Attempt to tutor Yong Junhyung

You and I are Undefined

"Who is she?" Junhyung asked aloud.

He was sitting at his desk. He's been sitting there for a few minutes, the only thing on his mind was her.

"The girl that sits in the front near the teacher's desk... who is she?" he asked again.

Yoseob, one of his best friends, must know who she is. He decided to give Yoseob a call.

"Sup, Junhyungie!" Yoseob yelled.

"Where are you?" Junhyung asked him.

"I'm at Hyuna's dance competition!" Yoseob exclaimed. "Aren't you going to come over and watch her perform?" he asked him.

Junhyung ignored his friend's question, and got straight to the point.

"Do you know the girl who sits right in the front, in math class? The one that sits near the teacher's desk?" Junhyung asked his friend.

"Ah, Lee Chae Ri. She's Joon hyung's little sister. Why?" Yoseob asked.

"Really?" Junhyung didn't know that she was Joon's sister.

"Why are you all of a sudden asking about Chae Ri?" he was curious.

"Nothing nothing. Hanging up" he said before Yoseob could say another word.

"Why have I never noticed her before then?" he thought.

It was getting a bit chilly. Junhyung decided to change into his regular clothes. He headed towards his closet, to pick out something comfy to wear.


Knock Knock Knock....

An old lady, in her 60s opened the door.

"Hello, I'm Lee Chae Ri" she bowed. "I'm here to tutor Junhyung" she said.

"Come in" she smiled.

She handed Chae Ri a pair of house slippers.

Chae Ri quickly took off her shoes, and slipped on the slippers that the halmeoni gave her.

"Junhyung's upstairs in his room" she said as she led Chae Ri the way.

"Junhyung, your tutor's here" she said as they were nearing his room.

"Okay, halmeoni, hold on!" he yelled.

But she still opened the door.

Standing in front of Chae Ri was a shirtless Junhyung.

"I said hold on!" Junhyung used his shirt to cover himself.

Chae Ri looked away.

Junhyung quickly put on a white wifebeater and a dark gray hooded pullover.

"I'll be downstairs. So if there's anything that you need.." she trailed off as she left the room.

"Wah, hot" she shook her head, "Snap out of it, Chae Ri-yah"

"Hey" she said, pretending as if she hadn't just accidentally walked into his room and seeing him shirtless.

"Hey" he gave her a small smile.

He managed to clear off the table so that she could set her things.

She took a seat across from his.

"Okay, so basically, you have less than five months left in order to raise your grade..." she started to say.

As she explained to him the procedures and what not, he couldn't help but to stare at her.

"She's not the kind of person that I had imagined. I imagined someone, completely different" he thought. "Ani, really, why have I never noticed her before?"

"So, Ms. Jang told me that you have to retake a test, and need help with the unit that we are currently on" she said.

She looked up. It was obvious that he wasn't listening. She cleared .

"Junhyung" she called him. It took him a few seconds to respond to her.

"Yeah" he looked at her.

"I know it's boring, having to listen to me explai-" she tried to say.

"Ani, don't think that, it's just, I was thinking, that I should..." he didn't know what to say, "Try my best so that I can pass this class" he said.

"Yeah, okay?" she said as she tried to put her notes in ascending order.

"Why am I acting so lame in front of her?" he thought.

"So, as for this unit, what do you not understand?" she asked him as she took out a pencil and blank pieces of notebook paper.

"Everything" he simply said.

"Well, that's not going to help me figure out what we need to work on" she told him.

"Let's start with section 5.1 first, and go from there" she said as she set the textbook aside.

"Do you have your notes from last time?" she looked up. Their eyes met.

"Ani" he said as he continued to look at her.

She was the first one to break eye contact with him.

"Are you serious? I'm stuck tutoring someone like him? It's obvous that he doesn't care whether he'll pass this class. I'm stuck with him for the next five months? Oh gosh, he's going to make me do his homework, I can tell. This is horrible. I should just tell Ms. Jang that I won't be able to tutor him" Chae Ri thought.

She tried to keep her calm.

"Let's use these notes for now, and you can copy it down later"

Chae Ri spent about 25 minutes going over the notes (formulas, equations, math stuff) and examples of the first section. For the next 30 minutes, she helped him with his homework.

"No, that's not how you do it" She erased his mistake, "It's suppose to be like this"

"Ah, really?" he said as he continued to work on the word problem.

"Huh, should I be glad that I'm failing math? Because the result of failing that stupid class is to have her as my tutor" Junhyung thought.

"I hope I didn't confuse you even more. This is my first time tutoring someone, actually" she told him.

"No, don't think that. I'm really glad that you've taken your time to help me" he smiled at her.

She smiled back at him.

"Hmm..maybe tutoring him isn't a bad idea at all. I guess I was over reacting" Chae Ri thought as she turned to the next page of the textbook.

About a little over an hour of their session, his friend texted him.

From: Yoseob
To: Junhyung

    Hyung, Hyuna's won the dance battle!! Going out to celebrate, the usual place. You better come, or else Hyuna's going to be upset.

"Sorry" he said as he threw his phone onto his bed.


8:21 p.m.

She looked at her watch. "Ah, sorry, I didn't notice that it's already been two hours"

"It's okay" he assured her.

She stuffed her things into her backpack.

"Where do you live? I'll take you home" Junhyung offered.

"A few blocks away from the school" she told him.

She has completely forgotten about what her friend told her before; to call her whenever she's finished.

During their ride to her house-

The atmosphere in the car was a bit awkward.

"So, do you play any sports?" he asked her.

"Tennis"

"Ah, really?" he didn't know what else to say.

"About two more blocks, then take a right" she told him.

They were getting closer to her house.

Joon and Seungho were walking along the sidewalks. Joon noticed his sister sitting in the passenger's seat.

"Chae Ri?" he took a second look to make sure.

"Hyung!" Junhyung and Chae Ri headed towards where Joon was at.

"Yah, Junhyung" the two did their handshake thingy. Same went with Seungho.

He turned to his sister, "Chae Ri, I didn't know that you were going out with Junhyung" he joked.

"Lee Changsun! You want to die?" she glared at her brother.

"I'm just kidding" he smiled.

"I'm helping him out with his assignments" she explained to Joon.

"Ah, is that so?"

"Hyung, I have to go. Catch up with you and Seungho hyung later" he bowed slightly.

Junhyung turned to Chae Ri, "I'll see you tomorrow" he told her as he headed towards his car.

"Where are you guys going?" she asked the two.

"Heading over to Seungho's place for dinner. His mother's making your favorite" Joon told her.

(Seungho's family and "Chae Ri's family have been really close ever since she could remember)

She sneezed. She hugged herself, hoping that that could warm her up, even if it's just for a short while. She shouldn't have worn short sleeves.

"You want to catch a cold? Hurry, wear this" Seungho took off his jacket and gave it to Chae Ri.

"Thank you" she thanked him.  

The three finally reached the house.

"Hi eommoni" she bowed.

"Oh, hey" she smiled at the three.

"Let me help" Chae Ri said as she headed towards the kitchen. Seungho followed right behind.

Seunghoon, Seungho's little brother was in the living room, playing video games. Joon grabbed a game console and joined the game.

Chae Ri and Seungho were kidding around as they helped take out the side dishes and set the plates and dishes.

"It'd be really nice if the two of you were together. Chae Ri is such a pretty and sweet girl. The two of you would make such a good match" his mother commented.

Seungho and Chae Ri both looked at each other and bursted into laughter.

"You're so funny eommoni" she laughed. "I love Seungho oppa, as much as I love Joonie oppa" she hugged Seungho.

"So, like a brother" he thought to himself. "So, in your eyes, you only take me as just your oppa, your brother"

 

Updated ^-^ . New subscribers, comments, and subscribers are always appreciated.

Please help and vote below:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry if the last poll came out to be a bit random, or just random.