Notes

Destination Unknown [Fic Requests]

Requested by: Shineebyunbyun
Plot/Prompt/Details: Youngjae is just a normal highschooler. One day Youngjae suddenly found a lollipop on his desk along w a small love massage and kept receiving it for a week by a stranger and decided to find out about the giver,until he caught Daehyun,the school's "prince", munching on the same kind of lollipop he was given.
Genre(s): Fluff, romance

I hope you like it, Shineebyunbyun~


 

 

Youngjae always came to school one hour before it actually started. Even though he had to wake up at an unearthly hour, he loved how quiet and peaceful it was at school when there was no one around. It might have been strange, but he enjoyed the sleep he managed to get before the teacher came into the classroom, regardless of the uncomfortable desk he rested his head on.
 

This day however, someone must have come before him. There was no one in the classroom, but there was something lying on his desk. He was quite certain it had been placed there this morning, because he had been one of the last to leave the previous day.
 

When he neared his desk, he could see there was a lollipop with a note attached to it. He removed the note which read: “Yoo Youngjae, seeing you smile can immediately brighten up my day.” He flipped the note to see if there was anything more written on it, but there was nothing.
 

He walked out of the classroom to see if there was anyone in one of the other’s nearby, but he seemed to be the only one from his grade there. The likelihood of it being someone from another grade was small as he had never interacted with any of them.
 

He went back into the classroom and sat down on his chair, looking at the note to see if he could somehow recognise the handwriting.
 

-
 

The next day, the same cherry flavoured lollipop as the previous day with a new note had been placed on his desk. Youngjae blushed slightly as he read the message: “I wish I could kiss those fluffy cheeks of yours...”
 

-
 

Youngjae never expected this to go on for long, and he was starting to become immensely intrigued about who his secret admirer was. He didn't even know if it was a boy of a girl. The writing made him think it was a boy, but it was impossible to rule out it being a girl.
 

I sometimes wonder what it would be like to hold your hand, if it would fit perfectly in mine.”
 

 

-
 

Are your lips as soft as they look?”

Youngjae looked out through the open classroom door when he noticed all the girls gathering in the hall. There was only one thing that would cause that, Jung Daehyun. The guy that made all the girls swoon. Youngjae had never understood why, until a few months back. He had always pictured Daehyun like an arrogant, self-centred prick... although he usually didn’t pre-judge people, it was easy to do so with certain people. It wouldn’t be weird if Youngjae had been right about it, after all, when someone got all the girls’ attention every time he stepped out of his classroom, it would be easy to become that kind of a person.
 

A couple of months ago however, Youngjae bumped into him when he hadn’t paid attention to where he was going. All his books fell to the floor, and when he saw who he had crashed into, he was sure he would get scolded. To Youngjae’s surprise, Daehyun immediately apologised and picked up the books. He smiled brightly as he handed Youngjae the books, and apologised again before leaving.
 

Ever since, Youngjae had listened to what people usually said about Daehyun, and it was never anything negative. Soon he found himself admiring the other male, which eventually evolved into a crush.
 

-

Youngjae came to school on a Saturday morning, a regular routine for him. Only a few others did the same as he, so when he saw the lollipop lying on his desk today as well, it made him think it was someone who did the same.

“You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen...”

Again he tried to look for other people, hoping it could give him some kind of idea as to who it could be. There were only a couple of students in each room, and Youngjae couldn't picture it being any of them.

 

-

Barely anyone else came to school on a Sunday. Youngjae only did it to be allowed to play video games for the rest of the day, but today he was actually hoping to find a lollipop on his desk.


“No one knows this, but I can sing well... I wish I could sing you a love song.”


-
 

I hope to one day be the one to make you smile the way that makes your eyes glimmer.”
 

Youngjae read the note one more time that day before he headed to the roof during recess in need for some fresh air. Whatever ventilation they had was not working properly this day, and a headache was slowly forming.

Just before opening the door that would lead out, he grabbed the lollipop that was resting in his blazer-pocket and removed the covering plastic. He put the red orb into his mouth as he pushed the door open.
There was another male standing with his back facing Youngjae, listening to music seeing as he was wearing headphones. He wasn't quite sure if he should leave in case the other student wished to be alone, but he reckoned it wouldn't matter if only he minded his own business.

 

Before Youngjae was able to move much from the entrance, the other turned around to face him. It was none other than Jung Daehyun, munching on a lollipop. The latter removed the candy from his mouth, and gave him a hesitant smile.
 

“Hi,” Daehyun said, seemingly nervous. Youngjae took the lollipop out of his mouth with a small 'pop', noticing the very similar colour of their ball of sugar. Although he knew it couldn't possibly be the school's 'prince' who had been giving him those notes, there was a part of him that wished for it to be.
 

“Hi,” He answered, uncertain whether or not he should mention the candy. Youngjae laughed dryly, “I've been receiving these the past week now... cherry flavoured, quite good,” he lifted the object he was talking about slightly as he spoke.
 

“And there were sweet notes attached to them, ha-ha,” he blurted, mentally hitting himself for saying that.
 

“I- did you - were they too... mushy?” Daehyun sighed, scrunching his face slightly. “Aish, I knew I should have gone with something different,” he mumbled, unable to fixate his eyes at one place.
 

“What? I-it was you?” Youngjae's eyes widened slightly, trying to fight the smile that wanted to evoke his lips.

“O-oh, you didn't know. , I thought- since you mentioned-”

“No, no- well, I kinda- well since you had the same kind... but I didn't actually think you would give something like this to someone like me.” He fiddled with the plastic stick nervously.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you could probably get any girl in this school...”

“I don't want any girl... I want you.” Youngjae was now unable to fight the smile, but he didn't dare to look straight at the other. He found it utterly unbelievable that the guy he had been having a crush on the past months, also had a crush on him.

 

Daehyun noticed the smile that had surfaced along with the faint tint on his cheeks, and took one step closer. “Would you like to go on a date with me?”

“Yes,” Youngjae nodded. It was now his turn to see the other's bright smile, which widened his own.

 

The school bell rang, indicating that the lessons would soon start again. Youngjae looked back at the door, thinking he should open it. The bell gave Daehyun the perfect chance to shorten the proximity between him and Youngjae, as they would have to leave. He stopped right in front of him, lifting his hand to touch Youngjae's cheek.
 

Youngjae looked straight at Daehyun, both their eyes slowly closing as Daehyun's face came closer to his. Their lips touched lightly, but it only lasted a short while.

“Your lips are as soft as they look.”