The Day You and I Officially Met

You and I are Undefined

Monday- 7:04 a.m.

Junhyung could barely get up from his bed. He had stayed out late with his friends and didn't come home until around 3 in the morning. With only less than four hours of sleep, Junhyung slowly stumbled out of his bed. He took a quick shower and threw on his school uniform, in which he fixed it to his liking, his style.

He walked downstairs, "Halmeoni, I think I'm going to ski-" he tried to say.

"Mom, dad, why are you guys here?" he was surprised to see his parents.

"It's our house? What kind of question is that?" his mother asked as she took a sip of her coffee.

"No, I mean, I thought you guys were still in Hong Kong" he said as he took a seat across from his father.

"We've just returned last night" his father said as he set down the newspaper.

His parents didn't look so happy.

"Halmeoni didn't tell them that I was out, did she? She wouldn't rat me out, would she?" Junhyung thought to himself.

"Halmeoni said that you were with your friends last night, studying" his mother looked at him.

"Phew, thanks halmeoni" he mentally thanked her.

"Like we would believe you're studying" his mother said.

He froze in his seat.

"I've received a phonecall from your teacher. What is this Junhyung? You're failing math class now?" his mother stared at him.

"I-" Junhyung tried to explain, but his mother cut him off.

"Your teacher suggests one of her best students to help you out. You'll be meeting up with that student today, you better not even try to do anything funny, like not attending the tutoring session. I know you, Junhyung, and there's a high chance that you will do that. So, the tutoring sessions will take place here" his mother told him.

"I don't need a tutor" Junhyung picked at his food.

"Everything's set already. Just go along with the plan" she looked at her husband.

"For now, we'll just take your credit cards away. If your mother and I see any improvements, then we will return them back to you, arasso?" his father told him.

"Wait, how did you-"

"Halmeoni got them from your room" she explained, as if going through someone's personal belongings were an okay thing to do.

"If you don't bring up your grades by the end of this semester, you can forget about getting that new car and forget about your credit cards" she said as she got up from her seat.

"I'm going to school" he mumbled as he grabbed his backpack and left.

--
SK High

"Aish!" he slammed his locker.

He couldn't stand the thought of having to spend a part of his time after school
with a nerd.

"Are you okay?" Yoseob asked Junhyung.

"Do I look like I'm okay?" Junhyung glared at him.

"I was just worried about you. So ungrateful" Yoseob pouted as he, Dongwoon, and Junhyung walked down the crowded hallway.


Someone bumped into her, and dropped her books in the hallway.

"Watch where you're going!" the guy yelled at her, even though it was his fault.

Chae Ri's books and papers were scattered everywhere.

"Are you kidding me?" she rhetorically asked aloud as she bent down to retreive her papers.

"Hyung, where are you going?" Dongwoon asked him, as Junhyung headed towards where Chae Ri was at.

"Thanks" she thanked him as he handed her her papers. She looked up. It was him.

He gave her a small smile.

Chae Ri headed towards her friends and her brother's best friend, Seungho.

The four talked about how their weekend went, things like that. It was time for them to get to their classes.

"Let's go honey" Cheondung took his girlfriend's hand.

"Hyung, see you and Chae Ri at lunch" Cheondung said as the two started to walk away.

"Bye!" Ji Eun waved and headed downstairs with Cheondung to their class.

Chae Ri turned the other way to go to her class. Seungho was walking side by side with her.

She looked at him.

"Oppa, I know my way to my classes. You don't always have to walk me to them" Chae Ri told him.

"What? I can't walk my Chaeri to her class?" Seungho wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"The thing is, your class is on the opposite side of the school" Chae Ri mumbled.

"I swear, if people didn't know, they would've thought that you and I were a couple." she looked up at him.

They've finally reached her class. Seungho saw his friends heading towards their direction.

"Go inside. Oppa's going to catch up with his friends. See you at lunch" he smiled to her as he caught up with Mir and G.O.

As usual, she's one of the first people to arrive to class. She took her regular seat; front row, left corner, near the teacher's desk.

She took out her homework and a few pieces of notebook paper.

The bell rung. Most of the students were in class on time, except for him.

10 minutes later-

"Yong Junhyung, you're late, again" Ms. Jang scowled.

"Sorry." he bowed slightly and went to his seat, which was way in the back.

The teacher continued to write down math problems, and explaining the formulas.

"Stupid math" Junhyung yawned as he laid his head down on his desk. He soon fell asleep.

She turned around. Ms. Jang noticed Junhyung sleeping. She sighed.

The bell finally rung; class was over.
 
"So, work on problems #11-83 and we will check on it tomorrow" she said and dismissed the students to their next class.

"Oppa, wake up, the bell's just rung" a random girl woke Junhyung up.

"Chae Ri, hold on, don't leave yet" Ms. Jang told her.

"Junhyung! Come over here!" she yelled at Junhyung.

Junhyung yawned as he headed towards the teacher's desk.

Ms. Jang sighed, "What am I going to do with you, Yong Junhyung?"

"I'm sure your parents have already spoken to you about your grades" she started to say.

"Yes Ms. Jang" Junhyung replied.

Chae Ri looked at her teacher.

"What's this got to do with me?" she thought to herself.

"So, Chae Ri will be helping you with your math. She's going to help you with your  assignments, homework, studying, and so on. The main goal here is for Junhyung to get a B or higher by the end of the semester" she turned to face Chae Ri.

Chae Ri looked at her teacher. She could've sworn that the teacher had never mentioned this to her before hand.

She turned back to Junhyung.

"The two of you will be meeting four times a week. I'm aware that the two of you have extracurricular activities, so the two of you can set up the time that suits you guys' schedules" Ms. Jang explained.

"Chae Ri, I hope that I'm not giving you too much pressure" the teacher said.

"No, not at all, Ms. Jang" Chae Ri told her.

"Are you serious? I already have to worry about maintaining my grades, now I need to worry about helping him improve his grade in this class?" she thought.

"Also, Junhyung, from now on, you're going to sit right here" she pointed to the front seat, right next to where Chae Ri usually sits. "you have to pay attention to class, you can't just sleep and think that you can pass this class, understand?"

"Understand" Junhyung mumbled.

"You guys can go now" the teacher waved them off.

"Bye Ms. Jang, have a good day" they both said and left the class together.

So it was decided:

Tutoring location: Junhyung's house
Days: Monday- Thursday
Hours: 2 hours (varies)


6:02 p.m.

Her friend, Ji Eun dropped Chae Ri off at Junhyung's place.

"Wah, his place is huge" Ji Eun said as she parked alongside the curb. "Call me whenever you're finished" her friend said.

"Got it, see you soon" she grabbed her backpack and headed towards the house.

She finally reached the doorstep.


"Why am I so nervous?" she thought to herself. "Lee Chae Ri, don't be nervous" she reassured herself.

"My attempt to tutor Yong Junhyung, starts now" she said as she knocked on the door.
 

As always, comments and new subscribers are appreciated. ^-^