Awkward Friendliness

Stolen Date

Part 2

Stomping his feet Kyuhyun tried to bring the tingling appendages to life. Breathing heavily he huffed into his gloved hands, trying to warm himself up. Sniffing he looked down the road expectantly.  Pursing his lips irritably he glanced at his watch, being slightly knocked over when a bundled figure ran past.

“Oh! Sorry!” it mumbled from beneath a scarf hurriedly, “So sorry!” Bowing quickly he went to run, yanking back when Kyuhyun grabbed his arm before he could enter the café.

“You’re late.” Kyuhyun stated irritably.

Eyes wide Sungmin looked out from his scarf, mumbling something.

“I can’t understand you with that thing covering your mouth.” Kyuhyun proclaimed, rolling his eyes as he yanked the scarf from the other’s mouth.

Eyes still wide Sungmin quickly brought his fingers to his mouth to ward off the chill. “I said you actually came.” He mumbled unexpectedly.

“A very pushy someone said that they would be back in an hour.” Kyuhyun shrugged simply, looking down at the shuffling man. “And he happens to be 45 minutes late.”

“Sorry about that.” Sungmin mumbled, blushing in embarrassment. “I-I didn’t think you would actually come.” Nervously he looked up from his lashes, the pink of the cold and his blush giving him a rosy color. “I, I was kind of rude.”

Eyes widening fractionally Kyuhyun buried his face in the collar of his coat to hide his own blush. “No, uh well actually I was the rude one.” He mumbled uncertainly. Looking away he wasn’t sure how to respond. The friendly boy before him was not what he expected at all. The snide comments he had prepared suddenly evaporated with his warm breath as he looked down at the shuffling boy.

“Why the sudden change in attitude?” he asked suddenly.

Eyes widening Sungmin looked away, chuckling softly. “I really was a mess back there huh?” he mumbled bitterly.

“W-what do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked in confusion, glancing up to see Ryeowook watching him curiously through the window, a hidden Siwon peeking over the counter cautiously. Glaring angrily into the window his eyes met with Siwon’s a knowing smirk gracing his chilled lips when the other quickly ducked out of sight.

“We should probably go somewhere.” He said thoughtfully.

“Oh, ok.” Sungmin whispered in uncertainty. “Uh, actually you really don’t have to accompany me.” He added, blushing even more.

Standing back Kyuhyun looked down at the male once more, utter confusion written all over his face. “If I don’t recall you were the one that was so adamant about this.”

“Yeah well I was angry!” Sungmin burst slightly, quickly covering his mouth. “I mean, you called me trash and all.” He said sheepishly, his toes drawing designs in the snow with uncertainty.

“I don’t ever recall using the word trash.” Kyuhyun replied, staring down at the man thoughtfully.

“You said I was a mess!” Sungmin objected, cheeks flaming angrily.

“You were screaming and threatening to kill people in my store.” Kyuhyun dead panned.

Blushing Sungmin looked down once more. “I was wasn’t I?” Sighing softly he avoided the others gaze. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s fine.” Kyuhyun shrugged, sneezing slightly. “Can we go in somewhere?”

“Oh my gosh are you sick?” The other demanded, becoming flustered.

“No,” Kyuhyun chuckled, realizing that the boy never stayed one emotion for very long. “Just cold. I’ve been out here for a little while.”

“I’m so sorry!” Sungmin gasped, grabbing the other’s hand to tug him towards the café. “Your hands are like ice!”

“I actually think they are the warmest part of my body.” Kyuhyun chuckled, enjoying the other’s reaction.

“I-I’m sorry!” Sungmin quickly blushed even more reaching for the handle to the café.

“Wait!” Kyuhyun objected, grabbing the other’s hand unexpectedly.

“What?” Sungmin asked in confusion.

“No-not here.” He said simply, not wanting the other to see Siwon. “Let’s go elsewhere.”

“Why not here?” he asked in confusion.

“It’s finally my day off.” Kyuhyun grinned sheepishly. “Even if it a bit forced I want to enjoy it.”

“Oh, ok.” Sungmin said tentatively, shoving his hand in his pocket, blushing when he realized he tugged Kyuhyun’s in with his. “Oh, sorry!” He exclaimed, quickly releasing Kyuhyun’s hand and throwing his own in the air. Blushing profusely as Kyuhyun just grinned at him, hands still in the other’s pockets.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin stammered nervously.

“It’s warmer this way.” Kyuhyun grinned; pushing his other hand into Sungmin’s other pocket. “Don’t you agree?”

“Y-you have your own pockets!” Sungmin squeaked, stumbling back into the door, wincing he held his head where it hit the glass.

Chuckling Kyuhyun reached for his head rubbing it gently. “Are you always this flustered?”

“Uh, on-only when…” Trailing off Sungmin looked away ducking from the other’s grasp.

“You’re teasing me aren’t you?” he demanded.

“Possibly.” Kyuhyun smirked. “You’re interesting.”

“Do-don’t do that.” Sungmin blushed once more.

“But it’s fun.” Kyuhyun teased, trailing after the other as he slipped down the stairs. “So, what happened to the little fire cracker from earlier?”

“I said I was sorry!” Sungmin exclaimed, ducking his head further.

“I wasn’t saying anything bad.” Kyuhyun chuckled, pulling him into a Baskin Robbins. “How about some ice cream?”

“It’s freezing!” Sungmin exclaimed, shivering slightly as his body adjusted to the heat.

“All the more reason for it.” Kyuhyun winked, looking at the flavors excitedly. “Need to battle the cold with cold!”

Raising a brow Sungmin chuckled childishly. “Then I want hot chocolate as well!”

“No coffee?” Kyuhyun asked, turning to look at the boy curiously.

“I don’t like the bitter taste.” He replied, scrunching his nose irritably. Sniffling slightly he pulled the beanie he had been wearing from earlier off his head. Eyes widening in shock Kyuhyun looked at the wavy blond mess.

“You bleach your hair?” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“Uh, just recently.” He murmured bashfully. “I know it doesn’t suit me. It was Heechul Hyung’s idea. So what flavor would you like?” he asked, desperate to suddenly change the topic.

“I think it looks y.” Kyuhyun smirked, looking back at the flavors. “And I would like the melon I think.” He simply stated, looking at the lady behind the counter as she looked at them curiously. “Is that alright?”

“Y-yes.” She stuttered, embarrassed at having been caught. “What would you like?” she asked, looking at the still blushing Sungmin.

“Uh, do you have the pumpkin flavor?” he asked expectantly.

“No,” she replied, smiling apologetically. “We stopped carrying that on the first.”

“Oh,” he sighed dejectedly. “Um… I don’t know then.” He mused in disappointment.

“Give him the butter brickle.” Kyuhyun smiled confidently.

“What’s that?” Sungmin asked curiously.

“Wait and see.” Kyuhyun laughed, looking up at the menu. “And two hot chocolates please.”

“Yes sir.” The woman smiled, handing him his cone and Sungmin theirs as well before going to the counter to ring them up. “It will take me a minute to make the hot chocolate though.”

“That’s fine.” Kyuhyun smiled. “We can wait, can’t we?” he asked turning to look at Sungmin expectantly.

“Uh, yeah. Sungmin smiled back.

“Alright. She smiled, looking at Kyuhyun flirtatiously. “I’ll have it right out for you and your friend.” She stated, emphasizing his words.

“How much is it?” Kyuhyun asked simply, slipping into his pocket for his wallet.

“I’ve got it!” Sungmin objected, hurriedly placing 20,000 won onto the counter. “My treat.” He added after a moment.

Blinking the woman took the change when Kyuhyun smiled oddly at Sungmin.

“Thanks.” He chuckled, a pleasant look on his face. “I usually pay for everyone.”

“I have money too.” Sungmin blushed, shoving the change in his pocket. “Plus I made you hang out with me.”

Chuckling Kyuhyun shook his head. “You didn’t make me. It’s rare I get to hang out with interesting… friends.” He smirked.

“I-I’m not interesting.” Sungmin objected.

“Excuse me.” The woman cut in smoothly, grabbing Kyuhyun’s forearm. “If you would like, I can give you a free voucher for another dip later.”

Raising a brow Kyuhyun looked at her hand on his arm, then back at her. “Why?” he asked simply, causing Sungmin to splutter.

“B-because we didn’t have the pumpkin flavor you wanted.” She blushed.

“I didn’t want it.” Kyuhyun shrugged, shaking her arm off. “He did, you should give it to him.”

Eyes wide the woman looked at him, uncertain as to whether or not she had been blown off or if he was just oblivious. Holding the voucher her shook of hand lay on the counter.

“Well?” Kyuhyun asked innocently. “Are you going to give it to him?”

“H-here.” She stated, shoving the voucher at the blond.

“Thanks.” Sungmin replied simply, glancing away from the woman’s venomous gaze.

“I-If you like you can have a seat and I’ll bring you you’re coffee Mr.….”

“Cho.” Kyuhyun smiled, turning to leave.

“Wait!” She objected in exasperation.

“Hmmm?” Kyuhyun hummed curiously.

“I meant your name.” she tried desperately. “I can’t just call you Handsome.”

Blinking in mild confusion Kyuhyun tilted his head. “I said it was Cho didn’t I?”

Snorting Sungmin tried to hold back his laughter, knowing that the girl wouldn’t appreciate it. Glancing at him Kyuhyun flicked his bangs from his eyes before looked back at the stunned woman. Curiously Kyuhyun looked at her, blinking before he walked to a table. Sitting happily he at his cone. Slipping into the booth across from him Sungmin stared at the table silently.

“You don’t like the flavor?” Kyuhyun paused worriedly.

“You’re not going to flirt with her?” Sungmin asked softy.

“Should I?” Kyuhyun asked curiously, glancing over at the woman that bustled behind the counter. Chuckling he watched her slam the containers down, the clang causing her fellow workers to watch her curiously.

“She was pretty.” Sungmin said voice softer.

“I think you’re prettier.” Kyuhyun stated calmly, continuing to at his cone.

Blushing furiously his head shot up eyes wide. “I’m not pretty!” he objected.

“Matter of opinion.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “Oh look, the hot chocolates done!” Standing he went to retrieve the drinks. Remaining in his seat Sungmin’s soft words fluttered to his ears.

“Siwon would have flirted.” He mumbled to himself, voice sad and confused.

Pausing Kyuhyun slowly exhaled, striding back to the other, lifting his chin up he sighed, seeing the tears he knew would be there.

“I’m not Siwon am I?” He asked his smile soft. Setting his cone into one of the holders he gently wiped away the tears. “And I don’t see the need to flirt when the more gorgeous one is already at my side.”

“But I made you come.” Sungmin muttered bitterly, looking away.

Chuckling Kyuhyun stood, shaking his head. “You will find out really soon, nobody makes me do anything.” Looking over his shoulder he saw the lady bringing them their drinks. Nervously her feet shifted, waiting for them to notice her. Smirking devilishly he took the tray from her, setting them on the table.

“You’re names Victoria right?” he asked in a friendly manner, glancing at the other from the corner of his eye. Smirk growing wider when he sat rigidly staring out the window.

“Yes.” She exclaimed brightly. “How did you know?”

“You’re name badge.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Can I ask you something?”

“Anything!” she flushed eagerly.

“This kid here seems to think that you were flirting with me.” He stated simply, watching the smile fade before becoming forced. “Were you?”

“Y-yes.” She stammered, unsure about his sudden bluntness.

“Sorry,” he grinned broadly. “But I’m with him at the moment.” He stated merely, repressing the grin as Sungmin quickly whipped to look at them, eyes wide.

“Wh-I mean oh, I-I’m so sorry!” The girl blushed furiously, backing from the table. Rushing to the register she quickly told the other that she was going to the bathroom.

Chuckling Kyuhyun watched her go. “There.” He simply stated, grinning down at the other. “No more confusion right?”

“You didn’t have to be so blunt.” He flushed. “Besides, what are you going to do if you ever come back here? You’re only my companion for the day!”

Grabbing his hot chocolate and ice cream cone Kyuhyun just shrugged, walking towards the door. ”Should I have been otherwise? Besides, even if it is today I am all yours.

Blushing deeper Sungmin quickly ducked his head, trying to keep his heart from fluttering at the other’s conviction. “You’re teasing me again!”

“Perhaps.” Kyuhyun shrugged mischievously, enjoying himself. “But I think you’re cute so it’s fine.

“You’re weird you know that.” He said softly.

“You’re not the first to tell me.” He grinned. “Now hurry up, we have a day to spend.”

“You don’t want to eat here?” Sungmin asked incredulously.

Chuckling Kyuhyun shouldered the door open, grinning as the other rushed to follow him. “Naw, it would be a shame if we forced Victoria to finish her shift in the bathroom.”

Rushing after him Sungmin put his beanie under his arm, and slung his scarf over his neck. Stepping into the cold he felt the scarf slip, fumbling he tried to grab it, sloshing his hot chocolate and dropping his ice cream onto the ground. Eyes growing wide he stared at it, trying to repress the tears that threatened.

“You coming?” Kyuhyun called, back tracking to where the other stood. “Oh my gosh! Are you ok?” He demanded worriedly when the other turned to him, eyes swimming in tears and white jacket covered in the dark goo, empty his cone held in his hand. Nodding his head Sungmin felt his lip pucker as he tried not to cry.

Forcing the smile from his lips at the comical sight Kyuhyun desperately tried not to laugh.

“You’re just like a little kid.” He chuckled softly.

“This isn’t funny.” He insisted.

“I know I know.” Kyuhyun chuckled, forcing his own cone into his hand with the cup.

Eyes watering Sungmin bit his quivering lip while he tried to look away.

“What’s wrong?” Kyuhyun asked worriedly, “did you burn yourself?”

“No,” Sungmin whispered. “Nothing is going right.” He ground in disappointment.

“If it were going right then it wouldn’t be life.” Kyuhyun chuckled. “Here, let’s clean up up a bit.” He chortled, taking the empty cone from the other. “You can even have my ice cream.”

“But it’s yours.” Sungmin objected, cold fingers rapping around the cone.

“You bought it.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “Besides, I already had enough.” Eyeing the coat he began ing it with his free hand. Shrinking back Sungmin dropped the empty cup.

“What are you doing?” he demanded.

“Getting you out of your coat, its wet.”

“I’ll freeze!” Sungmin objected.

“No you won’t.” Kyuhyun insisted, shoving his cup of hot chocolate into the other’s hand. “Now hold still, and don’t spill that.”

“B-” Sungmin tried to object as the other smoothly undid his own garments. “Wait! What are you doing!”

“I told you, you wouldn’t freeze.” Kyuhyun chuckled ping and shrugging out of his own jacket. Slipping into the other he scrunched his face. “You’re rather tiny.” He stated, draping his jacket over the smaller males shoulders.

“You aren’t serious.” Sungmin gasped, the warm material swathing him.

“No,” Kyuhyun chuckled, watching as the other was engulfed in his jacket. “You are tiny .Here you’re arms go here.” He joked, taking the objects in Sungmin’s hands before pulling his arms through the sleeves, replacing it and doing the same with the other arm. “There, now you’re warm aren’t you?”

“What about you?” Sungmin demanded, looking at the man that appeared about to burst from his jacket.

“I’m quite warm!” Kyuhyun winked, shoving his gloved hands into his pockets. “I have layers on after all.”

“Are you sure?” Sungmin asked uncertainly.

“Positive.” Kyuhyun smirked, brow knitting slightly before he removed his scarf, wrapping it about the other’s face. “There, now I am happy.”

“I have my own scarf.” Sungmin objected.

“Not anymore.” Kyuhyun stated, bending over to pick up the trodden material before he shoved it into his pocket.

“But that was new.” Sungmin whimpered.

Raising a brow Kyuhyun chuckled. “You are having all kinds of trouble aren’t you?”

“You have no idea.” Sungmin mumbled darkly.

“Tell you what.” Kyuhyun laughed, looking at the stalls about him. “Why don’t you go clean up in the bathroom and I’ll wait here. When you get back we will start this whole day over.”

“What do you mean?” Sungmin asked uncertainly.

“I mean,” Kyuhyun smirked, sitting on a bench patiently, holding the ice cream that once belonged to him. “When you get over here we will start everything over. No screaming, no yelling, no being late, no weird waitresses and no spilling of coffee.”

“But you’re wearing my jacket.” Sungmin began skeptically.

“Ah-ah-ah.” Kyuhyun smirked, waggling his finger. “I am wearing my jacket.”

“B-”

“The date starts in ten minutes.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“Date?!” Sungmin squeaked.

“Outing.” Kyuhyun corrected, leaning back onto the cold bench, pulling out a set of ear plugs. “If I were you I’d hurry.” He smirked, watching the other scuttle off. Sighing he breathed in the cold air, leaning his neck back as he let the warm rays bathe his skin. Softly the sweet melody floated over his ears. Leaping he felt a finger tap his shoulder, eyes cracking he leaned forward, grinning into the blushing face.

“E-excuse me. He murmured hesitantly. “A-are you busy?” he asked stiffly.

Chuckling Sungmin looked at him, eyes roving over the petite boy. “Maybe.” He hummed, watching him squirm uncomfortably.

“No you’re not.” Sungmin bit blushing while Kyuhyun quirked a brow at him. “I mean, oh that’ too bad.” He finished lamely.

Sniggering Kyuhyun covered his mouth. “You at acting.”

“Shut-up,” Sungmin bit. “I’m trying to improv!”

“I know, I know.” Kyuhyun laughed, tears of mirth forming in his eyes.

“Yah!” Sungmin demanded, fighting the grin that was threatening his plush lips. “This was you’re idea so you better play along!”

“Sorry, sorry.” Kyuhyun laughed, pursing his lips to hide a smile as he tried to play along. “Well, good sir.” He smirked, “Depends on who wants to know why.”

“And you said my acting .” Sungmin snorted, rolling his eyes before grinning brightly.

“We’re improving!” Kyuhyun sang, grinning mischievously.

Glaring good naturedly Sungmin fought the grin that fought to take his features. “I would like to know, good sir.” He smirked playfully.

“Well if it’s you then I have all day.” Kyuhyun smirked.

Repressing his smile Sungmin cleared his throat. “Then would you please accompany me?”

“It would be my pleasure.” Kyuhyun bowed elegantly, causing the other to burst into laughter.

“Ok, ok.” Sungmin laughed. “Where would you like to go?”

“Well,” Kyuhyun grinned, straightening. “If I am accompanying you shouldn’t you be the one to pick?”

Stunned Sungmin looked at him in surprise. “But we never do what I want.”

“Why not?” Kyuhyun asked, brow arched curiously.

“Uh, well.” Sungmin blushed, looking down to avoid the other’s intent stare. “I-I’m boring.” He mumbled softly.

“I never said that.” Kyuhyun countered.

“Yeah, but he-”

“I don’t care what anyone else said.” Kyuhyun laughed, standing he boldly laced their fingers together. “I am you partner for today.”

Blushing deeply Sungmin didn’t yank back but looked up uncertainly before looking away quickly. “Are you sure?” he asked uncertainty.

“Positive.” Kyuhyun laughed, tugging him along. “What would you like to do?”

“Uh, well,” Sungmin blushed, fidgeting slightly. “C-can we go to the amusement park?”

Opening his mouth Kyuhyun quickly decided to shut it before he reached into his pocket to fish out his phone, keeping hold of the other’s gloved hand. Grinning at Sungmin as he looked at him curiously he flipped his phone open, pulling up his browser.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin asked.

“Looking to see if it’s open.” Kyuhyun laughed.

“You’re not going to say no?” He asked uncertainly.

“Why would I?” Kyuhyun asked, frowning as his finger scrolled over the page.

“I-I don’t know.” Sungmin shrugged. “It was a weird place to pick.”

“Not really,” Kyuhyun hummed, frowning in dissatisfaction at the screen. “But it seems that it’s not open for another month or two.”

“Oh.” Sungmin sighed in disappointment.

“You really wanted to go?” Kyuhyun asked, peering at the other intently.

“A little.” He said softly. “I never really get to go.”

“Hmmm,” Kyuhyun hummed thoughtfully. “Why do you like to go?”

“It’ just fun.” The other shrugged. “And it has a lot of games and good food.”

“You like games?” He asked, eyes catching fire eagerly.

“Well, yeah.” Sungmin laughed slightly, shrugging. “I am a little competitive.”

“I think I know a place.” Kyuhyun grinned, eyes sparkling as he pulled Sungmin after him eagerly.

“Where?” Sungmin asked uncertainly, being tugged along.

“Secret.” Kyuhyun smirked, waving at a bus that was pulling off. Hopping on he scanned his bus card twice, laughing as the other pouted.

 

A/N: Soooo what do you think?Please comment~