初遇:When they first met

It's Complicated

 

No one knew how the two girls became best friends. They just did! Well, maybe they wouldn’t have if not for that minor incident that happened back when they were in elementary school…

At 5 years old, Choi Sooyoung was a quiet girl, always sitting in a corner, a book in hands. She’s what people thought of to be an outcast, one who doesn’t mix in with the others, never playing with her schoolmates. But no one knows of Sooyoung’s thoughts. She was insecure, afraid of getting to know people, afraid of having conversations.

Of course, with the type of quiet character that she carries about in school, she was often bullied by her schoolmates. Until one day, this little girl one year older changed her life.

~Flashback~

“Yah Choi Sooyoung! Being a teacher’s pet again?” A group of three girls cornered the petite girl.

“I…I…am not…not a teacher’s pet!” Sooyoung mumbled, afraid that the three girls surrounding her would hurt her.

“Aww…look gals! Someone’s scared!” the leader of the three laughed.

“What are the three of you doing?” A voice hollered from behind.

“Seon…seongsaengnim…umm nothing! We were just joking around with Sooyoung!” the trio shrank back with fear in the presence of their teacher. Beside the teacher was a girl. She looks about Sooyoung’s age.

“The three of you, follow me to my office!” The teacher commanded.

The three of them walked away with her, while the girl who was with the teacher earlier on stayed behind.

“Gwaenchanayo?” The girl asked.

“Yes I am fine. Thank you so much,” Sooyoung replied.

“Glad you are fine! Hyoyeon! Kim Hyoyeon!” the girl said, with her hands held out, ready for a handshake.

“Choi Sooyoung imida!” Sooyoung said. Slowly, she moved her hand to meet those of Hyoyeon’s. This was the first time someone had ever been so nice to her in school. Hyoyeon have brown long hair, similar to that of Sooyoung’s. The smile on her lips are so ever sweet, so ever warm and charming.

“Do you want to go for lunch together?” Hyoyeon asked. This is also the first time someone ask me to go for lunch together, Sooyoung thought. She nodded her head. For she knows that this girl is someone who is different from the rest.

 

Hyoyeon started elementary school a year after when she was supposed to for her body was not stong enough to allow her to. However, she is the opposite of the healthy Sooyoung! She talks a lot! And she’s really bubbly. She cracks jokes, often making Sooyoung laugh. Not to mention, Sooyoung adores her a lot! Hyoyeon will always be the first to jump in to protect Sooyoung when anyone made fun of her, making sure that this new friend of hers will never be hurt.

With Hyoyeon’s presence, Sooyoung slowly start to open up. She mixes around with different people, and even learnt to play pranks on friends whom she had grown closed to. But obviously, none of those friends will be able to replace Hyoyeon’s position in her heart. If not for this special FIRST friend of hers, she would never have become the Choi Sooyoung that she will become.

The months flew by, Sooyoung learned about Hyoyeon’s likes and dislikes. How much of a hygiene freak she is. Sooyoung also knows that Hyoyeon tends to keep things to herself rather than sharing with people. Hyoyeon did not lose out either. She knows how much Sooyoung loves food and the fact that Sooyoung talks in her sleep.

They knew practically everything about one another, and there was never any secrets between the two of them. This is where you will probably call them best friends; and they are indeed best friends. As the years flew by, their bonds gradually grew stronger. Sooyoung have often thought that without Hyoyeon, she wouldn’t have stepped out of her comfort zone and start to make friends. Thus, hurting Hyoyeon is the last thing she’ll ever do, and she promised herself that she would do whatever she can to make sure that Hyoyeon will never get hurt.

 

 

 

I hope you like my mini intro so far! Give me some comments :D and thank you so much for subscribing even though I am not sure how this will turn out. I'll try to do updates whenever I can (: