o14

Chasing Clouds

November 19

 

I stare at the calendar once more and then to the empty spot next to me. Of course, Kai didn't want to sleep with me. He didn't even want to talk to me on the drive home. I clutched my head with my hands and curl up in a fetal position. How did I even get into this mess again?

I roll to my side and stare at the bathroom door. Two more days, that's right. It's coming closer and closer. Should I try to apologize to Kai? He probably won't listen.. he usually never does. I sigh as I sit up and ruffle my hair. I finish getting ready then go to the living room to find Kai on the couch. I frown slightly then go over to the couch and sit with him.

"Mmm..Jiaheng..", I hear Kai groan. I look over at him and his hair and smile.

"Jongin.", I say back as I slowly lean forward and place a kiss on his forehead.

I get back on my wheelchair and go to the kitchen to make some breakfast for us both. Later, I hear a familiar groan and a head peeking up from behind the couch.

"Where's mom and dad?", he asks groggily.

"They're at work as usual.", I reply as I flip the pancakes.

After some minutes, I have breakfast done. I bring the plates over to the couch and hand one to Kai as I sit on the couch with him. He turns on the television and ruffles his hair, still sleepy. He yawns then takes a bite of the pancakes.

"They taste wonderful.", he says with a smile.

I smile back at him then go back to eating my food. We both eat while staring at the t.v for quite some time until we both finish our food.Kai takes the plates and forks and puts them into the sink and goes to sit back on the couch.

He snuggles closer to me with his blanket and lays his head on my shoulder.

"Let's stay like this.", he says. We do. We stayed like that for most of the day. Not counting when we had to go to the bathroom or eat but yeah. We watched some romantic movies which makes me uncomfortable. I move a bit in my seat once there is some kissing scenes. Kai just stays frozen and watches the movies.

We change the channel later to a kid show, being bored and all. I stare at the little cute cartoons and point them out to Kai.

"I saw these cartoons in Canada.", I said.

"Yeah, me too. Adventure Time, right?", he asks.

"Yeah. Kind of childish but it's cute.", I reply and smile.

He nods as we watch the show in peace and quiet. I stare at the clock and realize how late it's getting. I get up and get on my wheelchair and go back to the kitchen.

"Where are you going?", he asks with a pout and disappointment in his voice.

"It's getting late, we should really eat now.", I say as I look through the fridge.

"Let's just order something.", Kai suggests.

"Fine, but you treat.", I say with a slight smirk.

"Deal.", he says as he takes out his phone and dials a number. He orders the food which arrives about 20 minutes later. He pays then closes the door and heads to the dinner table. He places the food on the table and says with a bright smile.

"Dinner is served."

"Ha. Come on, eat quickly, it's about to come on again.", I say as he both eat our order of food from the store not very far away.

We finish eating then watch the television for a bit. We take turns taking showers then sit back on the couch. Hair still wet and bodies not thoroughly dried. He turns to look at me with a sincere look with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I wish everyday was like this.", he says with a smile.

"Yeah, me too.", I say before kissing his forehead again.