Reality

Stolen Date

Chapter 4

“I hate you.” Kyuhyun breathed heavily, leaning on his knees for support as the other scampered happily up the stone steps. Turning to look at him Sungmin grinned widely.

“Ah come on, don’t be such a baby.” He laughed. “It’s only a little bit further!”

“You said that three miles ago!” Kyuhyun objected.

Rolling his eyes at the other’s exaggeration Sungmin crossed his arms, brow arching challengingly. “Well just think. We are three miles closer.”

“I want to take a break.” Kyuhyun whined.

Looking over his shoulder Sungmin laughed. “There is a place up ahead where we can get a drink and something to eat.” He encouraged.

“How much further?” Kyuhyun whined.

“Not much.” Sungmin replied, rolling his eyes.

“Why is it so far?” Kyuhyun demanded, plopping to the ground, the soft snow cushioning him.

“We are climbing a mountain.” Sungmin scoffed. “Now come on.” He encouraged.

“I don’t want to.” Kyuhyun insisted.

Lips pursing Sungmin’s eyes narrowed at the man. Reaching down he scooped up some snow, pelting the other mercilessly.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun screeched, shielding his face. “What do you think you are doing?! Stop that!”

“Don’t wanna.” Sungmin mocked.

“Yah!” Kyuhyun screeched, scrambling to his feet. “I said stop it!” He exclaimed, lunging for the other.

Squealing Sungmin quickly turned and ran as the other chased after him.

“Get back here!” Kyuhyun exclaimed angrily. Swiping to grab at the other as he barely pulled from his grasp.

“No thanks!” Sungmin laughed, “I don’t feel like dying!”

“Don’t make me chase you!” Kyuhyun insisted, huffing heavily, eyes warily watching Sungmin as he danced about.

“I’m not!” Sungmin laughed, screaming as Kyuhyun tackled him to the ground. Tumbling from the momentum they rolled through the snow, laughing and squealing in delight before they tumbled to a halt, limbs tangled.  Laughing and breathing heavily Kyuhyun raised himself above the other. “Caught you!” he breathed happily, warm breath ghosting over the other’s face. Eyes growing wide Sungmin’s face flushed, eyes locked with the other as their chest heaved for air, warmth radiating between their trapped bodies.

“And we’re here.” Sungmin blushed, swallowing tightly.

Looking up Kyuhyun grinned before looking down at the other trapped between his arms. “So we are.” He mused huskily.

“Are you going to get up?” Sungmin breathed hesitantly.

“Don’t wanna.” Kyuhyun breathed mockingly, lips inches from Sungmin’s. Gently the soft breath ghosted over Sungmin’s lips sending a slight shudder racing through his body. Looking at Sungmin’s eyes Kyuhyun’s flitted down to his lips, eyes clouding thoughtfully.

“We should go.” Sungmin squeaked, pushing against him, heart racing in panic.

“Yeah,” Kyuhyun replied husky, “We should.”

Reluctantly he pried himself from the other, extending his hand as he offered to help him up.

“L-let’s get some hot chocolate.” Sungmin suggested, avoiding the other’s gaze.

“Sure.” Kyuhyun shrugged, careful to keep the other’s fingers laced in his own. “Do you want anything else?” he asked, tugging the blushing male with him. Nervously Sungmin’s eyes flitted to their laced fingers and then back up the attached arm.

“No.” he whispered, tucking his head down to burrow into his scarf.

 “I can think of something else I want.”  Kyuhyun whispered softly.

“What did you say?” Sungmin asked, head snapping up to look at the back of the other’s head while his heart beat wildly against his ribcage.

Laughing Kyuhyun looked back at Sungmin before turning around, tugging Sungmin up beside him. “Nothing.” He quickly asserted.

“But I-“

“Oh Look!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, pointing to a small cove to the side of the stairs. “I found it. Come on!” Tugging on Sungmin he quickly pulled them up to the window. Biting his lips Sungmin debated on whether or not to press the issue as Kyuhyun smiled at the elderly woman behind the counter.

“Do you have hot cocoa?” he grinned.

Nervously Sungmin shifted his feet as the woman peered at them critically, sharp eyes landing on their laced fingers.

“Are you male?” She demanded of Sungmin, ignoring the other’s request.

Biting his lip Sungmin’s eyes shifted from the woman’s disapproving gaze. “I-”

“Yes,” Kyuhyun asserted firmly, fingers gripping Sungmin’s tighter. “He is. Now how about that hot cocoa?”

Glaring the woman looked at them calculatingly. Opening Sungmin tried to keep from shrinking from the sharp words about to follow.

“You-”

“Mamma!”  A slender young woman hurriedly intercepted, guiding the open mouthed woman from the counter. “Why don’t you start heating up the milk while I take their order.

“I refuse-.”

“Nothing.” The woman warned her mother. “This is still my shop, right Mamma?”

Huffing the woman pivoted sharply going behind the woman they could hear the slam and clink of utensils.

“Sorry about that.” The young woman grinned, flipping her pony-tail from her shoulder. “I’m Yuna,” Grinning she pointed to the sign above her that read in delicate pink letters, “Yuna’s Pastries.”

“You Mentioned hot cocoa?” she asked efficiently, typing at her register. “Can I get you anything else?”

“That will be all.” Sungmin grinned, hurriedly handing over some cash.

“Hey!” Kyuhyun objected, hand still half drawn from his wallet. “It’s my turn!”

“Oops.” Sungmin shrugged, grinning innocently.

Giggling the girl shook her head at them. “You’re cute. How long have you been dating?”

Stunned Sungmin turned to look at her, large eyes blinking dumbly. “We aren’t-”

“A day working on a life.” Kyuhyun winked, smoothly interrupting the other.

Whipping his head around Sungmin gaped at the other, heart racing. Searchingly his eyes scanned the other’s face while he stood grinning at the surprised woman that giggled behind the counter.

“I thought it was longer.” She admitted.

“We’re just that perfect together.” Kyuhyun grinned, pulling Sungmin into his arms while he blushed wildly.

“We aren’t-” he tried to pique.

“If you’re working on a lifetime then you should get a lock!” she interrupted excitedly.

“A lock?” Kyuhyun asked curiously, one arm unwinding from about Sungmin’s shoulders to take a cup from the older woman. Glaring angrily she hurriedly handed off the cup.

“They don’t need a lock.” She ground.

“Every lover needs a lock.” The girl supplied smoothly.

“We aren’t-” Sungmin interrupted shyly.

“No they don-” the woman began.

“What’s it for?” Kyuhyun interrupted effectively ignoring the two as he engaged in an animated conversation with the woman.

“Lovers!” she exclaimed excitedly, pulling a heart shaped lock from below the counter. “A set of lovers goes up to the level and you pledge your love to one another, lock it away to preserve it and throw the keys, even though you aren’t supposed to, so that your love can never be released. In essence you “lock your love” to that person. The lock is a way to preserve and protect your love.”

“We don’t really need-” Sungmin began.

“You’re chocolate!” The other woman interrupted, slamming the cup on the counter in a huff.

“Thank you.” Kyuhyun smiled sweetly at her, eyes dancing at her irritation, a slight smirk playing on his lips; Careful not to look away from the older woman. “We will take one.”

Eyes widening the woman spun around, huffing angrily.

“That will be seven thousand won.” The girl smiled, turning to glare momentarily at her mother. “Do you need a pen?” she offered, bagging the lock.

“How much is it?” Kyuhyun asked, trying not to laugh at Sungmin’s flustered face.

“Complimentary.” She winked.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun grinned, grabbing the bag as he linked an arm about Sungmin’s waist. Gently ushering him around to the stairs. “Let’s get going.” He murmured in his ear, handing him the drink.

“Thanks.” Sungmin blushed, looking down at the bag dangling from the other’s hand.

“Uh, about those locks,” he said softly, avoiding the others gaze. “They, we aren’t I mean,” he stuttered softly, heart racing in unknown anticipation.

“Oh these?” Kyuhyun smiled own at him, catching his eyes. “Don’t worry, I won’t make you lock it with me.”

“Huh?” Sungmin asked, heart stuttering to a stop.

“I just couldn’t stand the way that woman was acting.” Kyuhyun shrugged, bound up a few stairs ahead of him, “Besides,” he added, stopping he stared straight ahead before turning to grin down at Sungmin, his eyes unreadable. “I’m just a bought date for the day. I would rather you lock your feelings with someone you actually love.”

Mouth gaping Sungmin looked at him, emotions toiling in him as his heart and mind conflicted. “I, uh,”

“Oh look!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, turning around. “You can see the top!” bounding forward he raced up the stairs, heading towards the line of people at the booth.

Blinking in confusion Sungmin bit his lip, mind muddled with the emotions and thoughts racing through his mind. Brow knitting he slowly followed after Kyuhyun who was sliding money across the counter, smiling to the person behind the glass. Grabbing the tickets he bounded back to Sungmin happily. Watching him bound up, Sungmin felt his emotions settle as he tried to focus on the day and enjoying himself.

“Are you  ready?” Kyuhyun grinned, halting before him, grinning broadly. “They say that there is a music show soon so we can go see the view, grab something to eat up top and then come watch the show.”

“Do you want to listen to the music?” Sungmin laughed, looking at the other’s twinkling eyes.

“Maybe.” Kyuhyun grinned excitedly.

Eyes straying Sungmin grinned, reaching up he tweaked the other’s nose. Laughing as the other yelped in protest.

“Alright! But only if we take pictures with the bears!”

“What bears?” Kyuhyun asked, turning to look at three large bears that imitated a family. Face flushing he watched the children pose in front of the imposing figures.

“You’re joking?”

“Better hurry!” Sungmin laughed, skipping over. “That is if you want to catch that music! Oh! And I claim papa bear! You can have mamma or baby!”

“Wah-”

“You get baby!” Sungmin decided, throwing his arms about the neck of the father and mother.

“What?! Why?!”

“Because I said! Now hurry and take the picture!”

“But I-”

“Hurry!” Sungmin laughed, smile frozen to his face, “I want to get to the top!”

“Patience is a virtue.” Kyuhyun laughed, setting the bags on the ground and fishing his phone from his pocket.

“A very nice virtue at that.” Sungmin grinned. “Now hurry and take the picture!”

“I already did.” Kyuhyun smirked, chortled as he thumbed through them.

“What?!” Sungmin shrieked, straightening, “You’re lying!”

“Nope!” Kyuhyun laughed, grin spreading at a particular picture.

“But I was talking!”

“That was the point.” Kyuhyun snorted.

“Yeah!” Sungmin exclaimed, racing to take the phone from him.

“Too slow!” Kyuhyun laughed, pulling the phone from his grasp he dangled it over the other’s head, laughing as he tried to jump and reach for it.

“That’s not fair!”

“Is so!”

“Is not!” Sungmin objected, practically climbing the other to grab the device.”

“Oh look!” Kyuhyun laughed, skillfully dodging the other he slipped the phone into his pocket and scooped up the bags, “The trolly is here!”

“Yah!” Sungmin exclaimed, putting his hands on his hips indignantly. “Give me that phone.”

“If you can get it you can have it.” Kyuhyun winked, laughing and hop skipping to the side he masterfully pranced from the other’s clutching fingers.

£

Looking at the sky Kyuhyun sighed, leaning against the bench smiling contently.  Thoughtfully his fingers roved the small chip in his pocket, the heart in the center reminding him of the wishing well at the top. Curling his smile quickly changed to a smirk as he remembered Sungmin’s bouncing harmlessly to the side, indicating his current love would not work. Biting his lip he sat up, silently chastising himself for the momentary elation he had felt. Sighing heavily his head lolled back to stare at the sky, his memory dredging up the events of the day that he was sure would haunt him for a long time. Squeezing his eyes shut he forbid the emotions to take hold, reminding himself that today was only temporary. Inhaling softly he felt the sharp bite in the air, a slight bitter laugh escaping his lips.

“What is it?” Sungmin asked curiously, looking at the sky as well, biting into the pastry he had bought.

“It’s going to rain.” Kyuhyun stated simply, sighing once more. “And I didn’t bring my umbrella.”

“How do you know?” Sungmin asked curiously, looking at the boy pecularlily. “The weatherman said it would be sunny all day. Plus its January, wouldn’t it snow?”

“I can smell it.” Came the simple reply.

Brows knitting together Sungmin looked at the sky scrutinizing it before looking back at the man, chuckling softly before he stood, reaching his hand out.

 “I don’t know about you Kyuhyun.” He smiled brightly, causing Kyuhyun’s heart to race erratically. “But, if it is going to rain I say we enjoy everything possible!”

Heart racing and face flushing Kyuhyun placed his hands in the other’s grip, unconsciously squeezing it. Not letting go Sungmin blushed slightly before tugging him after him.

“I-I want to lock those hearts.” He blushed softly.

“Isn’t that a lover’s thing?” Kyuhyun replied stoically.

“We-we’re lovers for today.” Sungmin shot back, “now lets hurry! The line is going to get long!”

“But I-”

“Come on!” Sungmin grinned, grabbing the locks and towing Kyuhyun behind him. “And no objecting!”

“What about-”

“Remember I brought you so no objecting!” Sungmin insisted stubbornly.

“Alright.” Kyuhyun replied softly, allowing the other to tug him onto the deck filled with locks. Humming Sungmin quickly busied his jittery fingers with opening the lock, careful to avoid the other’s face. Slowly a grin spread over Kyuhyun’s features as the other wrestled with the container. Chuckling he extended his hand.

“What?” Sungmin demanded.

“Give it to me.”

“I can get it.” Sungmin objected.

“Maybe in thirty years.” Kyuhyun scoffed playfully.

“Nuh-uh I-”

Chuckling Kyuhyun forcefully took it from him. “yeah-huh.” he mocked playfully; easily opening the container. “I’m quicker.”

“How did you do that?!” Sungmin gaped, staring at the open case in disbelief.

“I have magic fingers.” Kyuhyun grinned, wiggling his brow suggestively.

Blushing Sungmin felt his cheeks ache from smiling so broadly, his teeth nibbling his lip. “Do you?” he asked thoughtfully.

Biting his tongue Kyuhyun barely kept the witty response from slipping past his lips. “So,” he answered gruffly. “What do you want to write on them?”

“Secret.” Sungmin grinned, grabbing the lock from him.

“If I put my name on it you have to tell me.” Kyuhyun insisted as the other uncapped a sharpie.

“When I’m done.” Sungmin insisted, bending so that his body shielded the lock.

“I want to see now.” Kyuhyun pouted.

Glancing up Sungmin burst into laughter at the other’s comical look. “You’re actually pretty cute you know that?”

“I am not.” Kyuhyun exclaimed, puffing his cheeks in irritation.

“Are so,” Sungmin chuckled, bending back over to finish scribbling.

“I want to see.” Kyuhyun exclaimed, reaching for the lock he pulled it free to look at the writing. Eyes widening he looked at the other as he shuffled his feet avoiding his gaze.

“Why did you write this?” Kyuhyun breathed softly.

“I thought it was fitting.” Sungmin murmured, glancing up at the other through his lashes.

Glancing back at the writing Kyuhyun’s eyes scanned the neatly scrawled letters, his face flush brightly.

“A Stolen Date, Made by a Day Dancing With Fate.”

“Where will our names go?” he asked softly.

“On each of the keys,” Sungmin said shyly, taking the lock from Kyuhyun as he stepped towards the mesh fence, carefully looping it through a link. Turning he looked at Kyuhyun, signaling for the other to come closer. Stepping forward he felt his hand seized by the other. “I figured, only those doing the dancing can unlock the time in which the day ends.” Deliberately Sungmin made their fingers close over the lock, gently making them close it together, eyes never wavering from the others.

“What if it’s never unlocked?” Kyuhyun asked softly, searching the other’s eyes.

“Then that’s a dance I never want to miss.” Sungmin replied gently, voice confident.

Opening his mouth Kyuhyun felt the sharp prickle of a cold drop, looking to the sky he felt his face scrunch as the single drop was followed by several chilling others.

Shielding his face Sungmin looked up at the other, a quirky grin playing on is face as the rains speed began to accelerate. “You were right!”

“About what?” Kyuhyun asked over the pelting of the rain.

“It is going to rain!”

“Let’s get out of it!” Kyuhyun shivered, grabbing the other’s hand he pulled him towards the tower shoving the keys into his pocket.

Digging his heels in Sungmin shook his head. “It’s going to be too crowded.”

“But it’s shelter.” Kyuhyun insisted above the rain, squinting as the cold pellets battered him.

“Let’s just leave!” Sungmin insisted, pulling him towards the exit.

“And go where?” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

Sungmin grew quiet for a moment before looking at the other.

“Where will we go?” Kyuhyun demanded, the rain soaking through his clothes and chilling his body.

“My place is nearby.” Sungmin replied softly, looking away from the other.

Swallowing Kyuhyun looked at the other intently, the cold rain trailing over him. “Is that alright?” he asked softly.

“It’s just to get out of the rain, right?” Sungmin asked, offering a smile tentatively.

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun nodded, allowing himself to be tugged after the other as they ran through the rain into a direction he didn’t know.

Looking back Sungmin flashed him a grin and Kyuhyun felt his features pull into a similar smile before he felt Sungmin let go of his hand to splash him with a small puddle of water atop of the stone wall. Freezing he blinked in shock before he splashed the other, laughing as he ran off, the cold snow becoming slosh beneath their feet. Giggling they splashed water and kicked slosh at each other as they tumbled and skidded down the mountain side. Reaching the cabs Sungmin flagged one down. Watching intently Kyuhyun watched him peer into the window, asking the man if he would take them to their destination.

Watching the animated man before him Kyuhyun suddenly didn’t feel the chill of the weather. The other’s rosy cheeks and sparkling eyes mesmerizing him as he pulled him down into the cab. Grinning he looked up at him.

“He said he can take us.” Sungmin grinned, laughing as he wiped a piece of dirt from the other’s face. “We made a mess didn’t we?”

“Don’t get the seats dirty.” The cab driver instructed, pulling onto the road.

“It was fun.” Kyuhyun grinned, bumping the other’s shoulder playfully. “I never thought the cold rain would ever be fun.”

“Life Is what you make is.” Sungmin laughed, looking down at his ruined scarf his cheeks puffed before his eyes grew wide in realization. “I destroyed your coat!”

“I think I did a number on your as well.” Kyuhyun laughed, looking down at the damp, muddy material covering him. “I guess there wasn’t really a point in us switching was there?”

“I am so sorry I will fix it.” Sungmin murmured in horror.

“It’s fine I’m not really bothered by it.”

“But I am.”

“But-”

“We’re here.” The cab driver interrupted impatiently, looking at the pair from his mirror uncomfortably. Looking up Kyuhyun grinned apologetically at the man, grabbing Sungmin’s hand he shoved the car door open.

“Ok, let’s go.” Sungmin replied, shoving the other from the cab as he tossed some money at the driver.

“I’m moving, I’m moving!” Kyuhyun laughed backing out of the cab he dragged the other after him.

Freezing Sungmin’s face grew imperceptive, fingers gripping Kyuhyun’s tightly.

“What are you doing here?” he asked softly.

Turning Kyuhyun stopped mid laugh when he saw the hooded figure under the eve.

Hesitantly Siwon smiled, looking down at the roses he held before looking back at Sungmin eyes shooting to Kyuhyun uncertainly. Pausing he looked at their laced fingers, cheeks flushing slightly.

Noticing his gaze Sungmin mumbled a quick apology, dropping the other’s hand.

Turning to look down at the other Kyuhyun felt the cold rain trickle down his spine heart plummeting at the action.

“I uh, I… Here!” Siwon said quickly, shoving the roses towards them awkwardly, careful to stay under the protection of the eve.

“Uh, thank you.” Sungmin replied, staring at the roses uncertainly he carefully avoided Kyuhyun’s gaze. Reachin out he ignored the rain, drawing the roses to him as he looked at the vibrant colors uncertainly.

 “But why are you here?” he asked softly, glancing up at Siwon.

“I uh, well,” Looking at him Siwon’s eyes grew remorseful. “I just wanted to say how sorry I am. I know that I was wrong and it was a momentary lapse of judgment that won’t ever happen again. I know that I was wrong and you are so important to me. I don’t want to lose you. It was a onetime mistake and it won’t happen again. I swear. Can we please talk? Just for a few moments? I need you to know how much I care.” He gushed hurriedly, glancing at Kyuhyun he silently pleaded for help.

Eyes flashing Kyuhyun’s hands clenched angrily, blood boiling at the lies the other told.

“You have got to-”

“We can talk.” Sungmin said softly, looking up at Siwon doe eyes unreadable.

Blinking back the rain Kyuhyun gaped at the smaller man incredulously.

“You have got to be ing kidding.” He exclaimed angrily.

Blinking in surprise Sungmin looked up at him eyes wide. “Why?” he asked in confusion.

“You are going to talk to this two-timing lying bastard? After you know how he is?” he exploded angrily.

“Hey!” Siwon objected.

“Shut the hell up!” Kyuhyun glared, eyes trained on Sungmin. “I’m not talking to you.”

“Why not?” Sungmin asked, brows knitting angrily, refusing to look away.” Why can’t I talk to him?”

“There isn’t a point!”

 “I think we should talk!”

“About what?!” Kyuhyun exclaimed, ignoring Siwon’s tentative interjection. “You know he’s just going to lie!”

“I still think we should talk!”

Drawing himself up Kyuhyun’s eyes flashed before he settled into an unreadable mask.

“Fine.” He stated coldly. “Talk. I want nothing to do with this.”

“You’re going to leave?” Sungmin exclaimed in disbelief.

“Why should I stay?” Kyuhyun scoffed angrily.

Biting his lip Sungmin’s troubled eyes clouded as he stared at the other silently.

“I’m leaving.” He stated coldly, drawing his sodden coat about him. Softly the jingle of keys was heard over the rain.

“But-” Sungmin began.

“Here.” Kyuhyun bit, shoving his hand in his pocket he extended his hand, dropping the keys in the others grasp.

“Are you serious?” Sungmin asked incredulously.

Lips drawing in a bitter smile Kyuhyun shrugged unperceptively, looking back at Siwon bitterly.

“It was a nice dance while it lasted.”

“That’s it?” Sungmin asked softly.

“That’s it.” Kyuhyun shrugged ruefully. “It was a stolen date for a day after all.”

Looking at Siwon he felt an unpleasant plummet in his gut. “Enjoy your talk.” He stated coldly, turning on his heel he began to walk off pulling the coat tightly about him. Arms angrily wrapped about his body he angrily bit his tongue to ward off the tears.

Stunned Sungmin watched him disappear around the corner, the wet metal of the keys digging in his flesh mercilessly. Angrily the rain pelted his body, the sodden roses dangling in his limp hand.  

 

A/N: Well I hope thst I still have some readers! Thank you so much for being here and for reading this! I hope that you will let me know what you think! Please comment~ Thank you so very much!! Feed back is loved!