The Things That Didn't Happen

Temptation or Love

Donghae woke up with a terrible headache as he struggled to open his eyes. He felt a weight on top of him and he opened his eyes to see Seung Ah snuggled up to him. Suddenly all of the events from the previous night came crashing down on him and he started to panic. He looked under the blanket to see that they were barely wearing anything and when he scanned the room he saw their clothes scattered everywhere. Donghae’s eyes shot open as he began to fear the worst. He gently shook the girls shoulder to wake her up and within a few seconds her eyelids slowly lifted. She looked at Donghae’s face and smiled as she laid her head in the crook of his neck. Feeling uncomfortable, Donghae sat up on the bed which caused Seung Ah to groan in annoyance.

“Seung Ah…did we…did I…oh my god…” Donghae started to ramble which made it impossible for Seung Ah to fall back asleep so she sat up and wrapped her arms around Donghae. But Donghae quickly shifted away from her and moved around to face her.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned. “What’s wrong babe?”

Donghae’s heart was racing as he wondered what happened to him last night. “Seung Ah…Did we do anything last night?”

She started to giggle. “Well…we did a lot of things last night.”

His eyes grew wide as he started to fear what she meant by that. “Seung Ah…I’m being serious. Did we DO anything last night?”

Her mood changed when she realized that he was not amused by her playful attitude. “No. You passed out before we even got to the fun stuff.”

“I…I knocked out?” Donghae was starting to wonder how much alcohol he consumed for him to pass out. “How?”

“I don’t know. One minute I’m on cloud 9 as we’re making out and then I got on top of you and started kissing your neck. I wasn’t hearing anything from you so I looked up to find that you had already entered dreamland.” Donghae could tell that she was annoyed from the sound of her voice and he couldn’t help but laugh a little.

“I guess that’s a little embarrassing.”

She looked at him and slowly touched his hand. “It’s okay. Besides, if I sleep with a man, I want it to be because I love him, not because of a couple of drinks.”

Donghae was relieved and smiled at her. “See. This is why I think you’re an amazing person.”

Her checks started to turn red and she tried to act cute as she giggled at him. “Donghae, you’re just being nice. I bet you don’t really think that.”

“I do. You’re really pretty, you’re soft spoken, you’re a great person to talk to, and I really like your company.”

She leaned forward to kiss him on the cheek and she then hugged him, which he accepted, but Donghae was taken back when she suddenly jumped on him and straddled his lap. He tried to push her off him in a way that she wouldn’t be offended but she took that as a wrong sign and slowly pushed him back down on the bed.

“S…Seung Ah…what are you doing?”

She put on a y smirk as she leaned her face so close to his that their lips were almost touching. “Well now that you’re sober…” And without finishing her sentence she started to nibble at his neck all the way to his mouth. She placed her hands at the back of his head, grabbing locks of his hair as she tried to push him closer to deepen the kiss. She by biting his lower lip, as she now knew that it was a weak spot for him. Donghae closed his eyes as she did so and the moment he did, an image of you popped in his head. His eyes then shot open as he pushed her off of him, almost knocking her off the bed completely.

“Donghae! What was that for?”

“I’m sorry but we can’t do this.”

“Of course we can.” Seung Ah attempted to move closer to him but he got off from the bed before she could even touch him.

“No we can’t!”

Seung Ah was getting angry. “Why not?”

“Because I love somebody else! You know I have a girlfriend!”

“What girlfriend? You mean the one who left you alone for almost 2 months? The one who almost put you into a depression and made you feel like you didn’t exist?”

Donghae’s blood began to boil. “What are you talking about?”

“That’s what you told me last night. You even thought that she may be having an affair and that’s why she’s not coming back.”

“I was drunk! I had no idea what I was saying OR doing!”

“They say a man is always honest with enough alcohol.”

“Are you actually trying to convince me that I don’t love the woman I’ve been with for over 6 years?”

“You said it yourself. You told me that I was prettier and that I was the only person you could make you that happy. You even told me that I can satisfy you better than she can.”

“And when was that? When you were buying me 10 shots while I was already drunk, or when you were shoving your tongue down my throat as you were taking off all of your clothes?”

“Donghae, you can deny it all you want but I know you have feelings for me.”

“Seung Ah, last night was a mistake. It should’ve never happened and I’m sorry if I gave you the wrong signals but I do not love you and I never will.”

Her face dropped. “What makes her so special? I’m beautiful, successful, and I’m easy to get along with. Any guy would be more than willing to be you right now….but you reject me for some nobody girl. Why?”

“She’s a part of me. We met during my trainee days and she’s always been the one there for me whenever I’ve needed the support. When times were tough, she would be my best friend and she would make all of the pain go away. She’s caring and understanding, even with all of the fan girls and my busy schedule. We enjoy all of the same things and even though we know everything about each other, we’re always learning something new and there are always new reasons to love her. Even my father told me that she was a keeper. It’s gotten to a point where I can’t go a day without hearing from her because I need her that much. I’m not going to give her up for some girl who seduced me at a bar.” Donghae realized that he may have gone too far with his last statement and immediately regretted it.

Seung Ah was getting ticked off as his words felt like a knife to her heart. “You may say you love her but how can you say she feels the same way about you?”

“Excuse me? You are no one to say whether my girlfriend loves me or not.”

“Really? Then why is she making excuses not to come back to you?”

Donghae thought the argument was pointless because he felt like he didn’t need to explain to anyone about the feelings between you and him. He turned around and shut his eyes to calm himself down. He sighed as he ran his hand through his hair. Without looking at her he said very softly “Put your clothes on. I’ll make you breakfast and then I’ll drive you back to your place. After that I don’t want to have anything to do with you. Got it?”

“You’re really kicking me out?”

He just nodded.

“Screw you jerk!” She threw a pillow at him and gathered her clothes before storming off to the bathroom. Donghae Sighed and went downstairs to make her food.

He was almost done with the eggs and was placing it on her plate when he heard her storming down the stairs. He swallowed his pride and approached her calmly as she fiddled with his door. “Where are you going? I said I would give you a ride, and your food is already on the table.”

Seung Ah just glared at him. “I don’t need a ride from you. I called a cab.” She finally opened the door and slammed it on Donghae’s face. He heard the cab drive off and he sighed as he walked back to the kitchen to eat his food and to use an aspirin for his headache. After eating he checked his phone and saw a message from you.

“Hey fishie! My grandmother is fine now and I can come home. I’ve already booked the flight for next week. I hope you didn’t get into trouble while I was gone lol jk. Anyway, I can’t wait to see you. I love you ;)”

After reading your text Donghae just put his head down as he tried to forget the last two days.