Love

I'll be your lover tomorrow

It was already time for lunch when we were back at the hotel, so we went straightly went to the dining halls. “That was the most crazy thing I’ve ever done!”, Isa said. I smirked: “Yeah, what for did we want to go there?” Isa shrugged her shoulders and took one spoon full of soup. “Who did you wave at after calling Sari?”, I asked after a little while. “Oh, Sari heard me and he turned around, so I waved, but, well, he wasn’t the only one who’d heard me…”, she explained. I smirked: “Didn’t think of the security guards, did we?”

We sat on the bed and watched television, when it suddenly knocked on the door. “Who’s there?”, I asked and Isa got up. “Oh hey, it’s you!”, she said, “Come in!” Sari came into our room and put down his black bag with the guitar in it. He leaned against the closed door and stared at me. “Hey, Sari! I wasn’t expecting you here! I thought you’d still be at the signing…”, I said and smiled. He looked up to the ceiling and pressed his teeth together. Isa crawled back next to me and stared at him a little startled. “What’s up, Sari?”, I asked insecurely. He stared at me again and exhaled: “Whose idea was it?” I immediately knew what he meant and lifted my hand: “Mine!” “Are you insane? Do you know what trouble you nearly got yourself in?” Scared of his abnormally angry voice, I pulled back my head. “It’s not only her fault! I was the one that shouted and waved!”, Isa said firmly. “I know it’s your fault too, I’ve seen you!”, Sari nearly screamed. I got very scared. I would have never imagined he could get this grumpy. He tore his hair: “Oh, why did I even get involved with you?” I couldn’t believe it. Sari regretted knowing me.

“What is your problem anyways? We didn’t get caught, so why are you so angry?”, Isa said and hugged me. “Why am I angry? W h y  a m  I  a n g r y ?!”, Sari repeated stretching every word. “Because of you, the whole signing thing nearly was over. Do you know how much you cost our company? We had to get extra guards to make sure there wasn’t going to be another crazy girl jumping over fences or balconies or houses…whatever! I had to run around and talk to every single of the guards to make sure they weren’t going to call the police or anything! And why? Why?! Because of two immature girls that find themselves important enough to break the law! Just the fact that you’re living in an expensive hotel doesn’t make you special! So why am I so angry? Well, hmm, I don’t know! Maybe because you act like little babies?!”, Sari shouted.

I was shocked. Seriously shocked. I would have never believed that what we’d done would be having such an effect on everything. I was so shocked that I didn’t notice the tears rolling down my cheeks until Sari leaned forward and wiped them away with the tip of his shirt. “Chudith, please don’t cry. I didn’t mean to yell at you. It will never happen again, I promise. Just think through what you do next time, okay?”, he said in the old, soft voice. I looked into his eyes and whispered: “You wished that you didn’t know me.” He sighed and smiled sadly: “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.” Then he turned to Isa: “The others don’t know it was you and I won’t tell them. It’s up to you to decide whether they should know.” She nodded: “Thank you!” Sari sat down next to me and hugged me. I put my arms around him tightly. “I’m really, really sorry!”, I said, “I really am.” He chuckled and started humming a slow melody. “Err…I’ll just go…somewhere and leave you two alone, okay?”, Isa said and left the room with her handbag.

I thought of when we had breakfast this morning, when Jonghyun had asked me about Sari. I remembered what he’d whispered then. Then, it had just been funny when he’d said I should tell Sari. Now that I was lying in his arms it didn’t feel like a joke anymore. “I love you”, I whispered. I felt Sari’s breathing stop for a second. Then Sari hugged me even tighter. I felt like the happiest person in the world. Because it was true. I did love Sari. I let go of him and looked into his face and he smiled. I could see his white teeth. His brown eyes sparkled lively and he brushed his hair out of them. Sari was perfect. He leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek. “I love you too", he said.

He taught me the second part of count on me and sang to what I played. We had to stop a lot of times though so that I was able to put my fingers in their right place. “You’ve learned that so quickly!”, Sari said. He sounded sort of proud, and I laughed. I handed him the guitar and threw myself on the bed. I closed my eyes and thought about what it could have been like if I was older. Would we have become a couple? What where we now? Suddenly, Sari was next to me and he grabbed my hand. “I was wondering…”, I asked, “What exactly are we to each other?” “Well, to you, I’m Sari!”, he said and laughed. I pushed him and laughed, too: “Come on, you know exactly what I mean!” “Yes, but I don’t know…we are special!” I laughed again.

“Let’s make a video!”, I suggested, “We could film ourselves and make a film out of it so that we will never forget our time together.” “I won’t ever forget you so I don’t think I’ll need a video”, he answered. “But making a film is so much fun!”, I countered. He smirked, took out his phone and held it over me: “Come on, I’m filming you, do something!” I laughed and tried pushing him away from above me. He started tickling me and I screamed: “No! This is not how you do it! You have to-no stop it! You have to think of something first before you start filming!” I managed to crawl to the other end of the bed. He laughed his girly laugh: “Well, I like it better this way!” “Okay, stop it! Stop the film, please!”, I said and walked towards him in order to take away his phone. He backed away until he bumped into the wall. He didn’t stop focusing the phone’s camera on me though. I tried to grab it, but he was faster than me and ran back to the bed. I sat down on the ground and pouted, but it just caused him to laugh, so I ran back to him and threw myself on the phone. Sari jumped away, but I had the phone. I grinned and turned the camera so that I filmed myself and I said: “Hey, Sari, here’s Judith and I miss you a lot. I love you!” Then I blew the phone a kiss and laughed. I turned it off and threw it over to Sari. He caught it and said: “Well, that’s been the film. Now let’s do something else!” “I want to have it!”, I said and he sent it to me via Bluetooth. We spent the following time taking thousands of pictures with both of our phones.

Suddenly it knocked lightly. I opened the door and in front of me was standing Isa. "Err, Isa…”, I tried to say, but she just started talking: “Oh my gosh, you will never guess what just happened! I-oh, Sari, you’re still here! I actually wanted to pick Judith up for dinner, but I’ll just pick you up, too!” Sari laughed. “What’s so funny?”, Isa asked. I sighed: “Err, Isa, your lipstick is… well it’s not only on your lips.” “Oh! Oh . Well, then I guess you can conclude from that what just happened…I’ll just go and clean my face, then we’ll go, okay?”, she said and ran to the bathroom with a red face. Sari was still laughing so I hit him playfully. “I wonder what’s happened there!”, he said in an annoying voice. “Shut up!”, I said. Didn’t he care about that he couldn’t kiss me? Didn’t he care about that we couldn’t hold hands when people were watching? Didn’t he want to touch me without questioning himself whether it was okay? Didn’t he mind? I did. I did very much. This wasn’t what I’d expected a relationship to be like. As if he knew what I was thinking, Sari got up from the bed and kissed me on my forehead. “You are so beautiful”, he said and I smiled. Isa got out of the bathroom and went to the elevator. When we got outside, Key was already waiting for Isa and while holding hands, the two of them walked in front of us. I looked at Sari and caught him staring at their clasped hands. Maybe he did care about all the things we couldn’t do. When he sighed I was absolutely sure, so I his shoulder and smiled at him. I hoped it would cheer him up.