13 | Overprotective

Queenka, Gangsters & the Kid
Overprotective 
┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉

"Lauren-ah..."

"Lauren-ah, wake up. Time for school." I pinched her cheeks as well as drew circles on her knee because that was her weak spot. She grunted and shuffled underneath the blanket. "Omma, stop it, it tickles." she yawned.

I chuckled and thought to myself, any second now she would realized it. As expected, her eyes popped open and she pounced onto me, squeezing me breathless. "Omma..."

The power that word holds could do so much to a human heart. In my case, it has the power to break it. Over the month we spent together, I got her worried twice. And I wished there wouldn't be a third or fourth or forever. I don't want her growing up losing faith in the word 'omma'.

For the whole day, she didn’t left my side except for when she was at school. Being clingy to me, she made her two favorite oppa jealous (try and guess who) as she ignored them, literally.

“Lauren-ah, come play with oppa,” one of them asked her.

Lauren simply ignored him and when he asked again, she replied, “Leave me alone with omma.” I couldn’t held my laughter back looking at the poor guy who was never rejected by Lauren.

From that day onwards, I went to school together with all six of the boys, as insisted by the leader himself. So much for being over protective, the boys said. It didn't end there too. He assigned 'guards' for me, one person at a time, checking on me in between classes.

He was losing his sanity, the smart one whispered to me behind his back during a class we shared together. Yongguk had been possessed, the maknae complained when he came to me before recess one day. I don't even know who he is, his right hand man shook his head when I asked why the fuss on being overprotective.

Yongguk finally told me on our way back home one day that not until he found out who was behind the kidnapping, he'll be keeping his guard up. That means, more protection for me and even Lauren. It could be a possibility they even knew of our little princess

And each day since, I tried contacting my dad since he was the reason I got abducted. Block B rarely confronted me since I was usually surrounded by BAP but they did whenever they had the chance. Zico, especially always glared my way if we passed each other.

"Sohyun, hi.” A classmate of mine approached me while I packing my stuffs into my bag. She was one of the pretty girls that ranked second best to the queeka(s) circle. There was a reason why they’re second best, because they care a little too much on everyone’s life.

"Hi, anything I can help you with?" I glanced up at her then back to what I was doing.

"I was just wondering, no I mean 'we'," she gestured towards her circle, "are you finally settling down?"

I raised a questioning brow, “Settling down? As in?”

"You're not chasing after our boys anymore. Have you found the right one or there’s no one to chase anymore? Out of prey?” She burst out in a silly laugh with her friends and I couldn’t help but rolled my eyes.

I smiled sarcastically and rose from my seat, "Omo, don’t tell me that you’re jealous, darling? The fact that I’ve dated most of them but you haven’t?”

The smile from her face was replaced with burning redness. Back at you, girl. “You’re such a b****, Sohyun.”

I saw Yongguk standing outside my class, waiting for me to head home. I hoped he didn’t heard her. Deep inside, I may not be that queenka anymore, but to them, I was still that girl. As much as that word hurt me, they must not know that. I walked away from them but stopped short to deliver my final remark, “Oh, just so you know, they’re the ones who chase after me, not the other way around.”

 

++++++++++

 

"Hey," I leaned against the door with my arms crossed.

Yongguk turned around, slipping his phone into his pocket. He had a rough week, got into a couple of fights with some gangs. Although he got the rest of the boys, sometimes at night, he would sneak out alone to patrol the area or searched for the kidnappers.

"What is it? Is there anything wrong?" He asked, approaching me.

I shook my head. "You look awful, Yongguk," I traced a finger on a fresh cut near his jawline.

He grabbed my hand away from his face and kissed the back of it. "If you got nothing to say, I have to go now, I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

"You can't go, Yongguk. "

"Sohyun, what are you-"

"Please, give it a rest. You’re trying hard enough already. I feel guilty, it’s my mess but I got you involved, so stop making my guilt worse.” I let out my inner feelings. Yes, I felt as though he had to do it just because I was his girlfriend, like I was holding him back while I did nothing. “So please, just for tonight, go have fun with the boys or sleep, whatever a normal boy do.”

He leaned against the door frame, watching me then smirked. “Hey queenka, shut up. Being serious doesn’t suits you.”

I chuckled, “God, I miss that annoying side of you. So will you please go have some fun or something? And by fun, I mean not hurting yourself.”

He waved for me to come to him and I did. Yongguk hugged me and added, “And stop trying to sound like my wife.”

I gasped and hit him on his chest. Yongguk yelped in pain and rubbed where it hurt him. “Queenka, what was that for?”

“I am your wife, Mr. Bang. Your pretend wife, dear fake husband.” I stuck my tongue out at him and rushed into my room before he caught me.

“Yah, queenka!” He shouted, banging on the locked door to his former bedroom.

I burst out laughing after seeing that confused look on him and didn’t notice Lauren who was playing with her toys. “Omma, are you okay? Why is appa calling for you?”

“Oh, Lauren, you’re here. Aren’t you supposed to be with Daehyun?” I asked her, pushing aside the question and climbed on bed next to her.

She shook her head, “He said he had a date. Lauren is all alone.”

“Hey, you’re not alone. I’m here. Are you bored?” I asked and she nodded. An idea came to my mind and I whispered it out to Lauren to carry out my plan. With that, I headed for a shower and let Lauren carried it out.

“Where’s your omma, Lauren?” Yongguk asked his ‘daughter’.

“Appa, do you have anything to do tonight?” She fiddled with her fingers.

“No, I don’t. I guess. Why?”

“Omma said to take her out on a date. Lauren comes too. If not, omma will find herself a new boyfriend.” She flashed a smile to an amused, smirking Yongguk.

“You’ll never find someone as good as me, queenka!” He shouted to me who was hiding in the bathroom.

I shouted back, “Oh yeah? Try me! I’m the Park Sohyun, remember?”

“Alright, fine! Get dressed,both of you!”

 

┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈e.g.

 
`author's notes!
 
Cheers for the long awaited update! So many things happened in my life these past few months of kind of like hiatus. I don't think this chapter will make up for it, but I'm trying to get to write back again. Thank you all for waiting, some even commented and welcome new subbies! Feel free to drop feedbacks. As of now, peace out!
P/S : #BAPISBACK #BAPISBACK #YOUNGWILDANDFREE #SORRYYONGGUKIFINDJONGUPATTRACTIVETHISCOMEBACK