After Effects

Not Your Typical Memory Loss

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

                Just now, I’ve met Lee Sungmin. But I think I missed something. Is there something I forgot? But nothing’s happened, right? We just nicely introducing ourselves. Then talking about some unimportant things. Asked for each other’s condition. Exchanged goodbyes.

Why do I feel like I missed something important? This feeling of having something left unsolved..

                ….Okay, I think something goes wrong in my mind. It must be nothing. I shouldn’t think too much. I might turned crazy if this continues.

 

--

 

SUNGMIN’s POV

 

                What was just now? I think something’s important was going on.. But it’s not like that, right? It’s only Jessica. I mean, what’s there so important about her? Feels like I missed something.

              It felt like this since we released the handshakes.. But why is that? Why’s that handshakes felt really important? It’s not like I want to handshakes her for a longer time..

                Ah… All of this was because I’m lack of sleep…

 

--

 

YOONA’s POV

 

                “Eonnie! You didn’t buy me anything?” I asked.

              “Of course I bought you something. Here. I don’t know what do you like so I picked what I want. You’re not going to cook?” Sica-unnie asked while handed a bread to me.

                “I don’t want to cook today. I must enjoy my precious holiday to the fullest!”

                “Yeah, yeah, you’re such a busy woman. Unnie is sooo envious of you~”

             “Don’t tease me like that. Your schedules are quite tight too.” I talked back. “But Unnie, really, your image is getting better these days. I think you’re getting popular.”

                “Yah! So you said I wasn’t popular back then?!” She’s jokingly angry.

                “Ooops!” I laughed.

                Sica-unnie visits our dorm almost everyday now. Even if she has no schedules with us, she always come here. Back then, she always locked herself in her bedroom when she had free times.

“Unnie, can I ask you something?”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“Umm… How does it feel? I mean, losing your memories?”

She paused for a second then laughed. “You’re actually curious about that?”

“Of course. I’ve only seen that in the movie..”

“Well,don’t you think you will make me pissed off, asking things like that?”

I felt a little guilty. “Oh.. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean..”

Okay, she laughed at me again. “I was just joking. It’s alright. It’s just.. your question is rather.. interesting.”

“So, how does it feel? I really am curious..”

“Hmm.. I can’t describe it perfectly. It scares me at first. Not knowing who I am, of course. But as I’m used to it, it feels quite nice. I mean, there’s some feeling of.. adventure? To find the lost me. There will be some excitement if I can feel something similar in my mind. But most of the time, it would became frustrating. As I tried to think more, I can’t find anything else..”

“How could that possible?”

“Don’t ask me.. I’m not the one who’s creating humans, silly..” She added.

I laughed. “But, the silly me is cute, right?”

“No. Eonnie is cuter than you.” She said while jokingly pouting at me.

“Aww, don’t act cute! I can’t stand it!”

That’s right. Lately, she’s been acting cute. The funny thing is, she does it in front of girls, but not in front of the guys. I don’t dislike it though. Just a little jealous.

But she’s kind of distant from me now. It’s just as if she’s building a wall to surrounds her. She’s nice, but she’s not that close anymore. Maybe she’s still adapting.

I hope we will be able to be closer anytime soon..

 

--

 

KYUHYUN’s POV

 

He sits on his bed with this questioning look on his face. He stared directly at me. He said nothing but keep staring.

            I moved to my bed. It’s only 10 now, too early for Cho Kyuhyun to sleep. I know, but I did this on purpose. Remember the whole nice treatments I should give to him? This is what I’m doing now. Makes him comfortable. Reduce noises at night. Who knows maybe one day he will soften his heart and let me play games during nights.

                I was ready to go to the dreamland when he started to talk to me.

                “Kyu?”

                I was surprised. “Ne, hyung?” I turned around to face him. With the sweetest smile of mine.

                “Are you going to sleep?”

                “Yeah.. I was about to..”

                He seems to hesitate for a moment. “.. I think I should apologize to you. I’m sorry.” He said with his head bowed down a little but his eyes weren’t directed to the floor but to me, with a slight of guilt.

                Again, he surprised me. “What’s with you, Min-hyung?” I let out a small laugh.

               “Well, I am sorry because you have to pretended to be nice in front of me. It shouldn’t be like this, Kyu..”

                I was taken a back. He found out? But.. how? “I’m not pretending, hyung. Is it wrong if I’m nice to you? You are my hyung, anyway..”

                “It’s not wrong at all. But you don’t have to force yourself to be nice to me when you didn’t feel that way. It’s kinda burdening, isn’t it? For both you and me.”

                “Okay, so you don’t want me to be nice to you? Fine.” I said selfishly and turned my back on him. He’s right, but I don’t want to admit that.

                “Oh,come on, Kyu. That’s not what I meant! I have already lower my pride in front of you. Can’t you at least accept that?” He suddenly burst out.

                I was about to soften myself to him when he said that. “What’s with you, really. Firstly apologize to me out of the blue. Now, yelling out like this!”

                “I’m not yelling at you! You are the one that yelling at me!” He said.

                “See? You are yelling at me!”

                “No, I’m not! You are!”

                “I’m not!”

                “Yes, you are!”

                “I told you, I’m not! But you are!”

                “God, Kyu! You are yelling at me!”

                “Should I repeated it? I’m not!”

                “Yes, you are!”

                “No, I’m not!”

                Suddenly the door opened with a loud sound. “Fine! So you both playing a game about ‘No, I’m not’ and ‘Yes, you are’. How interesting.” A familiar voice said that with no signs of interested in it.

                Leeteuk-hyung stood in front of us with a scary face. “I heard you guys being way ‘too friendly’ these days. I didn’t know that you have to bother the others with your ‘friendly chats’ at night. Should I join you guys? We can have a ‘heart-to-heart’ talk until morning.” He said that with scary face.

                We both shake our heads and went silent.

                “Good. So you want to sleep now, right?” Now he said it with scary smile.

                We both nod in harmony.

                He left our room. We still in the silent mode and went to our bed without a single word spoken.

 

--