No show again

You and I are Undefined

~Naega baram pyeodo neoneun jeoldae pijima baby. . .naneun neoreul ijeodo neon nareul itjima lady. Gakkeum naega yeollagi eopgo~

Chaeri hit the snooze button on her phone. She slowly opened her eyes to look at the time. 7:35! School was going to start in twenty-five minutes!

"Crap, I must have turned off both of my alarms. Why did I do that?!" she lightly hit her head.

"Joonie oppa" she headed towards her brother's room.

He popped out of nowhere. "What?"

"You scared me! Oppa why didn't you wake me up?" Chaeri asked him as she went back to her room to grab her school uniform.

"Hey, you know I have trouble waking up myself. You were always my alarm. Plus, I've just gotten up, I was going to go and wake you up" he was in the midst of washing his face.

"Get out" she grabbed his arm and managed to drag him out of the bathroom.

"Yah, I haven't brushed my teeth yet!" Joon complained.

"Well, you're going to have to wait until I'm finished" she stuck out her tongue before she slammed the door shut.

"Lee Chaeri, you! Brat!" he didn't have time to argue with her. He hurried to his room to changed into his school uniform.

Within sixteen minutes, the Lee Siblings were out of the door. Joon threw Chaeri a helmet. She quickly hopped on and off to school they went.

"Speed, just speed! Hurry!" Chaeri has never been late to school before and she wasn't going to let today ruin her perfect record.

"Are you going to pay for my ticket when I get one?!" he yelled as he made a sharp left turn.

"Just hurry!" she exclaimed.

"Hold on tight then!" he said as he started to accelerate.

Good thing they didn't live so far away from the school, within three minutes the two arrived at SK High. Chaeri and Joon sprinted towards the gates that luckily, were still opened. The two split ways once they were inside the school.

Exactly one minute left until the bell sounds. She successfuly made it to class right before the teacher closed the door.

After fifteen minutes of class being in session, Junhyung enters-

"Yong Junhyung, will there ever be a day when you arrive to this class on time?" the teacher didn't even turn her back around whilst scribbling equations and she already knew that it was him.

A few guys in the back snickered. As usual, Junhyung apologized for being late and headed towards his new seat.

Like any other student who would have gotten out a paper and pencil to copy down the notes or equations, Junhyung sat there twirling his pencil around his fingers.

"He's not even attempting to write any of these notes down" Chaeri observed.

As soon as class ended,

"Are you not going to show up like yesterday?" he casually asked her as the two left the class.

"I'm sorry. Something suddenly came up yesterday. I left a message to halmeoni to tell you that I dropped by, she didn't tell you?" Chaeri asked him.

"She never mentioned that to me before she left for Busan this morning" Junhyung thought.

"Well still, you could have at least called me" Junhyung said to her.

"You can't blame me, I don't have your number" she headed towards her locker to retreive her biology textbook.

"Give me your phone" he ordered.

"Eh?" she looked at him. She was holding onto it.

"Your phone" he said.

"Why?" Chaeri questioned.

He boldly took her phone from her and punched in his number; his phone started to vibrate.

"You have my number, so there aren't any more excuses that you can make for not showing up for our tutoring sessions. I don't want to wait for you anymore. So, if you're not able to make it, then call me"

"To be exact, I did show up-" she tried to say but he cut her off.

"I don't care, I expect you to come over today, understand?" he said before walking away to catch up with his friends.

She was standing there dumbfounded. "This guy. Why do you care whether I'll show up or not. It's not like you care about that class in the first place" she closed her locker and went straight to her next class.

As soon as school ended, Chaeri proceeded to Bittersweet Cafe, her family's business.

Meanwhile at Bittersweet Cafe. . .

Chaeri delivered the food to a young couple before heading back behind the counter. She looked at her watch; 5:06.

"Right, tutoring session with Junhyung" she thought as she took off her apron. Chaeri didn't even get a chance to take a step towards the exit when a dozen middle schoolers started piling in to the cafe. She looked around; Seungho and Joon were staying after school for a Student Council Meeting today. Her mother was busy cooking. She wearily put on her apron.

"We seriously need to hire more people" she sighed. Yet, with a smile on her face, she happily greeted the customers. "Welcome to Bittersweet Cafe"

--

Junhyung casually looked at his watch.

"She's really not going to show up? Again?" he was slightly getting irritated. He decided to send her a text. He looked at his phone.

"It's already been two minutes, why isn't she replying?" he thought. He tossed his phone on the bed.

"Things can't go on like this" Junhyung suddenly had an epiphany. "I can't fail this class. They''ll never give me back my credit cards. And that car that they promised, they won't buy it for me" Junhyung pouted.

"Yong Junhyung, you can do it" he cheered himself on. He grabbed his precalc textbook and a few notebook papers and started to work on his homework.

....

"Math, you and I don't get along" he yawned and moved the textbook away as he laid his head down on his desk. Shortly after that, he fell asleep. It has only been ten minutes.



After four hours of continuous hosting and serving the customers, she was able to take a break. With only a couple of customers left, Chaeri decided to fix herself an iced mocha.

Ding ding. ..

"Sorry, but we're actually getting ready to clos-" she looked up.

"Sup dongsaeng?" Joon poked his little sister's cheek. "Had fun working without us?" he smiled.

"Where were you guys? Student Council meetings don't last that long" she crossed her arms.

"Arcade" Joon blinked.

"What?" she was going to let them off if they had a decent excuse. They left her and went out to have fun.

"You know what, Joon and I will clean up the shop since you've been working all day. Fair enough?" he asked.

"Of course" she nodded, content. Chaeri grabbed a seat nearby, with her iced mocha and phone her the other hand, she checked her phone for any text messages.

Four new messages. The text that immediately stood out to her was:

"You're not going to show up again?" the text read. She choked on her drink.

"You okay?" Seungho asked her, "Breathe"

"I forgot again" she said to no one in particular. 

"What" her brother asked as he washed off a table from nearby.

"Junhyung" she said.

"Ah, tutoring?" Seungho asked. He turned the "Open" sign to the opposite side.

"Uh" she nodded. "What should I do? I mean, what does he take me as now, a liar?" she worriedly looked at her phone.

"Since you've already forgotten, might as well forget. You can tutor him tomorrow" Joon said as he tried to take a sip from his sister's drink.

"Make your own iced mocha" she slapped his hand away before he could even put his lip to the straw.

Seungho smiled at the two siblings childish behavior. "Your brother's right. It's already late out anyway"

"Well I guess I should at least send him a text" Chaeri thought.

Meanwhile at the Yong's residence. . .

Munja washong, munja washong. Junhyung looked over at his phone; he was surprised, "Chaeri?"

Chaeri: Sorry, something came up. I should have texted you earlier and let you know.

Junhyung: Then what am I going to do?

Chaeri: Work on the assignments that were assigned today and I will check them before class starts tomorrow-

Junhyung: What, you're going to give me a sticker for finishing my homework?

Chaeri: Uh, if you want

He smiled, "Cute" he was going to reply back when another text came in.

Chaeri: Again, I'm sorry. I promise that it will never happen again. I will definitely drop by tomorrow afternoon

Junhyung: I don't know. You might not show up again tomorrow. It's hard to believe you Lee Chaeri

Chaeri: What do you want me to do, gain back your trust as your tutor?

Junhyung: That's one of the first things that you can do ^^

Chaeri: Eh? I was just joking >.<

Junhyung: I'm not. Lee Chaeri, you need to gain back my trust


"What am I doing? I need to focus" he placed his phone onto the desk and continued working on his homework.

After about twenty minutes of math, "Hm, it's not that bad" he thought aloud as he turned to the third page.

 

Comments, subscribers, new subscribers are always loved and appreciated! ^^