Kris's Love Note 1/3

Kris's Love Note

 

All was chill in the Cupid world. The cupids spent their days eating chocolates and shooting arrows now that arrow shooting was clearly outdated with the invention of “Love Notes”.

What’s a love note? A cupid may write two persons names and they would fall in love within 40 seconds of their next meeting which would have to be within 23 days from the moment their names are recorded in the book. Of course since cupids can look down onto the human world and write anything they please, the two persons would often be in contact with each other at the point of writing.

The note an also be written on my Martians, Orangutans, Humans, Neanderthals, Elephants, Denisovans and Men on the Moon. Basically any form of intelligent life that can hold a pencil.

The rules for writing on the note vary for each species but since Neaderthals and Denisovans no longer exist on Earth, Martians and Men on the Moon do not speak English, Orangutans and Elephants cannot read, I’ll just talk about the rules for Human kind.

[1] You may write your own name, provided that the other party is also aware of your existence and isn’t yourself or something that isn’t another human. This means, you cannot marry your Double Screen Nintendo or your pet dog. It is simply not possible.

[2] For all you hopeless romantics, you have 6 minutes and 40 seconds to write how you would meet and fall in love. However, it must be within reason. So, if the other person is at the other end of the world and you write that come to my house by the next hour and propose, the note will immediately become void.

[3] If you forfeit the Love Note in your possession, you will lose all memories connected with the note and the cupid originally in charge of it will take it back. Only when you touch the Note you once possessed, then you would regain your memories. Couples made by the note would not lose the love they had for each other but will forget everything that had happened with their significant other from the point their names were written.

The Love Notes never end up in other worlds most of the time since cupids are either too lazy to write names in their Love Notes or bored of writing names. Most of the time.

“I’m so bored!!” Luhan the Cupid grumbled, slamming his favourite purple glitter pen onto his cloud table, causing a hole in the fluffy substance.

“Shut up! Go eat chocolates, shoot some arrows or something. “ Xiumin the Cupid growled. Cupids lead long and purposeless lives, spanning up to thousands of years, and new cupids emerge the moment one dies. Luhan was one of those cupids who couldn’t sit still for a second. He was often up and about causing trouble for other cupids and the only cupid with the mental capacity to talk circles around the King of Cupids, Suho.

“And you ignore me and go back to write those Love Notes of yours. I’m going to the human world.” He grinned impishly, a reckless plan forming in his devious little mind. “I’m going to have some fun.”

Other cupids just threw him a dirty look.

 


 

Kris sighed.

Tao was beautiful, Tao was sweet, and graceful, had a nice and he was great at martial arts too and-

“Kris Wu Yi Fan!” the teacher’s thundering voice boomed and a piece of chalk landed on his forehead causing him to squeak in pain.

“Will you pay attention in class for once? We don’t need your grades to pull down our school’s national average even more.” He stressed on the last word. Kris just slumped onto his desk.

After school, on the way home, he spotted something lying on the ground. It was pink and rectangular. Curious, he picked it up.

“Love Note…” he read the words in curly font conspicuously printed on the notebook’s cover. He flipped it open, to see if it had belonged to one of his boy-crazy school mates but found no name whatsoever and all its pages were blank. Instead, on the underside of its cover, He saw quite a few words written in purple glitter ink. One half was in English, the other in Mandarin. Kris felt fortunate that he was fluent in both languages.

LOVE NOTE

HOW TO USE IT

I

ᴑ The humans whose names are written in this notebook one after another shall fall in love.

ᴑ This note will not take effect unless the owner of the note has the persons’ face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.

ᴑ If the reason of falling in love is written within forty seconds of writing the persons’ name, it will happen. If the reason of falling in love is not specified, the persons will simply fall in love

ᴑAfter writing the reason of falling in love, details of how the two persons will fall in love should be written within the next six minutes and forty seconds.

 “Interesting… I wonder if this really works. Pretty detailed for a joke of sorts.” he thought to himself. Then he shook his head. “Nah, this is probably made by a delusional romantic.”