Chapter Ten

The Benefits of Curiosity

 

“Why? Why? Why?” Yongguk repeated to himself like a crazy person as he searched frantically through the dryer for clothes, any goddamn clothes at this point, to cover his .

How could he even have an when he’d just about outed himself in front of EVERYONE? Or more importantly, in front of JUNHONG?!

He shot a disgusted sneer down at his . “What’s wrong with you? Can’t you try to behave like a normal, compliant for one day? Just one?”

Really, it was beginning to get to be too much. Yongguk couldn’t even control his own urges anymore. He couldn’t remember ever being this as a teenager. Weren’t people supposed to be less ually frustrated as they got older? Was he some kind of freak with an overactive ?

Was that even a real thing?

He tried to think if he’d ever heard of such a medical problem before. The only thing he could think of were all those commercials that say to go to the doctor if an lasts more than four hours.

Well, Yongguk’d been hard, more or less, ever since he’d started thinking about Junhong’s after that conversation with Channie when they’d done the dishes together.

That reminded him, he still hadn’t come up with a suitable punishment for Himchan for causing all of this, the evil bastard.

He slammed the door to the dryer shut with more force than necessary.

“I can’t believe I… that I… Oh, god!!” Yongguk muttered angrily to himself as he finally got dressed. His whole body felt like it was burning with shame and embarrassment as his mind replayed the way he’d gently kissed Junhong’s shoulder. It was definitely not something he could play off as part of a normal hyung-dongsaeng relationship.

His heart was caught in his throat. He tugged a hand through his hair, aggravated with himself to no end.

If the guys hadn’t walked into the kitchen at that moment, Yongguk was certain he would’ve done something even stupider. He would have done so much more than just kiss the maknae’s shoulder.

“Maybe… Maybe I just need to get laid.” Yongguk pulled at his hair in frustration. He wanted to scream or smoke or kick the out of something. Actually, no, what he wanted to do was confess his never ending love to someone that he considered to be an invaluable part of his life and then possibly said person into the nearest flat surface for the next twelve hours.

And doing that was completely out of the question.

Junhong would inevitably reject in him in the nicest way possible, and then they’d spend the rest of their lives awkwardly avoiding Yongguk’s one-sided love while trying to act like they weren’t awkwardly avoiding anything.

Yongguk was startled by a knock at the laundry room door.

“What?” he growled, in no mood to be mocked by the people that were supposed to respect him.

“Hey, calm down, hyung,” Youngjae said quietly. The leader relaxed at hearing the singer’s voice. He’d always been the most sensible one in the group when he wasn’t busy with Daehyun. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

Youngjae hummed. “Are you going to come out of there?”

“No.”

“Hyung, look, if you want to stay in there, that’s fine, but nobody out here is going to say anything about what we saw. Junhong’s already made it VERY clear that we’re not allowed to mention it.”

Yongguk didn’t know what to say to that. Junhong had told them not to talk about it? Even at a time like this, the maknae was more concerned with protecting Yongguk’s pride when he should have been freaked out that his hyung had been checking out his and had kissed his bare skin.

Hearing confirmation that the younger boy still cared about him after what had happened made Yongguk’s chest feel tight and his stomach twist. It only made Yongguk like him even more.

Youngjae sighed heavily from outside the door. “Wouldn’t it be easier just to come out of the closet already?”

The leader turned the lock and slowly stepped out into the kitchen. It was empty of everyone except the singer who was leaning against the counter coolly with his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

Yongguk furrowed his brows in confusion. “It’s the laundry room. Not a closet.”

“Whatever, you say, hyung. Whatever, you say.” Youngjae rolled his eyes and held out Yongguk’s cell phone. “Hyosung-sunbaenim called. She would like you to call her back.”

Yongguk held his phone and nodded distractedly as Youngjae left the room.

“But it’s really not a closet...”

He sighed, giving up on trying to figure out the secret code that his band mates seemed intent on driving him insane with. He had more important things to worry about than Youngjae’s inability to differentiate between types of rooms.

He looked down at his phone and hovered his thumb over the screen. Yongguk didn’t want to be rude, but he didn’t have any desire to talk to Secret’s leader outside of official company functions and mandatory interviews. The few times that he had spoken to her without witnesses around, she’d been very handsy. And well… her intent had been clear.

Yongguk wasn’t interested in those kinds of girls (or any girl, as it turned out).  Although, he hadn’t known of his feelings for Junhong at the time, Yongguk had been certain that he didn’t like the way Hyosung had shoved her s in his face and put her hand in his front pocket.

She was beautiful, and Yongguk did find women attractive, arousing even, but he’d always been the hopeless romantic type that wanted more than just a quick which is what she’d been after.

Ever since he’d turned her down, she’d been calling him periodically just in case he changed his mind.

He hadn’t.

But maybe… maybe it was what he needed to get his mind off Junhong. Maybe things could go back to normal between them if he had an outlet for his desires.

Without thinking it through further, Yongguk pressed the screen and held the phone to his ear. He stumbled over his words clumsily when she answered, trying to find a polite way to say ‘I’d be willing to get off with you, but only because you’re basically my only option.’ He wasn’t sure how he managed it, and by the time he hung up, beads of nervous sweat had begun to gather on his forehead.

He wiped them off with the back of his hand hastily and decided to find Himchan to let him know he’d be in charge while Yongguk was out.

The leader heard muffled voices from inside Jongup’s room. At first, he was hesitant to go in considering what position he was most likely to find Himup in, but then he heard the second oldest say Junhong’s name and some sniffling.

His stomach dropped.

Yongguk pushed the door open to see Daehyun, Youngjae, Himchan and Junhong sitting on the edge of the bed with Jongup sitting on the floor in between Junhong’s legs. The second oldest was rubbing soothing circles on the maknae’s back, the younger boy’s head buried in his neck while the dancer held onto Junhong’s hand and played with his fingers.

“What’s wrong?” Yongguk choked out quietly even though he was pretty sure he knew what the problem was and he was dreading hearing it out loud.

This was it. This was the moment where they’d all confront him for harassing Junhong. All of his friendships would be ruined forever because there was no way the younger boy would return his feelings, and the others would rightfully side with Junhong since Yongguk’s been such a creep.

After all, he had been caught in the act of drooling over the maknae only a little earlier that very day. He had pressed his lips against Junhong’s bare skin in front of all of them. Yongguk couldn’t deny whatever accusations they were about to pelt him with.

Himchan tilted his head, causing his perfect black hair to fall neatly to the side. “Zelo-ah is worried--”

“It’s my fault. I take full responsibility,” Yongguk interrupted with a low bow, unable to hear the rest without the tears stinging his eyes b over. He couldn’t stand to hear that Junhong didn’t trust him anymore.

There was a long, uncomfortable silence. When it got unbearable, Yongguk slowly stood back up. He was met with five very confused faces.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Daehyun asked bluntly. Youngjae snorted behind him from the bed.

Suddenly, Yongguk got the impression that he’d judged the situation all wrong. Extremely embarrassed, he tried to play it off nonchalantly. He shrugged. “Nothing. What’re you talking about?”

“I-I was worried that you might be uncomfortable around me now,” Junhong mumbled shyly, his cheeks bright pink as he looked at the ground.  “I was worried that you wouldn’t like me anymore, hyung.”

Yongguk was across the room before he’d even thought about it. He pulled Junhong up from the bed and hugged him close. For once, all dirty thoughts were absent from his mind. He simply wanted to comfort the maknae. He felt Junhong’s arms wrap around his waist and hold him tight, and Yongguk melted inside.

“Jello,” he said lowly, reverently, into Junhong’s hair, “Jello-ah, you mean so much to me. I’ve said it before, but I will tell you again. You are perfect the way you are. There’s nothing that could ever make me dislike you.”

And Yongguk meant those words with every fiber of his being. He meant them more deeply than Junhong knew, more deeply than he could admit now that he had the boy he loved in his arms. He’d almost forgotten how nice it was to hold Junhong.

“Gukkie, you’re such a sap!” Himchan cackled from where he was currently straddling Jongup.

“Youngjae, why don’t you say things like that to me?” Daehyun pouted and shoved the other singer off the bed.

“Because you’re an unparalleled ,” Youngjae huffed in response and whipped a pillow at Daehyun’s head.  

Junhong laughed in amusement. Yongguk could feel the younger boy’s happiness vibrate through his chest and it was a feeling he wished he could hold on to forever. This one perfect moment in time when all of them were happy together.

Too soon, reality stepped back into the room.

Jongup pecked Himchan on the cheek and then turned his attention to the leader. “Hyung, what did Hyosung-sunbaenim want? Are we performing with Secret?”

Yongguk could have kicked himself. He’d temporarily forgotten all about his afternoon plans. He felt Junhong’s lower half sway into his and had to move away. He cleared his throat and tried to look anywhere but at the younger boy’s face.

“Uh, well, she just… She wanted to collaborate on a… a new song, and she asked me to help write it. So… Himchan, you’ll be in charge while I’m gone this afternoon.”

“Hyung! Hyung!” Junhong bounced in front of him excitedly. “Can I go with you? I promise I won’t get in the way.”

Yongguk felt like he was on one of those hidden camera prank shows. That had to be it. Otherwise, there was no way that this could be happening.

He was about to go have his first ever booty-call, solely to relieve his ual frustrations caused by Junhong, and Junhong wanted to go with him.

How could he tell him no when the maknae looked so happy? What could he say?

No, sorry, Jello, but I’m going to her while imaging it's you, and I’d be too ashamed with you watching.

Great.

Just ing awesome.

Yongguk nodded weakly, resigning himself to blue balls for the foreseeable future.