REWRITTEN - The meeting - 5 years ago

She's my baby

 

The young Chanyeol walked slowly and silently down the isles’ with books. He was at the local library looking for some books that might help him with his English paper. It was due in a few days and he hadn’t even started yet. He silently puffed his black and slightly wavy hair out of his eyes and looked through the books on the Second World War. He pushed his large nerdy glasses further up on his nose. He found an especially thick and heavy book. He pulled it out and sat with it in the reading area at the library. He liked to study there instead of at home, where was constantly bothered by his sisters. He noticed a young girl around his own age sitting across from him. She was surrounded by books with formulas, a calculator, a ruler and a few math books. She looked frustrated and pulled her hair. It was dark brown and was crazily curled. She let out an annoyed sigh and hid her face in her hands. “Do you need help?” Chanyeol asked her. She looked up with her chocolate-brown eyes and swallowed a yawn. “Yes please, I’ve been sitting here for hours now, and I am royally screwed,” she whined and looked at her with a hopeless smile. “What are you working on?” he asked. She shrugged her shoulders. “I have no idea. It looks like little ants, they are all crawling all over the paper,” she said and pushed the book towards him. He closed his own book and looked at the pages. “Oh, this is algebra, a piece of cake!” She looked up and said, “You think?” He nodded eagerly. “Yeah! Okay, come over here, I’ll show you.”

The two of them sat in the library for hours and hours while Chanyeol explained the systems of algebra to her. The girl’s name was Min Rin, but she was called Minnie. “Gosh, you make it sound so easy!” she said as she came back with two cups of coffee. “No, but really it is. You don’t have to think about why it is the way it is, you just have to accept it,” Chanyeol explained. “Did any of this make any sense?” he added. Minnie nodded as she took a sip from her cup. “Yeah, it did. Really Chanyeol, thank you so much! It makes so much more sense now,” she said and smiled to the boy. He felt a funny tingle in his stomach, close to his chest. He shook of the feeling and blamed his low blood sugar. “No problem really, I find it so easy,” he said. “Oh, and thanks for the coffee,” he added. “That’s the least I can do, you helped me so much!” Minnie said. “Do you need help with that paper? I’m good at history.” Chanyeol smiled at the girl and nodded. “Thanks, I would love that.”

They ended up staying at the library until they got kicked out at closing time, late that same night. That was the beginning of their long lasting friendship.