Hurt

Forever Four

Inside the café:

Jessica: awkward I’m so sorry, Hae… but I really want my Yoong to be happy. And her and Taec deserve it, after all they’ve been through. Soooo…

Donghae: waiting for the two to come back Ahh… I’m so nervous! Agh. Sica, I think I’m ready to tell you this. I like Yoona.

Jessica: feigning surprise Oh really? Wow, I seriously had NO idea…

Donghae: Yeah, and I’m planning on confessing to her today!

Jessica: silence

Donghae: Jessica?

Jessica: OH. Um… Shoot. Shoot. Oh my god I’m sorry. I REALLY am, Donghae-ah. Well, you see, the thing is…

loud cheers are heard from outside the café and the two look out the window

Jessica: I’m really happy for you, my best friends. Hey Donghae, let’s go out and see what’s going on.

the two run out the door to see Taecyeon and Yoona hugging

Donghae: Is that… Is that Taec? Hugging Yoona? What… what’s happening? Hey guys.

Taecyeon: Oh, darn it. Taec, you’ve done it now… Hae… Hae, please…

Yoona: JESSICA! Sicasicasicasicasica oh. my. god. I’m so excited. smiling extremely widely Hey! Guess what?

Jessica: Oh, she’s soo happy right now. Sigh, honestly, if letting go of my stupid crush for Taec makes my sister this ecstatic, I couldn’t be happier myself. But I’m really worried for what this is going to do to our friendships… Ah Lee Donghae, you better be mature! IM YOONAAAAAA~ tackles Yoona

the two girls giggle excitedly by themselves, squealing together as Yoona says what had just happened, and Taecyeon slowly walks over to Donghae, who’s frozen.

Taecyeon: Hae… I’m so sorry. Please forgive me.

Donghae: Taec… What… What happened?

Taecyeon: I… I… How can I tell him that I’m with the girl he loves, aka our best friend… I…

a little girl who had been watching the couple get together comes and tugs on Taec’s sleeve

Little girl: Oppa! Congratulations! I hope you and that pretty unnie stay happy together! walks off with her mom

Taecyeon: Oh, thank you.. sheepishly laughs, then notices Donghae Well… I guess that explains what happened…?

Donghae:numb with shock I… Taecyeon. Why? I thought… And I was about to… Right after… All this time… Did you?

Taecyeon: Donghae-ah, please. I… I know you liked her, it’s just… She confessed, and I…

Donghae: I can’t believe this. You knew. Ok Taecyeon, YOU KNEW. You KNEW that I loved her, you KNEW that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend today, actually, if things had gone as planned, she would be my girlfriend RIGHT NOW. begins raising his voice

Taecyeon: I-

On the girls side:

Jessica: OHMYGOODNESS. YOONG TELL ME EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED.

Yoona: OKAY, OKAY. SO… giggling I actually confessed all my feelings to him!

Jessica: and…?

Yoona: At first, he seemed hesitant, but then the crowd, OMG the crowd… the crowd started chanting, and I think he got sort of flustered, but then he said he liked me back, and that he has for a while!

Jessica: HAHA good job, Taec…  AND…?

Yoona: Then I told him I loved him… I still can’t believe I did that… AHH soo embarrassed… blushes

Jessica: ….. AHAHAHA bursts out laughing

Yoona: Jess!

Jessica: wiping tears from her eyes Oh, I’m sorry, Yoona, it’s just… clears throat and tries to make a straight face, seeing that Yoona is blushing even more Okay. Okay, I’m done. And what did he say?

Yoona: Aish. ANYWAYS, he said, after a little more crowd coaxing, that… that…

Jessica: leaning in with anticipation

Yoona: that… HE LOVED ME TOO! covers her face

Jessica: AHHHHHH squealing HE DID??! OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING. I’M SO HAPPY.

Yoona: Yeah, so I THINK we’re together now- suddenly hears Donghae yelling Wait… is that Donghae? What’s happening?

Jessica: Oh shoot. Donghae… Guess my wish isn’t happening, eh? Ugh… boys… just a second, Yoong… Let me take care of something first.

Jessica walks over to the two boys, as Yoona follows, completely confused

Jessica: STOP IT.

the two boys immediately look at her

Jessica: Donghae, shut up.

Donghae: Jessica, you don’t get it! Didn’t I just tell you, I was just about to confess? I’ve liked her for such a LONG time, and Taec has known that!

Jessica: Well, you know what? He’s loved her, too, and for an even longer time! It’s just that he’s never had the guts to do anything, because he loved you too much!

Donghae: Wait… What? Taec… Taecyeon liked her too?What?

Taecyeon: Donghae… I… I didn’t want anything to hurt you.

Donghae: teary-eyed Why? Why didn’t you say anything?

Taecyeon: I wanted you to be happy-

Donghae: You think I’m happy right now??

Jessica: MY GOD, you STUPID boy! You want to know the reason he didn’t say anything? He cared about you too freaking much, and he didn’t ever want you to feel hurt or anything! He even pushed all his strong feeling aside, and was ready to give the love of his life up for YOU.

Yoona: listening, completely shocked … What? Donghae… But… He likes… Jessica… What else have I not known?

the three momentarily stop arguing, and stare at her

Yoona: Besides the fact that Donghae, who I’ve always thought liked Jessica, likes… me?  Dis.turb.ing.

Jessica: Um… I… I don’t like him, either…  And… turns to the two boys I’ve known about how both of you have liked Yoona for a couple of months now, and I’ve known that Yoona has liked Taec for more than a year, too.

Taecyeon: …..  More th-than a… y-year???

Yoona: …..  coughs nervously Um…

Donghae: More than a year... I’m such a pathetic person. You… You knew?

Jessica: Hae, I’m really, really sorry. Please, Hae… I really am.

Taecyeon: Wait… Jessica. How did Yoona know that I liked her?

Yoona: Uhh…

Jessica: Guess my time to face the consequences has come  I told her. Because I didn’t want to see my best friend heart-broken anymore. And I was tired of how you were absolutely blind to her feelings.

Taecyeon: What about… glancing around Wh-what about… Donghae… I told you so that you could… help… me.

Jessica: bitter Ok Taecyeon. Help you? I did help you.

Donghae: So I’m just the sacrifice you had to make, aren’t I, Jung Jessica.

Jessica: surprised Donghae, I-

Donghae: Save it. The four of us have been best friends since kindergarten, and I’ve had to comprehend some pretty hurtful information today, but you know, Jessica. Out of all of this, the fact that you completely disregarded my feelings with no hesitation whatsoever… that’s what hurts the most. I’ll see you back at the dorm, Taecyeon.

the other three stared in shock at Donghae as he walked away from them

Jessica: Donghae… DONGHAE. he keeps walking without looking back Donghae… I’m sorry.

Taecyeon: sighs heavily and sits down on a bench I’ll talk to him… puts his face in his hands How did this happen…

Yoona: sits down next to him and puts her hands on his Honestly, Taec, I have no idea. I just found out all of this new information a couple minutes ago… Which reminds me, thanks for keeping everything from me, you two.

Jessica: sits down next to Yoona and sighs Sorry… Agh… I really thought that I could make you guys happy, and Donghae would understand… But I guess… sighs again This is all my fault.

Taecyeon: No it isn’t, Jess. If it’s anyone’s fault, it’s mine… I should have understood him-

Yoona: So you regret saying yes to me?

Taecyeon: What?? No, no, NO that’s NOT what I meant, it’s just… uh…

Yoona: mhm? raises an eyebrow

Taecyeon: … heh. grins at her

Jessica: …. AWWWW YOU GUYSS. No matter what, I’m still happy with what I did. I’ll figure things out with Donghae… He can’t just throw away a decade of sisterhood.

Taecyeon: … I am SO telling him that you called him a girl… again…

Jessica: Go away, Taec… the three stand up and start walking back to their school Mhm. For once in my life, I’m actually not looking forward to this upcoming dance class…