someone following behind him.

"Yunho-ah! Ho..How's Junsu..?" YooChun inquired, panting.

Yunho remained quiet for a moment. He gazed towards the room where Junsu was and sighed "I've been waiting for the doctor. He's still in there"

Yoochun ran a hand over his hair as he closed his eyes tightly "Why did he faint?"

"I'm sorry YooChun-ah. I don't know. It was too sudden. We we're just watching a movie and the next thing I know he fainted"

YooChun settled himself in a chair. Maybe, it's not that critical and Junsu's going to be fine. Junsu's healthy after all. His best friend was healthy ever since. And there was never an occasion where Junsu fainted or got sick. This was the first time.

"Chun..." Jae Joong cooed softly as he sat next to his boyfriend

Though he fully knows that Yunho was with them. Jae Joong managed to ignore him. But when YooChun and Yunho talked, Jae Joong felt that his heart pounded nervously. This was the first time he got near him ever since he left. And Yunho changed. Though he looked the same but there was just something in him that changed.

"Junsu's going to be fine" he urged as he gave YooChun's shoulder a squeeze. YooChun smiled meekly in return.

Abruptly, the door of the room where Junsu was at, swung open. Immediately, YooChun and Yunho went straight to the doctor.

"Who's the patients' relative here?"

Before Yunho could open his mouth and say something, YooChun beat him first "I am"

"Well, come with me sir. I have something to ask and tell you"

YooChun nodded his head and turned around to look at Jae Joong "Stay with Yunho here, Jae. I'll be back"

YooChun gave Yunho a knowing smile. And Yunho understood it and nodded his head in reply.

-----

When YooChun was out of sight, Jae Joong held his breath. Why should he be left alone with Yunho here? Oh God, he could already picture it out. Yunho's going to strangle him to death or would yell at his face about what he'd done before.

Jae Joong bit his lip as Yunho took a seat next to him. Both of Yunho's elbows rested on his knees and his hands were clasped together.

"I just hope that Junsu's fine" Yunho mumbled

Jae Joong gulped and watched Yunho from the corner of his eyes. He gathered all of his courage as he placed a trembling hand on Yunho's shoulder "Yeah, he will be"

The contact of his hand against Yunho's shoulder made Jae Joong shiver in some way. It was not right for him to touch Yunho, that's what he thought. But he just couldn't help it, he longed to see him after a long time and he thought that this could help Yunho calm down.

"Just calm down. It's not that critical, right?" Jae Joong asked coolly. But the truth was, he was refraining his voice to be shaky.

Yunho shook his head "No, I think not" He raised his gaze and met with Jae Joong's. "By the way, I'm Jung Yunho. It's good to finally meet you in person"

Yunho extended a hand for Jae Joong to shake. And Jae Joong looked at it suspiciously. Was he acting nice? Or pretending to be one?

Instead of shaking Yunho's hand, Jae Joong asked "You've seen me before?"

"Yeah, at Lotte World. I was supposed to be introduced to you there but I left. I had some matters to attend to"

Jae Joong felt his heart sank. What's with Yunho? Why is he acting so nice and like a stranger as if like nothing happened between them before?

Jae Joong's sure that this was the Jung Yunho he'd been with. This was his high school sweetheart. And he has no doubts. But why is it that, something's not right. As if, Yunho doesn't remember him. Is he only pretending that he doesn't know him?

"Yunho-shii..." Jae Joong began "Besides from Lotte World. Have we met somewhere else before?"

Yunho pursed his lips as he tried reminisced. Then after awhile, he shook his head "No. The first time I saw you was when I was with Junsu at Lotte World. Why?"

Jae Joong's eyes began to feel hot. He tried blinking the tears away. His stomach churned. He bit his tongue trying to fight the urge of talking to Yunho about their past. Jae Joong tried to focus his attention to something else and not to Yunho. What's with this? Is this some kind of ridiculous game his pulling off? How come...

"Jae Joong-shii? Am I right?"

Jae Joong turned his head around. He could feel that his heart went wild as he got to look deeply at Yunho's chocolate orbs. When Yunho said his name, he felt some kind of magnetic force trying to pull him in "Yes?"

"You haven't shaken my hand yet..."

Jae Joong looked down and he blushed a bit as he noticed that Yunho's hand was still there.

He locked his hand with Yunho's, firmly and gently shaking it, Jae Joong felt a bolt of electricity ran throughout his entire body. After a long time, he touched Yunho again. But instead of feeling satisfied, Jae Joong felt empty. It was because, for some unknown reason, Yunho doesn't remember him. But why's that? Maybe, just maybe he's pretending.

When they let go of each other's hands, Yunho smiled at Jae Joong. A smile that Jae Joong never received from Yunho before. It was the kind of smile that Yunho gives to a stranger. And Jae Joong felt that his heart just got torn into pieces as he saw that smile. He was not Yunho's ex-lover anymore. He was a stranger.

*****
YooChun followed the doctor and stopped in his tracks as the doctor paused and turned around to face him.

YooChun was about to open his mouth to talk but the doctor began.....

"The patient.....has he been eating well?"

YooChun hesitantly nodded his head "Yes, I think so. He's very energetic. This was the very first time he fainted"

Though he wasn't sure of what he said but YooChun was sure that Junsu was never admitted to the hospital ever since.

"I see" the doctor said, nodding "But Mr...?"

"Park" YooChun added quickly

The doctor cleared his throat "Mr. Park, we examined the patient and as the results shows, the patient's stressed and has been skipping his meals. But I'll make this clear; his condition is not that critical, it was just almost close to ulcer. All he needs is some medications and he needs to eat properly again. He should just rest for tonight and by tomorrow he could go"

YooChun nodded his head. He feels really, really, and much relieved now.

But a sudden jolt of guilt ran through his entire body and he feels responsible of this. He should have checked if Junsu was doing fine. He was supposed to be the big brother and it is his task to look after Junsu. But it was good to know that Junsu's condition wasn't really that critical.

"Are you sure that you're a relative of the patient or maybe of another patient?" the doctor asked out of the blue

"I'm his cousin." YooChun lied "And no, I don't know any other relatives of mine in here"

The doctor nodded his head as if he was convinced and bowed to YooChun before dismissing his self.

*****

YooChun, Yunho and Jae Joong were all huddled inside Junsu's room. Yunho immediately took a seat next to the bed and gave Junsu a worried look.

"Are you feeling okay now?"

Junsu nodded his head weakly.

Now that YooChun's seeing it, he noticed that his best friend had really become thin. What in the world was with Junsu? He shouldn't have stressed his self that much with work or with anything. And what's with not eating properly? It's unusual if Junsu's going on some diet. He loves food too much just to ignore it. There's something wrong with him. Something awfully wrong.

"Hey Su" Yoochun said softly

Junsu looked up. And he was a bit shocked to find YooChun there "Chun, why are you here?"

"I called for him." Yunho replied flashing Junsu a smile and then at YooChun and Jae Joong.

Jae Joong stiffened for a moment. He wanted to get out of this room as soon as possible. He was getting sick and somewhat he feels nauseous. He can't manage to breathe the same air as Jung Yunho. There was just something that really pains him inside and that crumbles his heart after seeing Yunho once again.

It was the feeling of being denied.

It was sort of a payback. For 2 years, he tried denying Yunho and even considered that he didn't exist. And now that he finally saw him up close, Yunho was denying him. And he somehow couldn't accept that. Why's that?

No, he shouldn't let his guard down. Yunho was good in showing off his poker face. If Yunho was pretending of not knowing him, then he should do the same too. Even though it would take up a lot of courage and strength for him to do so.

"Oh" Junsu nodded his head and smiled "Hi there Jae!"

Jae Joong managed to smile back "Hi, Su"

"Have you met Yunho already?"

Jae Joong bit his lip "Uh, yeah... we talked with each other a while ago"

"You know, he has a Japanese iris too. The same one you gave to YooChun"

Jae Joong's smile almost turned into a frown.

Japanese iris? He has one?

---

The four of them chatted for a while like good old friends. Laughter filled the room. Though it was obvious that one is feeling awkward towards the other but it somehow vanished as they continued to chat.

"Can I look after Junsu for the night?" YooChun asked

All eyes were on him. Yunho looked at Junsu and then at YooChun "Of course.... But how about.."

"Jae, is it okay if I'll stay here? Or you want to say with me and Junsu?"

Jae Joong smiled thinly. He wants to stay here. But.....something was pulling him back "It's fine Chun. I know you miss Junsu"

YooChun gave out a soft chuckle as he gave Jae Joong a peck on the cheek "Yunho-ah, is it okay if Jae Joong goes with you? I hope it's not that much to ask..."

Yunho shook his head as he waved his hands "No, it's okay YooChun-ah"

Yunho turned to look at Junsu and patted his hand carefully. He gave him a smile before kissing his forehead and bid him goodbye.

Jae Joong could only widen his eyes in horror. First, since he was going to be alone with Yunho again. And second, that kiss, the kiss he gave Junsu, it once belonged to him and he missed it.

*****

The roaring of the engine was echoing throughout Jae Joong's mind. He stared blankly outside the window and didn't bother to say a word to Yunho ever since the beginning of the ride. He just doesn't want to have that weird and painful feeling again.

He watched as the traffic lights flicker from red to green. He examined the people they pass by and thought that if they were on his position, what would they do? Would they do the same?

For 2 years of trying to move on, of trying to get over him, of trying to forget him, Jae Joong still feels and still longs to have Yunho back. But he knows well that it's really impossible. He made a huge mistake and he can't turn things around. Maybe, having YooChun was the right thing. But how come that he feels something... something unexplainable. As if, it's not right. Something's not right.

"Is this it Jae Joong-ah?"

Jae Joong snapped out of his daze as he turned to look at Yunho. And he swears that if he just didn't control his self at that time, he could have kissed him. He gulped before turning to look outside the window. Yes, it was his home alright.

"Uh, yes. This is it. Thank you so much Yunho-shii"

He was about to open the door "You own that flower shop?"

Jae Joong turned around and replied "Uhm, yeah."

He waited for Yunho to reply but he didn't. So he got out of the car and bowed before closing it. Yunho gave a little bow and waved his hand before dashing out of sight.

That night, when Jae Joong was in his bed. He lied there silently as he stared at the ceiling. Was this karma he was experiencing? Was that it?

Yunho. Was he really pretending? If he was, what did he felt when he saw him? Was he mad? Was he a bit happy too? Did he even feel anything?

Suddenly and slowly, tears came out of Jae Joong's eyes. He was now holding a picture in front of his face.

They were both sitting down. Yunho was behind Jae Joong hugging him so tightly. Yunho's head was placed on Jae Joong's right shoulder and Jae Joong was leaning back against Yunho. They were showing off the goofiest and the happiest smile they've ever had.

He flipped the picture over and more tears flooded his eyes as he read the one sentenced message.

"I was born to love you, Joongie ;)" - Yunho