A Thousand Electrical Sparks

Just a Library

Chanyeol walked up to the library first and opened the door for Baekhyun.

“Thank you,” he smiled at his boyfriend. “Such a gentleman.”

“You know I always am. I’m just trying to be extra chivalrous today.”

“Why? What’s today?”

Chanyeol stopped dead in his tracks and gaped at the other with wide eyes.

“I’m just kidding,” Baekhyun said laughing and slipped his hand into Chanyeol’s. “I know it’s our 100th day anniversary. Gosh, I didn’t think you’d get so offended. Close your mouth, Yeolie.” He closed it for him.

“Hey guys!” Jongdae greeted the two with Minseok following behind. “You finished with class yet? We’re going out to lunch right now,” he said, tilting his head to Minseok who had wrapped his arms around him, put his hands in Jongdae’s jacket pockets, and rested his chin on his shoulder. “We could have that double-date you owe us.”

“Oh, we just ate actually. And we both have another class in half an hour,” Baekhyun apologized.

“And I’m taking Baekie out to dinner today. It’s our 100th day anniversary.” Chanyeol gave a proud smile.

“Awww,” Minseok cooed. “That’s really great you guys. Congratulations.”

Chanyeol smiled wider and squeezed Baekhyun’s hand.

“How long have you guys been dating?” Baekhyun asked them.

Minseok stood up straight. “Like… six hundred…twenty… twenty…”

“…Thirty,” Jongdae corrected.

“Thirty?”

“Six hundred thirty four. We’ve been together for six hundred and thirty four days.” Jongdae nodded. “I remember because I have to find somewhere new to feed him every hundred days.” Minseok bit his lip and smiled in embarrassment when Jongdae kissed him on the cheek. “It’s all worth it though. Even if he’s eternally hungry.”

Baekhyun looked away feeling overwhelmed by their affections. Chanyeol stared in awe and fascination.

“Yeah, well speaking of eternal hunger, we should get going,” Minseok said taking his hands out of Jongdae’s pockets. “We’ll see you guys around. Call us up for that double-date, alright?”

The two couples parted ways. Baekhyun lead Chanyeol past the librarian who was getting her in a bunch over Wufan and Zitao.

“Those two are cute,” Baekhyun commented.

Chanyeol looked over. “Them? They’re dating?”

“No, but they will be. It’s only a matter of time before one of them finally lets go of their pride and asks the other out. I bet Zitao would snap first.”

“Why do you say that? How can you even tell they like each other?” Chanyeol scratched his head.

“Well, Zitao is painfully obvious about his crush on Wufan. He follows the guy around like a puppy. He pretty much worships the ground he walks on.” They turned and made their way to the back of the book shelves and sat down at the end of the aisle. “Actually, Zitao reminds me a little of you when you first had a crush on me.”

Chanyeol frowned. “I did not worship the ground you walked on.” He awkwardly got down and sat cross-legged in front of him.

“No, but you did follow me around like a puppy.”

“That’s not true.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “ ‘Hi Baekhyun! How’s your day? Where are you going? Can I come too? Hey Baekhyun! What class do you have now? Let me walk you there! Here, let me carry your books! Oh Baekhyun! Are you hungry? We should go out to eat! Let me pay for you!’ ”

“I did not sound like that!”

“Yes you did!”

“Did not!”

“Did too! Don’t try to deny it,” he laughed at his boyfriend’s whining. “Chanyeol, stop pouting or I’m gonna kiss you!”

The playing stopped. Their smiles melted from their faces and they both leaned back, staring at the ground.

“You know,” Baekhyun forced out quietly. “I was talking to Junmyun a couple days ago.” He picked at an invisible thread on his sweater. “And he was surprised to find out that we hadn’t… um… kissed yet.” That last part was barely above a whisper, but he knew Chanyeol heard it from the way his eyes flickered at the word.

“I mean,” Baekhyun carefully began to move. “It’s our 100th day anniversary. Maybe we should celebrate it… in that way.” He inched his way closer until he was sitting side by side Chanyeol.

He looked at Baekhyun nervously and gave a shaky laugh. “You mean like… kiss? I-” Chanyeol laughed again, but it was even less convincing.

Baekhyun’s face fell. “Oh… okay.” He was clearly disappointed. Maybe they’d finally kiss in another hundred days. “Whatever.” Baekhyun started to get up and move back to his original spot until Chanyeol grabbed his arm.

“Wait.” Chanyeol in a breath and slowly let it out. He opened his eyes and stared into Baekhyun’s seriously.

“I haven’t had my first kiss yet.”

Baekhyun stared at him. “But you said-”

“I lied. I never kissed a boy. Or a girl. Or anything for that matter. Well, I kissed my stuffed giraffe once- ah well, maybe a couple of times. But that’s because I was preparing for my first kiss. Which I haven’t even had yet. I mean like, a real one. You know, like with a human being. Like…” he stopped rambling for a second. “Like with you.”

Baekhyun’s heart felt like it was about to burst. How could he have been so lucky to find the sweetest, most adorable and loving, awkward giant? He had to treat him gently.

“Give me your hand,” Baekhyun said softly.

Chanyeol complied, unsure of what was happening.

“Are you scared?”

He stared at the smaller boy and slowly nodded. Baekhyun took the large hand and placed it against his chest. He smiled sincerely at him.

“Feel that? I am too.”

Chanyeol stared at the place where Baekhyun’s heart fluttered gently. The beating beneath his fingers couldn’t lie; he wasn’t alone on this. Chanyeol felt a little giddy knowing that they were both afraid. Maybe even a little excited too. He lifted Baekhyun’s hand and placed it over his own chest. Baekhyun was startled at first by how much faster Chanyeol’s heart was beating, but he gave him a warm smile and an understanding laugh.

“May I… kiss you?” Baekhyun asked politely. Chanyeol gulped and stared at him. He felt the rise and fall of Baekhyun’s chest and tried to imitate it, hoping to calm himself down. Finally, he gave a small nod.

Baekhyun took his hand from Chanyeol’s chest  and placed it on his cheek. “Do you trust me?” He rose up a bit, leaned in, and whispered, “Close your eyes.”

He did as he was told.

“Chanyeol…” he heard as he felt Baekhyun’s forehead touch his. “Breathe.”

Oh right. He inhaled his boyfriend’s sweet, familiar scent, and slowly exhaled.

Gently, Baekhyun placed his lips on Chanyeol’s. A thousand electrical sparks flew down Chanyeol’s nerves and back up again. He suddenly became panicked over what to do with his arms and hands, but his mind wouldn’t function correctly. Chanyeol settled with keeping them where they were and taking note of Baekhyun’s slowly increasing heart rate. So many things were happening at once, and yet, both boys were staying absolutely still.

After what seemed too soon for Chanyeol, Baekhyun pulled back, pecked his lips sweetly one last time, and then looked up at him expectantly.

“So?” Baekhyun inquired innocently.

“That was… nice… I mean, it was really really great. Better than kissing Tiny of course.”

Baekhyun squinted his eyes. “You named your stuffed giraffe Tiny?”

They shared a smile and a half-embarrassed laugh.

“Can we please not have this conversation right now, Jongin?”

“Well, when then?  Because you and I both know that you’re never gonna bring this up again ‘cause you think I’ll- oh.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked over to see Jongin and his boyfriend, Kyungsoo, staring at them down the aisle. They immediately pulled apart and awkwardly attempted to look normal.

“Sorry to intrude on your… moment.” Jongin tried not to smirk and Kyungsoo cleared his throat, looking away.

“We weren’t-”

“It’s not what it looks like-”

“We were just looking for a quiet place-”

“But it’s not like we haven’t kissed before.”

Baekhyun shot him a look that made Chanyeol give a cheesy grin.

A sad smile tugged on Kyungsoo’s lips. “You guys… look great together, by the way.”

“Thanks! It’s our 100th day anniversary today,” Chanyeol proudly announced.

“Wow,” Kyungsoo breathed quietly. “Congratula-” At that moment, Kyungsoo’s voice caught in his throat and his large eyes became glassy. He turned and quickly left to an unknown aisle. Jongin gave a brief nod to the couple and ran after him.

Chanyeol leaned back against the books. “What was that?”

“I’m sure it’s nothing too serious. They’ll work it out, whatever it is.”

He nodded and looked toward Baekhyun. Chanyeol pulled him towards his chest and cradled the smaller boy in his arms. “So…”

“Yes?” Baekhyun snuggled into the embrace comfortably.

“Could we maybe…?”

Baekhyun’s light laughter warmed Chanyeol’s heart. “Yes.”

And the air was filled again with a thousand electrical sparks.

 

 

A/N: Okeydokey guys :3 I probably at writing fluff >w< Gonna try something not as warm and airy with Kaisoo. You know how it is with those two XD