Chapter 8

True Love (You're Beautiful FanFic)

 

Enjoy reading this! ^_^


Chapter 8

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

Aish! So many dishes to wash. How am I going to finish my share of cleaning before Sang-Hee leaves? I have to wish her goodnight! Think. Think. Think!

"Hey Jeremy.." I glanced at him with my puppy dog eyes. But he wasn't there.

Confused, I faced Manager Ma. "Where did Jeremy go?"

"Uh. I think he went to the bathroom," said Manger Ma as he scrubbed a dirty plate. "Why?" he asked.

"Oh. Uh no reason," I said slyly, secretly smiling to myself.

Hehehehe.

I went back to my spot and grabbed as many dirty plates I could hold from my pile and added them to Jeremy's stack.

Seems like no one spotted me..that's good. Sang-Hee here I come!

I sniffed my hands.

Bleh. Got to get rid of the food smell first.

I quickly washed my hands and galloped to the living room, drying my hands on my pants. "Sang-Hee!" I yelled, but to my dismay the room was empty besides Tae-Kyung with his stupid scowling face and my sister with her distressed expression.

Aw man, she left already?

I started walking to my room to beat myself and cry privately but Mi Nyu's anguished faced appeared in my head.

Oh . How could I be so selfish that I entirely forgot about my own sister?

I rushed to Mi Nyu's side. She had on a lost soul look. I shook her. "Mi Nyu, what's wrong?" I asked frantically. She looked at me with a blank face. "Answer me! What the hell happened here? Did he hurt you?" I pointed a menacing finger at Tae-Kyung. I still didn't get a response. I got up and grabbed Tae-Kyung's shirt collar. "You dirty bastard! What did you do to her?" I demanded.

He pried my grip off of him with unnecessary force. "Aish. Don't you touch me!" he yelled.

"Well I wouldn't have to if you told me what happened!" I yelled back.

He inhaled sharply and looked the other way. "She's facing a dilemma." he softly said.

"You mean choosing between you and Shin-Woo?" I asked curiously, tilting my head sideways.

I didn't give him a chance to answer. I bent down to face Mi Nyu. I put my hands firmly on her shoulder and looked her in the eye seriously. "Mi Nyu, if this concerns your happiness for the rest of your life, I will advise you, so listen carefully to your favorite and only brother who deeply loves you. Pick. Shin-Woo. He'll make you a million more times happier than his jerk face standing before you."

"What?" Tae-Kyung fiercely asked. "What does this have to do with anything right now?"

Huh?

"Uh..isn't that the problem she's facing?" I asked, confused.

"Are you stupid?" he gawked. "You're really dumb huh?"

"Hey! Why are you calling me an idiot? If her problem isn't making the choice between you and Shin-Woo then what is?" I asked, frustrated by the lack understanding.

"Oppa.." Mi Nyu spoke very softly, "it's not his fault. It's mine."

I put an arm around her. "What happened?" I asked kindly.

"I have to go on a date tomorrow." she said bluntly.

Oh is that all? Tch. Shin-Woo is totally more boyfriend worthy than arrogant and prideful Tae-Kyung.

"So? Go on that date and enjoy it," I encouraged.

"But I have to go meet Mother Superior." she said in a detached voice.

"Can't you do it another time? I mean c'mon! It's a date with Shin-Woo. You're future husband and your true love!" I whined.

"Hey! That's enough!" Tae-Kyung yelled. "I've had it with your stupidity! Get out!"

"Back off! Don't tell me what to do. Mi Nyu is my sister," I said.

"Stop fighting. Please. I can't meet Mother Superior another day because she won't be here for another day! I can't tell Mother that I can't go on the date because it'll hurt her feelings since she already planned everything out," Mi Nyu said in despair.

"So what are you going to do? You can't be in two places at once," I said.

"Yes she can," Tae-Kyung said suddenly, his voice full of excitement.

Go Mi Nyu and I looked up at him with confusion shown clearly on our faces. "Hyung-nim, what do you mean?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Well I don't know if it'll work. Go Mi Nam?" he took his warm eyes off of Mi Nyu and stared intensely at me.

"What?" I asked rudely.

"Exactly how much do you love your sister?" he asked with a small smile.

"A lot," I easily replied. "What does that have to do with the current situation?"

"Do you love her enough to be her?" he asked, cocking his head and grinning.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Hyung-nim, please get to the point." Mi Nyu demanded.

"Well if Mi Nam loves you enough to dress up like you and go on the double date then you can freely go meet Mother Superior with no worries," he said.

"What? Me? Dress like her? A girl?"

"Indeed. Think about it. Think about how much you owe her. You can't possibly repay her back, even with your life, for all the suffering she went through because of you," he said. "So why can't you do this small, little deed for her?" he questioned.

I stared at Mi Nyu. I caught a glimpse of hope on her face that was never there before. I gulped and quickly whipped my forehead to remove the cold sweat that leaked onto my eyebrows.

He's right. Even if I died for her, I can't ever compensate her for suffering she's been through. It's only being a girl for a day that scares me. Is this how she felt when she became a guy? I have to do it. For Mi Nyu. For her happiness. Just like she did it for my sake.

I inhaled deeply and slowly let the air drain out from my lungs. "Fine. I'll do it. But only for one day!"

Mi Nyu gazed at me with her wide, innocent eyes. "Oppa, it's okay. You don't have to do it. It's my problem."

I stared intensely at Mi Nyu. "Mi Nyu, I'll do it because this small crisis is nothing compared to what you've done for me." I said.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Tae-Kyung satisfied smirk.

That fool thinks he's so clever. So that's how he get revenge on me.

"Oppa.." Mi Nyu said, lost for words. "Thank-You," she said sincerely.

I grinned. "No problem. What's a big brother for anyways if he can't protect his lovable sister." I teased, pinching her nose.

I stood up and walked to my room with a solemn face.

Me a girl. What a joke!

I sat in the corner of my room with my head on my knees. I replayed the conversation in my head.

Wait. Tae-Kyung said double date. Who's the other couple? Do we even know another couple in Africa?

I pondered about it before it instantly became obvious. So obvious I scolded myself.

No! It can't be! A double date with Sang-Hee? Only I am not her date? I have to go on a date with her brother? Stupid, stupid, stupid me! Not only is this going to be humiliating but I have to act pretty in front of Sang-Hee?

I ran out of the room, almost slipping and bumping into Jeremy. "Hey! Watch where you're going." Jeremy shouted. He analyzed me and saw my hectic expression. "Hey, what's the matter with you?"

"None of your business. Where's Tae-Kyung?" I asked, rushing my words.

"In his room of course. Where else? You dummy." he said.

I rushed past him. "Okay. Thanks." I yelled without looking back.

I forcefully opened Tae-Kyung's door. "Hey Tae-Kyung!" I shouted.

"What do you want?" Tae-Kyung asked bitterly, appearing behind me with a water bottle in his hands.

I turned around. "You said that it's going to be a double date. Who's the other couple?" I asked.

"Are you stupid? Do you know another couple?"

"So I have to go on a double date with Shin-Woo, Sang-Hee, and you?"

"Duh," he confirmed, rolling his eyes. "Now get out, I have stuff to do." he ordered.

I walked back to my room in a daze. "Hey. You're going on a date with Shin-Woo?" Jeremy asked uncomfortably.

"What? Oh. Uh..yeah." I looked sideways avoiding his eyes.

He became even more suspicious. "So..you're.."

"I am what?" I snapped.

"Shin-Woo..and you. Are you.." he trailed off.

"What? Finish your sentences!"

He sighed. "Do you really like Sang-Hee or was that just a cover up for your preferences."

I finally understood his implications. "Yes. I like girls, Jeremy. Don't be stupid and question my ual orientation."

He sighed in relief. "Okay. But why are you going on a date with Shin-Woo then?"

"Mi Nyu has to go somewhere tomorrow so she can't make it to the double date that Ms. Kang arranged. So then Tae-Kyung," I said his name as if I just took a bite out of a lemon, "came up with the idea that I should be Mi Nyu and go on the stupid date so that she could go see Mother Superior."

"Go Mi Nyu is going to meet up with Mother Superior? By herself? Tomorrow?" Jeremy asked.

Of course this fool thinks about my sister before caring about me.

I sighed, "Jeremy, you're not worth talking to. Just shut up and go sleep."

"I wanna go with Mi Nyu tomorrow!" he shouted with joy.

He skipped to Mi Nyu's room and delightfully asked her if he could come. "Certainly Jeremy! I'd love if you'd go with me!" she said with a big smile.

"Hurray!" cheered Jeremy. He left her room, grinning as he hopped past me to his room.

That's Jeremy for you. Only caring about Mi Nyu.

"Hey Jeremy!" I called.

He stopped and turned around to face me. "Congratulations!" I said.

He looked confused. "For what?"

"For reaching a new level of stupid," I teased.

"Hmph!" he stamped into his room.

Ruining Jeremy's mood is always fun. It almost makes me feel better. Ah. I never understood why bullying isn't accepted as a tool to relieve stress.

I washed my face a few times, splashing it with ice cold water.

I can do this. I can do this. I have to do this.

I laid on my bed, still encouraging myself before I fell asleep.

 

 


Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

 

 

I couldn't sleep again. Maybe it's because I am worried about Mi Nyu going to visit Mother Superior tomorrow by herself. I grinned in the dark. I was proud that I was able to think up something so brilliant today. With Go Mi Nam going on the date, it'll save me from being jealous. But I would still be worried about Mi Nyu. I need to talk to her. I sat up too fast that my head started spinning. Once the room stopped moving, I bolted out and slowly entered Mi Nyu's room. "Mi Nyu," I whispered.

I couldn't see a single thing so I blindly felt the wall for the light switch. The lights came on and showed a empty bed.

She's not in bed? Where did she go?

Something moved to the right of me and my eyes flickered to the balcony door in her room. Mi Nyu opened the door and stepped into the light with her Hello Kitty pajamas. "Hyung-nim, what are you doing here?"

"Uh," I stammered, thinking of an excuse, "I, er, wanted to check if your door was locked and it wasn't. Go Mi Nyu. What if a burglar came in?"

She smiled. "Okay. What are you here to steal, Mr. Burglar?"

"Mi Nyu, I said I was checking not that I am here to steal something. There wouldn't be anything worth stealing in here anyways," I said.

"Then why bother locking the door?" she countered.

I changed the subject. "Why are you not sleeping? It's late."

"I was thinking about what to say to Mother Superior tomorrow and if my brother can pull it off," she answered.

I shut the door behind me and sat down on her bed. I closed my eyes. "Are you going to be okay going tomorrow?"

"Ah yeah, Hyung-nim. Please don't worry about me," she said.

I opened my eyes and turned around to look at her. "Do you want me to go with you?"

"No Hyung-nim. That's okay. You have to go on the date tomorrow," she said, waving her hands in front of her.

"I can call in sick and leave with you," I informed.

"No. You have to go on the date or it will be suspicious and Mother would be upset. Jeremy is going with me tomorrow so please don't worry about me," she said.

My eyes widen. "Jeremy is going with you?"

"Yes. It'll be fun," she smiled.

I hid my disappointment. With my head tilted upwards I said, "Oh, well then, I am going back to my room then."

"Good night and sleep well, Hyung-nim," Mi Nyu wished.

I coughed and exited the room. I went into my room and leaned my head on the wall behind my bed.

She'll be fine Tae-Kyung. Jeremy will be with her.

I groaned and lied down on the soft pillow.

So much for not being jealous tomorrow.

 

 


Go Mi Nam's Point of View

 

 

"GO MI NAM!" an ear-piercing voice hollered, shattering my dreams.

I jolted out of my bed with my hands up in defense mood. "What? What?"

"Go Mi Nam! Do you know what time it is?" Coordinator Wang bellowed.

"Go wash your face this instant! We have to get you ready for your date!" she shouted.

"Where's Mi Nyu?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"She's downstairs eating breakfast. Tae-Kyung told me everything and there isn't enough time for you to daydreaming and lying around! Go wash your face NOW!" she screamed.

I ran out of the room. "Alright! I am going. I am going! Don't have a cow."

"Don't make me make you regret that!" she shouted from my room.

I quickly washed my face and patted it dry with a clean towel.

I can do this. It's just a date. Just pretend Shin-Woo is a women and it'll be fine.

I thought of Shin-Woo's masculine face.

Shin-Woo is a women. A really manly women. Just my..type.

I exhaled through my teeth.

I am the women in this relationship! Who am I to kid. Wait. How do girls act? Crap!

I quickly thought about the dates I've been on with girls in the past and observed their behavior.

They giggle and twist their hair. Is that really how girls act? Oh man. I am so screwed if I screw this up. AH! The pressure!

I angrily scratch my hair. "Go Mi Nam! What the hell is taking you?" roared Coordinator Wang.

"Coming!" I yelled back.

I walked back to my room, still analyzing my past dates' behaviors. I nibbled on my thumb trying to remember but there were too many girls to recall. "Sit down now! I need to work on your face!" ordered Coordinator Wang.

I hesitantly sat down on the chair. On the desk laid millions of make-up. "You're lucky I didn't glue this to Manager Ma's head. This wig is almost exactly as Mi Nyu's hair," she pointed out.

Mi Nyu walked in. "Coordinator Noona, do you need any help?" she asked.

"Get me some of your clothes," Coordinator Wang commanded.

My eyes enlarged. "Mi Nyu. Please, please, please, don't make me wear a dress!" I desperately begged.

"Don't worry Oppa. I'll get you a tee-shirt and jeans!" she cried.

Coordinator Wang began applying make-up to my face. She grumbled and muttered, "This is hard, but not hard enough for the best, me," she said confidently.

Mi Nyu returned with a pile of clothes in her hands with Tae-Kyung behind her, looking in curiously. I wanted to hide my face but I was more afraid of being scolded by Coordinator Wang. "Here are the clothes. Uh Coordinator Noona. Shin-Woo called. He said that he'll be here in a hour," she said, apologetically.

"What? That's not enough time! Mi Nyu, get over here and help me," she instructed without looking up.

My face was completely feminized in half an hour. "Tae-Kyung, stop zoning out and hand me that wig," Coordinator requested, pointing at the wig that laid on the bed.

Tae-Kyung grabbed the wig and examined it. "Isn't this the wig Mi Nyu wore once when she went to visit Mother Superior?"

"Yes yes. Hand it over," Coordinator Wang said, impatiently while Mi Nyu finished the final touches on my face.

Coordinator Wang carefully placed the wig on top of my head and straightened it to make it look natural. "There. You look like Mi Nyu," she said with pride. "Now go change into these," she ordered, picking out the clothes from Mi Nyu's pile.

Everyone exited the room, laughing silently. I sighed as I changed quickly.

What have I gotten myself into? So humiliating!

Just as Mi Nyu promised, I changed into a girly tee-shirt and tight fitting jeans.

Girls wear uncomfortable jeans to look cute for guys. I shouldn't take that for granted now that I know how it feels to wear these stupid things that stop blood flow.

"Okay! I am done," I said, peeking out of the door. To my surprise no one was in the hallway, not even a single kid was seen.

Wonder where they went. Jeremy probably sent them on another adventure again.

I heard voices coming from the kitchen and I headed towards it slowly. "Go Mi Nam! Hurry! Get over here!" Jeremy shouted. "Manager Ma and Coordinator Wang are stalling Shin-Woo hyung and Tae-Kyung hyung is hiding Mi Nyu! Hurry!"

"What are you doing?" I asked as he held round fruits up to my chest.

"Coordinator Wang told me to find..the right fruit size," he blushed and looked away.

"Huh?" I asked, confused. I stared at my flat chest.

Oh yeah...girls don't have flat chests...well Mi Nyu doesn't. Can it get any worse?

"Uh. Go Mi Nam?" Jeremy looked at his feet. "Coordinator Wang also wanted me to ask if you're wearing a you know..a bra," he spat out quickly.

"Oh is that what this thing is?" I lifted my shirt up and showed him the garment.

"Why are you showing me that?" he screamed, blushing a deep dark red color.

I laughed my off. "Didn't you ask me to show you it?"

"No! Shut up!" he snapped as he held two kiwis up. "No. Not the right size," he muttered.

"Jeremy, are you saying you know what size my sister is?" I asked incredulously.

"If I did I wouldn't be wasting my time fooling around," he said, frowning at me. "Oh hey, can I borrow your car?"

I glared. "What for?"

He better not be using it to pick up girls.

"I need a car to take Mi Nyu to see Mother Superior. The buses take too long," he said, holding up two mangoes to my chest.

"Oh. Sure then as long as you use it for Mi Nyu. My keys are on the table," I pointed to the counter.

"Tch. I wouldn't dare use my friend's car to holler at girls unlike someone here," he scowled.

I laughed. "Jeremy. You consider me as your friend? Maybe this will turn out to be a great day!" I rejoiced.

He started pacing around the kitchen. "Which fruit...That's it!" his eyes lighted up as he ran to the fridge and grabbed the bag of oranges we bought yesterday.

The front door slammed shut. "Shin-Woo wait! We still need to talk about how you should handle Mi Nyu!" Manager Ma cried.

"Hold on. I just want to say hi to Mi Nyu first," Shin-Woo said calmly.

"Aish! Hurry and shove these down your shirt! Shin-Woo hyung is coming! I'll go stall him!" Jeremy urged. He sprinted to the living room. Halfway there he turned around. "Hurry!"

"Ah! Hi Shin-Woo hyung! What's up?" I heard him greet.

"Uh, nothing much. Where's Mi Nyu?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Hyung! It's always about Go Mi Nyu! You never have time for me!" Jeremy complained.

"I'll spend time with you later. I need to get Mi Nyu. My mother is waiting," Shin-Woo said impatiently.

It sounded like Shin-Woo was going to come in at any time so I quickly grabbed two oranges that were roughly the same size and filled the empty space the bra provided. I put on a girly smile and walked to the living room.

I am going to kill myself afterward.

"Oh hi Shin-Woo hyung." I said roughly through my teeth in my high pitched voice.

Shin-Woo gawked at me. "Did..you..lose a bet Go Mi Nam?"

He saw through my disguise?

"Uh, no..What are you talking about? I am Mi Nyu, Shin-Woo hyung," I lied.

Shin-Woo rolled his eyes and laughed. "Seriously. Where's Mi Nyu and why are you dressed like that?"

"Shin-Woo. I can explain." I said, dropping my girl voice.

"Okay. Explain then." he calmly commanded.

"Mi Nyu left already. She can't go on the date because she has to meet Mother Superior and she agreed to the date because she saw that your mom would be terribly hurt if she declined. Therefore, I am going to be your date for today," I clarified.

"Really? You're not joking with me right?" he asked.

"Yes. Sorry Shin-Woo, you have to date this retard for the day" Tae-Kyung said, walking down the stairs.

"Unbelievable..I am lost at words right now," Shin-Woo said.

"Hey..do I really look like Mi Nam?" I asked.

"Not really. I only knew because we see each other everyday. My mother and sister probably won't recognize you if you're careful." he said.

"Then shall we go now?" Tae-Kyung asked.

"Yeah. Let's go. My mother is waiting," said Shin-Woo.

I pushed my bra up and groaned, "These are so uncomfortable!"

"It's okay. Do your best and if you get caught I wasn't part of it," Coordinator Wang added.

Manager Ma had tears in his eyes. "I never thought my Mi Nam would grow up to be like this."

I glared at him before leaving.

I sat in the front of the car while Tae-Kyung took a seat in the back. Shin-Woo looked disappointed and Tae-Kyung was grinning contently. "Go Mi Nam, can you act and sound like your sister?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Hmm. Let me try," I cleared my throat, "Tae-Kyung is the stupidest jerk on the face of this planet. We should buy a rocket and ship him to Pluto and pray that the aliens would accept his stupid prideful and arrogant ways. How was that?"

"Hey! What's your problem!" Tae-Kyung shouted.

"That was pretty good. You almost had Mi Nyu's voice. Try lowering the tone a little," Shin-Woo instructed.

"Okay, Tae-Kyung, you know very well that it is true and that Shin-Woo is the better man for my sister. Did I get it that time?" I asked.

"Perfect," Shin-Woo said, smiling.

Tae-Kyung exhaled noisily and I smiled.

That should make you angry.

 

 


Jeremy's Point of View

 

 

"Go Mi Nyu!" I yelled from the living room, "They're gone! You can come out now!"

I heard a door opened and footsteps climbing down the stairs. I ran over to the stairs to greet her. "Ready to go?" I asked, grinning.

She straightened her shirt. "Ah, yeah. But why did I have to hide from Shin-Woo hyung?" she asked.

"Because if you didn't Shin-Woo would've probably forced you to go," Coordinator Wang explained.

"I don't think Shin-Woo would do that," she said.

"Well who knows? Hiding you was just a precaution," Coordinator Wang said.

"Let's go, Go Mi Nyu. Or we'll be late," I warned.

"Ah, yeah. Let's go now. Bye Coordinator Noona. Bye Manager Ma. We'll be home soon!" Mi Nyu yelled, as I dragged her to the purple sports car.

"Wait! Don't come home until we call you. We don't want you bumping into the fake Mi Nyu!" Manager Ma shouted.

"Okay," I said.

I unlocked the car and opened the door for Mi Nyu. "We're using Oppa's car?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's letting me drive it," I said with a smile.

She got in and I started the car. It roared to life and hummed silently.

"Ready?" I asked.

"I am ready," Mi Nyu said.

 

 


Go Mi Nam's Point of View

 

 

"Oh my gosh! This thing is killing me! Who the hell invented this torture device!" I complained loudly.

"Mi Nam..What are you using to..imitate Mi Nyu's..." Shin-Woo trailed off.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Tae-Kyung snap up and listen attentively to our conversation. "The oranges Jeremy bought last night," I replied.

"How did you know the..size," Shin-Woo asked, looking awkward.

"I don't. Jeremy knew," I said.

I heard a quiet gasp from the back seat. Shin-Woo laughed. "I didn't know Jeremy would pay attention to those kinds of things."

I laughed along. "I didn't know either."

From the mirrors I saw that Tae-Kyung was scowling and focused his attention to the scenery that we zoomed past.

We arrived at a large, mesmerizing house. The house looked old fashioned with shiny, tall, clean new windows. The front yard had many large trees and rosebushes. There was a swing hanging from the biggest tree on the yard."We're here," Shin-Woo announced, as he pulled the keys out of the ignition. "Prepare yourself," he warned me.

I inhaled and exhaled. "I am ready."

 


Don't forget to Review this chapter and comment! Subscribe as well! :D