Chapter 3.

Letters To Love

Letters To Love

Chapter 3. 

Current Situation

Life for Min Kyung was perfect. She got all the things she wanted, had loving adoptive parents and good friends. She loves her adoptive parents like her own. They too, cared for her like she's their flesh and blood. But of course, as she was approaching the near end of the teen years, the Kim couple was getting older too. Mr Kim was sick often, making Mrs Kim and Min Kyung worried. Min Kyung was told that Mr Kim had contracted a major heart disease when they visited the doctor. Since then, Min Kyung tried her best to watch her father's diet and made sure that he had taken all the necessary medication and therapy. She thought she did it when Mr Kim got better, but sometimes God wants to test us all. 

Min Kyung was at the library at her high school when a call from home came. Her father had a heart attack. With that, she quickly packed her things up and flagged a cab, rushing straight home. Her heart was pounding really hard in nervousness, her hands were clenched together, her eyes were on the verge of tears. She prayed and prayed that her father would be alright, and that her father would live through that heart attack, although she knew it was impossible. Upon reaching her huge home, she quickly paid the money and assured the driver to keep the change. The moment she entered those doors, she dropped her things at the couch in the living room and headed straight to her parent's bedroom at the second level. She burst into the doors, only to see the sight that she was praying not to. Her father left her. 

Mrs Kim was sobbing quietly at the side of the king sized bed, while Min Kyung stood helplessly at the doorway. Slowly, she approached her devasted mother and clung to her for dear life. Tears began to fall the moment she saw how cold and lifeless her father looked. Mrs Kim hugged her and the pair cried till nightfall, not wanting to believe that their precious husband, dad and bestfriend left them. 

------------------------------

The next day, Mrs Kim held a funeral and all of Min Kyung's cousins came, all dressed in black. They were at the cemetry, praying and trying not to show any signs of crying, as they believed that Mr Kim would see them before he bade them his final farewell. Standing under the umbrella that one of her helpers holding, Min Kyung looked at the tombstone of her beloved adoptive father. He had given her all the best he could, shower her with love and things, and mostly, he had been her bestest friend, when Mrs Kim had to go and visit her mother in Korea. 

'Rest in peace, appa. Saranghae.' She whispered softly in her heart, knowing that her father heard it. 

After the funeral, the Kim family went back to the mansion. Mrs Kim looked weak and Min Kyung could see very well that she was trying to not fall apart, just for the sake of her. 

"Umma, go upstairs and take a rest first. You need it." She said softly, holding on to her. 

Mrs Kim nodded weakly and Min Kyung gestured her trusted helper, Sun Hee to bring her mother safely upstairs. Sun Hee took her from her arms and led her to her bedroom, leaving Min Kyung in the living room. Min Kyung sighed and went into the kitchen to take a glass of water. As she gulped down the cold and icy drink, one of the helpers came to her and softly said," Your letter came. I've placed it in your room, Miss." 

Min Kyung nodded and thanked her, putting her glass into the sink. Usually she would wash it, but today, she didn't feel like it and so, she left it in the sink for the maids to clean it. She then make her way towards her room on the second floor, checking up on her mother who was having a much needed rest on the way. She peeked her head through as she opened the door slightly. Her mother was wrapped under the blankets, sleeping peacefully. Min Kyung walked towards the sleeping figure, trying to be as quiet as possible. She looked at Mrs Kim and gently her forehead, kneeling down beside the bed. 

"I know it's hard Umma, but hopefully we can make this through. Rest well, Umma. I don't want to see you cry again." Min Kyung whispered as she leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on Mrs Kim's forehead. 

Min Kyung then quickly stood up and make her way out of the room. She sighed and soon walked to her room. As she entered her room, her eyes quickly spotted her letter on the table. She closed the door and walked over to her bed, picking the letter on the way. She threw herself onto her comfy bed and teared the back of the envelope. Taking out the letter, she took a deep breath and prepared herself. 

Dear my love, 

How are you feeling? I hope you're feeling better than last week. I don't like the love of my life to get all pale and sickly. How's your father? Is he still sick? I do hope that he gets better soon, i don't want you and your mother to keep on worrying about his sickly condition. I have a piece of good news for you, my dear. After weeks of searching, I've finally found myself a job and it pays well too. It's at a gaming centre in Hongdae. There's only two guys working there, not including me. They're quite friendly and easy to get along with. Oh, i almost forgot. Jongin sends you his regards. That guy has been bugging me non-stop this whole week, when he saw your letter in the mailbox. He wants to meet you, and so do i. Baby, when are you returning to Korea? I really miss you, it's been nearly 13 years since we last saw each other. Even seeing the photo of you makes me miss you even more. If you're yet to finish saving up, i'll then go to you. My savings should be enough for me to stay in America for a about 3 months. How bout it?

Oh and Jae Kyung my neighbour confessed to me again today. She doesn't want to believe that my heart is taken by my one and only Min Kyung. I really don't know what to say to her anymore. Hopefully we can be reunited as soon as possible. I will wait, even if it takes me a lifetime. For you, i'll do anything. 

Well, my letter is long enough. I miss you baby, i want us to be able to date for real like every couple. I want to be able to caress your skin, to hold your hands, to kiss  you whenever, to feel you in my arms, everything. I love you, Lee Min Kyung. 

From, your love.

Oh Sehun.

Min Kyung smiled as she read the last sentence of Sehun's letter. "I wanna see you too, my love." She sighed. She folded the letter back to how it was and kept it inside the envelope. She then took out her favourite writing pad and her fluffy pink pen. She pondered about what to write and smiled to herself. 

Dear Sehun my love, 

I'm feeling much better after reading your letter. In fact, better than before. About my father, unfortunately i have bad news. He passed away last night, leaving me and my mother alone in this household. My mother is the one who's sick and pale-looking, eversince my father left us. I'm not entirely sure of what the plan is for me and my mother, but i 'm hoping that we're going back to Seoul, where her sisters and brothers are. Then maybe, we can be together again. 

About your job, i'm really glad that you've finally found a job that you like and that pays well. It's nice to hear that everyone's treating you fairly and kindly. Send my regards to Jongin as well. I'd like to meet him one day too, once we reunite. I miss you dearly too, although i can't really express it in words. One of my classmates confessed and asked me out on a date too yesterday but i rejected him, telling him that i'm yours. He wasn't happy at first but i showed him your picture and he walked away. He's a nice guy really, but my heart was already yours from the beginning. I know, i've always wanted to be touched, to be kissed, to be hold by you. I've always wanted to be shown off to everyone, to show off to everyone that i have my happy ending too. Don't you worry baby, my savings are almost enough to support us both in Seoul. Please wait for a little while more, then we shall be happy forever, safe in each other's arms. 

I love you, Oh Sehun. I'll wait for you even if it takes a million years more. 

Yours Sincerely,

Kim Min Kyung. 

Min Kyung smiled as she sealed the letter into her signature pink envelope. She wrote down Sehun's address that she memorised by heart, and kissed the back of the envelope. She put a stamp at the right corner and placed the envelope at the corner of her working table. 

"I'll make a trip to the post office tomorrow myself." Min Kyung muttered to herself, earning herself a deep yawn. She glanced at her hello kitty alarm clock. It was a quarter past midnight. She quickly changed into her pyjamas and slipped into the safe and warm covers of her bed. Her eyes closed and she drifted to dreamland as soon as her head touched her soft pillow, signs that the funeral and never-ending tearing had completely wiped out her energy. 

 

to be continued... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 3 is up~ Yes, i'm sorry that it took a while, i was too busy with dance and college and everything. I hardly had time for myself too but thankfully, Summer is here and it's finally the holidays~! I'm not sure when the next update is going to be, since i have 8 more other stories that needed to be updated. Till then, i'm hoping to see comments and thoughts about the chapter! See you guys next time <3