Chapter 1.

Letters To Love

Letters to Love

Chapter One.

Flashback 

The girl stood there awkwardly, looking at the other children who was staring at her as she made her introduction to them. The caretaker, Mrs Lee, is a middle-aged lady who devotes her time towards the orphanage and carimg for the children, just like her own. She wasn't married, but she's like a mother to the children. Mrs Lee looked at the new girl with a kind and heartwarming smile on her face and said, "They will warm up to you eventually. Don't be afraid to make friends, Min Kyung ah. Umma is here." 

Min Kyung's ears perked up at the name, 'Umma'. She looked up and met eyes with Mrs Lee. She timidly nodded and whispered, "Umma." 

Mrs Lee smiled and gently pushed her towards the children in the dining hall, and left. Min Kyung was smiling rather timidly and shyly until a boy approached her. "Welcome to the family, Min Kyung. I'm Sehun, your oppa." That boy said, handing out his hand to her, smiling rather bashfully. 

Min Kyung looked at it for a few seconds and gently shook it. She nodded and bowed. The other children then introduced themselves and they start to ask her to play together. Behind the door of the dining hall, Mrs Lee smiled and nodded. "That's my boy." 

Days passed and days become months. Min Kyung somehow managed to blend in and mix around with the other kids in the orphanage. She however, grew closer to Sehun. Min Kyung and Sehun spent most of their time together. During breakfast, they would sit side by side and eat together. The same goes for lunch, dinner and supper. They would go to preschool together, hand in hand. Anyone would have thought that they were siblings since they were still little kids. But then again, no one would have guessed that they both had fallen for each other. Mrs Lee didn't do anything to separate both of them. She knew that they were meant for each other, although it might have been a silly thing to say for kids at the age of 8. 

One day, Sehun and Min Kyung were playing in the garden until Mrs Lee called for Min Kyung. Min Kyung looked up and smiled. "Ne Umma~! I'm coming!" 

Min Kyung looked at Sehun and Sehun nodded. "Go, we'll play later." He whispered.

Min Kyung nodded and off she went, into Mrs Lee's office. As she pushed the doors open, she locked eyes with a couple who was smiling genuinely at her. She turned to look at Mrs Lee and Mrs Lee beckoned her over. 

"Min Kyung ah, this will be your new family." Min Kyung focused her eyes on the strangers who was sitting in front of her. The lady stood up and smiled. "Min Kyung, i will be your new mother from today onwards." 

With those words, Min Kyung's world fell apart. Tears started to fall out from her eyes. She didn't knew whether to be happy that she had a new family or to be sad as she would be leaving the orphanage. The orphanage that was her home for all these years and Sehun. The lady who called herself as Mdm Kim walked towards her and kneeled in front her, facing her eye to eye. She gently wiped her tears and hugged her. 

"You don't have to be afraid. Umma is here, and so is Appa. We'll be a happy family, umma promise." 

Strangely, the words comforted her and she returned the hug. Mrs Lee smiled softly at the sight and turned to look at the window which showed the view of the frontyard. Sehun was sitting there on the swing, waiting. 

"I'm sorry that i have to separate you both. I'm so sorry." Her heart whispered as her eyes focused on the flower that was held tightly in Sehun's hand. 

...

After the encounter, Min Kyung was sent to her room to pack all her stuff. Being the obedient one, she quietly made her way up to her room where she came face to face with the one who unknowingly caught her heart. 

"Oppa.." She whispered. 

Sehun grabbed her hands and made her look at him. "Umma told me what happened just now. Is it true that you got adopted? Is it true that you're going to leave all of us? That you're going to leave me?" There was a stab in the heart when she heard Sehun's voice at the end. 

"I will come back oppa, i will. I won't be gone forever." Min Kyung replied. 

Sehun pulled her into a tight hug and silence engulfed them both. As they pulled away, Sehun tucked the flower in her hair and smiled. "Of course you'll come back. Come, i'll help you pack." 

That night was the last night for Min Kyung to be with her family at the orphanage. During dinner, the children threw her a party and being kids, they enjoyed every single moment together. The kids then gave Min Kyung a special belonging  that each of them possess. They laughed and they cried together. What a magnificent sight, really. 

"Do not forget us." Each of them muttered as they gave her a final hug at the every next morning. The very morning where it would mean goodbye forever. The Kim couple arrived early at the orphanage to pick their very first daughter up. Min Kyung's eyes searched wildly for that very person who was the only one missing. She hugged Mrs Lee and thanked her for all the care and love. Even Mrs Lee felt burdened in letting Min Kyung go. It was as if Min Kyung was her real flesh and blood. 

"Let's go, Min Kyung ah. Your father is waiting outside in the car." Mrs Kim gently said. 

Min Kyung took one last look at her 'siblings' and 'mother'. Bowing for the last time, she bid farewell and turned to walk towards the gate. 

"WAIT!" That voice stopped her in her tracks. She quickly turned around and tears filled her eyes. 

The boy stood panting in front of her. "Don't you want to say goodbye to me, your favourite oppa?" 

"Oppa..." Min Kyung pulled Sehun into a tight hug and sobbed at his shoulders. "Don't cry Min Kyung ah. I promise you, we'll keep in touch. I'll find you when i'm big enough." 

They both pulled away and Sehun grabbed her hands. He quickly slipped a piece of paper inside her left hand and smiled. "Go." He whispered while wiping her tears away.  "We'll be together again in the future, i promise you." 

Mrs Kim smiled at the sight and took hold of Min Kyung's right hand. "Let's go, Min Kyung." Min Kyung's left hand softly broke away from Sehun's hold and they separated. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Hi. This story had just been posted today and i've decided to just update today. This chapter is just only the beginning of the flashback.In the next chapter will be the second part and last part of the flashback. I hope all of you stay till the end of this story. Till then, i'll see you in the next chapter~!