Chapter 15

Dear Diary

 

KRYSTAL’s POV

 New semester just begin. After lunch, I checked new schedule that I didn’t have class until evening. For killing my spares times, I went to the college’s garden and didn’t forget to bring along Amber’s diary with me. As I landed my on the nearby bench, I flipped through the pages.

 

8/6/2012

­Umma, do you know how hard to keep our feelings on our own?

The pain is worse than this brain tumour.

I couldn’t help but showed a little bit of my love toward Soojung.

But I promised to myself that I shall never over showing it because I didn’t want her to know the truth.

I didn’t want Soojung know that I’m in love with her.

She has Minho already.

I guaranteed he can give her happiness in the future once I gone.

The therapy is going well since I accurately followed the appointments.

However, I’m not hoping to survive at all.

Because I knew it is very rare patients who suffered this diseases will survived when they achieved the critical stage.

At least, I will die in peace if I see Soojung living a happy life, Umma.

 

***

 

I sighed after reading a page of it and decided to stop reading as I felt my eyes were watery. Stupid, idiot Amber Liu! What did make him thought that I’ll live happily when he gone?

 

“Yahhhh, do you know that I’m suffering right now, Llama?” I screamed while looking up in the sky.

 

“Amber, come back please” I mumbled while wiping away the tears on my cheeks. My phone rang signalling my next class is going to start. While I was walking with a heavy heart to the class, Sulli passed me a flyer.

 

“Our college will be holding the dance next week” She told me as she continued distributing the flyer to everyone who passes the hallway. Well, I had a beautiful memory in dancing with Amber. It was during our prom night.

 

***

 

*FLASHBACKS*

AMBER’s POV

This year will be different with those previous years since our school’s dance night was held earlier than usual. Teachers wanted to make sure that students will fully concentrating on their last papers instead of busy choosing dresses or tuxedos to wear for the prom night. Outsiders were invited as the students’ partner. Therefore, Krystal was going with Minho as her date tonight. My other friends already had their own partner. There are few girls who ask me but I politely declined their requests because I preferred going alone than anyone else except her.

 

“1,2,3.. Mic test. Okay *chuckle* Listen, everybody. Let’s get party starting” Onew as our batch captain exclaimed. He went to Luna afterwards and started dancing with her. People on the dance floor were dancing randomly. Random move was made up. Head was bobbing up and down.

 

“Arghhh” I whined. My massive headache attacked me. My visions got blurry a little bit.

 

“Are you okay, buddy?” Key asked me.

 

“Yeah. Maybe I will just take a rest first. Not enough rest these days” I faked out a laugh to make them believe that I was okay.

 

“Go ahead” Jonghyun told me as he patted my back. I tried to find Krystal at first to ask her to send me home but when I saw she was with Minho, I exchanged my mind since I really didn’t want to disturb her. I tried to find a more secretive place and sat down while leaning on the wall.

 

“Where is it?” I tried to find my medicine in my pocket. Since the headache getting worse, I took the pain killer to relieve the headache even it’s just last for a few hours. I forgot to bring my important medicine along. After 15 minutes, the headache had gone but I was still at the outside trying to ease my mind. Suddenly, I felt someone held my shoulder causing me to startle. I looked behind and saw Krystal smiled at me.

 

“What are you doing here alone?” She asked me as she took a sit beside me.

 

“It was so loud inside, I’m afraid that my eardrum will damage soon” I joked and she let out a chuckle.

 

“Oh, where is your prince charming?” I .

 

“His friend called him so he left me but Minho did ask me permission to leave” She replied.

 

“He asked me whether you’re here or not and since he knew you’re here so he thought maybe you will look after me” She continued as she bumped her shoulder with mine. I smiled faintly at her.

 

“Everything is perfect right now. Minho is a good guy and suited with you. You’re so lucky to have a thoughtful and handsome boyfriend” I told her as I looked up at the skies. She just hummed in return and looked down.

 

“Hey, you should smile a little bit. It’s like you don’t happy being with me” I lifted up her chin.

 

“Besides, you look so pretty whenever you smiled” I praised her but I noticed Krystal’s eyes were teary when I looked into her eyes. Why is she about to cry?

 

“Soojung, what’s wrong? You’re on the verge of crying. Come here” I pulled her into a hug making her head laid on my chest. Damn, she would hear my rapid heartbeats.

 

“Shushhh, shusshhh. My princess doesn’t cry. My baby is already grown up” I whispered at her. I heard a light sobs. We broke the hug and I wiped away those tears which rolled down on her face. She was staring deeply into my eyes. Her eyes were telling me that she had been enduring herself from expressing her emotions.

 

“Amber, I can’t keep this anymore. You should know that I…I…still” Krystal stuttered. She was going to say it again. Come on, Amber. Prevent Krystal from confessing back to you. Suddenly, a song played (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIIb_4cSafs). I jerked up. It’s my favourite song.

 

“Princess, you know this song right? Come on. Get up. At least, your servant here deserved one last slow dance” I smiled brightly at confused Krystal as I offered my hand at her. She grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. Maybe I put extra force causing Krystal stumbled onto my chest.

 

“You’re such a clumsy princess” I as grabbed her right hand intertwined it with mine. I held her waist with my left hand as she put hers on my shoulder. I looked up to the skies, mesmerized by the shining stars and the soft winds blew gave me a quite chilly feeling. We continued dancing slowly to the music while staring at each other. I gave a dorky smile at Krystal and was replied with a cold glare.

 

“Close your eyes” Krystal told me. I did close my eyes because I’m scared she was going to hit me. However, I just she tightened our intertwined hands and she rested her head on my chest. I love you so much, Jung Soojung. That’s why I’m willing to endure the pain for not be able to say “I LOVE YOU” to you. To be honest, it was so sad that I could not confess to her but I wanted her to live a happy life without me soon.

 

“Amber” I heard she called me as she snuggled closer into my embrace. At these times, there are two hearts beating rapidly. Mine and hers.  She wrapped both of her arms around my body. I could feel her love as she tightened our hugs. I’m sorry, Soojung.



 

 

I love you, Amber

~~

I love you, Soojung

 

Two hearts saying a same thing at the same time. 

 

*END OF THE FLASHBACKS*

 

 


 

 I'm sorry I didn't update frequently but I'm trying my best to finish this.

I'm going to university soon. 

First year so I need to struggle to get the scholarships.

Pray for me, TQ for your support