Getting To Know You

It's Complicated

 

The dance teacher walked out of the dance studio. With the departure of the teacher, the students were officially dismissed. Hyoyeon wondered if she should approach Eunhyuk and maybe make friends with him. However, before she even started moving, Eunhyuk has already started moving in her direction.

“Hyo! Shall we go for tea break together?” Sooyoung nudged Hyoyeon out of her reverie.

“Oh sure!” Hyoyeon smiled at her best friend. The two friends linked their arms together and headed for the door.

“Hyoyeon-ssi!” a voice came from behind Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.

They two girls turned around. In front of them were Eunhyuk, and another guy----Kris.

“Neh!” said Hyoyeon, “Eunhyuk Sunbae, Kris-ssi.”

“You did really great earlier on! Do you mind joining both of us for tea? Maybe we can discuss a little on dance moves over tea. Sooyoung-ssi, you too”, Eunhyuk extend his invitation. The two girls looked at each other, and then agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “Soo! OMG I have so much to tell you! How do you find Eunhyuk sunbae? Isn’t he just so funny and cute and ahhh...I think I’m in love Soo!” Hyoyeon exclaimed over the phone.

See Choi Sooyoung! Hyoyeon is in love with that guy! The guy that you think you’re also in love with. The thought ran through Sooyoung’s mind.

“I bet you are blushing!” Sooyoung replied, trying to hide the pain away with a laugh; “How do you find Kris-ssi?” Sooyoung continued, trying to change the subject.

“He’s pretty nice I guess. And kinda quiet, but he’ll be the perfect choice as your boyfriend!” Hyoyeon chuckled.

“Yah Kim Hyoyeon! What boyfriend!” Sooyoung shouted into the phone. “I think he will be a fine guy friend though... He seems really nice... and patient.”

“Now who is the one blushing,” Hyoyeon giggled. “Nevermind Kris-ssi. Back to Eunhyuk! Did you see the way he dance. Isn’t he Oh-so-ever-charming. I’ve never seen a guy with dance moves so slick before. Ahhh!!! I can’t stand it! I really wanna know him more! I wanna learn more on dance from him. Soo ah, do you think he is dating anyone?” Hyoyeon went on.

“Hyo... He’s a sunbae afterall; moreover, we haven’t known him for long. We need to know him better.” As Sooyoung delivered the words, she made a mental note to herself to remember what she is saying to Hyoyeon. He is a sunbae afterall. We aren’t even sure if he is a flirt or a playboy. Time... we  need time...

The two friends continued their conversation into late night. But neither of them mentioned anything more about the two guys they had tea with in the afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day at school, after their lessons, the two best friends went to the dance studio for the dance session.

“Class, settle down. I have an announcement to make! As part of the school’s founders day celebration, we will be putting up a dance performance in front of the whole school as usual. However, this year will be a little more different. I happened to chance upon the fact that our dance society have an equal number of boys as girls. So this year, I propose that each guy invite a girl to be their dance partner. Meanwhile, for the rest of today’s lessons, you guys are allowed to practice on your own. For the juniors, do get to know your seniors better.” The teacher’s voice echoed through the room; a little while later, she left the dance studio.

Chatterings began in the class, while some students pick their way around to a corner in class to practice on their own. Hyoyeon pulled Sooyoung up and then made their way to a quiet corner in the dance studio.

“Soo ah... I wonder who he will pick as his dance partner,” Hyoyeon said, her tone hopeful, yet uncertain.

“It’s ok Hyo,” Sooyoung replied. A tiny part of her wishes for Eunhyuk to pick her. But another part of her wishes that Eunhyuk will pick Hyoyeon instead. She wants her best friend to be happy.

~Hyoyeon’s perspective~

Haish, will he pick me... I mean... what am I to him. Just a mere junior who can dance. Kim Hyoyeon ah, so what if he actually ask you out for tea yesterday. Maybe he was just interested in your dance moves and was trying to find out where you learned it from. *pats face with palms*wake up Hyoyeon. Don’t think too much!

~Eunhyuk’s perspective~

In... invite a girl...? Will she agree to be my partner? I mean... she’s so easygoing she may just think of me as a friend, senior and nothing more. But...but I should at least try right? You can’t get a girl without trying. Lee HyukJae! What are you waiting for! You take her and get Kris to take Sooyoung-ssi! Hmm... Look at him! He is obviously hesitating to ask her.

“Tsk tsk! Kris ah! What are you waiting for! I know you want to ask Sooyoung! Go go go! I’ll be asking Hyoyeon out anyway. Hurry up before any other guys ask her!” Eunhyuk nudged Kris.

~Kris’s perspective~

Hyung...you don’t understand. The guy Sooyoung-ssi wants to partner with is you... I can feel it. Hyung... I know you like Hyoyeon-ssi. I wish you both happiness then.

With that, Kris sighed silently to himself and moved from his spot.

 

My dear subscribers :) Thank you for being so ever patient with me. I'll try to write whenever I can. 2013 will be a really busy year for me :/ But I promise I'll do my best :D Happy New Year darlings :D I hope you guys don't mind me calling you that :P You guys are so sweet and kind as to follow my story :)