o13

Chasing Clouds

November 18

 

I let out a groan as I look at the date on the calendar, days are definitely passing by faster than they should be. In the past five days, I have been getting closer to Luhan in many ways and same for the Jo twins. They were almost like family to him now. They always had smiles on their faces when I would come in to greet them. 

They had even wider smiles when I would bring along a gift whether it was food or toys, they accepted it all. Doing little things like this made me happy; all bubbly inside. Maybe this is why Kai decided to help him. Did helping others always feel this good? Of course, it did.

Everyone, I mean everything, would relate back to the incident. It wasn't such a bad thing as others said. It was a rather happy moment for me. Even if it meant getting hurt for Kai. I guess not that I only care for him, I love him too.

This is why I'm risking my life again, isn't it? For Kai. Everything I did was always for him. Even the small details. I would pick them up on the way..

"Kai.", I say as I push him slightly.

"What.", Kai groans in aggravation. I chuckle at the younger and pull him into a hug. He stays still for a while before wrapping his arms around my neck. I purse my lips out and lean closer to his face.

"Yah! Don't do that!", he says as he shoves me away. I laugh at his reaction and just lay on the bed.

"Hey Kai.", I start but don't finish.

"What.", he says again less frustrated.

"Can we do something today?", I ask with a hint of aegyo in my voice.

"Kris, why have you been wanting to go out these past few days? Is there something you want to tell me?", he says giving me the more serious look ever. I have never seen Kai more serious than this. Yeah, he was serious with work but at least he smiled.

"It's nothing. Can't I hang out with my dongsaeng?", I say.

"There's nothing wrong with that, but something seems off.", he insists.

I just shake my head in disagreement and make a kissy face. Kai seems to still think what he wants to and gets up. I pout as he makes his way to the bathroom.

What if Kai gets mad again? It's my fault in the end, right? I definitely do not want the same thing to happy again.. Now that I can't run to save him if it does happen. I said it though. My goal is to make Kai happy. What if this back fires somehow..?

Kai comes out a bit later with a scowl on his face. I look up at him from the bed and stare at him.

"You aren't telling me something.", he declares and walks out. I stare at him as he walks out and slams the door.

I cringe slightly and get into my wheelchair and make my way to the kitchen.

"Jiaheng, is Jongin okay? He seemed mad.", my mother said in a sweet voice.

"I don't know what upset him, mother.", I reply truthfully. "I'm going to go check it out though.", I say and quickly get out of the house. I take out my phone and quickly text Luhan to see if Kai had went to the hospital.

I get a reply quickly from Luhan stating that Kai was indeed there but seemed rather furious that he sometimes slam things on the counter. I let out a sigh of relief as I hear that Kai is safe and I make my way to the hospital.

"Kris!", I hear a cry as I enter the hospital doors. I look in the direction of the voice to see Kwangmin with tears in his eyes. I roll quickly over to him and give him a hug.

"What's wrong, Kwangie?", I say as sweetly as possible.

Kwangmin doesn't reply but instead pushes me as fast as possible to the familiar room. He makes his way inside quietly as Youngmin starts to appear.

Youngmin's eyes are closed and a oxygen mask is on his face. The monitor says that his heart is still beating but is not in good condition. I bit my lower lip was I make my way over to the bed and look at Youngmin. I face Kwangmin again and holds his hands firmly.

"He'll be okay, I promise.", I say confidently as I stare into his eyes. He blinks as tears fall down his face. I wipe the tear away and hug him again.

Why? Why do this to the poor brothers who never even done anything wrong? Why does this always happen to good people?

I sigh softly as I pull Kwangmin out of the room. He stares at his feet as he makes his way out of room 106. I put my hand on his shoulder and gesture him to come with me.

"Have you been around this hospital? It has very nice people.", I state as I go to another familiar room. Room 101. Lee Byunghun was the name on the door.

I go into the room with Kwangmin at my side. We go in to be greeted by a boy with blonde and blue hair and a brunette by his side. Byunghun looks at me and smiles weakly. I naturally smile back and nudge Kwangmin.

"Sorry! I'm Jo Kwangmin.", he says shyly.

"Hello Kwangmin. I'm Byunghun but you can call me L. Joe.", the familiar blonde says with a warm smile.

Kwangmin looks up from his feet to look at the older. He blushes, feeling shy again, and looks down. The brunette next to Byunghun stands up and makes his way over to Kwangmin. He holds out his hand to Kwangmin to shake.

"Ahn Daniel.", he says with a bright smile.

"N-nice to meet you, Daniel.", Kwangmin says shyly and shakes his hand.

"How are you?", he asks.

"I'm fine, thank you.", Kwangmin answers.

"And you?", Daniel says as he looks at me.

"I'm great.", I say with a smile of my own. "Anyways. The reason that I'm here.. I need to tell you all that I'm undergoing surgery on the 21st. The possibility of living is 20% but don't worry. But.. if I don't make it... You guys take care of Kim Jongin for me, alright?", I say.

"Hyung! No way am I letting you do this!", Kwangmin says as hot tears fall from his eyes again. He holds me tightly and has no intention of letting me go. Daniel hugs m as well and whispers into my ears I thought I'd never hear. Not even from Kai.

"You won't die on me.", he says seriously before breaking the hug to sit next to Byunghun again.