Battle Royal~

Stolen Date

Part 3

“I have my own bus card.” Sungmin objected.

“Too late.” Kyuhyun sang, trying to find a hand hold on the crowded bus.

Wincing Sungmin felt himself jostled by the other passengers. Noticing Kyuhyun quickly pulled him to the front, protectively pinning him between himself and the bar in the front of the bus. Eyes growing wide Sungmin peered under his arm at the staring passengers and then back up at Kyuhyun’s indifferent face.

“I’m ok on my own.” He replied.

“Ok.” Kyuhyun shrugged, grinning down at the other, giving no signs of moving.

“They’re staring.” Sungmin objected in embarrassment.

“Let them stare.” Kyuhyun grinned, shrugging indifferent. “Not like we know them anyway.”

“But that Ahjumma looks angry.” He said nervously.

“So.” Kyuhyun shrugged, laughing at him. Looking up his eyes caught those of the middle-aged woman who quickly adverted them away. “Besides.” He smirked. “She’s not old enough to be an Ahjumma.”

“But-”

“Stop objecting or I’ll give them something to stare at.” Kyuhyun threatened, eyes dancing mischievously.

“Like what?” Sungmin squeaked. Acutely aware of how close the other was, his warmth engulfing him. He could feel the rumble of the other’s chest as he laughed at him.

“Too late!” Kyuhyun laughed, this s our stop!” he exclaimed, pulling the other after him. “Oh wait!” he exclaimed, quickly back tracking to the bus, catching the eyes of the older woman he smiled sweetly.

“And yes Noona,” he grinned, “he is my date.”  Smirking in satisfaction he retreated from the bus, pulling Sungmin after him, the woman’s stunned face following the as the bus pulled away, the driver shaking his head in amusement.

“You are shameless.” Sungmin replied; face red and lips pulling into a pleased smile.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” Kyuhyun laughed, rounding the corner. “You said you’re competitive right?”

“A little.” Sungmin replied.

“Great.” Kyuhyun smirked, drawing to a halt he turned to look at him. “So am I.”

“And?” Sungmin asked in confusion.

“And~,” Kyuhyun laughed, “Let’s see how competitive.” Drawing his arm wide Kyuhyun presented a large ten story building people filtering in and out, bags in hand, laughing as the revolving doors turned.

“At a mall?” Sungmin asked skeptically.

“The first five floors aren’t a mall.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“What are they?” he asked.

“Let’s go see!” he smirked, pulling him through the cross walk he grinned at the figure standing guard. “Hey Changmin!”

“Back already?” the other asked, scanning an id that Kyuhyun handed over.

“I’ve got a date this time.”

“You,” the other scoffed, “A date?”

“It’s not impossible.” Kyuhyun derided rolling his eyes.

“No,” Changmin laughed, eyes the petite man at his side. “You’re just incredibly picky.”

“And that’s wrong?”

“You are destined to be forever alone.” Changmin rolled his eyes looking at Sungmin he grinned. “How much did he pay you to be his date?”

“I actually forced him to be mine.” Sungmin blushed.

Mouth gaping he looked at the other as he bit his lower lip in embarrassment. “You. Forced him? The almighty Gamer that budges for no one?”

“That’s enough Changmin.” Kyuhyun huffed. “I have a game calling my name.”

Laughing the other shook his head as he looked at Sungmin, blushing slightly when the doe eyes trapped him. “I don’t know how he conned you into coming here, but if he’s too mean come to me. You can force a date on me anytime.” He winked.

Blushing Sungmin unconsciously tightened his fingers about Kyuhyun’s hand.

“He said he likes games.” Kyuhyun defended, pushing through the door he glared after the other. “And no hitting on him, he’s mine for the day.”

“What about tomorrow?” Changmin called eagerly.

Rolling his eyes Kyuhyun ignored him, pulling Sungmin into the small lobby.

“A friend?” Sungmin asked curiously, turning to look at the man as he stared at them through the glass. Seeing Sungmin’s look Changmin signaled a call me sign, causing his cheeks to flare. Seeing him Kyuhyun drew his thumb across his neck threateningly, eyes glaring balefully at him. Eyes widening Changmin’s mouth straightened as he turned in his chair to quickly ignore the duo.

“More like an old high school buddy/” Kyuhyun remarked darkly, satisfied Changmin’s back was the only thing they would see before he turned around.  “Just ignore him; he’s a bit of a player.”

“He seems nice.” Sungmin attempted, smiling slightly.

“A little too nice.” Kyuhyun scoffed irritably. He seriously disliked the way the other had made Sungmin blush, that was his job. Releasing Sungmin’s gloved hand he strode to the condiment counter. “Are you hungry?”

“Are you mad about something?” Sungmin asked curiously, peering up at the man as he glared at the menu.

“No.” Kyuhyun started flatly. Grinding his jaw he ignored the notion that he was jealous, after all this was just a day date. “Want a soda?”

“Uh huh,” Sungmin replied, looking at the counter. “I’ll take a coke.”

“Anything else?” Kyuhyun asked, forcing himself to sound more civil.

“Naw,” Sungmin shrugged, offering a dazzling smile in an attempt to placate the other. “Can I put my jacket anywhere?”

Finding it impossible to stay upset Kyuhyun grinned as well. “Yeah, I have a locker we can put them in.” Turning to the lady behind the counter he smiled sweetly. “Hey Sunny, can I get two cokes, a candy bar and some licorice?”

“Sure.” The pretty young girl smiled back, flashing him a look. “Who’s this?”

“This is-”

“I’m his date.” Sungmin supplied hurriedly, covering his mouth at his brashness. Straightening his back slightly he forced himself to drop his hand and look at the girl boldly.

Arching a brow the girl looked at him curiously, leaning on her hand her eyes roved him skeptically, a smirk playing on her pretty features. Glaring Back Sungmin realized he didn’t like the woman’s familiarity with Kyuhyun.

“Date huh?” she purred, looking at Kyuhyun before back Sungmin. “A boy’s day?”

“Yeah.” Sungmin replied defiantly. “Like a boyfriend-boyfriend boy’s day.” Sungmin replied determinedly, crossing his arms he met her gaze oblivious to Kyuhyun’s shocked face.

“Aren’t we feisty.” She chuckled, straightening she shook her short blonde hair from her almond eyes. “Want me to charge it to your card Kyu?” she asked, emphasizing his nickname.

“Ye-”

“I’ll pay.” Sungmin objected, hurriedly placing some bills on the counter.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun beamed down at him. “I’ll take your coat then.” He offered, extending his hand. “You can wait on our stuff and I’ll go put it in my locker.”

“Alright.” Sungmin replied, slightly flushed he shrugged out of his jacket, handing it to him.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun beamed; seeming slightly hesitant he leaned towards the other, paused and hurriedly scampered off to hang up the jackets.

“He almost kissed you.” Sunny mused aloud.

“What?!” Sungmin whirled on her, blushing brightly.

“You wanted him to didn’t you?” she smirked.

“No!” Sungmin quickly denied.

“Oh here he comes.” She laughed, pushing their order towards him. “Oh, and just so you no, you don’t have to be so jealous. Kyubabay and I don’t play each other’s fields.”

“I’m not jealous!” He objected.

“Denial~.” She hummed, waving to Kyuhyun when he approached. “Take it easy on him if you play StarCraft.” She laughed, winking at Kyuhyun playfully, laughing when Sungmin glared at her. “Complete denial.” she hummed.

Opening his mouth t object Kyuhyun unknowingly interrupted him. “Anything’s free game Sunny!” Pulling Sungmin after him he headed towards the large doors separating them from the other room. “Don’t forget we have a rematch!”

“As if!” she called after them, “I’m taking my victory and running!”

Laughing Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin, frowning slightly at the other’s scowl. “What’s wrong?”

“You sure know a lot of people.” He huffed slightly.

“I come here a lot.”

“On dates?”

“You’re my first date.” Kyuhyun winked, pushing the doors open to expose the loud interior. “I never brought anyone here before.”

“Oh,” Sungmin replied, eyes growing wide he took in the large arcade, kids running about and people avidly killing little minions on screens. The neon lights flashed and the ding of a winning bell rand in the air. The animated loud hum of an angry engine and screaming brakes cut through the air, laughter and curses ringing together.

“Welcome to my paradise!” Kyuhyun laughed, having to shout over the noise.

“Where are we?” Sungmin asked, enthralled by the games about him.

“A gamer’s paradise!” Kyuhyun laughed, eyeing the different machines hungrily. “Which one would you like to play first?”

“I choose?” Sungmin guffawed.

“It won’t be fair if I choose.” Kyuhyun laughed, “I practically live here!”

“What are you good at?”

“Anything.” He smirked, “Except those.” He amended, pointing to the strength measures outside and the car simulators. “Not much for those.”

“Then we do those first!” Sungmin grinned, racing for one of the simulated bikes. “Come on!” he laughed, pointing to the bike beside him. “I’ll race you!”

“I’ll lose!” Kyuhyun objected, climbing onto the other bike.

“That’s the point!” Sungmin laughed, bending down as he prepared for the simulator to begin.

“Cheater!” he laughed, bending to the side to pick his bike.

“I prefer strategic player.” Sungmin laughed, sticking his tongue out as he chose nitro for his bike.

“I’m going to destroy you!” Kyuhyun vowed watching the timer wind down.

“Bring it!” Sungmin challenged, revving his engine and shooting his bike across the line.

Ϣ

“Best date ever!” Sungmin squealed happily, spinning to look at Kyuhyun. “Let’s do dance revolution next!”

Laughing Kyuhyun sank to one of the benches, watching Sungmin do a victory dance at yet another victory. Six bike races, two stock-car championships, three air hockey games, two speed of light games, and four rounds of fruit ninja later and Kyuhyun was thoroughly destroyed. Shaking his head he watched the other happily.

“You’re secretly a gamer aren’t you?” he accused good naturedly.

“Nope!” Sungmin laughed, stopping to grin at him. “But I did tell you I was competitive!”

“Very much so.” Kyuhyun laughed. “How about we play one of my games now?” he asked, eyes dancing happily.

“Which one would that be?” Sungmin laughed happily. “StarCraft is forbidden!” he quickly added.

Pouting Kyuhyun thought, smiling wickedly. “How about Gundam vs Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost?”

“What’s that?” Sungmin asked innocently.

“Kyuhyun?” a voice slithered between them.

Instantly frowning Kyuhyun looked up the man glowering over them. “What do you want Kangin.” He dead panned.

“You’re too busy to hang with me yet you bring this pip squeak here?” he demanded lowly.

“Hey who’s the pip squeak?” Sungmin demanded indignantly, face flushing in anger.

“Wasn’t talking to you.” The larger man ground, glaring at him.

“Can you try not to be so rude to another date?” Kyuhyun droned in irritation. “And I never said I was too busy.” He scoffed. “I simply said no.”

“Can I ask you to leave?” Sungmin deadpanned, voice growing irritated.

“You can.” Kangin smirked.

“But I doubt we will.” Another voice added, a lean man standing beside them, sighing irritably.

“Yesung.” Kyuhyun sighed irritably, nodding to the dark haired youth. “What are you doing with him?”

“Babysitting.” He shrugged.

“Come play with me.” Kangin insisted.

“I’m currently playing with him.” Kyuhyun replied, eyes hooding in irritation.

“What if we get rid of him?” Yesung asked curiously.

“Excuse me?” Sungmin demanded, crossing his arms angrily.

“You know violence is strongly prohibited in here.” Kyuhyun scoffed.

“It wasn’t intended to be violent.” Yesung replied.

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin queried, interest peaked.

“We compete.” Kangin replied eyes narrowed at Sungmin.

“We’re not in medieval Europe.” Kyuhyun scoffed in boredom. “And I am far from some damsel.”

“You can partake as well.” Yesung offered.

Raising his brow Kyuhyun regarded them skeptically. “You know I’ll hand you your asses in any RPG game.”

“We choose the game.” Kangin hurriedly supplied.

“He’s got you beat in the other’s.” Kyuhyun laughed, brows raised in contempt. “You think I’d be with an amateur?” He bluffed.

“We’ll see.” Yesung shrugged indifferently. “You in?”

“Depends on what the game is.” Kyuhyun replied, ignoring his competitive nature that screamed to take the challenge. “Apparently I’m the stakes.”

“We choose among one of those.” Kangin smirked, watching Kyuhyun’s smirk falter when he saw where he was pointing.

Eyes scanning the room with machines Kyuhyun frowned. Narrowing he took in the punching bags and meters. “Those are all strength meter games.” He scowled.

“If you don’t participate it’s an automatic default.” Yesung replied simply.

“As if I would-”

“If we participate you leave Kyuhyun alone?” Sungmin asked curiously, looking at the games.

Leering at him Kangin crossed his arms snuggly. “Sure.”

“And just not for today?”

“For the rest of my life.” Kangin leered, drawing close to Sungmin’s face. “Scout’s honor.”

“Challenge accepted.” Sungmin grinned, “But, you chose the machines, I choose which one.”

“Suit yourself.” Kangin scoffed happily. “Anything else?”

“Yeah,” Sungmin grinned, sauntering towards the room. “Take a breath mint.”

Scrambling after him Kyuhyun pulled him to the side before they entered the room, ignoring Kangin as he shoved passed angrily.

“Are you crazy?” he demanded.

“What do you mean?” Sungmin blinked in confusion.

“Have you not seen him?!”

“How could I miss him?” Sungmin laughed, “He was inches from my face!”

“That’s not what I meant.” Kyuhyun replied, glancing to where Kangin was lounging against a machine smugly grinning at them. “He’s freaking huge.”

Following his gaze Sungmin felt satisfaction when the other instantly scowled. “Strength isn’t everything.’” Sungmin replied raising his hand he gave Kangin a finger wave, smiling brightly when he saw his jaw clench.

“I knew you said you were competitive but I am really starting to worry about you’re intelligence.”

Turning back Sungmin just laughed, patting his cheek. “Have a little faith.” He encouraged, turning to enter the room.

“So,” Kangin drawled, “Which game do you choose?”

Eyeing the machines he grinned. “That one.” He proclaimed pointing.

Turning to look at the game Kangin’s grin became wider and Yesung shook his head.

“Interesting date you have there.” He commented to Kyuhyun casually.

“Stupid is more like it.” Kyuhyun groaned eyeing the shooting ball machine.

“Do you have an idea of how it works?” Kangin laughed, taking in the other’s light build, most notably his slender legs and honey thighs.

“I can guess.” Sungmin grinned sweetly. “Would you like to go first?”

“Just to make sure,” Yesung interrupted, “You kick the ball as hard as you can and the machine will register how powerful the kick was.”

“I’m fine with that.” Sungmin grinned, turning to look at Kangin expectantly. “Are you?”

“More than fine.” He scoffed.

“Are there any rules?” Sungmin asked blandly, watching Kyuhyun squirm uncomfortably.

“Winner with the most powerful kick wins.” Yesung shrugged indifferently.

“No redos?” Sungmin asked, brow arched carefully.

“No redos.” Kangin sneered, “First kick counts.”

“No redos?” Kyuhyun squeaked.

“Alright.” Sungmin grinned; fishing in his pocket he found a napkin. Looking at Yesung he grinned. “Got a pen?”

“Yeah.” He replied, fishing in his pocket. “Why?”

“I want you to write this down and we can all sign it.” He hummed happily watching Kangin’s eyes flash in irritation.

“What?” Sungmin shrugged innocently, “I’m a law student, I like to get things in writing.”

Groaning Kyuhyun rubbed his temple, planning his escape routes from memory.

“On a napkin?” Yesung scoffed, taking it he diligently wrote the competition and rules on the napkin, scrawling his name as well.

“It doesn’t matter what it’s on, it’s the signatures that make it binding.” Sungmin grinned sweetly, “Can you write witness above your name? You and Kyu aren’t exactly participating.” He grinned watching Kangin’s jaw clench when he used the girl’s nickname for him.

“Whatever.” Yesung scoffed, scrawling it before he handed the napkin to Kangin. Angrily signing it Kangin handed it to him with a smirk, “Can we finish this?”

“After we sign.” Sungmin grinned; taking the napkin he wrote his name. Handing it to Kyuhyun he grinned. “You’ll like the title.” He laughed.

Looking down at it Kyuhyun scowled, “I’m not signing that.” He insisted, staring at the parchment the read: The Fight for Damsel Kyuhyun.

“Suit yourself.” Sungmin shrugged, handing the napkin back to Yesung. “Don’t lose it.” He added darkly.

“I won’t.” Yesung replied simply, setting the napkin on the table.

“Really?” Kyuhyun deadpanned, watching Kangin place his coins in the machine and the lights begin to spin. “Damsel Kyuhyun?”

“I figured we needed some humor.” Yesung shrugged neutrally.

Rolling his eyes Kyuhyun shook his head, resisting the urge to gag when Kangin made a kissing motion at him.

“Why are you even friends with him?” he demanded.

“Someone needs to keep an eye on him.” Yesung shrugged indifferently. “Besides, he’s my boyfriend’s brother.”

“How he and Ryeowook are related beats me.”

“I know right” Yesung replied. “Oh, there he goes.” He proclaimed, leaning in his chair he grinned smugly as the light went past the silver and into the upper bronze ranging, almost touching gold. Turning he grinned at Kyuhyun as he groaned in horror. “Looks like you’re hanging out with us today.”

“Sungmin still needs to go.” Kyuhyun stated firmly, hands growing clammy.

“As if he can beat that.” Yesung scoffed.

“Not bad.” Sungmin commented in appreciation. “You probably would have gone gold if you’d used your body.”

“Ready to forfeit?” Kangin smirked.

“I’ll take my chances.” Sungmin grinned, winking at Kyuhyun. Mouth gaping at his nonchalance Kyuhyun watched him stride to the front of the machine.

Inhaling deeply, head bowing Sungmin placed his hands up into a fighting position, feet splaying before his head snapped up, eyes vicious his foot swung around, connecting with the rubber of the machine. Jaw dropping the trio watched the meter soar into the gold, hitting the bell it set off the winning alarms. Grinning his fist dropped to his side and Sungmin’s eyes lolled to the side.

“I think it’s my victory.” He replied simply.

“Wha-bu-I don’t get it!” Kangin exclaimed in dismay.

“Looks like you lost.” Yesung shrugged.

“Well I see that but how?!” he exclaimed angrily.

“You underestimated me.” Sungmin grinned; walking to Kyuhyun he grabbed his hand, tugging the stunned male after him. “Now if you will excuse me I have a date to finish.” Grinning Yesung he plucked the napkin from his hand. “I’ll be taking this.” Turning he grinned up at the larger male. “Remember our agreement Kangin-shi.” He smirked. “After all, I got it in writing.” Winking he pulled Kyuhyun from the room. Stunned Kangin watched him go and Yesung chuckled, a mild smile playing on his lips.

“Very interesting indeed.” He chuckled softly.

“I lost.” Kangin replied in disbelief.

Looking back at him Yesung shook his head, chuckling slightly. “Come on big guy, I bet Wook will make you some cookies for a consolation.” He comforted, patting the other on the back.

“I-I don’t get it.” Kyuhyun responded, trailing after him. “How did you…”

“I told you to have some faith.” Sungmin chuckled, blushing at the incredulous look he received. Shaking his head he grinned brightly. “I may have taken a few martial arts classes.” He shrugged.

“A few?”

“Ok a lot.” He laughed. “So how about that round of dance revolution?”

“I’m actually kind of gamed out at the moment.” Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head at the recent match for his day. Grinning he looked at the other, trying to hide his relief at the other’s victory. “Anywhere else you want to go?”

“I get to pick again?”

“Well, technically I picked here.” Kyuhyun shrugged, smirk back to his features. “Plus you ‘won’ me.” He laughed seductively, eyes twinkling. “I am officially yours, according to that napkin.”

“Well,” Sungmin blushed, breaking their gaze. “… let’s go to NSeoul Tower!”

“The Tower?” Kyuhyun asked skeptically.

“Yeah!” Sungmin grinned, warming to the idea. “I’ve lived here my whole life, but I have never been there!”

“Now that I think about it,” Kyuhyun mused, “Me either!”

“Then let’s go!” Sungmin laughed, pulling him after him.

“What are we going to do up there?” Kyuhyun laughed, trailing after the other.

“See the city!” Sungmin grinned over his shoulder, shoving him into a cab. “Duh~”

 

A/N: Coment and let me know what oyu think! ^_^