Prologue 7

Cornelia's korean adventures

Two hours into the flight Cornelia had become more or less bored. On the little TV in her seat you could only watch bad sitcoms ore Korean News. Where were the Korean Dramas? The Variety Shows? The Music Shows? You could at least expect that on an eleven hours flight to Seoul. So after a while Cornelia had decided to listen to her K-Pop music on her IPod. She plugged in her headphones and started to drown the toilet noises with Big Bang.

Cornelia listened to 2NE1, Top and G-Dragon, when she finally fell asleep to One of a kind.

In her dream she was on stage with G-Dragon and sang with him to thousands of fans. And she was really good if she could say so. They loved her. In the end they chanted her name and G-Dragon gave her a kiss and the other members of Big Bang came on stage and celebrated her. It was so fantastic until a little brat came on stage and started to shout at her that she was stupid. So Cornelia started to sing to convince him otherwise.

~ Da ba kkunikka geunikka isillyeok i eodigamnikka

Get back igeon jangnananya young & rich that’s naran mallya

So I´m fast so what is okay jigeum jangnanhanya? Na jangnananya ~

„You really can’t sing, stop immediately!” somebody suddenly shouted.

It shocked her so much she startled. Great …now the dream was over. She opened her eyes and cached sight of a little Korean boy who leaned over his seat and looked at her critically. He was about six years old and Cornelia could see at his mimic that he was a little spoiled brat.

“Hey watch it. It’s very impolite and rude to wake a stranger up if it isn’t an emergency.”

“I couldn’t care less, you were rude. Look around, everybody is watching you, because you were singing in your sleep. And not very good either, if I may add.”

“You may not! And I can sing quite well!”, Cornelia said back disgruntled.

“Okay, you think so? Then let’s take a vote.” The boy said and locked at the other passengers. “Who thinks this woman here can sing well? Raise your hand.” The other people just looked embarrassed on the floor and avoided Cornelia’s glare.

“And who thinks she can’t sing and can’t speak Korean at all?” Now some shy hands went up.

Cornelia’s head got tomato red as she sent her death glare first at the others and then at that little smartass in front of her. All her pent up frustration over New Zealand and this situation exploded and unfortunately for the boy, he was her target. That flight would be one to never forget. The boy would be in therapy for the next few years and never ever embarrass an Austrian again.