Chapter 3

Doubtful Relationship

Author’s POV

Kai was at the club with EXO K, sat at their very own table not far from the dance floor. Sehun was telling his hyungs a funny story that happened in school, which Kai did not pay much attention to. He would smile every now and then to make it seem like he was listening. When actually he was too busy thinking about you.

Although he didn’t act it, he was quite bothered by the way you were acting around him for the past week. He noticed awkward greetings and strange behaviour. Instead of laughing along and listening to his stories when he walked you home, you always seem to space out. He noticed your intense gaze at him whenever he was texting a friend or received a call. Most importantly, he couldn’t help but notice how forced your smile looked recently.

Everyone burst out laughing at the maknae’s story, pushing Kai’s thoughts of you aside, bring his attention back to s. He looked around at his laughing members and discreetly faked a chuckle.  

Sat opposite him were Baekhyun and Chanyeol who also did not pay any attention to the story and were instead too busy checking out the girls showing their moves on the dance floor. A curvy figure with long wavy hair, dressed in a sparkling black mini dress caught Baekhyun’s attention.

"Look! Look! Her there!"

Chanyeol leaned his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulder to take a better look at the girl Baekhyun was pointing out. Kai looked up, his eyes following the direction Baekhyun was pointing at. He spotted the girl swaying her hips to the beat of the music and eyed her from head to toe. He smirked.

*not as pretty as my Hyeyi*

The girl looked up, her eyes meeting Kai’s. Kai’s playboy reflexes kicked in and he sent her a heart melting wink, she responded by seductively smirking at him which he returned with a triumphant smirk. Baekhyun looked back and forth from the two, observing the interaction between them.

"Yah! Kai! You should give way to your hyungs...you have a girlfriend!"

The mentioning of you caught the rest of Exo K’s attention. Kai looked at the annoyed Baekhyun in amusement. The rest of the members laughed at the immature Baekhyun with the exception of Sehun who gave Kai disapproving looks.

“Hyung, you really should stop flirting…poor noona, she deserves better than this”

Everyone looked at the over protective maknae, who has grown really close to you over the past few months.

“Don’t worry maknae-ah, your Hyeyi noona is still the only one for me”

Kai finished his sentence with a wink at Sehun who glared at him with a slight pout. D.O interrupted them.

“Speaking of Hyeyi, it’s your third month tomorrow right? Congrats”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyes shot up to Kai.

“Three months?!”

“Wow…she sure is breaking all your records, if I remember correctly the last record holder was Krystal who you dated for two weeks”

Sehun’s protective instincts once again kicked in, smacking Baekhyun’s arm.

“What do you mean record holder? What do you think my Hyeyi noona is?”

Kai raised his eyebrow in amusement when he heard Sehun call you his noona.  D.O gave the maknae a comforting pat on the shoulder, before turning to Kai.

“You know, they’re right. Your relationship with Hyeyi lasted so much longer than your previous ones…you must really love her”

‘I should hope he does” Sehun muttered, making his hyungs chuckle at his words.

The song ‘DJ Got Us Falling in Love Again’ came on. The members all scuttled off to the dance floor, though Sehun was practically dragged along, leaving Suho and Kai behind.

Suho calmly sips his drink as he watches his dongsaengs enjoy themselves on the dance floor with a fatherly smile. Whilst Kai sat in deep thought, D.O’s question caught him completely off guard. The word ‘love’ felt so unfamiliar with him. He knows he likes you but is it possible for this playboy to actually fall in love?

He thinks back to his first time meeting with you. You were the quiet girl who sat at the back of the class with your two best friends. You weren’t exactly seen as a nerd, you were just perceived as quiet – the girl who doesn’t talk. Who would have thought that behind that quiet mask was a cheerful girl who laughed at pretty much everything, a sarcastic girl who would just speak her mind with no bad intentions and a loyal friend who shows a lot of care towards her close ones. Unknowingly a bright smile spread itself across Kai’s face. Oh the effect she had on him.

“She’s different, right?”

Suho suddenly spoke, snapping Kai out of his daze. He blankly stared at the older boy, whilst Suho gently smiled back.

“Hyeyi…I mean”

Kai returned the smile.

“Yeah, she is”

“Do you love her?”

Suho observed Kai’s face and noticed how confused he looked.

“You know…sometimes you never realise how precious they are till they’re gone” he once again observes Kai’s expression before giving him a last piece of advice. “Treasure her before it’s too late, Kai.”

With that he pats his dongsaeng’s shoulder and gets up from his seat to join his other members.

 

A/N: Some more Kai for you :)  Kai listen to the wise man's words hehe