Chapter 4

Doubtful Relationship

Your POV

Tomorrow is our third month together and I’m fully aware that at this very moment he’s sat in a club again.  I feel as though I have completely reached my limits, this whole week has been so mentally tiring.  

A couple of minutes ago, I was miserably sobbing over the phone with Suji and Minyoung. They both know everything about my insecurities. I was never able to keep any secrets from them. They are my most trusted people. The two of them weren’t much of a help to my problems at first as they both had this I-told-you-so attitude towards the whole situation. Afterall they were the ones who warned me beforehand. They never approved of Kai being my boyfriend but respected my decisions. They did of course offer words of comfort and listened to hours of me rambling on about my current life issues. The phone call lasted over an hour which consisted of a lot of my sobbing as well as Minyoung’s advices, Suji’s comforting words and Minyoung’s scolding. We finally hung up after I made a big decision with the support of my bestest friends.

My body soon grew tired from all the crying. I got up from my messed up bed with a pillow soaked in tears and made my way to the bathroom. I stared at my hideous reflection in the mirror. My eyes were all swollen and my whole face was all red and puffy.

I sighed at my pitiful self and proceeded to clean myself up. Well I do have to meet him tomorrow. I’ll have to at least make myself look more presentable to him.


After a rough night’s sleep I woke up quite early this morning and have gotten myself all ready and washed up. Standing in front of the full length mirror on my wardrobe, I looked at my smart appearance and straightened out a small crease on my school blazer. I let out an encouraging sigh. Today’s the day.

I made my way out of the house, with my mum shouting at me to eat before I leave, but I had no appetite at all.

I walked into the classroom and made my way to my two friends. Half-heartedly greeting them

“Hey” I slumped down in my seat as the two of them observed me.

“Hi...you sure you’re gonna be ok today?”

I responded to Suji with a little nod. Minyoung opened to say something but was interrupted by the teacher entering the class. Once again I was unable to pay attention to the lessons. My eyes were fixed on the clock, hanging high up at the front of the class. I spent the whole school day waiting for every hour, minute and second to go by. I just wanted to get this particular day over and done with, the sooner the better. Every now and then I could see Suji and Minyoung giving me worried glances from the corner of my eyes.

After what seemed like centuries, the bell finally rang. I slowly packed away my things with an uneasy feeling. I felt a hand on my lap and looked at Minyoung who was sat next to me, her eyes full of concern.

“Hyeyi-ah, if you need us, give us a ring and we’ll be there in no time” She gave me a comforting smile, I turned to look at Suji who nodded at me in support. They both trapped me in between them with a big encouraging hug.

“Be strong, remember, we’ll always be here for you.” Suji sweetly said as she gave me a final squeeze before releasing me.


I met up with Kai to walk home together. As we made our way out of school, I stared down at our interlocked hands. My eyes locked onto his face when he started telling me what happened during his day in school. I mentally traced the finely sculptured outline of his face as he spoke, paying extra attention to each of his features: his double eyelids, the twinkling of his eyes as he speaks, his well defined nose, his plump lips and sharp jawline.

We finally got to my doorstep and my hand slowly slid out of his. I intently looked at our now separated hands. He gave me the usual goodbye kiss with a peck on my lips. As I solemnly gazed at his disappearing figure, my fingers slowly made its way up to my lips.

I stepped into my house, closing the door behind me and felt a sudden vibration from my phone, signalling a new message.

Kai ♥
I’ll meet you at the park tonight
8pm…don’t forget!
See you later xx
 

Letting a deflated sigh, I retreated to my room.

Going straight to my wardrobe, chucking my bag at the side of it and picked out a cute peach coloured dress, choosing a thin brown belt to go with it. I then picked out a brown jacket to top it off and laid everything out on my bed and sat there staring at my outfit.

 

A/N: You know what's going to happen next right T_T  One more chappie!