Let's meet again under the cherry blossom tree

EXO Tragedy Oneshots (Integrating their powers)

One day, they will let me go.  I’ve been wishing, praying and chanting that for over 4 years now.  I have never touched snow, cherry blossom trees, and dewy grass from last nights storm.  Nor have I ever breathed clean, fresh air of the outside.  

Instead, I am stuck here.  Attached to tubes that I don’t even know what for, I know enough that something is wrong with me.  Weak heart they say.  But I think that my heart is as strong as a normal person.  But sometimes, I wonder if this is even a real hospital.  There are no other patients, and I know, because every meal prepared for me, everything people do for me, it is done well, not like any hospital that I know.

 Sitting down near the chair beside the window, I looked at the cherry blossom tree, it’s branch nearly touching the window.  Slowly, I stand up and slide open the window.  I put a foot to the branch ..”HEY WAIT!”  Startled, my foot slips and I plummet down to my death as the building was 4 storeys high.  I close my eyes, I am ready to leave this place.  Anywhere is better than the suffocating room that I am always in.  Some seconds later, (30 to be exact)  and I have still not died yet.  Huh?  What’s going on?  I open one eye.  I’m on the street, in the alley.

 Looking down at my hands all the way down to my feet, I feel absolutely no pain.  “Meow”  I gasp with surprise.  It’s a cat, with sleek black fur and yellow black eyes staring at me in the darkness of the alley.  It jumps from a crate and starts walking to the street and looks behind me as if telling me to follow it.  I obey and follow the cat.  On the street, people give me weird stares as they see a girl wearing a hospital gown and no shoes.  But I am concentrating on following the cat.  

After a few minutes of walking, the cat turns left into a nice neighborhood, with fairly large houses.  It lightly jumps up each step to a house, and I stay just before the steps, skeptical that the cat has led me to this house.  The cat scratches the door, and it opens.  “Hey Ace!  I was wondering where you went..oh?  What do we have here?”  A man, maybe in his twenties, opens the door to stare at me.  Meanwhile, I stare at him in curiosity.  He does not look like the people from the hospital.  He looks more natural?  There really is no word for it I guess.  “Oh well come in!  You look so thin, and good timing too! I just made some soup”  He says, and opens the door wider for me.  

Taking one step at a time, I approach the door where he is standing and bows.  Walking in, It looks very grand, but cozy at the same time.  “Follow me”  He says, taking my elbow to steer me in the right direction.  He leads me to a wooden table with wooden chairs.  It seems like it’s only set for one person, but he quickly fixes that by putting another placemat with cutlery on top and folds a napkin.  “Sit”  He points to a chair and I sit down and watch him has he ladles hot steaming liquid into bowls.  Sliding it in front of me, he takes a seat in front of me and looks at me with his piercing stare.  “Enjoy” I say a small whisper of thanks and tentatively lift up the spoon, cringing as its cold metal touches my warm fingertips.  Then, I take a sip and I feel like I am in heaven.

 This does not taste like the hospital food at all.  I immediately taste tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery and parsley.  He must have seen me in my content state because he says “Taste good?”  I nod fervently as I eagerly dip my spoon into the bowl for another spoonful.   

After the meal, I don’t know what to do next.  I don’t know who I am, what my name is and where I came from.
Suddenly, I have a feeling to see the outside world.  Opening the door, I start my way down the stairs.  “Hey! Where are you going?”  I fumble for words to describe how I feel but none come out.  Showing him a small smile, I say “Meet me under the cherry blossom tree.” Then, I continue walking towards the small line of shops up ahead.  He stares at my back in confusion and then heads back inside.  
Walking aimlessly for a few minutes, I bump into someone.  I bow, as I am taught and the straighten to see their face.  
It’s them.  The “doctors” they call themselves.  Before the run, I feel pressure near my neck and before it goes dark I hear for the first time, my name. “We finally found 15075.  Sending back now. over.”
I awake to whispers travelling to my ears from the other side of the room.  By feeling the itch of the blanket and smooth bed sheet, I know that I am back at the hospital.  
“I can’t believe she climbed out of the window, we’re going to have to cut the cherry tree down.”  
“No!  Don’t you remember? The tree is her source of energy!  If we cut it down, what will happen?”
“......She’ll die”
“And after all our hard work, I guess the heart we made for her just wasn’t enough huh?”
“It’s time she is released..”

The next day I hear the crash and sneak a glance outside at the cherry blossom tree.  It’s light pink beauty and rich colored tree trunk start to change into a sick color, and it starts to float towards me.  I also see the familiar face that I had met once.  
Quickly, I fling open my door, and run down the steps to the door to freedom.  Anyone who gets in my way, immediately step out, as if they know my fate.  
I trip and regain my posture as I run towards the cherry blossom tree.  By now, it has fully dissolved into a sickly green cloud that is heading towards me.  
And then I see him.  “Let’s meet under the cherry blossom tree”  he repeats what I say and I smile.  
It’s been a short life.  I’ve met someone who I fell in love with at first sight, and that’s what costed me.  I reach towards the cloud, and it eagerly complies and surrounds me in it’s haziness.  
“Wait” He shouts.  “Is this the end?”
“Come closer then..”
I reach for his hand and grab his waist to give him a hug.
“Yes.  It’s the end.”
He seems to accept.
“Maybe I’ll see you in the next century” I smile.
“I’ll see you later 15075”
“Me too...Kris.”

 

 


The cloud slowly swallows me, and floats me to the sky.  

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: LOL SO I DONT ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I JUST WROTE...um I hope you enjoy and any questions I'll try to answer! haha Thanks for subscribing!!