REWRITTEN - 4 years ago - A new era

She's my baby

 

“DONGSAENG!” Chanyeol’s voice echoed through the halls of the school behind her. Minnie turned around instantly and watched her oppa run full speed through the halls towards her. He attacked her in a hug. “What’s happening oppa?” she asked with a flabbergasted expression on her face. Chanyeol loosened his grip around her and looked at her with gleaming eyes. “You know that music company SM Entertainment?” he asked her. She nodded; of course she did! Next to YG Entertainment, SM Entertainment was the biggest company in South Korea. “Yeah, what about them,” she asked and picked up her books which she’d dropped in Chanyeol’s hug. “I just got casted! I am becoming a trainee!” he squealed. It sounded quite hilarious for a tall and cute guy like him to squeal; especially because his was normally very deep. Minnie couldn’t believe her own ears. She dropped her books all over again, and this time with a loud thud. “What!?” she gaped. Chanyeol nodded eagerly and clapped his hands with a wide smile. “Oh my god!” she screamed and threw her arms around her best friend. “Congratulations Chanyeol! Oh my god, this is what you always wanted! This is such an amazing opportunity for you!” she congratulated him. Chanyeol smiled widely and clapped his hands. “I know! I’m so excited!” “Let’s skip P.E. I forgot my gym clothes anyway. Let’s go for bubble tea. Tell me everything!”

Chanyeol told his best friend everything about the company, the procedure and the other artists. There was one thing he also had to tell her; the hardest thing of them all. “I have to move to the company and live in the dorms. We won’t be able to see each other that much anymore,” he said with a pout. Minnie’s heart sank all the way to her stomach. Of course she was happy for him, but the thought of not seeing him every day, was almost heartbreaking and hard to get used to. “Wow… That’s going to be tough,” she admitted and took a deep breath. “I already miss you,” Chanyeol said and stuck out his lower lip. She put her arms around his neck and hugged her best friend. She felt the tears sting in her eyes and shut them hardly. The thought that she wouldn’t be able to see him every day was hard, very hard. Especially since things at home had gotten worse. She sniffled and held him tighter. “Hey, Min Rin-ah! Are you crying?” Chanyeol asked and looked at the girl. She shook her head, “No. It’s erhm… Allergies,” she lied and dried her eyes with her sleeve. She knew that Chanyeol didn’t believe her because he raised his brows. “Hey stop it, or I’ll start as well,” he said and her back. He actually already had; the tears sparkled in the corner of his eyes and they both began to laugh. “I promise that I’ll visit you all the time!” Min Rin said and dried her eyes again. “Promise!” Chanyeol said and looked at her with his brown puppy dog eyes. “I promise!” 

 

The time when Chanyeol had to move to the dorm came horribly quickly. Minnie had gone with him and he held onto her upper arm like he always felt the need to feel safe. He walked up the stairs towards the enormous building alone with his guitar on his back, a bag in his hand and the papers from SM Entertainment in the other hand. He turned around and waved eagerly to Minnie. She felt a weird pain in her chest as she waved back to him. As he disappeared into the building she stood for a while and watched the building. She turned around and slowly began to walk. Ironically enough it began to rain. She sighed and closed her eyes.